Mitchell

United States

#1 Dec 14, 2013
I was disappointed to see Livonia lose in double overtime but congrats to Vermillion Catholic on the state win.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 14, 2013
The Eagles are screaming tonight!!!
Coach

Abbeville, LA

#3 Dec 15, 2013
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
The Eagles are screaming tonight!!!
if public schools would be playing private schools things would be different. VC did not play the second best team in the state only the second best private school. Don't get me started on the schools that recruit athletes from other schools. Why would Abbeville have the best team in the state and the worst team in the state? Think about it.
LMAOOO

Abbeville, LA

#4 Dec 15, 2013
Let's seeeee., you come to my school to play and you pay NO TUITION! CHEATERSSSSS. I call it Losers.
abb worker

Abbeville, LA

#5 Dec 16, 2013
v c is nobody and thay played nobody wast of time and money hoever went to new orleans
legalize it

Broussard, LA

#6 Dec 16, 2013
all sports is a waste of time and energy slay them in the classroom not the dirt
Swoll up

Abbeville, LA

#7 Dec 16, 2013
I bet they all think they're going to the NFL lmaoooooooo
abb worker

Abbeville, LA

#8 Dec 18, 2013
no way babyyyyyyyyy v c is a joke
skinner

Baton Rouge, LA

#9 Dec 18, 2013
Yall should all find out the facts before yall start bashing a school or its kids. I know for a fact that only one kid on the team is or was getting tuition assistance because his mom brought him there 4 yrs ago and she is a single parent who asked and recieved assistance so her son could get a catholic education, and No i am not saying its a better education than at a public school because I know first hand its not. Yes they did not play the best or second best team in 1 A and no St Freds more than likely did not belong there BUT thats the way the LHSAA and alot of pricipals wanted it split up ( don't forget the principals voted for the split ) I can actually say there is not one kid on VC's team that was recruited from another school , all these kids have been playing together since they were freshman and they have great coaches who the kids love and want to play for , now on the other hand AHS has plenty of good atheletes but they don't believe in the coaches or the coaching system and they don't care either, Erath is almost the same thing but you cannot expect a coach to turn a program around in 1 year unless your name is Brent Indest. Bottom line is AHS and EHS could not even make it into the playoffs in a watered down LHSAA playoff system and NVHS , KHS, and VCHS all did . Every team that made the playoffs deserve a pat on the back whether they should have lost out early.or not. Whwn VC won its 1st State Championship in 2003 everyone talked crap back then too , but the bottom line is VCHS has 2 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHYs and no other school in the parish has any , oh and by the way they have 2 State Championship Trophys in Girls Basketball. Please don't be mad at these kids or the school they did what it took to get to the championship game and win and that was play there hearts out and do whatever the coaches asked of them , and by the way get ready they will make a great run at it again nxt yr too.

Bottom line is AHS couldn't
Wilma4

Abbeville, LA

#10 Dec 19, 2013
skinner wrote:
Yall should all find out the facts before yall start bashing a school or its kids. I know for a fact that only one kid on the team is or was getting tuition assistance because his mom brought him there 4 yrs ago and she is a single parent who asked and recieved assistance so her son could get a catholic education, and No i am not saying its a better education than at a public school because I know first hand its not. Yes they did not play the best or second best team in 1 A and no St Freds more than likely did not belong there BUT thats the way the LHSAA and alot of pricipals wanted it split up ( don't forget the principals voted for the split ) I can actually say there is not one kid on VC's team that was recruited from another school , all these kids have been playing together since they were freshman and they have great coaches who the kids love and want to play for , now on the other hand AHS has plenty of good atheletes but they don't believe in the coaches or the coaching system and they don't care either, Erath is almost the same thing but you cannot expect a coach to turn a program around in 1 year unless your name is Brent Indest. Bottom line is AHS and EHS could not even make it into the playoffs in a watered down LHSAA playoff system and NVHS , KHS, and VCHS all did . Every team that made the playoffs deserve a pat on the back whether they should have lost out early.or not. Whwn VC won its 1st State Championship in 2003 everyone talked crap back then too , but the bottom line is VCHS has 2 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHYs and no other school in the parish has any , oh and by the way they have 2 State Championship Trophys in Girls Basketball. Please don't be mad at these kids or the school they did what it took to get to the championship game and win and that was play there hearts out and do whatever the coaches asked of them , and by the way get ready they will make a great run at it again nxt yr too.
Bottom line is AHS couldn't
Thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!!

Couldn't of said it better myself!!!!
Team work is what it takes.
A good coach, kids that are willing to give their all and parents helping out
duchess

Abbeville, LA

#11 Dec 21, 2013
Skinner, you are the MAN!!! You have figured out the equation and have come up with the correct answer. Thank you
Educator

Abbeville, LA

#12 Dec 21, 2013
duchess wrote:
Skinner, you are the MAN!!! You have figured out the equation and have come up with the correct answer. Thank you
the main thing that he said and is most important is he knows private school's education is inferior to public school education. The quality of the education is the most important reason you send your children to a particular school, not the number of football games they win or can win.
skinner

Baton Rouge, LA

#13 Dec 23, 2013
What I said was that I know first hand that the quality of education at V C is not as good as in the public school system , what I did not say was all private school education is not as good as the public school education,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
everyone loves couvillon 1 hr yay 52
News Louisiana OMV Offers Option to Cancel License P... Sat Duck lives matter 5
New Vermilion County Arrests (Mar '14) Sep 19 Vermilion 5
Gary Johnson for president Sep 16 Truth be told 6
cloud seeding with all the flooding?? Sep 16 Truth be told 11
psychic? (Mar '09) Sep 10 ladymusic 31
Francis Plaisance (Jul '09) Sep 6 Elsie 35
Cox cable will lower your bill if you do what I... (Sep '11) Sep 3 Do it 63

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web