Dirty restaurant in Abbeville. Big v...

Dirty restaurant in Abbeville. Big violations.

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
deerslayer

Abbeville, LA

#2 Feb 19, 2012
Thank you very much. Very informative! I was surprised by Azul's violations! Not at all surprised by New China.
boatlander

Abbeville, LA

#3 Feb 19, 2012
Check out charlies diner on charity.

Inspection of 12/1/2011 2:42:51 PM

12 critical and 34 non critical. A total of 46 violations. This is worse than New China.

Compare that to the average restaurant having about 8 to 10 violations per inspection.
mardi gras mambo

Houston, TX

#4 Feb 20, 2012
if you look through all of the inspections, they all have violations. look at El Camino's. their reports are just as bad as Azul's.
lemonjello

Abbeville, LA

#5 Feb 21, 2012
Speaking of inspections. I hate the tables at Chili's. They are always greasy. yeah, they wipe em. Wipe em with a towel that has wiped 15 other greasy tables. Which I noticed there is also a board of health rule that says the towels used to wipe fixture should be changed on a regular basis.
really

United States

#6 Feb 21, 2012
Oh, well, there goes my plans for eating out tomorrow night.... I am too disgusted to dine out... guess I'll just stay home and cook. At least I know my house/kitchen is truly CLEAN!
shalaylay

Philadelphia, MS

#7 Feb 22, 2012
If the board of health inspected everyone's home you people would be surprised. Probably very few in the parish would get a clean bill of health.

Woodsman_1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#8 Feb 22, 2012
shalaylay wrote:
If the board of health inspected everyone's home you people would be surprised. Probably very few in the parish would get a clean bill of health.
That's correct.
There has never been in the history of inspection such a thing as no violations!
It's (almost) a requirement that every establshment recieve minor violations.
It's been like that since Gil Dozier and Uncle Bob Odoms' days.
It was kinda a (tool) they used for varying reasons.(That's a whole other thread).
Minor violations do not concern me. No matter the number.
Major violations can be a health risk.

In the early eighty's the worst violator in the region was Popeyes on the corner of south college and pinhook.
You do not want to know.
lemonjello

Abbeville, LA

#9 Feb 22, 2012
Woodsman_1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's correct.
There has never been in the history of inspection such a thing as no violations!
It was kinda a (tool) they used for varying reasons.(That's a whole other thread).
In the early eighty's the worst violator in the region was Popeyes on the corner of south college and pinhook.
You do not want to know.
True. But as we read the list of violations, the average is probably 8 or 10 per establishment. One critical, and 7 or 8 minor violations. But you must agree, that a place with 15 or 20 violations isn't keeping house very well.
MrsCuldesac

Santa Barbara, CA

#10 Feb 22, 2012
I once was in line at popeyes, cook came outside to talk on cel phone, with hands all full of batter. I often wonder if he went back in and continued battering or did he wash his hands? Yuk

Woodsman_1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Feb 22, 2012
lemonjello wrote:
<quoted text>
True. But as we read the list of violations, the average is probably 8 or 10 per establishment. One critical, and 7 or 8 minor violations. But you must agree, that a place with 15 or 20 violations isn't keeping house very well.
Of course I agree, LJ.
Inspection is necessary and beneficial.
To most businesses it's a fearful and dreaded.
It supposed to keep them on their toes.

Unfortunately, the violations are many because the inspection period is not on a regular basis. They'll get away with what the can because they know inspections are few and far between.
When they get caught you get to see it on a website. Whoop tee doo!
No penalties. No fines. No nothing. Another agency going through the motions. They have to cover their azz today in case somebody gets sick.

I fault the ag dept and it's policy.
shalaylay

Philadelphia, MS

#12 Feb 22, 2012
Woodsman_1 wrote:

You do not want to know.
finally someone on here with a brain! Thanks woodsman
pharmtech

Birmingham, AL

#13 Feb 22, 2012
Woodsman_1 wrote:

You do not want to know.
little Einsteins headstart had no violations ever! Good to know since both of my children have gone or go there now!
concerned citizen

United States

#14 Apr 1, 2012
Oh I thought it was going to be Shucks. Did bertrand pull his [email protected] out and put it on a table?
not here

Abbeville, LA

#15 Apr 1, 2012
[email protected] a la ronge
really

Abbeville, LA

#16 Apr 1, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
Oh I thought it was going to be Shucks. Did bertrand pull his [email protected] out and put it on a table?
ewe!!! lol
SKAY

Abbeville, LA

#17 Apr 3, 2012
RUSSELL MUST BE DOING HIS DUTY TO KEEP "CC'S" OPEN WITH THE ROACHS IN THAT PLACE AND THE ALL OF THE FILTH AND CRUD IN THAT PLACE.
Sick Puppy

Abbeville, LA

#18 Apr 3, 2012
I have never seen a roach or filth. The only crud I have seen in there is you! He must be doing something right. He has a great business, always packed in there. I love the breakfast buffet on Saturdays. He has the best plate lunches around. Maybe you should go check out Charlies Diner more your speed......oh yes the pup is back.... kiss it Topix mods. lol
hahaha

United States

#19 Apr 9, 2012
Woodsman_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I agree, LJ.
Inspection is necessary and beneficial.
To most businesses it's a fearful and dreaded.
It supposed to keep them on their toes.

Unfortunately, the violations are many because the inspection period is not on a regular basis. They'll get away with what the can because they know inspections are few and far between.
When they get caught you get to see it on a website. Whoop tee doo!
No penalties. No fines. No nothing. Another agency going through the motions. They have to cover their azz today in case somebody gets sick.

I fault the ag dept and it's policy.
The ag dept has nothing to do with inspections. It is DHH. And these larger restaurants are inspected every 3-4 months. Look at the site. They are also re-inspected. It's all there.
kaplanbandit

Abbeville, LA

#20 Apr 9, 2012
SKAY wrote:
RUSSELL MUST BE DOING HIS DUTY TO KEEP "CC'S" OPEN WITH THE ROACHS IN THAT PLACE AND THE ALL OF THE FILTH AND CRUD IN THAT PLACE.
I didn't know russell knew how to work. Joel did everything for him. Joel was the backbone of his business.
NOTFADEAWAY

Lithonia, GA

#21 Apr 9, 2012
kaplanbandit wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know russell knew how to work. Joel did everything for him. Joel was the backbone of his business.
Pahahahaha!!!! That's funny! You are so wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa Shea Gary, what's the real story on her? Sat Whats_the_story 1
Your sheriff Fri Help vermilion 90
KAPLAN CHAMBER of COMMERCE Thu Discerner 4
News Acadia Parish Sheriff Captures Escaped Prisoner (Oct '07) Sep 10 Lakesha 2
todays paper: sara the crap starter. Sep 7 ByeSara 9
Best psychic in duson (Aug '11) Sep 2 Empathic Bitch 25
looking for a real Voodoo witch (May '11) Aug 30 Derinda Gooden 112

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance