O B L
Dawn Marcelle

Everett, WA

#4 May 6, 2011
Darlene wrote:
I was reading katc/facebook post about
remains found in chimney of Bank of Abbeville,
has anyone seen or hear anything more?
Only what I read in Meridional, but you know how accurate those guys are, eh?

Article says that David Hardy is working the case, the remains were found on the second floor and sent to a crime lab in New Iberia to be identified. Article also says they don't know how long the person was "STUCK" in the chimney.

Sounds like they think it may have been a bank heist gone awry.

http://vermiliontoday.com/view/full_story/131...
WAN WAN

United States

#5 May 6, 2011
Dawn, you have absolutely no idea what is going on. You must be on the inside to make a comment like that.
stay away

Kaplan, LA

#6 May 6, 2011
dawn leave us alone in abbeville. you have no clue
Dawn Marcelle

Everett, WA

#8 May 6, 2011
OK

I quoted the article in the Meridiional and said their reports aren't always so accurate.

The Bank of Abbeville was the official corporate bank for Rodi Power Systems and also constructed the bloated boat loan for MrsCuldesac.

Maybe the guy who got stuffed into the chimney was planted there in 2001 because he knew too much.

Does that make sense to you?
Happy now?
Who knows

Lafayette, LA

#9 May 6, 2011
Dawn Marcelle wrote:
OK
I quoted the article in the Meridiional and said their reports aren't always so accurate.
The Bank of Abbeville was the official corporate bank for Rodi Power Systems and also constructed the bloated boat loan for MrsCuldesac.
Maybe the guy who got stuffed into the chimney was planted there in 2001 because he knew too much.
Happy now?
Didn't you say one of those Rodi guys went a miss and was never heard from or seen again?
Ohh-Creepy!!
What say you Dawn?
boatlander

Abbeville, LA

#10 May 6, 2011
I'm making a bet that the remains have been there for over ten years. Bottom floor chimney was sealed up a long time ago. So the odor would never have reached the bottom floor.
YAMA

Abbeville, LA

#11 May 6, 2011
Dawn Marcelle wrote:
OK
Happy now?
It was not Bank of Abbeville. It was Gulf Coast Bank.
An interesting PS to Gulf Coast Bank.
A loan officer dressed in a blouse that said Gulf Coast Bank sees a very good GCB customer minding his own business loading his groceries in his car eight days ago at Robies.
The loan officer being observant notes the customer has a Linda Hardee shirt on.
The loan officer asks the customer if he is supporting Linda Hardee. The customer says yes. The loan officer then says if you are supporting Linda Hardee I will be voting for the other candidate. The loan officer then takes off rapidly in her SUV.
Red

AOL

#12 May 6, 2011
YAMA wrote:
<quoted text>It was not Bank of Abbeville. It was Gulf Coast Bank.
A loan officer dressed in a blouse that said Gulf Coast Bank sees a very good GCB customer minding his own business loading his groceries in his car eight days ago at Robies.
The loan officer being observant notes the customer has a Linda Hardee shirt on.
The loan officer asks the customer if he is supporting Linda Hardee. The customer says yes. The loan officer then says if you are supporting Linda Hardee I will be voting for the other candidate. The loan officer then takes off rapidly in her SUV.
So what are we suppose to do? No more business with GCB? I would like to hear the other side.
still will vote for Linda

Kaplan, LA

#13 May 7, 2011
YAMA wrote:
<quoted text>It was not Bank of Abbeville. It was Gulf Coast Bank.
The loan officer asks the customer if he is supporting Linda Hardee. The customer says yes. The loan officer then says if you are supporting Linda Hardee I will be voting for the other candidate. The loan officer then tak
es off rapidly in her SUV.
I bet the guy trying to rob the bank, stuck in the chimney wishes he banked there - he would have known the chimney was abandoned. For his sake I hope it was a quick death - if not he was miserable for a while......... another dumb criminal!
WAN WAN

United States

#14 May 7, 2011
still will vote for Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet the guy trying to rob the bank, stuck in the chimney wishes he banked there - he would have known the chimney was abandoned. For his sake I hope it was a quick death - if not he was miserable for a while......... another dumb criminal!
Must be related to Dawn Marcelle. HA
Riverwalk

Abbeville, LA

#15 May 7, 2011
<quoted text>
I think he had to be there for over 20 years.
DevilMadeMeDoIt

Houston, TX

#16 May 8, 2011
<quoted text>
Anybody seen Chris LaBauve lately?
yes

Abbeville, LA

#17 May 8, 2011
DevilMadeMeDoIt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody seen Chris LaBauve lately?
yes and the loan officer is JM.
pbroussard

Abbeville, LA

#18 May 8, 2011
This is a big story. Fascinating at the least. Morbidly amusing. And the meridional puts a two paragraph story on it. You know, they could have told us "what was he wearing" " Did he have a sack of money clutched in his boney hands?" "Which was was he facing, head up head down" was the chimney sealed at the bottom, Did the chimney go up out the roof?
duck

Abbeville, LA

#19 May 9, 2011
pbroussard wrote:
This is a big story. Fascinating at the least. Morbidly amusing. And the meridional puts a two paragraph story on it. You know, they could have told us "what was he wearing" " Did he have a sack of money clutched in his boney hands?" "Which was was he facing, head up head down" was the chimney sealed at the bottom, Did the chimney go up out the roof?
Sorry PB, Rosa isn't that entergetic!!!
bank person

Abbeville, LA

#20 May 9, 2011
police are not saying anything because the Broussard family does not want anything said. They are private people. So in defense of Rosa, it is not him it is the Broussard family who are not giving out information.
Thats just crazy

United States

#21 May 9, 2011
duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry PB, Rosa isn't that entergetic!!!
Unless he is talking about his short sleeve pants and brown socks

Since: Apr 11

Abbeville, LA

#22 May 9, 2011
Thats just crazy wrote:
<quoted text>Unless he is talking about his short sleeve pants and brown socks
Lol...think he'd come up with something better than that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court of Public Opinion part 2 9 hr Thank God For Todd 48
any one know Crystal Broussard Thu Big dowg 1
Bobby Jindal The Response Wed Mysterymix 3
Lil Ronnie Wed GOTCHYA 22
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Dec 24 GOTCHYA 2
2015 Sheriffs Race (Jan '14) Dec 23 Thank God For Todd 790
Anthony Fontana sends mean letter to Simone Cha... (Jun '11) Dec 20 Mysterymix 18

Flood Watch for Vermilion Parish was issued at December 27 at 4:59AM CST

Abbeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Abbeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Abbeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Abbeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:04 am PST