difference between STINES and LOWES.

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gjg

Kaplan, LA

#1 Jan 6, 2010
I went to stines to by fire starter for a fireplace and couldn't find any, so i went to STINES and got some there. WELL STINES was $41 for a box of 48 went to LOWES again this morning and saw them there finially for $17 for a box of 40. that sure is a big difference for a not so important item.needless to sy that was probably my last trip to STINES. you might pay a little more tax at LOWES but the difference in prices is well worth that few cents of tax.
gjg

Kaplan, LA

#2 Jan 6, 2010
messed up on the previous post .i went to lowes first
Also

Abbeville, LA

#3 Jan 6, 2010
gjg wrote:
messed up on the previous post .i went to lowes first
I bet the cashier at Lowe's didn't ask you for your name like they do at Stine's even though you were paying cash. No big deal, just bugs me everytime I buy something at Stine's which is becoming more and more less frequent.
price match

Abbeville, LA

#4 Jan 6, 2010
gjg wrote:
I went to stines to by fire starter for a fireplace and couldn't find any, so i went to STINES and got some there. WELL STINES was $41 for a box of 48 went to LOWES again this morning and saw them there finially for $17 for a box of 40. that sure is a big difference for a not so important item.needless to sy that was probably my last trip to STINES. you might pay a little more tax at LOWES but the difference in prices is well worth that few cents of tax.
Stines price matches with Lowes on the same identical items.
stuck

Lafayette, LA

#5 Jan 6, 2010
Also wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet the cashier at Lowe's didn't ask you for your name like they do at Stine's even though you were paying cash. No big deal, just bugs me everytime I buy something at Stine's which is becoming more and more less frequent.
At Stines if you need to bring something back and you don't give the name who bought it, it can be a 79 cents item you are stuck with it. Cannot exchange, or return.If you have no receipt.
Mrwhipple

Lafayette, LA

#6 Jan 6, 2010
Even though lowes has good prices, do not become complacent, and just buy it there without checking around. If you are buying lumber, Do not buy it at lowes. On a five hundred dollar purchase for a deck project, I saved 90 dollars buying it at Otto Hebert lumber in Delcambre. It was almost a hundred dollars cheaper then lowes. Name any piece of treated lumber at lowes, and Ottos price is cheaper then lowes. And no, that is not a contractors price, anyone walking in at Ottos gets a better price then lowes. But Lowes does have the best price on the top five lumbers items. OSB plywood, Pre-cut studs, and a few others. But if you are buying anything but the top ten lumber items, you will be taken to the cleaners at LOWES. I know, I purchase over 40,000.00 of lumber per year. I don't buy much at LOWES. (Minville Lumber beats most of lowes prices on LUmber also) Yes, I know Lowes will match prices on LUMBER. Guess what, I don't have time for the hassle of waiting for them to call someone to verify my claim.
Mrwhipple

Lafayette, LA

#7 Jan 6, 2010
While we are on the subject, if you are buying Nuts and bolts, Tractor Supply will be LOWES by about 30 percent on Nuts and BOLTS.
abbeville mom

Franklin, LA

#8 Jan 6, 2010
otto heberts in delcambre saved us thousands on lumber when we added on to our house we shopped around and they had the best prices and delivered everything for free, where as stines and lowes wanted to charge us stines was right here in town and wanted 50 bucks to drive a mile a way!!!
gjg

Kaplan, LA

#9 Jan 6, 2010
i know that all items will not be the same price at all the different places. but come on now people. 41 to 17 is a pretty big difference.
Cash

Lenoir City, TN

#10 Jan 6, 2010
Also wrote:
<quoted text>
Bugs me too! I tell them my name is Johnny Cash.
Mrwhipple

Lafayette, LA

#11 Jan 6, 2010
The average person doesn't have to buy Home improvement items very often. But I am in a business where I am in a lumber yard or hardware store 4 times a week. It's really hard to keep up with the best prices. Even when speaking of auto parts. I was once stunned when Oreily and autozone both wanted 24.00 for a fuel filter for my truck. V&V auto parts in Delcambre had it for 19.95
Same exact brand. I bought a gates belt for my truck and saved five dollars buying it at V&V autoparts. V&V is a little small time parts store. To think many of their prices are cheaper then the big chains makes no sense.
MrsCuldesac

Lafayette, LA

#12 Jan 6, 2010
stuck wrote:
<quoted text>At Stines if you need to bring something back and you don't give the name who bought it, it can be a 79 cents item you are stuck with it. Cannot exchange, or return.If you have no receipt.
Just ask for Mike Davis and tell him MrsCuldesac sent you! ROFLMAO,lol
Love me some Mike Davis! gret manager! Lmao
MrsCuldesac

Lafayette, LA

#13 Jan 6, 2010
Great! typo
huhhh

Lafayette, LA

#14 Jan 6, 2010
MrsCuldesac wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask for Mike Davis and tell him MrsCuldesac sent you! ROFLMAO,lol
Love me some Mike Davis! gret manager! Lmao
where u been. he got fired
Mrwhipple

Lafayette, LA

#15 Jan 6, 2010
From a reliable source, he quit. Didn't get fired.
Carpenter

Lafayette, LA

#16 Jan 6, 2010
The difference between Lowes and Stines, is I wont go to Lowes because I do all my shopping at Stines.
Im not paying that stupid extra Abbeville City Council sales tax at Lowes.
Stines gets my business.
deerslayer

Lafayette, LA

#17 Jan 6, 2010
Cash wrote:
<quoted text>
Bugs me too! I tell them my name is Johnny Cash.
I always tell them my name is Paramahansa Yoganada. But you can call me Bob. lol
MrsCuldesac

Lafayette, LA

#18 Jan 7, 2010
Mrwhipple wrote:
From a reliable source, he quit. Didn't get fired.
thanks, just making sure some people are following the news in town, boy they sure are! hehe
He was not fired.
Once Again

Abbeville, LA

#19 Jan 7, 2010
MrsCuldesac wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks, just making sure some people are following the news in town, boy they sure are! hehe
He was not fired.
Acting like you know everybody and everything in town. Just another example that you're a legend in your own mind.
Old Politician

Lafayette, LA

#20 Jan 7, 2010
MrsCuldesac wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not fired.
Admit sister you didn't know. Now if only you knew who I am

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vermillion parish schools 2 hr huh 5
why does the sheriff keep deleting my thread 2 hr Frith 74
Best psychic in duson (Aug '11) Aug 20 Lil menard 18
cloud seeding with all the flooding?? Aug 19 Pilot 2
Hwy 14 bridge (Jul '15) Aug 19 Kylie 11
Directors after Directors Aug 18 Knucklehead 6
Trash and Garbage Pickup Complaint (Oct '08) Aug 18 Brenda Migues 225
Cox cable will lower your bill if you do what I... (Sep '11) Jul '16 Florida and cox c... 58

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages