Elderly woman found dead in Abbeville with stab wounds

Apr 27, 2012 Full story: The Daily Advertiser 440

Abbeville Police are investigating the death of an elderly woman who was found dead Thursday afternoon with stab wounds on her body.

Read more
First Prev
of 22
Next Last
friend

Lafayette, LA

#1 Apr 27, 2012
what evil person could do this. she was such a sweet lady, nice to everyone she saw.once found he should get the same treatment.
well

Abbeville, LA

#2 Apr 27, 2012
Could be a woman or man.
no way

United States

#3 Apr 27, 2012
This is so sad.
watch

Avery Island, LA

#4 Apr 27, 2012
Where was the grandchilds parent(s)? At some nightclub.
tick tock

United States

#5 Apr 27, 2012
No!! His parents were at work you twit. This happened during the day. Besides, what does that have to do with it.
NOTFADEAWAY

United States

#6 Apr 28, 2012
I heard that her throat had been slashed and that it was quite a bloody scene. Still no leads I hear. They are asking the public for help.
I have a theory. Law enforement has done an excellent job of cleaning up the street corner drugest. The down side is many pill heads are geeking like crazy and may start targeting old people for their meds. Drug stores as well need to be on guard. I hope that I am wrong.
Hmmmm

Abbeville, LA

#7 Apr 29, 2012
I bet someone knows something but isn't saying anything. Always protecting the guilty. With all the people walking in the daytime someone knows something. The guilty had to have blood all over them.
from erath

United States

#8 Apr 30, 2012
Hopefully this case is solved and fast. Too many people walking the streets in that area. You cannot make me believe no one saw anything. Many guys hanging on the corners and walking the streets. Someone has knowledge and needs to come forward, it could be your relative next. Put yourself in that family's shoes. Speak up if you know who did it or saw someone running from that house.
My next point is if the people were working there would not be all these senseless crimes. Welfare has ruined this society. When I was younger you never heard of these type crimes, cause men worked, people worked. Now we have a society where you ride through Abbeville at any given time of the day and see so many people walking the streets, hanging on street corners and doing nothing. Go get a job. So again with that many people in that area who do not work and roam the streets all day, you cannot make me believe someone did not see something.
hmmm

Abbeville, LA

#9 Apr 30, 2012
from erath wrote:
Hopefully this case is solved and fast. Too many people walking the streets in that area. You cannot make me believe no one saw anything. Many guys hanging on the corners and walking the streets. Someone has knowledge and needs to come forward, it could be your relative next. Put yourself in that family's shoes. Speak up if you know who did it or saw someone running from that house.
My next point is if the people were working there would not be all these senseless crimes. Welfare has ruined this society. When I was younger you never heard of these type crimes, cause men worked, people worked. Now we have a society where you ride through Abbeville at any given time of the day and see so many people walking the streets, hanging on street corners and doing nothing. Go get a job. So again with that many people in that area who do not work and roam the streets all day, you cannot make me believe someone did not see something.
If you are unfortunate enough to live around there, do you seriously think anyones gonna rat out, they would be next. Its very sad an i am praying for Ms. Rita an her family. STOP THE MADNESS PEOPLE.......!!!
poor soul

Abbeville, LA

#10 May 2, 2012
I surely hope they find the person that committed this horrible murder. While I did not know the victim, she seemed like a very nice lady. may she rest in peace
pbroussard

Abbeville, LA

#11 May 2, 2012
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are unfortunate enough to live around there, do you seriously think anyones gonna rat out, they would be next. Its very sad an i am praying for Ms. Rita an her family. STOP THE MADNESS PEOPLE.......!!!
If someone did see something, they will tell, and they will be protected by an army of citizens. They better hope the police get them before the neighborhood lynch mob gets them.
Dar

Greenville, SC

#12 May 3, 2012
I remember once you could walk the streets of Abbeville at anytime day or night....Sad situation, God bless her soul and bless her family in this their time of mourning.
seventys

Abbeville, LA

#13 May 3, 2012
yea once is right like back in the 70's
mysterymix

Abbeville, LA

#14 May 6, 2012
This is starting to look bad. I can only think of the cop show. If you don't develope a suspect in the first 48 hours, your chances of solving a murder are cut in half."
WWIII

Abbeville, LA

#15 May 7, 2012
Can't believe this hasn't been solved, and no one saw or heard anything? No one came home bloody? no bloody clothes found? You can bet yer ass there's some people know something. This murder needed some good old fashioned police work...pounding the pavement and going to every house within a certain large area asking questions, non-stop, till they got some leads. Anyone think that happened? Or do you think they're sitting around waiting for some "forensics", just like on the TV? They should have brought in some professional help if they couldn't get any fast leads.
yeah

Abbeville, LA

#16 May 7, 2012
WWIII wrote:
Can't believe this hasn't been solved, and no one saw or heard anything? No one came home bloody? no bloody clothes found? You can bet yer ass there's some people know something. This murder needed some good old fashioned police work...pounding the pavement and going to every house within a certain large area asking questions, non-stop, till they got some leads. Anyone think that happened? Or do you think they're sitting around waiting for some "forensics", just like on the TV? They should have brought in some professional help if they couldn't get any fast leads.
If you don't know what they're doing then don't comment. I'm sure they're doing what they can.
WWIII

Abbeville, LA

#17 May 7, 2012
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't know what they're doing then don't comment. I'm sure they're doing what they can.
If you don't know what I'm saying then don't comment. I'm sure that a lot of people in the neighborhood are not being questioned.
yeah

Abbeville, LA

#18 May 8, 2012
WWIII wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know what I'm saying then don't comment. I'm sure that a lot of people in the neighborhood are not being questioned.
I know more than you do and yes doors have been knocked on, they have been working hard on this case. Seems it is you who don't know jack. So Mr wanna b detective why don't you get a job there since you are so much better and can solve anything .
WWIII

Abbeville, LA

#19 May 8, 2012
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I know more than you do and yes doors have been knocked on, they have been working hard on this case. Seems it is you who don't know jack. So Mr wanna b detective why don't you get a job there since you are so much better and can solve anything .
What are you, 12 years old?
yeah

Abbeville, LA

#20 May 8, 2012
WWIII wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you, 12 years old?
Is that all you got?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Who will be Vermilion's next Sheriff? (Mar '10) 13 hr Ty Hebert Jr 1,441
Divorce /Child custody lawyers 17 hr IN THE KNOW 10
psychic? (Mar '09) Mon comeonpeople 27
shane vincent Mar 27 no one special 5
Fontenot Found Guilty Mar 26 Get your Game on 4
Elite Landing trailer park Mar 20 Dry 1
jacoby davis (Mar '13) Mar 19 sky 118
Cox cable will lower your bill if you do what I... (Sep '11) Feb '15 Shay 31
Abbeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Abbeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]