Man Murdered While He Slept

Man Murdered While He Slept

There are 315 comments on the KATC-TV Lafayette story from Jan 28, 2009, titled Man Murdered While He Slept. In it, KATC-TV Lafayette reports that:

A Vermilion parish man is found shot to death in his bed. 60-year old Milton Decuir's death has been ruled a homicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KATC-TV Lafayette.

man slaughter

Scott, LA

#251 Jan 11, 2010
abused wrote:
<quoted text>so you saying its ok for ANYONE to kill there abuser no matter what.
Premeditated VS manslaughter
Manslaughter in Louisiana is a homicide that would normally be considered first- or second-degree murder, but which was committed in such a sudden passion that a normal person would be deprived of their regular faculties. A homicide is only manslaughter rather than murder if it was committed immediately following provocation. If the jury believes that enough time had passed that your "blood had actually cooled", you will be charged with murder instead.

If convicted of manslaughter in Louisiana, you will be sentenced to a maximum of 40 years in prison. However, if the victim of the manslaughter was under 10 years old and died as a result of battery, the sentencing scale differs. In this case, you will be sentenced to a minimum of 10 years, with a maximum of 50. Unlike a regular manslaughter sentence, with this second type of manslaughter you have no chance of shortening your prison term through parole or suspension.
What a Joke

Erath, LA

#252 Jan 11, 2010
You plan to kill someone AND drive 4 hours - shoot THEM while they sleep 7 times and drive back to TEXAS....

IF THAT WAS NOT PREMEDITATED, WHAT IS?? Can anyone tell me what is the definition of "premeditated" and its sentence?

How sick and we can't figure out what this world is coming to.... Look at our JUDICIAL system IT SUCKS!!!

I would have to say the assailant does or did too.... that is "blow" the right person(s).

We have one Barbara Souza who killed her husband in self defense. She has been in jail / no bond reduction like Denna got / and no plea bargin to manslaughter NOTHING. I guess she don't know the right people or blow the right horns!!
VP Justice

Scott, LA

#253 Jan 11, 2010
What a Joke wrote:
You plan to kill someone AND drive 4 hours - shoot THEM while they sleep 7 times and drive back to TEXAS....
IF THAT WAS NOT PREMEDITATED, WHAT IS?? Can anyone tell me what is the definition of "premeditated" and its sentence?
How sick and we can't figure out what this world is coming to.... Look at our JUDICIAL system IT SUCKS!!!
I would have to say the assailant does or did too.... that is "blow" the right person(s).
We have one Barbara Souza who killed her husband in self defense. She has been in jail / no bond reduction like Denna got / and no plea bargin to manslaughter NOTHING. I guess she don't know the right people or blow the right horns!!
A Vermilion Parish woman learned her fate for the alleged killing of her ex husband.
Today, 45-year-old Denna Decuir plead guilty to a manslaughter for the January of 2009 killing of 60 year Milton Decuir.
Decuir was originally on trial for second degree murder but the charges were downgraded to manslaughter. Tonight she remains free on bond until her sentencing date.
My Opinion

Lenoir City, TN

#254 Jan 11, 2010
And hopefully she won't spend a day in jail!
unbelievable

Gueydan, LA

#255 Jan 12, 2010
what i dont understand is one daughter can get on tv and say these thing but forgets to say what she told her mom before she made the drive have you heard of saying every dog has day and she will

Since: Jan 09

Louisiana

#256 Jan 12, 2010
Lets hope she has her day!!! BUT WATCH OUT A MURDERER IS ON THE LOOSE!!! LITERALLY
My Opinion

Lenoir City, TN

#257 Jan 12, 2010
My2CentsIn wrote:
Lets hope she has her day!!! BUT WATCH OUT A MURDERER IS ON THE LOOSE!!! LITERALLY
Oh please Denna is not a murderer any more than you are. Like "Unbelievable" said.....every dog has their day.....and i personally am ready to see that day get here. You do what you have to to protect your children - but when your child behaves the way she has been and does the vicious things she is doing - you cut them loose and let them take the wrap for their own mistakes....no matter how much it hurts!

Louisiana

#258 Jan 12, 2010
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please Denna is not a murderer any more than you are. Like "Unbelievable" said.....every dog has their day.....and i personally am ready to see that day get here. You do what you have to to protect your children - but when your child behaves the way she has been and does the vicious things she is doing - you cut them loose and let them take the wrap for their own mistakes....no matter how much it hurts!
She has admitted to killing him!!! What do u call that? Protecting her children HA HA!! Her children are grown. Had she left him when her kids were young she would not have to be turning them loose and letting them take the wrap..... as u say

Louisiana

#259 Jan 12, 2010
By the way it seems from the News broadcast that Sheena was totally devastated.
My Opinion

Lenoir City, TN

#260 Jan 12, 2010
My2CentsIn wrote:
<quoted text>
She has admitted to killing him!!! What do u call that? Protecting her children HA HA!! Her children are grown. Had she left him when her kids were young she would not have to be turning them loose and letting them take the wrap..... as u say
Sheena wouldn't know devastation if it slapped her in her face - HA! And your statement above makes absolutely NO sense! Yes she admitted to murder - to protect the one who did it.....when all along she should have left her to face the consequences of what SHE did!

Louisiana

#261 Jan 12, 2010
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheena wouldn't know devastation if it slapped her in her face - HA! And your statement above makes absolutely NO sense! Yes she admitted to murder - to protect the one who did it.....when all along she should have left her to face the consequences of what SHE did!
so now u are saying Sheena did it!! You are sick.
My Opinion

Lenoir City, TN

#262 Jan 12, 2010
My2CentsIn wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't name any names.....sounds like you think Sheena did it........who's sick now......lmao!!!!
2 more cents

Houston, TX

#263 Jan 12, 2010
My2CentsIn wrote:
<quoted text>
i think sheena did it she did some real awful things..were there drugs in the house when he was found ???
Beyond Belief

Scott, LA

#264 Jan 13, 2010
My Opinion wrote:
And hopefully she won't spend a day in jail!
IMO-She should have never spent a day away from jail! Why special treatment for a MURDERER??

Manslaughter!!!!What a freaking JOKE.

Her assets should have been seized and SOLD at auction.The motive behind this murder is GREED!

She has cost us tax payers too much already.

Louisiana

#265 Jan 13, 2010
Beyond Belief wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO-She should have never spent a day away from jail! Why special treatment for a MURDERER??
Manslaughter!!!!What a freaking JOKE.
Her assets should have been seized and SOLD at auction.The motive behind this murder is GREED!
She has cost us tax payers too much already.
Boy but "Beyond Belief" YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD..... That is the reason she cancelled her divorce proceedings in 2006 because she wanted to give him nothing and keep everything.... GREEDY

Check the records that is not all she was greedy to.... family assets too..... EVERYTHING SHOULD BE SEIZED AND SOLD AS SHERIFFS SALE TO HELP DEFRAY COSTS OF THE INVESTIGATION AND COURT PRECEEDINGS.

We have one Barbara Souza who did kill her husband in a heat of passion which is manslaughter BUT SHE IS CHARGED WITH MURDER AND NO BOND REDUCTION..... POOR BARBARA I GUESS SHE DON'T KNOW THE RIGHT FOLKS.

Someone should contact Chuck Huebener and protest this.... The Decuir family should protest in front of the Courthouse....
My Opinion

Lenoir City, TN

#266 Jan 13, 2010
My2CentsIn wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy but "Beyond Belief" YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD..... That is the reason she cancelled her divorce proceedings in 2006 because she wanted to give him nothing and keep everything.... GREEDY
Check the records that is not all she was greedy to.... family assets too..... EVERYTHING SHOULD BE SEIZED AND SOLD AS SHERIFFS SALE TO HELP DEFRAY COSTS OF THE INVESTIGATION AND COURT PRECEEDINGS.
We have one Barbara Souza who did kill her husband in a heat of passion which is manslaughter BUT SHE IS CHARGED WITH MURDER AND NO BOND REDUCTION..... POOR BARBARA I GUESS SHE DON'T KNOW THE RIGHT FOLKS.
Someone should contact Chuck Huebener and protest this.... The Decuir family should protest in front of the Courthouse....
lmao!!!! ya'll are too funny - guess poor Barbara is not a murderer huh!!! Still lmao!
Think About

Lafayette, LA

#267 Jan 13, 2010
Just another subjuet to argue about on topix

Louisiana

#268 Jan 13, 2010
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
lmao!!!! ya'll are too funny - guess poor Barbara is not a murderer huh!!! Still lmao!
You are sick with your LMAO! barbara did hers in self defense.... what's Dennas excuse.... to protect her kids that are grown ha
My Opinion

Lenoir City, TN

#269 Jan 13, 2010
My2CentsIn wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sick with your LMAO! barbara did hers in self defense.... what's Dennas excuse.... to protect her kids that are grown ha
still lmao........poor Barbara right........killing is murdering.....no matter how you look at it. So right back atcha HA! Never said she did it to protect her children!!!!
Short Memory

Erath, LA

#270 Jan 13, 2010
MY OP - Please look @ Post #258 and you never said she did it to protect her children..... Where is your memory or do u just sit on topix and throw stupid punches. Read prior to posting PLEASE!! Now I am LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
todays paper: sara the crap starter. 2 hr whatever 7
New sheriff lll 2 hr Joey 4
Poll Should Judge David Blanchet be removed from court (Jul '09) Aug 19 Fair square 688
News Duson officer injured; driver and vehicle sought Aug 17 Joes Smith Public 1
Sarah Duplechien Aug 16 ByeSara 5
Poll Next Abbeville Chief of Police (Oct '15) Aug 10 facts 111
John Pomier Aug 5 Speak the truth 3

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages