Stone Bridge Apartments Rodeo Rd

Stone Bridge Apartments Rodeo Rd

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Real Estate

Abbeville, LA

#1 Oct 10, 2008
Wonder where the 3,000 people will go?
LANE MANAGEMENT, LLC, out of Atlanta, GA, is a private real estate firm. They are the ones that are building Stone Bridge Apartments, 2790 Rodeo Road. A person who “qualifies” for an apartment in Abbeville will pay a rent of about $300 a month for a $1,000 a month apartment.
LANE MANAGEMENT, LLC will also build another apartment complex in Maurice city limits. Right now no one can build a house in Maurice until the sewage system is brought up to par. Maurice’s fire department does not have the right equipment for such a place.
LANE MANAGEMENT, LLC makes all this sound good. They are providing this for the “firefighters, teachers, clerical workers and law enforcement officers” to sell this to the residents of Maurice. Well, Maurice, it is too late, you will have a new apartment complex in the city limits. Just make sure you have enough police, classrooms, and room for more sewage. The apartments in Maurice will be ready in 2009. The sewage according to the mayor will take 2 years. There may be some kind of stink there, but I do not think it is coming from the sewage!
Investigator

Crowley, LA

#2 Oct 11, 2008
I dont know any firefighters, teachers, clerical workers, and law enforcement officers who are crazy enough to pay for Sonebridge.

1 bedroom is approx 625/mo
2 bedroom is approx 775/mo
3 bedroom is approx 900/mo

WOW.

Outrageous pricing in Vermilion Parish. At those prices I expect 90% to be subsidized with government assistance.
Real Estate

Abbeville, LA

#3 Oct 11, 2008
Investigator wrote:
I dont know any firefighters, teachers, clerical workers, and law enforcement officers who are crazy enough to pay for Sonebridge.
1 bedroom is approx 625/mo
2 bedroom is approx 775/mo
3 bedroom is approx 900/mo
WOW.
Outrageous pricing in Vermilion Parish. At those prices I expect 90% to be subsidized with government assistance.
You left out 4 bedroom over $1,000
Investigator

Crowley, LA

#4 Oct 11, 2008
Dayum, just dayum.

Our tax dollars are largely paying (Go Zone) for construction of this project and out tax dollars (HUD) will pay the rent for the majority of inhabitants.
Typical government albatross right here in little ole abbeville.
Real Estate

Abbeville, LA

#5 Oct 11, 2008
wonder why the government is broke? Let me guess.......
Johnny Paycheck

Rayne, LA

#6 Oct 12, 2008
Investigator wrote:
I dont know any firefighters, teachers, clerical workers, and law enforcement officers who are crazy enough to pay for Sonebridge.

1 bedroom is approx 625/mo
2 bedroom is approx 775/mo
3 bedroom is approx 900/mo
WOW.

Outrageous pricing in Vermilion Parish. At those prices I expect 90% to be subsidized with government assistance.
Not when you think that after Rita construction costs gone up a lot. Now you gotta build to code, insurance more expensive and construction materials costs alot more. Them go up, rent gotta go up.
candid

Crowley, LA

#7 Oct 20, 2008
I think that is great I know alot of sub standard home in Vermilion Parish that are being rented at that price, not even worth it. Houses with space heaters, no air conditioners, no appliances and landlords are asking $600 and up, please this is not 1960's people need to live better. As far as government assistance some of you probably are getting it!!!!!!!!!! lol.
candid2

Lafayette, LA

#8 Oct 28, 2008
I'm one of those people who is willing to pay $775/mo for a new 2 bedroom apartment with great amenities. I'm a grad student from out-of-state and was amazed at the crazy rents for substandard apartments in Lafayette. I was expecting my rent payments to be a lot less than what I paid in Pennsylvania - wrong! Stonebridge is a bargain in comparison to Lafayette and worth the short commute imo. I do think there is a problem when rents are so high in comparison to the standard of living. I've been told that Katrina has a lot to do with the outrageous rents being demanded in the area...demand exceeds supply, so landlords can ask what they want.
MrsCuldesac

United States

#9 Oct 31, 2008
O.K, Very nice apartments but already looking kind of trashy, I went to visit and cans of energy drinks, cigarette butts, I know they are still under construction but the Bldgs. that have tenants need to taken care of in the area in front of the Bldgs. nasty looking.The stair cases need to be cleaned,before it starts getting out of hand,Ms. Betsy get those grounds keepers cleaning at least for the Bldgs. that are occupied.
Thank You, MrsCuldesac
wow

Baton Rouge, LA

#10 Oct 31, 2008
MrsCuldesac wrote:
O.K, Very nice apartments but already looking kind of trashy, I went to visit and cans of energy drinks, cigarette butts, I know they are still under construction but the Bldgs. that have tenants need to taken care of in the area in front of the Bldgs. nasty looking.The stair cases need to be cleaned,before it starts getting out of hand,Ms. Betsy get those grounds keepers cleaning at least for the Bldgs. that are occupied.
Thank You, MrsCuldesac
I have seen it too. wont be to much longer and the scum and villainy will have taken it completely over giving birth to more ppl complaining about the police harassing them.
KASH

Milton, LA

#11 Oct 31, 2008
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen it too. wont be to much longer and the scum and villainy will have taken it completely over giving birth to more ppl complaining about the police harassing them.
Drank any Coronas lately?
wow

Baton Rouge, LA

#12 Oct 31, 2008
KASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Drank any Coronas lately?
nope. havent had a drink in six years proud to say. how about you.
KASH

Milton, LA

#13 Oct 31, 2008
Highly intoxicated from homecoming parties
wow

Baton Rouge, LA

#14 Oct 31, 2008
cool. what class
nut case

AOL

#16 Nov 22, 2008
i have a question.... If apartment rent is according to your income, is that considered section 8 housing? thank you
Sonia

Milton, LA

#17 Nov 22, 2008
nut case wrote:
i have a question.... If apartment rent is according to your income, is that considered section 8 housing? thank you
If section 8 subsidizes your rent then you are on section 8 and the house you rent is considered section 8 housing.
MrsCuldesac

Youngsville, LA

#18 Nov 22, 2008
They need to clean the stairwells, and put mulch in the beds, its starting to look nasty. Very dirty stairwells. The manager needs to get those grounds keepers out and clean for the tenants who have moved in. You get dusty everytime you go up the stairs. I think they are too expensive, pass through and see for yourself how it looks, alot of trash could be picked up, and use blowers I know they are still being constructed but you can clean as you go.If they remain to look like this they need to lower the rent!
TRUTH

Milton, LA

#19 Nov 22, 2008
MrsCuldesac wrote:
They need to clean the stairwells, and put mulch in the beds, its starting to look nasty. Very dirty stairwells. The manager needs to get those grounds keepers out and clean for the tenants who have moved in. You get dusty everytime you go up the stairs. I think they are too expensive, pass through and see for yourself how it looks, alot of trash could be picked up, and use blowers I know they are still being constructed but you can clean as you go.If they remain to look like this they need to lower the rent!
It is starting to look like the other rental properties in town. Most people don't take care of their own properties much less someone else's property.
JESUS IS COMING

Patterson, LA

#20 Nov 22, 2008
MrsCuldesac wrote:
They need to clean the stairwells, and put mulch in the beds, its starting to look nasty. Very dirty stairwells. The manager needs to get those grounds keepers out and clean for the tenants who have moved in. You get dusty everytime you go up the stairs. I think they are too expensive, pass through and see for yourself how it looks, alot of trash could be picked up, and use blowers I know they are still being constructed but you can clean as you go.If they remain to look like this they need to lower the rent!
Why don t you get over there and handled that for them folks, do Todd own that to? Lady you need a life, and sum oil for your jaw for when it flasp to much
ANTS GOTS NO MONEY

Patterson, LA

#21 Nov 22, 2008
YOU CRAZY? Who gots monie for that kind of rent? I am stuck with todd and his free rodents? Yep, nothin like a coon eatin coon!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Your sheriff 11 hr Jury 82
News Acadia Parish Sheriff Captures Escaped Prisoner (Oct '07) Sep 10 Lakesha 2
KAPLAN CHAMBER of COMMERCE Sep 7 Chamber disgusted 1
todays paper: sara the crap starter. Sep 7 ByeSara 9
Best psychic in duson (Aug '11) Sep 2 Empathic Bitch 25
looking for a real Voodoo witch (May '11) Aug 30 Derinda Gooden 112
Poll Should Monster/Redbull have an age limit for ch... (Dec '11) Aug 25 Wings 44

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages