AGH Doctors are QUACKS
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 09

Abbeville

#1 May 23, 2009
they told me i had poison oak, treated me for it, the stuff came back a month later. come to find out it was an allergic reaction to something, not poison oak to begin with.

i hate going there & only go when i have no other choice.
Dago

Rayne, LA

#2 May 23, 2009
CooterBug wrote:
they told me i had poison oak, treated me for it, the stuff came back a month later. come to find out it was an allergic reaction to something, not poison oak to begin with.
Well, if you would have told him you had bugs in your cooter, he could have treated you better. Doctors can't read minds, you know.
Pepto Bismol

Lafayette, LA

#3 May 23, 2009
CooterBug wrote:
You should have VOTED NO to the hospital tax last summer. More than likely you didnt even go vote.
AGH is very well funded now because of this new tax, but the quality is no better.
Pet

Rayne, LA

#4 May 23, 2009
Pepto Bismol wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have VOTED NO to the hospital tax last summer. More than likely you didnt even go vote.
AGH is very well funded now because of this new tax, but the quality is no better.
Actually, it is even worse.

Since: May 09

Abbeville

#6 May 25, 2009
Dago wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you would have told him you had bugs in your cooter, he could have treated you better. Doctors can't read minds, you know.
Ya'll are the weirdest people. Do I have to blurt it out on every post. My daughter says Cooter for Scooter & it has lady bugs on it...therefore CooterBug!!!!!!!!!
and then some

AOL

#7 May 25, 2009
CooterBug wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya'll are the weirdest people. Do I have to blurt it out on every post. My daughter says Cooter for Scooter & it has lady bugs on it...therefore CooterBug!!!!!!!!!
Take it from me. Just ignore those ignorant postings and they will stop stirring the pot. If you address their ridiculous comments, it just gets them going.
highway14

Franklin, LA

#8 May 25, 2009
Well, it's a small town hospital. What do you expect? It's not as if their budget allows them to hire the best in each field.
There again, if you read the allegations, someone once said that Doctors and Hospitals in america kill over a hundred thousand patients each year.(the number is probably not accurate, but I seem to think it was much higher.) Kill them, meaning someone in the system made a mistake that directly contributed to their death.
I have a sister in law who worked in a hospital in New Iberia. About 15 years ago, an elderly man was in the hospital for a stroke. The nurse walks in his room, and finds that he rolled out of his bed, and got his wires and tubes wrapped around his neck, and was hanging from the side of the bed, and strangled himself. The patient was not in his full mental state.
When the event was discovered, the head of the hospital was called in. The door was shut and all parties involved got the story straight before his death was reported. The final report stated that he died of complications of a stroke.
The nurses on duty were compelled to agree with the hospitals version of events. They were spooked that all involved would face penalties for their negligence if the truth got out. So all agreed to the final report. End of story. Then the family was called and informed of the old mans passing.
Makes me wonder how often this kind of cover up goes on.
TAXXXXXed Out

Rayne, LA

#9 May 26, 2009
highway14 wrote:
Well, it's a small town hospital. What do you expect? It's not as if their budget allows them to hire the best in each field.
There again, if you read the allegations, someone once said that Doctors and Hospitals in america kill over a hundred thousand patients each year.(the number is probably not accurate, but I seem to think it was much higher.) Kill them, meaning someone in the system made a mistake that directly contributed to their death.
I have a sister in law who worked in a hospital in New Iberia. About 15 years ago, an elderly man was in the hospital for a stroke. The nurse walks in his room, and finds that he rolled out of his bed, and got his wires and tubes wrapped around his neck, and was hanging from the side of the bed, and strangled himself. The patient was not in his full mental state.
When the event was discovered, the head of the hospital was called in. The door was shut and all parties involved got the story straight before his death was reported. The final report stated that he died of complications of a stroke.
The nurses on duty were compelled to agree with the hospitals version of events. They were spooked that all involved would face penalties for their negligence if the truth got out. So all agreed to the final report. End of story. Then the family was called and informed of the old mans passing.
Makes me wonder how often this kind of cover up goes on.
They charge the patients, they charge the insurance companies, they get grant money, now a half cent sales tax. I think they are doing fine, financially.
Still long wait at the ER. A year after the tax passed. I don't take that long to straighten out a mess!
hmmm

Fort Worth, TX

#10 May 26, 2009
CooterBug wrote:
I went once for blisters all over my entire body and the doctor told me I had ant bites!! Come to find out it was my second bout with chicken pox
Diseases down low

Rayne, LA

#11 May 26, 2009
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I went once for blisters all over my entire body and the doctor told me I had ant bites!! Come to find out it was my second bout with chicken pox
Or your first bout with Cooterbug.
Quack

Lafayette, LA

#12 Jun 10, 2009
CooterBug wrote:
Quack Quack!

Since: Jun 09

Milton, LA

#13 Jun 24, 2009
dat's all good but lady bugs on cooter plz ahhahaha what meds you on???
ms ms

United States

#14 Jun 24, 2009
CooterBug wrote:
hey cooter told ya not to go there should have gone to vet instead
ms ms

United States

#15 Jun 24, 2009
DAT ALL GOOD BUT wrote:
dat's all good but lady bugs on cooter plz ahhahaha what meds you on???
a SCOOTER W/ ladybugs painted on it..read reaaaaalllll sssssslllloooowww you might finally understannnndddd
oil change

Lafayette, LA

#16 Jun 30, 2009
maybe it was cooterbugs from the Pink Chicken
MrsCuldesac

Lenoir City, TN

#17 Jun 30, 2009
LMAO!!!
your princess

Patterson, LA

#18 Jun 30, 2009
My daughter has a scooter with barbie on it. So can I be CooterBarb?? It is true though when they're little they don't pronounce the "S". Anyone with children would know that.
AGH and my husband

United States

#19 Jul 8, 2009
My husband woke me at 5 am in the morning 9 months ago screaming in pain saying he was sure this was a heart attack. Because we live far from the hospital we drove to Abbeville where an ambulance met us. I was on the phone with 911 when she told me to pull over the ambulance would help me . I stopped. They began doing all kinds of things including ekgs to see if he was having a heart attack, all the while i could hear him begging for help . Then the paramedic asked where do you want us to take him ....all i could think was anywhere close,so off they went to agh.My husband layed in a bed in the emergency room for 5 hours after many EKGs they still kept insisting he was not having a heart attack. I would grab washclothes pour water on them and try to cool him off some he was sweating from head to toe. Finally after 5 hours the doctor walks in and says ma'am your husband is having a heart attack and we will be sending him by airmaed to lafayette. Some of my memory that day is so scattered like i can remember this but the drive to the ambulance in abbeville is a blur. So many people have asked why don't you sue? My only answer for that is ....well .....its just not us....we look at the little bit of positive that came out of this...air med for one who stabilized my husband in minutes...he had to have a quadruple bypass because of 40% heart damage that was caused by just waiting in the ER. I just thought everyone should know...Becareful, sometimes we don't have a choice when we are in need of help..but if you can try to make it to lafayette.The Heart hospital saved my husband and we are so greatful!
pooyie

Nashville, TN

#20 Jul 16, 2009
Speaking of AGH doctors- how about that Doctor Jim George?
pooyie

Nashville, TN

#21 Jul 16, 2009
How 'bout that Dr. Jim George?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opinion needed (Oct '17) 22 hr Grown up 11
Poll Who is responsible for the Oil Spill? (May '10) Apr 23 Little Chung 1,013
Cox cable will lower your bill if you do what I... (Sep '11) Apr 19 Radge1966 82
qsa Apr 18 Yeah right 10
Snagglepuss Apr 17 Bruh 3
Bright light Apr 16 Jupiter 2
She won now what? Apr 5 Clear 5

Abbeville Jobs

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages