Fishing Piers Along LA 82.

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gimnick Enterprises LLC

Youngsville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

What happens wrote:
In a couple of years, all of you realize that it is a never ending battle trying to keep that mess clean because mostly the ones using them are knee grows who don't give a crap?


Simple fix (and no racially based idioms are intended here): How do you run pests out of an area? Remove the benefits that keep bringing them back. Dirty invites dirty; remove the benefits the dumpers are seeking and they'll stop doing it. For instance: for as long as dumping at the piers remains cheaper than a trip to the actual dump, people will continue to screw up our resources to save a few bucks. That 90% savings to the Parish I mentioned earlier? Put it wherever it has to go to make it possible for residents to take oversize refuse to the dump for free. Makes sense to me...
Gimnick Enterprises LLC

Youngsville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

What happens wrote:
In a couple of years, all of you realize that it is a never ending battle trying to keep that mess clean because mostly the ones using them are knee grows who don't give a crap?
Besides, the entire point of the contracts is that the willing go out there and do the work. Otherwise, what would the contract holders be getting paid to do?
Gimnick Enterprises LLC

Youngsville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I've been watching the comments and judgements on this thread, and I can't help but notice all the unlit bulbs over our attempts to fairly, clearly, and calmly address the questions, doubts, and other feedback posted here by other users. I would like to take this opportunity to respectfully invite those who believe us to be clueless to explain in plain language why they deem an effort to initiate a chain of events with far-reaching positive effects, potentially for the entire parish and everyone who calls it home while showing visitors a little pride in ourselves to be such a worthless undertaking.
Dawn Marcelle

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

12

12

12

Gimnick Enterprises LLC wrote:
I've been watching the comments and judgements on this thread, and I can't help but notice all the unlit bulbs over our attempts to fairly, clearly, and calmly address the questions, doubts, and other feedback posted here by other users. I would like to take this opportunity to respectfully invite those who believe us to be clueless to explain in plain language why they deem an effort to initiate a chain of events with far-reaching positive effects, potentially for the entire parish and everyone who calls it home while showing visitors a little pride in ourselves to be such a worthless undertaking.
Tell me about it. I looked this morning and I had three good marks. At noon, I had four bad marks. I look now and I have TEN good marks and there's only two people who judge on here and I'm not one of them. Forget about it.

I simply love your passion for wanting to contribute to community without the hoo rah rah of the ME ME "look what I'm doing" attitude. I hope you are successful in every way.

However, I'm also a realist. It sounds like you hope that the Police Jury will front you the funds to do what they don't want to do. How realistic is that? The Police Jury wants to close down the pier because they don't want to pay for the upkeep. Are you sure they agreed to fund your endeavors?

Do look closely into the ramifications of liability. Perhaps it's as simple as posting a sign that says "Enter at your own risk". Cameras are a good idea until someone shoots them out with a BB gun. And graffiti is always a maintenance nightmare.

Have you thought about setting up a HOST program? I've known several State Parks that would have been closed but we offered a HOST Program. Basically a babysitter at the site who can plug in and stay for free while they monitor the place.

A lot of seniors who travel through the area might volunteer to stick around as a public service. It wouldn't have to be forever. It works way up here in Washington State and we got snow, but you got hurricanes. It's not too hard to make it a win win for everyone.

Good luck and best wishes to you.
Dawn
MrsCuldesac

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Dawn, move on to something in your area! Plug in? Really? There is No place to Plug in! Are you really serious?

Go talk about something you know about, because you surely are getting it wrong down here in Cajun land, our Home, not yours!

Does she not know it in the side of the road?
HELLO!!!!!
Don't worry Dawn, they don't need your help, they can do this all on their own, after all they went to the Meeting not YOU!
MrsCuldesac

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Erath mom, you mentioned you would stop at Stellys grocery... I know one of the owners very good, I can also talk to her, after you stop by... Just let me know...
A mom from Erath

Youngsville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I will be stopping at Stelly's Saturday on my way going to the piers Saturday. I will bring by a copy of the proposal I gave the VPPJ and drop off to them also. I also gave my 3 page proposal to Mr Rosa of the Abbeville Meridional which apparently he didn't read very well according to what he put in the paper today. It was all very well explained about the adopt a pier program, to which all he had to say was I said Louisiana is known as "sportsmanship pariadise" because of fishing. He also got Mr Mitchell's name wrong which is Milton, not Tyrone. We were the only two attending the meeting that got up to speak about the piers. If anyone or other businesses would like a copy of the proposal please email gimnickenterprises@gmail.com and we will send it to you as an attachment. Or there is a copy of it on www.facebook.com/GimnickEnterprises posted as a status a few days ago.
memo

Kaplan, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I am all for fixing the piers, however, there should not have to be trash bins. If the people that fish/crab there would pick up after themselves there would not be a problem. It angers me to see the trash everywhere in southwest la, even in the marsh at the weirs, people leave their shit everywhere. Until the guilty cajun people have respect for our land, there will be trash. DO NOT be surprised that one day, we can no longer go to Rockefeller and many other areas because of the trash that is left behind. If you brought it with you, bring it home, its simple and easy to do.
A mom from Erath

Youngsville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

memo wrote:
I am all for fixing the piers, however, there should not have to be trash bins. If the people that fish/crab there would pick up after themselves there would not be a problem. It angers me to see the trash everywhere in southwest la, even in the marsh at the weirs, people leave their shit everywhere. Until the guilty cajun people have respect for our land, there will be trash. DO NOT be surprised that one day, we can no longer go to Rockefeller and many other areas because of the trash that is left behind. If you brought it with you, bring it home, its simple and easy to do.
I so agree with you!! Right now, you cannot go to rockefellar for the same reason!! Some people will never learn because they dont want to. But, this does not mean that I am giving up the fight.

I will be out there Saturday picking up trash if anyone would like to join, please do so!!!
island girl

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Apr 17, 2013
 
If they remove them people will continue to crab and fish there but i think for safety reasons they should keep an maintain them, if you have lil kids the pier is a barrier from the road..As for as the trash goes, well bring your trash home with you, thats what i do...I hope they keep them !!
island girl

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Apr 17, 2013
 
memo wrote:
I am all for fixing the piers, however, there should not have to be trash bins. If the people that fish/crab there would pick up after themselves there would not be a problem. It angers me to see the trash everywhere in southwest la, even in the marsh at the weirs, people leave their shit everywhere. Until the guilty cajun people have respect for our land, there will be trash. DO NOT be surprised that one day, we can no longer go to Rockefeller and many other areas because of the trash that is left behind. If you brought it with you, bring it home, its simple and easy to do.
Agree
oh oh

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

A mom from Erath wrote:
<quoted text>
I so agree with you!! Right now, you cannot go to rockefellar for the same reason!! Some people will never learn because they dont want to. But, this does not mean that I am giving up the fight.
I will be out there Saturday picking up trash if anyone would like to join, please do so!!!
you better get over there, just past in front, trash everywhere
rofllmao

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

aint none of them gone clean chit there they all talk
MrsCuldesac

Jasper, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

rofllmao wrote:
aint none of them gone clean chit there they all talk
Watch our smoke! Why don't you come and help, I may even let you buy me a beer after! Kmsl
roflmao2

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

All that group wants to do is go against the Police Jurors. Like someone will pay out of their pockets(anyhow it is tax deductible) to fix that so someone else can go and tear it up. Just a bunch who wants free publicity.
rofllmao

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

mrs culd you claim to be supah woman now get to cleanin rofllllllll go clean ya pierrrrrr
rofllmao

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

anything for attention rofllllllllll
MrsCuldesac

Jasper, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

rofllmao wrote:
anything for attention rofllllllllll
It's called caring about your heritage! And wanting a better area for our grandchildren to enjoy when they grow up! It's showing that people can come together for a better purpose!
Something obviously u don't know nothing about! Now you just keep your lazy self tied to your computer, you don't matter anyhow!
Good bye!
roflmao2

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

MrsCuldesac wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called caring about your heritage! And wanting a better area for our grandchildren to enjoy when they grow up! It's showing that people can come together for a better purpose!
Something obviously u don't know nothing about! Now you just keep your lazy self tied to your computer, you don't matter anyhow!
Good bye!
MrsC. let me ask you something. When was the last time that you past over there? Was the place a trash pile? If you did pass and saw that why didn't you stop and clean up your heritage? Why are you trying to jump on the band wagon? You know you won't go and clean it up and if you do, you know it will be a one time thing.
rofllmao

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mrs Culd. is just a nobody that thinks she is all that roflllll... take your lazy azz and get to cleaning....... get off of topix for one minute. Nobody cares about you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Abbeville Forum right now

Search the Abbeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Slidell man's passion for iris flowers blossoms... 27 min Sherry 1
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 4 hr Living Wage 2,109
Abbeville chinese restaurant owners arrested. ... 9 hr Ed Snowden 156
Should Councilman Wayne Landry be recalled? Fri Reality 93
2015 Sheriffs Race Fri justice 339
Harson VS Stutes Thu fedup 47
Drug Hotspots (Jun '12) Apr 16 sad 458
•••
•••
•••
•••

Abbeville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Abbeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••