The bar inside the Pub is in decent shape.

Jul 24, 2010 Full story: Abbeville Meridional 17

A legendary bar in Abbeville is up for sale which could be a good thing for the bar and the city.

Full Story
no way

New Iberia, LA

#1 Jul 25, 2010
looks like it is bad shape.been flooded alot
MrsCuldesac

United States

#2 Jul 25, 2010
Brings back many memories that old place.
Someone that likes to preserve old buildings should invest in this one. Just think, The Pub, back to its original state. But, where would they put the walkway to the deck and patio facing the river, its all washed away. They would have to build on to the back of the building which would not leave any parking for a business to re open. Just my take on it, but it would be nice to see something in that corner. Something HIP for a change in Abbeville!
Lu Lu

Rayne, LA

#3 Jul 25, 2010
MrsCuldesac wrote:
Someone that likes to preserve old buildings should invest in this one. Just think, The Pub, back to its original state. But, where would they put the walkway to the deck and patio facing the river, its all washed away. They would have to build on to the back of the building which would not leave any parking for a business to re open. Just my take on it, but it would be nice to see something in that corner. Something HIP for a change in Abbeville!
I have always thought this is a great place. If someone would take an interest in it. It could be similar to Lu Lu's in Orange Beach. A place to bring your family and have dinner, or a great place for singles who do not want to go to a smokey dark bar. Live bands, Set up a sand volleyball court and a play area for smaller children to be entertained. This could be a great attraction for all ages. I hope someone does that. Abbeville definately needs it, and when it does well it will bring the money so needed into the City of Abbeville to make it a really desirable area for others. Good Luck!
MrsCuldesac

United States

#4 Jul 25, 2010
Lu Lu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always thought this is a great place. If someone would take an interest in it. It could be similar to Lu Lu's in Orange Beach. A place to bring your family and have dinner, or a great place for singles who do not want to go to a smokey dark bar. Live bands, Set up a sand volleyball court and a play area for smaller children to be entertained. This could be a great attraction for all ages. I hope someone does that. Abbeville definately needs it, and when it does well it will bring the money so needed into the City of Abbeville to make it a really desirable area for others. Good Luck!
Is that Lu Lu's as in Jimmy Buffets sister's resturant?
Remember the canoe's w/the deck betwween them,to take for a ride? they had at one time at the Pub, my best friend and I would go there at age about age 11 just to get on the canoes,so much fun.

You know while we are the subject of bringing an interest to Abbeville, the empty bldg. across from Burger king on the corner, needs to re-open and get beautified!!!So tired of seeing it empty,long grass, YUK. It does no good for Abbeville to have a bldg. like this right when you are coming into Abbeville. The mayor needs to get with Mr. Wayne Touchet and together they need to give stiff guide lines to this owner of this building!Either you clean up your act or you will have to tear it down, right at the Four corners in Abbeville, Now really. YOu dont see this in Lafayette at the main entrance to their town,we should not see it here either! Wake up Mr. Mayor & Mr.Police Juror President
Sorry, had to much coffee!lol
Lu Lu

Rayne, LA

#5 Jul 25, 2010
MrsCuldesac wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the canoe's w/the deck betwween them,to take for a ride? they had at one time at the Pub, my best friend and I would go there at age about age 11 just to get on the canoes,so much fun.
You know while we are the subject of bringing an interest to Abbeville, the empty bldg. across from Burger king on the corner, needs to re-open and get beautified!!!So tired of seeing it empty,long grass, YUK. It does no good for Abbeville to have a bldg. like this right when you are coming into Abbeville. The mayor needs to get with Mr. Wayne Touchet and together they need to give stiff guide lines to this owner of this building!Either you clean up your act or you will have to tear it down, right at the Four corners in Abbeville, Now really. YOu dont see this in Lafayette at the main entrance to their town,we should not see it here either! Wake up Mr. Mayor & Mr.Police Juror President
Yes that's the one! It's time for Abbeville to have a positive place for people to enjoy! I agree with guidelines for commercial property owners. Vermilion Parish as a whole is a great place with wonderful attributes, they should make the investment to Abbeville, our Parish seat, to keep it looking great.
Neon Armadillo

Abbeville, LA

#6 Jul 25, 2010
MrsCuldesac wrote:
<quoted text>
The Neon Armadillo was supposed to open on the other side of the river just north of the old Pub. But Obamahealth stopped the new surgery center dead in its tracks. Doctors are scared to invest that kind of money.
Hwy 167 was going to look like those strip malls by Wal Mart. Thanks to Obama everything is on hold.
splitpea

Crowley, LA

#7 Jul 25, 2010
MrsCuldesac wrote:
Okay for those potentially curious investors. Don't even think about it. We stopped by the old place today. It's rougher then rough. The building is so bad, they'd get more for the place if the building was gone. Then you wouldn't have to pay to tear it down. Its like anything thats been neglected for twenty years. It's falling apart. It can't, and it will never be remodeled. There is no one foolish enough to spend 150k on this place. And that is about what it would take to make the place useable for anything.
To the Meridional reporter. YOU LIE. that story in todays paper made it sound like the place just needs a little TLC. It needs a bulldozer.
Cest Bon

United States

#8 Jul 25, 2010
Lu Lu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always thought this is a great place. If someone would take an interest in it. It could be similar to Lu Lu's in Orange Beach. A place to bring your family and have dinner, or a great place for singles who do not want to go to a smokey dark bar. Live bands, Set up a sand volleyball court and a play area for smaller children to be entertained. This could be a great attraction for all ages. I hope
someone does that. Abbeville definately needs it, and when it does well it will bring
the money so needed into the City of
Abbeville to make it a really desirable area
for others. Good Luck!
I have the same thoughts for the Pub every time we eat at Lu Lu's. Good minds think alike!
virginity lost

Abbeville, LA

#9 Jul 26, 2010
no way wrote:
looks like it is bad shape.been flooded alot
That is the place that caused me to lose my virginity.
For those of you about 50ish remember the old Benefield's Steak House near where Dale's is now?
I think it was Mrs. Benefield who was a bartender at the Pub. Anyway she was a hot looking lady and I would dream of the pleasure she could give me.
One night I was in there and a lady about my mom's age was drunk. We started talking and I inquired about the bartender to see if she maybe was interested.
This older woman was told by me I was still a virgin.
She laughed then looked at me and said I will take care of your problem myself.
Even though she didn't look as good as the lady behind the bar I was ready.
We got into the back seat if my Thunderbird under the by pass bridge and got it on. I still remember that day even though it was over 30 years ago.
MrsCuldesac

United States

#10 Jul 26, 2010
virginity lost wrote:
<quoted text>That is the place that caused me to lose my virginity.
For those of you about 50ish remember the old Benefield's Steak House near where Dale's is now?
I think it was Mrs. Benefield who was a bartender at the Pub. Anyway she was a hot looking lady and I would dream of the pleasure she could give me.
One night I was in there and a lady about my mom's age was drunk. We started talking and I inquired about the bartender to see if she maybe was interested.
This older woman was told by me I was still a virgin.
She laughed then looked at me and said I will take care of your problem myself.
Even though she didn't look as good as the lady behind the bar I was ready.
We got into the back seat if my Thunderbird under the by pass bridge and got it on. I still remember that day even though it was over 30 years ago.
ROFLMAO..Good for you!!!lol
candidate trifecta

Abbeville, LA

#11 Jul 26, 2010
MrsCuldesac wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO..Good for you!!!lol
That wasn't you in that Thunderbird was it?
chiefredbird

Germany

#12 May 11, 2012
The Pub is looking good now they have a dock and they purchased the lot next to it which a fence is going up
Nessa Da Besta

Abbeville, LA

#13 Jul 2, 2012
Only went to The Pub a total of 5 times in my younger days. Wasn't of age in it's heyday (70s)but fell in love with the place every time I stepped thru the door! Wish someone could post pics or a youtube video of it in it's heyday. Hate what the lady did to it. Found out years after it closed that my uncle was one of the carpenters when it was originally built. Remember a pretty older lady bartending in the early 80s-she was the person who introduced me to Brandy Alexanders made her own special way. Ice,1 shot Remy Martin, 1 shot Kahlua, 1/2 cup Half and Half shaken, strained and grated nutmeg on top. It took over 10 years before I could afford a bottle of Remy, but now it's my favorite Christmas/winter drink. I call it Industrial Strength Chocolate Milk or Sexual Chocolate HA! And it's got a calming kick! Anyway do I remember correctly? There was a seating area as you walked out the french doors onto outside balcony and another bench area on next level then the wharf with small bench? Or is it I'm remembering it too extravagant 'cos when you're younger everything seems more grander? And the 2 top levels had a roof over them. I dunno just hate what that woman did and wish I could see pics or video of original to see if I'm remembering it correctly. Thanks for the reminiscing, loved all the comments. Any help on that pic or video would be helpful.
NOTFADEAWAY

Hurst, TX

#14 Jul 2, 2012
I think that place looks better than it ever did. She must have a ton of money because I know it took lots of it to make it look so good. Thank you to the owner for improving the river front. Wish I lived there.
MrsCuldesac

Santa Barbara, CA

#15 Jul 2, 2012
Lol,her husband loves her very much! I often wonder if they still have the old hot tub? the one that ms. Margie used to clown about? Lord let her rest in Peace
improvement

Abbeville, LA

#16 Jul 3, 2012
That place had been deteriorating for years and starting to look like it was falling into the river. Nice to see it looking good again. They should declare it a landmark.
Rosiewalks

Abbeville, LA

#17 Jul 3, 2012
MrsCuldesac wrote:
Lol,her husband loves her very much! I often wonder if they still have the old hot tub? the one that ms. Margie used to clown about? Lord let her rest in Peace
Do you remember the shag carpet in that room?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Toups (Nov '13) 49 min Hood News 91
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 1 hr Rodger 3,506
District G Schoolboard race 1 hr Parent 3
Abbeville chinese restaurant owners arrested. ... (Jan '14) 2 hr Where is Omar 507
2015 Sheriffs Race (Jan '14) 18 hr Suezie 739
Vermilion Catholic Alumni Dustin Desormeaux wom... Tue Marcus 10
Harson VS Stutes (Mar '14) Mon NOTFADEAWAY 287

Abbeville Jobs

Abbeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Abbeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Abbeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]