Taco Festival Denied by Abbeville Cit...

Taco Festival Denied by Abbeville City Council

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

Santa Maria

Abbeville, LA

#1 Sep 14, 2012
Poking it's head slightly above ground is the D word. Our Hispanic population celebrates their independence day just as all Americans do. We seem to forget that Mexico is America also, but having to reschedule the Taco Festival in Opelousas due to an incorrect application mistake seems a bit of the D word. Growing Abbeville missed a chance of filling that niche.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 14, 2012
Well there goes Taco Bells chance to get a booth!
Roche

United States

#3 Sep 15, 2012
Santa Maria wrote:
Poking it's head slightly above ground is the D word. Our Hispanic population celebrates their independence day just as all Americans do. We seem to forget that Mexico is America also, but having to reschedule the Taco Festival in Opelousas due to an incorrect application mistake seems a bit of the D word. Growing Abbeville missed a chance of filling that niche.
They did the right thing. Every Dago would want a spaghetti festival and every Vietnamese would want a dog eating festival. The Chinese would want a Sushi festival and the swingers would want a nympho festival. Pot smokers would want a pot festival and the coke heads would want a welfare festival. Now you get my drift
cow patte

Broussard, LA

#4 Sep 15, 2012
And Plaisance would want a Cow Pattie Festival.
Nguyen

Moscow, TN

#5 Sep 15, 2012
Roche wrote:
<quoted text>They did the right thing. Every Dago would want a spaghetti festival and every Vietnamese would want a dog eating festival. The Chinese would want a Sushi festival and the swingers would want a nympho festival. Pot smokers would want a pot festival and the coke heads would want a welfare festival. Now you get my drift
Hateful sick freak!
WWIII

Abbeville, LA

#6 Sep 16, 2012
Roche wrote:
<quoted text>They did the right thing. Every Dago would want a spaghetti festival and every Vietnamese would want a dog eating festival. The Chinese would want a Sushi festival and the swingers would want a nympho festival. Pot smokers would want a pot festival and the coke heads would want a welfare festival. Now you get my drift
This would be awesome!
No need

United States

#7 Sep 16, 2012
There is no need for a taco festival. We have enough so-called festivals in our area. We do not have to cater to the hispanic group. The primary heritage in this area is Cajun heritage. That is what we need to focus on. And anybody who thinks we need to placate the hispanics needs to go back where they came from. These people are newcomers to our area. Yes, some of them are in our workforce and schools, but No, they have not enriched our culture in any major way. Sorry, that's how I feel. I have nothing against them, but I feel they should adapt to our way of life, not the other way around. This is Cajun Country... get used to it! We do not have to be politically correct about this issue. There's too much of that in our society already. If 500 Cajuns moved to Mexico, or even southwestern Texas, would they host a Cajun Gumbo Festival? I doubt it!
Roche

Pearland, TX

#8 Sep 16, 2012
Nguyen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hateful sick freak!
You people need to go back to Vietnam Nam you slanty eyed idiots who claim y'all don't understand English when y'all owe us money but if we owe you money you understand English better than us. Stay in the Gulf on your shrimp boats and stop trying to exaggerate your claims from the BP spill. Do your drugs ang gang activity elsewhere
Taco

Pearland, TX

#9 Sep 16, 2012
Santa Maria wrote:
dum az there is a taco festival every cattle festival. Admission is a beer and Ms cuntdesac furnishes the tacos

“Karma is my friend”

Since: Feb 11

Look over your shoulder

#10 Sep 16, 2012
Taco wrote:
<quoted text>dum az there is a taco festival every cattle festival. Admission is a beer and Ms cuntdesac furnishes the tacos
Make sure you don't pass up those FAKEAWAY grilled cheese sandwiches.
I'm sure there's some Taco flavor in there somewhere.
ENTER REAL NAME HERE

Abbeville, LA

#11 Sep 16, 2012
Taco wrote:
<quoted text>dum az there is a taco festival every cattle festival. Admission is a beer and Ms cuntdesac furnishes the tacos
[email protected] T

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#12 Sep 16, 2012
Dawn Marcelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Make sure you don't pass up those FAKEAWAY grilled cheese sandwiches.
I'm sure there's some Taco flavor in there somewhere.
Awww you miss me. So sweet!
Optimus Prime

Lenoir City, TN

#13 Sep 16, 2012
Roche wrote:
Sushi is Japanese dumba$$. What's wrong with tacos, everybody loves tacos. You don't have to be Mexican to eat tacos.
Hispanic

Mobile, AL

#14 Sep 17, 2012
Optimus Prime wrote:
<quoted text>
Sushi is Japanese dumba$$. What's wrong with tacos, everybody loves tacos. You don't have to be Mexican to eat tacos.
You don't have to be dago to eat spaghetti. The mayor would be the grand Marshall unless he picks his cousin from across the street. Sorry to mix up the Chinese and japs They all have slanty eyes and look alike. Maybe a chow
Main festival. Then a wild game festival for the hunters. Of course a bald taco festival got the best female shavers. A poo doo festival for the poo people who inhabit our area a hamburger festival for the AMERICANS who support the minorities who sit on their fat asses
Invest in America. Use KY jelly
hi

Abbeville, LA

#15 Sep 18, 2012
Optimus Prime wrote:
<quoted text>Sushi is Japanese dumba$$. What's wrong with tacos, everybody loves tacos. You don't have to be Mexican to eat tacos.
Thank You, i agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anybody remember the old Phil-a-Sak in Abb... (Sep '13) Thu Michelle Gilger 2
Opinion needed Oct 16 CKR 10
Will Mike Klosoual or Kirk Champagne be th next... Oct 15 Sammy Jones 1
to kneel or not to kneel-how do you feel about ... Oct 7 Discerner 4
News Acadia Parish Sheriff Captures Escaped Prisoner (Oct '07) Oct 4 JiP 3
Ronnie Suire (Dec '09) Oct 2 bro 14
todays paper: sara the crap starter. Sep '17 ByeSara 9

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages