State police called to Investigate fa...

State police called to Investigate fatal crash in Maurice

There are 41 comments on the The Daily Advertiser story from Oct 11, 2012, titled State police called to Investigate fatal crash in Maurice. In it, The Daily Advertiser reports that:

MAURICE- Louisiana State Police Troop I was requested by the Town of Maurice Police Chief to investigate a fatal crash on US Highway 167 that involved one of his officers, and claimed the life of an Abbeville man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Advertiser.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
A Question

Kaplan, LA

#1 Oct 12, 2012
what was the violation the officer was chasing the violator for?
Idiot

Houston, TX

#2 Oct 12, 2012
A Question wrote:
Speeding. Not murder or bank robbery. He should be charged with manslaughter. Our prayers go out to Stan Suire and his family
Speed limit forty not 80

Houston, TX

#3 Oct 12, 2012
A Question wrote:
speeding. How ridiculous
Just me

Humble, TX

#4 Oct 12, 2012
This officer will have to live with this for the rest of his life unless you are in an officers shoes and know what they have to deal with everyday you will never understand he puts his life in danger everyday he puts that uniform on for very little pay...and why cause he loves what he does and he protects you...ACCIDENT
WWIII

Abbeville, LA

#5 Oct 13, 2012
We'll never understand until we're in the officers shoes, huh?
Try on Mr. Suire's shoes, how does that feel?
Killed by an over-zealous cop not in control of his vehicle due to his own excessive speed, endangering others lives in a speed trap.
Maybe we should make a bypass around Maurice, and name it in memory of Stans father.
miscellanious

Abbeville, LA

#6 Oct 13, 2012
Excuse me......was that over-zealous cop wearing his seatbelt? A violation that we can be given a ticket for.....where is the justice in that! What happen to the old saying "Practice what you preach"?
vehicular man slaughter

Abbeville, LA

#7 Oct 13, 2012
I don't think the lights on an emergency vehicle gives them the right to disobey a traffic signal ,as ambulance and fire trucks must stop and let traffic clear before proceeding !
AHS Grad

Houston, TX

#8 Oct 13, 2012
vehicular man slaughter wrote:
I don't think the lights on an emergency vehicle gives them the right to disobey a traffic signal ,as ambulance and fire trucks must stop and let traffic clear before proceeding !
You are right
AHS Grad

Houston, TX

#9 Oct 13, 2012
WWIII wrote:
We'll never understand until we're in the officers shoes, huh?
Try on Mr. Suire's shoes, how does that feel?
Killed by an over-zealous cop not in control of his vehicle due to his own excessive speed, endangering others lives in a speed trap.
Maybe we should make a bypass around Maurice, and name it in memory of Stans father.
Very well said
Driver

Houston, TX

#10 Oct 13, 2012
Just me wrote:
This officer will have to live with this for the rest of his life unless you are in an officers shoes and know what they have to deal with everyday you will never understand he puts his life in danger everyday he puts that uniform on for very little pay...and why cause he loves what he does and he protects you...ACCIDENT
he chose to put his life in danger by driving like a maniac like usual the violator survives and the innocent driver dies. Big lawsuit probable. I hope Maurice has good insurance
wow

Abbeville, LA

#11 Oct 13, 2012
When you need an officer I hope they drive 40mph to get to you.then you can say WOW it sure took them long enough...... damn if you do damn if you don't/ Put on that uniform for one day and see if you feel the same when the day is over.. As far as Stan, I pray for him and his family.and for that Officer that has to live with a live he has taken. They have spoken. and it's not even close to how you people think.
Driver

United States

#12 Oct 13, 2012
wow wrote:
When you need an officer I hope they drive 40mph to get to you.then you can say WOW it sure took them long enough...... damn if you do damn if you don't/ Put on that uniform for one day and see if you feel the same when the day is over.. As far as Stan, I pray for him and his family.and for that Officer that has to live with a live he has taken. They have spoken. and it's not even close to how you people think.
There is a big difference in going forty or eighty. He was not responding to a call. He was chasing a speeder going a few miles over the limit. Fifty would have been an appropriate speed. What he did was being a wrecklessly driver
MrsCuldesac

Humble, TX

#13 Oct 13, 2012
My prayers go out to Stan & the family. A tragedy, so sad. What is this world coming to?
Driver

United States

#14 Oct 14, 2012
MrsCuldesac wrote:
My prayers go out to Stan & the family. A tragedy, so sad. What is this world coming to?
Cops think they are God. Remember Jay Capterville under Coleman. Remember the arrest of the eighty year man. Hardy is stopping the wrecklessly driving cops due to gps If Hardy's brother would have won the election I bet gps would have prevented this tragedy. I say Rost had to go. Lack of supervision. The cop needs to be charged with a felony. Once these cops realize they aren't immuned from laws this type of behavior will stop
Driver

United States

#15 Oct 14, 2012
Stan's mother is on poor health and needed her husband Douch bag has now ruined the medical care his wife needed
vehicular man slaughter

Abbeville, LA

#16 Oct 14, 2012
This morning in news paper it's to my understanding there was no light at accident rather stop sign ! Officer cleared ! My sympathy to all involved may god bless all
WWIII

Abbeville, LA

#17 Oct 14, 2012
vehicular man slaughter wrote:
This morning in news paper it's to my understanding there was no light at accident rather stop sign ! Officer cleared ! My sympathy to all involved may god bless all
After all is said and done, the fact will remain...through no fault of his own, Mr. Suire is dead. He was killed by a policeman going too fast to properly control his vehicle in a congested speed trap of a town. Irregardless of Stan's very gracious apology, or any subsequent investigation, this is unjustifiable and wrong. My sympathies to the Suire family.
curiosity

Abbeville, LA

#18 Oct 14, 2012
WWIII wrote:
<quoted text>After all is said and done, the fact will remain...through no fault of his own, Mr. Suire is dead. He was killed by a policeman going too fast to properly control his vehicle in a congested speed trap of a town. Irregardless of Stan's very gracious apology, or any subsequent investigation, this is unjustifiable and wrong. My sympathies to the Suire family.
agree
in the know

Abbeville, LA

#19 Oct 14, 2012
Both are at fault. enough said.
in the know

Abbeville, LA

#20 Oct 14, 2012
WWIII wrote:
<quoted text>
After all is said and done, the fact will remain...through no fault of his own, Mr. Suire is dead. He was killed by a policeman going too fast to properly control his vehicle in a congested speed trap of a town. Irregardless of Stan's very gracious apology, or any subsequent investigation, this is unjustifiable and wrong. My sympathies to the Suire family.
When you are in need the cop may just go 25 to get to you. then you would say it took too long. Some of you jackasses cannot be pleased.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abbeville lawyer arrested (Sep '09) Sun Marky 20
Poll Should Monster/Redbull have an age limit for ch... (Dec '11) Jul 23 Ejallen03 34
abbeville youth program (Jan '16) Jul 23 huh 271
why does the sheriff keep deleting my thread Jul 22 Pres O 32
Cox cable will lower your bill if you do what I... (Sep '11) Jul 13 Florida and cox c... 58
Looking for Shane Leblanc aka Shane Romero (Apr '13) Jul 12 sho nuf 149
Mike perry Jul 7 kozmo37643 5

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages