First Prev
of 19
Next Last
DA Race

Abbeville, LA

#1 Mar 26, 2014
Who is going to win? I know little about Stoutes and I do know several in Harsons office have been in trouble. In doubt on who to vote for. Any comments pro and con would be appreciated.
all the way

Abbeville, LA

#2 Mar 26, 2014
I'm for Harson all the way.
Time for a change

Abbeville, LA

#4 Mar 26, 2014
I think I am going to vote for Stutes. People in Harson's office have plead guilty to criminal wrongdoing. With EWE running, we need to clean up our reputation and know that we won't tolerate criminals running our country or justice system
you the one

Abbeville, LA

#5 Mar 26, 2014
Time for a change wrote:
I think I am going to vote for Stutes. People in Harson's office have plead guilty to criminal wrongdoing. With EWE running, we need to clean up our reputation and know that we won't tolerate criminals running our country or justice system
You the one that started this topix.. You will be in the minority. Mike will win this race big, especially in vermilion parish. He has done too much for us to turn our back on him. Go some other place and waist your time.
Get your Game on

Everett, WA

#6 Mar 26, 2014
Time for a change wrote:
It wasn't just "some people" in Harson's office who plead guilty to bribery, it was Barna Haynes. She is a good friend of Harson's and was his office manager for over 30 years until the FBI raided Harson's office. You know little ol' Barna didn't come up with that scam without Harson's OK. Plus an assistant DA and his secretary also plead guilty for taking bribes in a pay for plea deal that came outta Harson's office.

Keith Stutes was Harson's major crimes prosecutor until he retired in 2012. Keith was also the point man in an internal investigation regarding the OWI bribes. At the end of his investigation Keith handed in his retirement. Today, Keith Stutes is backed by two federal District Attorney Generals, one Republican and one Democrat.

Stutes says he will "raise the bar of integrity, fairness and respect" in the DA;s office.
Question

Kaplan, LA

#7 Mar 26, 2014
Get your Game on wrote:
<quoted text> It wasn't just "some people" in Harson's office who plead guilty to bribery, it was Barna Haynes. She is a good friend of Harson's and was his office manager for over 30 years until the FBI raided Harson's office. You know little ol' Barna didn't come up with that scam without Harson's OK. Plus an assistant DA and his secretary also plead guilty for taking bribes in a pay for plea deal that came outta Harson's office.
Keith Stutes was Harson's major crimes prosecutor until he retired in 2012. Keith was also the point man in an internal investigation regarding the OWI bribes. At the end of his investigation Keith handed in his retirement. Today, Keith Stutes is backed by two federal District Attorney Generals, one Republican and one Democrat.
Stutes says he will "raise the bar of integrity, fairness and respect" in the DA;s office.
Who was the ADA that pled guilty?
Time for a change

Abbeville, LA

#8 Mar 26, 2014
you the one wrote:
<quoted text>You the one that started this topix.. You will be in the minority. Mike will win this race big, especially in vermilion parish. He has done too much for us to turn our back on him. Go some other place and waist your time.
i agree Hsrsonvwill win in Vermilion. But the majority of the voters live in lafayette and Acadia Parishes. BTW Ibknow someone who Harson hurt bad. What has he legally done to help us?
you the one

Abbeville, LA

#9 Mar 27, 2014
Time for a change wrote:
<quoted text>i agree Hsrsonvwill win in Vermilion. But the majority of the voters live in lafayette and Acadia Parishes. BTW Ibknow someone who Harson hurt bad. What has he legally done to help us?
He will also win big in acadia parish. Don't be counting your chickens too fast about Lafayette parish. You will be surprised.
you are stupid

Abbeville, LA

#10 Mar 27, 2014
Question wrote:
<quoted text> Who was the ADA that pled guilty?
do you really belive what nut types you must like smoking pot too or been in a mental place
Get your Game on

Everett, WA

#11 Mar 27, 2014
Question wrote:
<quoted text> Who was the ADA that pled guilty?
Greg and four others plead guilty.
Elaine Crump, Sandra Degeyter, Denease Curry, Greg Williams, and Barna Haynes will learn their fates in federal court on April 11.

Robert Williamson, the supposed master mind of the OWI scam, collected "hundreds of thousands of dollars from 2008 until 2012". All five who plead guilty have agreed to testify against him.

The five who plead guilty collected a total of only $70k from the OWI pay for plea scheme-scam. You KNOW Williamson didn't get to keep more than half of what he made off a that racket. Think about it, this scam involved judges and lawyers that were upholding a loophole which Harson created from scratch.

Do the math, there's at least a hundred grand not accounted for.

Williamson was supposed to go to trial before Christmas but it was delayed. In February it was delayed again, the current scheduled trial date is in August. When Williamson's lawyers were asked if he will go to trial before the DA's election they said, "Don't count on it".

The case against Harson's involvement with Williamson is caught in the balance. The FBI already said they weren't going to seek charges against Harson and then they told his Buddy Caldwell that it was up to the AG's office to do what they want with him.

Harson's Buddy Caldwell said he can't make a decision on Harson until the FBI investigation is finished. You understand, the investigation can't be closed until Williamson goes to trial. And nobody knows what Robert Williamson and the other witnesses might say once they sit in that stand. Caldwell is a Harson Buddy from way back, and even he wont give Harson a pass until he knows how that trial will end.

While we wait for that trial, take a look at who is backing Stutes. I wonder if they know more than they are saying.
Get your Game on

Everett, WA

#12 Mar 27, 2014
you the one wrote:
<quoted text> Mike(Harson) will win this race big, especially in vermilion parish. He has done too much for us to turn our back on him.
You forgot to answer this question:
What has (MIke Harson) legally done to help us (YOU)?

That list of OWI benefactors will be posted on my website. Will you be one of them on the list?
get real

Carencro, LA

#13 Mar 27, 2014
Get your Game on wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to answer this question:
What has (MIke Harson) legally done to help us (YOU)?

That list of OWI benefactors will be posted on my website. Will you be one of them on the list?
Why do you care yawn ? You can't vote here and no one believes your fairy tale book

Now, run along back to your little dream world where everyone believes your craziness
Question

Kaplan, LA

#14 Mar 27, 2014
This was going on before 2008, I know of someone who paid to get out of a DWI after they flipped their vehicle. His personal attorney for another matter was also an ADA. They bragged about it afterwards. It was either 2006 or 2007. I know someone who will remember the exact date, will call them tomorrow.
Detective

Abbeville, LA

#15 Mar 27, 2014
Get your Game on wrote:
<quoted text>
Greg and four others plead guilty.
Elaine Crump, Sandra Degeyter, Denease Curry, Greg Williams, and Barna Haynes will learn their fates in federal court on April 11.
Robert Williamson, the supposed master mind of the OWI scam, collected "hundreds of thousands of dollars from 2008 until 2012". All five who plead guilty have agreed to testify against him.
The five who plead guilty collected a total of only $70k from the OWI pay for plea scheme-scam. You KNOW Williamson didn't get to keep more than half of what he made off a that racket. Think about it, this scam involved judges and lawyers that were upholding a loophole which Harson created from scratch.
Do the math, there's at least a hundred grand not accounted for.
Williamson was supposed to go to trial before Christmas but it was delayed. In February it was delayed again, the current scheduled trial date is in August. When Williamson's lawyers were asked if he will go to trial before the DA's election they said, "Don't count on it".
The case against Harson's involvement with Williamson is caught in the balance. The FBI already said they weren't going to seek charges against Harson and then they told his Buddy Caldwell that it was up to the AG's office to do what they want with him.
Harson's Buddy Caldwell said he can't make a decision on Harson until the FBI investigation is finished. You understand, the investigation can't be closed until Williamson goes to trial. And nobody knows what Robert Williamson and the other witnesses might say once they sit in that stand. Caldwell is a Harson Buddy from way back, and even he wont give Harson a pass until he knows how that trial will end.
While we wait for that trial, take a look at who is backing Stutes. I wonder if they know more than they are saying.
you seem very knowledgable of what went on in the DA s office who did what and when which leads me to my next question what was your involvement in this matter ??
oooo

Abbeville, LA

#16 Mar 27, 2014
Question wrote:
This was going on before 2008, I know of someone who paid to get out of a DWI after they flipped their vehicle. His personal attorney for another matter was also an ADA. They bragged about it afterwards. It was either 2006 or 2007. I know someone who will remember the exact date, will call them tomorrow.
pot smokers can't remember shit you and the drug head dawn with mental issues go good together
Question

Kaplan, LA

#17 Mar 27, 2014
oooo wrote:
<quoted text> pot smokers can't remember shit you and the drug head dawn with mental issues go good together
Don't do drugs, never have. There were many witnesses, including Fire and Rescue, Ambulance Drivers, hospital attendents, the person who came upon the wreck and this persons own family members. They were taken away by ambulance before troopers got there, even though there were no injuries. Hmmmm, could you be the ADA friend ? Why so angry?
Facts

Abbeville, LA

#18 Mar 28, 2014
The only thing I am going to say on this is that every one seems to forget or just don't want to talk about the fact that the FBI cleared Mike Haron of any involvement in the matter. I am sure that the FBI would have liked to implicate Mike if they could have but they didn't. I'm sure Mr. Stutes did every thing possible to get Mike implicated but he couldn't. So why are you folks still trying o implicate him. POLITICS. Now we all know how dirty and nasty politics can be. Its even ok o lie about some one or even make up things about the opposition. Lets just take the FBI's investigation at its finding that Mike new nothing about the matter at hand. Now go to work everyone.
Ripped Tripper

New Iberia, LA

#19 Mar 28, 2014
Oh it's not " us " it's Dawn Marcelle the Dutchess of Dumb!
Get your Game on

Everett, WA

#20 Mar 28, 2014
Facts wrote:
The only thing I am going to say on this is that every one seems to forget or just don't want to talk about the fact that the FBI cleared Mike Haron of any involvement in the matter. I am sure that the FBI would have liked to implicate Mike if they could have but they didn't. I'm sure Mr. Stutes did every thing possible to get Mike implicated but he couldn't. So why are you folks still trying o implicate him. POLITICS. Now we all know how dirty and nasty politics can be. Its even ok o lie about some one or even make up things about the opposition. Lets just take the FBI's investigation at its finding that Mike new nothing about the matter at hand. Now go to work everyone.
Nobody is forgetting anything. As I mentioned, the FBI has already said they will not bring federal charges against Harson. As a rule, the AG's office hast to sign off on Harson's excusal or conduct their own investigation and decide if the State wants to bring charges. As I mentioned, Harson's close friend, the Attorney General, Buddy Caldwell, refuses to sign off on the excusal from the FBI.

My point is if the FBI excusal isn't good enough for the AG then it shouldn't be good enough for the voters, either.
Get your Game on

Everett, WA

#21 Mar 28, 2014
And just so ya know,
The minute the AG does sign off on Harson's excusal from FBI scrutiny, a whole lot of documents will be ordered public. Among those is the report from Stute's internal investigation along with all the names of people who signed up for the OWI Pay for a Plea bargain.

Dirty politics? You bet it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wassup with Chief Rost? 8 hr Right 47
Nick Faciane (Oct '10) 18 hr Interested 54
Abbeville chinese restaurant owners arrested. ... (Jan '14) Tue Fido 518
2015 Sheriffs Race (Jan '14) Tue Keith 746
Should Judge David Blanchet be removed from court (Jul '09) Oct 20 Get your Game on 624
Cattle Festival 2014 Oct 17 true 49
Comeaux park Oct 17 NOTFADEAWAY 21
Abbeville Dating
Find my Match

Abbeville Jobs

Abbeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Abbeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Abbeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]