stupid nephew

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2009

Where is the pawn shop located in Abbeville? Are they open on Saturdays? Stupid nephew stole and sold.
pawn shop question

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2009

PAWN SHOP IS LOCATED ON JOHN HARDY . They are sometimes open on saturdays .. not sure of the hours though ..
victim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

next to voorhies supply...stolen items they have.I found my chain saw that was stolen from me a few months ago there. I paid about 400.00 for it and used it one time. they had it marked for sale at 200.00 I actually had to pay the pawn shop owner the 35.00 that he gave for it to get my property back or have abbeville pd take it in as evidence in a theft case....but think about it paid 35.00 sell 200.00 what a profit margin....
stupid nephew

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

I can't understand why theft victims would have to pay anything to the pawn shop owner who has received stolen merchandise. Are all of the items they have on display? Unbelieveable! Thanks for the info.
Legally

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Legally, title never passes on stolen merchandise. So, the pawn shop owner never had clear title to the saw. He couldn't sell you something that wasn't his to begin with. With proper police involvement and proof, the pawn shop owner would have had to give you your saw back, because no one can force you to buy something that belongs to you in the first place.
stupid nephew

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

So is your saw still in evidence until the court date comes up? That could be years, right?
Legally

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

stupid nephew wrote:
So is your saw still in evidence until the court date comes up? That could be years, right?
Correct. And, it is depreciating the whole time.
Cat

Kaplan, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Legally wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. And, it is depreciating the whole time.
Who cares if it depreciates in value the man just wants back HIS chain saw.
Legally

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares if it depreciates in value the man just wants back HIS chain saw.
It was just cheaper to pay the $35 now and get his chain saw back instead of waiting two years to get it back. After two years of sitting up, the gasoline would have turned to varnish requiring expensive repairs, plus he might need it in the meantime if a hurricane hits.
stupid nephew

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

victim wrote:
next to voorhies supply...stolen items they have.I found my chain saw that was stolen from me a few months ago there. I paid about 400.00 for it and used it one time. they had it marked for sale at 200.00 I actually had to pay the pawn shop owner the 35.00 that he gave for it to get my property back or have abbeville pd take it in as evidence in a theft case....but think about it paid 35.00 sell 200.00 what a profit margin....
Any idea who stole your chain saw? Did you just decide to check there? Did you ask the owner if he had one or was it on display?
Thefts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

stupid nephew wrote:
<quoted text>
Any idea who stole your chain saw? Did you just decide to check there? Did you ask the owner if he had one or was it on display?
Almost all thefts in Abbeville are drug related. The drug dealer steals something, then needs money quickly to get his crack cocaine. Pawn shop is a good place to get money quickly. Get rid of the drugs, get rid of the thefts.
dat all good but

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

dats all good but pawn shop owner is so wrong for dat
Thefts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

dat all good but wrote:
dats all good but pawn shop owner is so wrong for dat
You are right, and the pawn shop can't legally charge you for your own chain saw that was not brought in to the pawn shop by you.
victim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

have no idea it was stolen from wal-mart or stine I had it in the bed of my truck. my stupid mistake..my buddy told me to check the pawn shop and to my suprise it was there and the serial # matched my receipt.I was just thankful to get it back. I dont fault the pawn shop thats just the business that they are in..I hope you find what your looking for and if it is there get ready to pay if you want it back...
victim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

oh sorry that was a reply to stupid nephew
Just Observing

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

There is also one on Charity St., right across from Franks Drive-Inn. The guy who owns/runs it, does great work on small engines; mower, weedeater, blower, etc. just thought I'd add that, b/c I know, being that we are in the middle of summer, those problems come up. Hoping that I won't ever need him again, but I know that if/when I do, he'll get my business again.
BOTTOM BOY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

Thefts wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost all thefts in Abbeville are drug related. The drug dealer steals something, then needs money quickly to get his crack cocaine. Pawn shop is a good place to get money quickly. Get rid of the drugs, get rid of the thefts.
actually we its not the dealer its the smoker that we pay for items on the street that they sold its already cheap and when u pay in drugs even cheaper someones gonna buy it why not you??
lunatic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

Judged:

BOTTOM BOY wrote:
<quoted text>actually we its not the dealer its the smoker that we pay for items on the street that they sold its already cheap and when u pay in drugs even cheaper someones gonna buy it why not you??
What? speak english
boatlander

Patterson, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

Judged:

Okay, here goes pawn shop shoppers. Know how to tell how much they paid for an item? It's written in code right on the price tag. Okay, it goes like this. Pawnshop owner picks a word for his price code. Lets say his code word is
blackstone. b=0 L=1 a= 2 c=3 etc. E=9
So on the chain saw you see the alphabet code
ASBB that means he paid 35.00 for it. So when you make him an offer on an item, he looks at his code and decides how your offer relates to his cost. So how do you figure out his code? Walk in and ask how much he gives for a certain item, like a common item, like a playstation.
Then look at a playstation and see what his alpha code is. You will know that code stands for 25.00 and so on. Walk around and take note of all the different alpha bets on his price tags. Go home and unscramble the letters until they spell something. Once they spell something, assign a number to each alphabet. In new iberia, bayou state pawn used their company name. In the name "bayou state pawn" you have several letters repeated, such as "a" and "t" so they didn't have every letter assigned to a number. But it was easy enough to figure it out.
cajun girl

Crowley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

boatlander wrote:
Okay, here goes pawn shop shoppers. Know how to tell how much they paid for an item? It's written in code right on the price tag. Okay, it goes like this. Pawnshop owner picks a word for his price code. Lets say his code word is
blackstone. b=0 L=1 a= 2 c=3 etc. E=9
So on the chain saw you see the alphabet code
ASBB that means he paid 35.00 for it. So when you make him an offer on an item, he looks at his code and decides how your offer relates to his cost. So how do you figure out his code? Walk in and ask how much he gives for a certain item, like a common item, like a playstation.
Then look at a playstation and see what his alpha code is. You will know that code stands for 25.00 and so on. Walk around and take note of all the different alpha bets on his price tags. Go home and unscramble the letters until they spell something. Once they spell something, assign a number to each alphabet. In new iberia, bayou state pawn used their company name. In the name "bayou state pawn" you have several letters repeated, such as "a" and "t" so they didn't have every letter assigned to a number. But it was easy enough to figure it out.
It's easy for the literate people. Have you read some of the posts on here lately?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Abbeville Forum right now

Search the Abbeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Should Councilman Wayne Landry be recalled? 3 min sore loser 76
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 16 min debbie 2,077
Drug Hotspots (Jun '12) 17 min sad 458
Abbeville chinese restaurant owners arrested. ... 4 hr Red Dodge Pickup Truck 127
Harson VS Stutes 4 hr u will c 41
Harson and Corruption 14 hr mysterymix 12
Abbeville fire claims man's life Tue sad 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Abbeville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Abbeville People Search