Citizen

Abbeville, LA

#1 May 5, 2013
What has Abbeville come to when a person can not go to the grocery store and walk back safely to there and car. Come on people its time we start teaching our kids what respect is and the right way to live. We need to stop blaming everybody else and do something about it, we could have the FBI in this town and if we dont start at home we have nothing. Kids need to start staying in school, see the inside of a church,know it is not right to walk around with the top of your shorts half way down your leg. We may not be able to fix the stupid adults we have but maybe we can do something for the future with the youth. We had marches and people still shot others afterwards, as parents lets stand up together and hopefully do something about it because if not where will Abbeville be in the next few years.
Hmmmm

Abbeville, LA

#2 May 5, 2013
It is safe nowhere. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. It's sad that it has to be that way . Our kids futures are doomed.
MrsCuldesac

Humble, TX

#5 May 5, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
It is safe nowhere. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. It's sad that it has to be that way . Our kids futures are doomed.
No I refuse to go along with you and say our kids future is doomed! They will have what we teach them! And teach them to be able to sustain in this life no matter what! To be strong!
Number one killer of young adults: drugs, domestic violence, drinking and driving!
They do need to see the inside of a church more & learn to pray!
You are correct when you say they are not safe anywhere, not even in your own home! We have to see the warning signs, & not be afraid to see it and say something! It's a horrible life to lose a child, they are here one minute and gone the next...... Some parents grieving kids that are in Jail, so horrible!
We have to have faith and teach them to be ones to Guide to the right path! Not followers down a dead end path!
Pray, pray & pray often for our youth always!
Peace
lawrd

Abbeville, LA

#6 May 5, 2013
U so funny like u never drink and drive or had drugs in the house, nevah been arrested either! pahaha, u can teach them ti'll u blue in the face and they will do opposite.
taught them by example

Abbeville, LA

#7 May 6, 2013
she taught how to do the things she did now shes crying guilt must be a horrible thing
MrsCuldesac

Humble, TX

#8 May 6, 2013
Guilt, I've got no guilt the only one who lives with guilt is in a jail cell. You give birth and love your children all the days of your Life, no matter what. And yes, you do learn from your mistakes, and don't want your children to make the same mistakes. But as adults they have their own mind to do what they choose...that's why I pray a lot, for God to forgive me, the mistakes so I may learn, and to pray for people like you, that you can learn humility!
lol

Abbeville, LA

#9 May 6, 2013
taught them by example wrote:
she taught how to do the things she did now shes crying guilt must be a horrible thing
yep!
MrsCuldesac

Humble, TX

#11 May 6, 2013
I hold my head up high, have a lovely day
lol

Abbeville, LA

#12 May 6, 2013
yea yea yea,,
boatlander

Crowley, LA

#13 May 6, 2013
Citizen wrote:
What has Abbeville come to when a person can not go to the grocery store and walk back safely to there and car. Come on people its time we start teaching our kids what respect is and the right way to live. We need to stop blaming everybody else and do something about it, we could have the FBI in this town and if we dont start at home we have nothing. Kids need to start staying in school, see the inside of a church,know it is not right to walk around with the top of your shorts half way down your leg. We may not be able to fix the stupid adults we have but maybe we can do something for the future with the youth. We had marches and people still shot others afterwards, as parents lets stand up together and hopefully do something about it because if not where will Abbeville be in the next few years.
The answer is not simple. I always felt that for the most part, kids will take up their parents bad habits. When you mention "we can't fix stupid adults" I think, the young generation chooses to be stupid.(maybe because they want to be like their peers) The teenagers today, are bucking their parents the way the dope smokin hippees of 1970 were rejecting their parents ideals. In the early seventies, it was a massive rebellion. it cooled down by the eighties, and now we are seeing another resurgence of massive rebellion to their parents ideals. I'm holding out hope, that they will somehow see the light.
The only thing that will get their attention, is when we have another very bad economic downturn. They they will understand the value of hardwork.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#14 May 6, 2013
Citizen must not get away from here much. It is much worse almost every city I go to. Some stores and gas stations I have to sit in my car and study the scene before I exit my car for safty sake. I am always glad to be back home. I feel very safe here. Go to Houston or Memphis or L.A. It's the teen saggers that will kill you. Many stores don't even bother to call the cops if they get robbed. I will nver complain about Acadiana.
News

Abbeville, LA

#15 May 7, 2013
Have any of you watch the news lately? Lafayette, New Iberia, so much worse than here and I heard they don't report everything that goes on. It's not law enforcements job to babysit these little thugs. If they got off their azzes and got jobs they wouldn't be dealing in drugs. They learn by what they are taught. Then when something happens, OH NO I didn't see a thing! I don't know anything, BS!
Flinstone

Ponchatoula, LA

#16 May 7, 2013
There is no reason now for a citizen not to report a crime. We have a chief and a sheriff who listens and will take the necessary action
derF

Lafayette, LA

#18 May 7, 2013
what a brown noser
OneHundrethMonke y

New Orleans, LA

#20 May 7, 2013
Ahhh the youthz. Know this and know it hard! When faced by a very pi$$ed off bull elephant adult male hell bent on a thorough a$$ whipping of said youth, the youth will find his place and find it very quickly. Most of you adults have forgotten how to be the unequivocal, unquestionable boss of your own herd. You hamstring the male leaders in your immediate lives by making them bow down to child abuse laws and political correctness, thus castrating them in the process. How can you expect to be a solid role model authority out on the streets to these juvenille delinquents if you can't even live or allow the authority of a FATHER to be played in your own homes.

You can all blame this on the "missing" FATHER figure, both in the Ghetto and out.
derF

Lafayette, LA

#21 May 7, 2013
good point
Mitchell

Oklahoma City, OK

#22 May 7, 2013
OneHundrethMonkey wrote:
Ahhh the youthz. Know this and know it hard! When faced by a very pi$$ed off bull elephant adult male hell bent on a thorough a$$ whipping of said youth, the youth will find his place and find it very quickly. Most of you adults have forgotten how to be the unequivocal, unquestionable boss of your own herd. You hamstring the male leaders in your immediate lives by making them bow down to child abuse laws and political correctness, thus castrating them in the process. How can you expect to be a solid role model authority out on the streets to these juvenille delinquents if you can't even live or allow the authority of a FATHER to be played in your own homes.
You can all blame this on the "missing" FATHER figure, both in the Ghetto and out.
Das some word dere brotha.

A great analysis of that situation can be found in the dissertation of Elliot Liebow. A sociological masterpiece of tried and true research that has seemingly expanded in this day and age.
I still have the original printing.
The book is called:
" Tally's Corner".

It explains many things in realm of micro-sociology.
If you read it you will understand it is not entirely "the man's" fault".
Although many could step up to the plate, the sociology-economic aspect of marriage discourages it but more importantly there is some "prestige" involved with having more than one "baby daddy".

In the past these women always cooperated, shared and provided for the extended community. Usually, because they had to.
No matter how you look at it, no matter how many kids you have, being a daddy will never make you a father.
... And fathers are desperatly needed these days....
Whether your the "daddy" or not!

Mitchell

Oklahoma City, OK

#23 May 7, 2013
Auto correct got me. Lol.
" socio- economic"
Mitchell

Oklahoma City, OK

#24 May 7, 2013
Watchin'

Abbeville, LA

#25 May 24, 2013
taught them by example wrote:
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.(John 8:7-11 KJV)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Who will be Vermilion's next Sheriff? (Mar '10) 21 min Judgement Day 1,896
Debate: Gay Marriage - Kaplan, LA 1 hr Mirror Mirror 55
Trump 2016 Jul 3 CSA 11
Troy Noel Jul 1 Pilaf Jones 3
Poll Should Judge David Blanchet be removed from court (Jul '09) Jul 1 FIGHTINGFORGREATDADS 649
Vermilion Rabies and Animal Control Jun 29 feedback 2
Poll Who will be vermilions next sheriff? Jun 27 Nick 41
More from around the web

Abbeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages