Next Last
t beck do

Sulphur, LA

#1 Sep 25, 2010
was there an accident around abbeville or maurice yesterday w/ a fatality
tifi

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 25, 2010
I hear vague news on the tube that there was. Now, naturally, being the media they mention something of more details at 6 pm and that came and went and still no news of what happened, when or where
summer

United States

#3 Sep 25, 2010
yes - accident on hwy 696 - no survivors
superwoman

Kaplan, LA

#4 Sep 25, 2010
The website vermiliontoday.com says that the girl survived. Don't know if that's true. They do show a picture of the vehicle. It was bad. Prayers for the families go out to them.
Selina

United States

#5 Sep 25, 2010
The young man, Shawn Touchard, was 19 years old, and was from Delcambre. The young girl, named Rachelle Hollier,supposedly died during the night or this morning. I'm not certain. It's so sad for all of their loved ones. I taught Shawn in fourth grade. He was a good kid, very intelligent and sweet. My prayers and thoughts are with their family and loved ones. RIP, Shawn....
tifi

Dallas, TX

#6 Sep 25, 2010
The intersection of Hwy 696 and Hwy 167 is very dangerous. Many accidents. Perhaps it is that the person on 696 cannot judge the distance of cars coming due to some kind of obstruction or the deal that once cars leave the town of Maurice and the 40 mph speed limit they just take off. Perhaps also the speed limit on 167 should maybe be reduced. I just think the LDOT should take a look at that. Ooh no, another survey lasting for years on end and many more people dieing. My thoughts and prayers to the families of the victim or victims.
speeders

Abbeville, LA

#7 Sep 25, 2010
tifi wrote:
The intersection of Hwy 696 and Hwy 167 is very dangerous. Many accidents. Perhaps it is that the person on 696 cannot judge the distance of cars coming due to some kind of obstruction or the deal that once cars leave the town of Maurice and the 40 mph speed limit they just take off. Perhaps also the speed limit on 167 should maybe be reduced. I just think the LDOT should take a look at that. Ooh no, another survey lasting for years on end and many more people dieing. My thoughts and prayers to the families of the victim or victims.
Most drive 80 on that stretch of road. With good radar detectors the cops usually don't catch them.
This was a single car accident caused by the driver speeding. not on 167.
Speed limits will be temporarily lowered once the repairs are started on the road.
splitpea

Lafayette, LA

#8 Sep 25, 2010
The unofficial word from a good source, is that the girl has died.
woody

AOL

#9 Sep 25, 2010
no words can replace the loss of a parents child ,my prayers to the families involved.after seeing the car a agree speed kills.
tifi

Dallas, TX

#10 Sep 25, 2010
The person with all the judging with mean racy incindiary and nuts and spam judgments you need to stop and think. One day this could be your relative as in the case that I just found out from my mother that the young lady involved in this accident is her first cousin's grandaughter, Point is you never know who you are judging and it could be about someone you know. You need God. Hopefully, the topix people will deal with the comments and judgments as I have sent about 10 reports to them just this past week.
Heartless

Rayne, LA

#11 Sep 26, 2010
tifi wrote:
The person with all the judging with mean racy incindiary and nuts and spam judgments you need to stop and think. One day this could be your relative as in the case that I just found out from my mother that the young lady involved in this accident is her first cousin's grandaughter, Point is you never know who you are judging and it could be about someone you know. You need God. Hopefully, the topix people will deal with the comments and judgments as I have sent about 10 reports to them just this past week.
I bet you that in one guess you know who judges you that way. No heart and can care less.
south of abbeville

Lafayette, LA

#12 Sep 26, 2010
tifi wrote:
Sure it is a dangerous intersection. But so is any intersection that people choose not to obey the stop sign or the traffic light.
Maybe they need to do like the ports do when a big ship comes into port. They have to hire a special captain to steer the ship in, so maybe tifi you could petition the state to start hiring drivers for every intersection in the state.
tifi

Dallas, TX

#13 Sep 26, 2010
splitpea wrote:
The unofficial word from a good source, is that the girl has died.
Yes, she has died. she was an organ donor. Now that takes a special young person to do this and understand the process. The funeral home will open for her wake at 2pm tomorrow at Vincent's.

Now, whoever you are that would like to make fun of this you just go right ahead. Regardless how you judge me right or wrong I will not be a party to that.
tifi

Dallas, TX

#14 Sep 26, 2010
That is not meant for you splitpea. It's meant for southofabbeville and TT and whoever else would like to make a mean vicious comment about someone young dieing in a carcrash. God sees what you type and what you feel in your heart.
tifi

Dallas, TX

#15 Sep 26, 2010
Heartless wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you that in one guess you know who judges you that way. No heart and can care less.
Believe me I have been paying attention. Maybe I deserved some criticism, but it's been taken too damned far. That's why I will bombard the topix big dogs every day all day long if I have to. I would like to see this topix board change to something constructive and less vicious and meaningless. I have searched many of topix boards from many cities and Abbeville's is the worst by far.
Good grief

Abbeville, LA

#16 Sep 26, 2010
Heartless wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see how some would judge this way. First it starts as a genuine concern for someone who died. Then it evolves into the deceased speeding, drunk, on drugs, and all the other horrible things said. Let the deceased rest in peace without attacking him his family or others. The family is having a hard enough time besides reading about it right here.
Urmoma

Kaplan, LA

#17 Sep 26, 2010
"Good grief" totally understand what you wrote.... Me an Fred praying for both families, never ever easy losing a child, no matter under what circumstance.
I believe the thread went off track when someone clearly miss interpreted other peoples post of sympathy. So before that someone starts ranting they should reread the previous post.
meme

Venus, PA

#18 Sep 27, 2010
Urmoma wrote:
"Good grief" totally understand what you wrote.... Me an Fred praying for both families, never ever easy losing a child, no matter under what circumstance.
I believe the thread went off track when someone clearly miss interpreted other peoples post of sympathy. So before that someone starts ranting they should reread the previous post.
Thanks Urmoma. Notice that happens a lot on here.
LemonJello

Lafayette, LA

#19 Sep 27, 2010
I have a question that someone out there will know the answer. This young man on the arrest report of the VPSO http://vermilionsheriff.net :8888/html/index2.php?nav=reco rd&recent_booking=Y&id =952201
Is he tied to this deadly crash? Rumor has it, that someone else helped cause this crash.
LemonJello

Lafayette, LA

#20 Sep 27, 2010
His Name is Travis Pedigo, and his charge is
Following vehicles and Hit and Run.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vermillion parish schools 13 hr huh 5
why does the sheriff keep deleting my thread 14 hr Frith 74
Best psychic in duson (Aug '11) Aug 20 Lil menard 18
cloud seeding with all the flooding?? Aug 19 Pilot 2
Hwy 14 bridge (Jul '15) Aug 19 Kylie 11
Directors after Directors Aug 18 Knucklehead 6
Trash and Garbage Pickup Complaint (Oct '08) Aug 18 Brenda Migues 225

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance