What are you favorite places to drink?

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
beer drinker

Abbeville, LA

#1 Oct 18, 2013
Im new to the area and just trying to get your thoughts on your favorite bars and what each one has to offer.
Mimicked Minds

Abbeville, LA

#2 Oct 18, 2013
Do yourself a favor...stay home!!
HasbeenDonethat

New Orleans, LA

#3 Oct 19, 2013
Judging from the response to this topix it would seem no one really wants to party anymore. I can relate. Good luck to finding your life in the bottom of a beer can. While it used to be the thing to do and kept many people happy enough, it just don't seem to cut it anymore. You'll not find much in the way of good looking holesum peeps in the bars around here.

You shoulda been round here in the 80's. We passed a real good time. Now, we're burnt out.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Oct 19, 2013
Not everyone is burnt out. They just asked where is a cool place to have few! The Bee hive on State st is fun. The bartender is a blast her name is Ashley I think. Cullpeppers is good as well. Then theres the Concord downtown. Just stay away from the strip joints and you will be fine.
erathian

Dallas, TX

#5 Oct 19, 2013
beer drinker wrote:
Im new to the area and just trying to get your thoughts on your favorite bars and what each one has to offer.
Your back yard with a bonfire
Just wondering

Abbeville, LA

#7 Oct 19, 2013
Dupuis has a new bar
Observer

Abbeville, LA

#8 Oct 19, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
Dupuis has a new bar
You're right....that's another great place to check out. It's across the street from St. Mary Magdalene Church (the big church in Abbeville). Great suggestion J. Wondering
Mitchell

United States

#10 Oct 20, 2013
erathian wrote:
<quoted text>
Your back yard with a bonfire
Nice. Just as well roast a pig, too.
Yup!!

Abbeville, LA

#11 Oct 20, 2013
erathian wrote:
<quoted text>Your back yard with a bonfire
I agree

Location hidden

#12 Oct 20, 2013
How was Harvest Festival! I need a full report. Lol
The real Wilma 4

Mansura, LA

#13 Oct 20, 2013
What time does it end today??? Will be passing through on my way home
MR CLEAN

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Oct 20, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
Dupuis has a new bar
Suggest you and the others change gears and replace drinking the devil's vomit with going out and doing volunteer work such as picking up litter or helping out those in need We will provide the bottled water.
really

Enumclaw, WA

#15 Oct 20, 2013
Why you Topix hose playng hard to get with Mitchell?
Can't you see how hard up poor old Mitch is?
Mitchell

United States

#16 Oct 20, 2013
The real Wilma 4 wrote:
What time does it end today??? Will be passing through on my way home
Six pm. Parking will be a problem. Just left there. It's insane. There are more people than Mardi gras.
lol

Tacoma, WA

#17 Oct 20, 2013
Hard up is right!
Waiting for three days on a Topix date while mixing in a mardi gras crowd!!
Mitchell

United States

#18 Oct 20, 2013
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
How was Harvest Festival! I need a full report. Lol
Almost over, thank god.
You would have been very proud of me. I sinned " quite vigorously" over the weekend and will continue to until Tuesday morning.

The fireworks display Friday night was spectacular!! I had the good fortune to have a seat next to the pyrotech who discharged the event. Lasted 17 minutes and the finale absolutely filled the skys. It was incredible and beautiful. I got a little teary eyed. Saturday night the display was shorter and not as spectacular.

Pam Tillis. Well, what can I say. What a voice and a first class act and lady!
The performance was flawless and you couldn't cram another body in the courthouse square standing up. She also looked great. I was impressed. It was more than I expected.

The food vendors did great and there was quite a diverse choice of eats from home fried turkey wings to top name restaurants.
Met many folks from Lafayette and some from Cali but the most interesting person I met was Joe Horn of saints fame. What another class act he and his wife are. They had a food booth where he was promoting and selling his new sauces and joe horn smoked sausage. It's a very good product and is available at wal mart.

Draft beer was readily available in many locations throughout the venue.
A city councilman told me this morning that the single beer booth he worked( my fill up spot) did over four thousand dollars between six and ten last night($3/ 16 oz cup).

It was a huge success with not one incident.
Have to get back to my guest but don't mind taking the time to drop you a line.

Location hidden

#20 Oct 20, 2013
A Holocaust survivor one said "When I do meet God he better fall on his knees and beg for my forgiveness" Just sayin.......

Location hidden

#21 Oct 20, 2013
Mitchell wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost over, thank god.
You would have been very proud of me. I sinned " quite vigorously" over the weekend and will continue to until Tuesday morning.
The fireworks display Friday night was spectacular!! I had the good fortune to have a seat next to the pyrotech who discharged the event. Lasted 17 minutes and the finale absolutely filled the skys. It was incredible and beautiful. I got a little teary eyed. Saturday night the display was shorter and not as spectacular.
Pam Tillis. Well, what can I say. What a voice and a first class act and lady!
The performance was flawless and you couldn't cram another body in the courthouse square standing up. She also looked great. I was impressed. It was more than I expected.
The food vendors did great and there was quite a diverse choice of eats from home fried turkey wings to top name restaurants.
Met many folks from Lafayette and some from Cali but the most interesting person I met was Joe Horn of saints fame. What another class act he and his wife are. They had a food booth where he was promoting and selling his new sauces and joe horn smoked sausage. It's a very good product and is available at wal mart.
Draft beer was readily available in many locations throughout the venue.
A city councilman told me this morning that the single beer booth he worked( my fill up spot) did over four thousand dollars between six and ten last night($3/ 16 oz cup).
It was a huge success with not one incident.
Have to get back to my guest but don't mind taking the time to drop you a line.
Thanks Mitch. I knew Pam would be awesome. Abbeville Cattle Fest. Needs to learn not to skimp on the entertainment. I heard it really sucked this year. Broken down rusty rides crappy music and rain. Better luck next year Mr. Francis. The strange poo doos that come from the marsh are scary!
LoL

Lafayette, LA

#22 Oct 20, 2013
MR CLEAN wrote:
<quoted text>Suggest you and the others change gears and replace drinking the devil's vomit with going out and doing volunteer work such as picking up litter or helping out those in need We will provide the bottled water.
Devils womit? God made oak kegs. God made yeast that eats sugar and produces alcohol. God made the fine wines possible. God made the sand that makes the bottles, that keeps the whiskey enclosed. I don't think God cares for alcoholics, but I don't see God is really down a weekend drinker. As for helping those in need, I don't see too many needy people out there. I see a lot of people with inability to manage their money. I see a lot of people who made a choice to just ride the system as opposed to working for their food and lodging. When you decide to ride the system, you lose the ability to get more in life. I am more than willing to help needy people if the government would quit trumping me. P.S. Save yourself some money, and give me my water out the faucet.
LoL

Lafayette, LA

#23 Oct 20, 2013
GOTCHYA wrote:
<quoted text>Picked up some trash today, showed a lost couple the way and gave a donation. Never drank the devil's vomit but I vomited into his plastic bucket. I still looking for a kidney like the one Bundy got. Please be an organ donor if you drink and drive.
Petition the state to remove the helmet requirement, and there will be a lot more organ donors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hargrave in the wrong 4 hr cmon 7
Fire cop that handcuffed teacher 14 hr Concerned 13
Poll Who is responsible for the Oil Spill? (May '10) Jan 13 Shrimpdog 1,010
News Teacher removed from Vermilion school board mee... Jan 12 Concerned 20
to kneel or not to kneel-how do you feel about ... Jan 11 guest 7
Jackie Arnaud Jan 10 MrAnonymous 1
She left in Handcuff's Jan 10 Concerned 1

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance