Shooting in Cow Island.

Shooting in Cow Island.

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pbroussard

Lafayette, LA

#1 Jan 30, 2013
Initial reports say it was a Harrington involved.
pbroussard

Lafayette, LA

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Well, according to facebook that is. L. Harrington. Merridional is reporting that a father shot a son.
For real

Abbeville, LA

#3 Jan 30, 2013
pbroussard wrote:
Well, according to facebook that is. L. Harrington. Merridional is reporting that a father shot a son.
thats crazy....
For real

Abbeville, LA

#4 Jan 30, 2013
For real wrote:
<quoted text>thats crazy....
i hope it was an accident,???
Scared

Gueydan, LA

#5 Jan 30, 2013
It's a scary world we're living in. What makes a father take the life of his own son? It was not an accident, unfortunately!
For real

Abbeville, LA

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Scared wrote:
It's a scary world we're living in. What makes a father take the life of his own son? It was not an accident, unfortunately!
Thats so sad...prayers to all...geez
MrsCuldesac

Houston, TX

#7 Jan 31, 2013
Praying it wAs an accident. Because this father surely DOES NOT realize the PAIN he will be living with. Losing a child at any age is the worse thing imaginable!
Then if you as a parent hurt your child, you might as well taken your own life!
Prayers from MrsC.
Just Heard

Youngsville, LA

#8 Jan 31, 2013
RIP MH
MrsCuldesac

Houston, TX

#9 Jan 31, 2013
Well, just got the news it wasn't an accident.
R.i.P heaven has just welcomed another Angel...
Pedro

United States

#10 Jan 31, 2013
I heard the son has been stealing money from the dad over the last few months little by little. Over the last week when he checked his safe there was over 20k missing. When the dad confronted the son the argument escalated and resulted in the dad shooting the son. But only after the son threatened to kill the father. Also the son had a very bad drug addiction problem and that is what the money was being used for. Still a sad situation that should have never happened.
Scared

Gueydan, LA

#11 Jan 31, 2013
So the Dad killed the son over money, according to you. Still no reason to kill your own child, even if what you say is true.
pbroussard

Lafayette, LA

#12 Jan 31, 2013
I'm just wondering what retard lets a drug addict son have access to his safe.

On the Flip side, Larry always seemed to be a decent man in public. Always polite and pleasant. I guess the devil go hold of him.
MrsCuldesac

United States

#13 Jan 31, 2013
Losing a child will haunt him for all the days of his life!
Omg it's your son! If I could have my daughter back, I would give anything, for him to go as far as shooting your son, that's only the work of an evil person at the time of RAGE! Over MONEY????
All the money in the world will not bring his son back! He took a father away from his children, those poor children! It's hard people! Losing a loved one in a horrific way, life is never the same!
I've been praying for the ones he left behind since I got the news from my daughter, so sad and heart breAking.:(

Woodsman_1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14 Jan 31, 2013
MrsCuldesac wrote:
Losing a child will haunt him for all the days of his life!
Omg it's your son! If I could have my daughter back, I would give anything, for him to go as far as shooting your son, that's only the work of an evil person at the time of RAGE! Over MONEY????
All the money in the world will not bring his son back! He took a father away from his children, those poor children! It's hard people! Losing a loved one in a horrific way, life is never the same!
I've been praying for the ones he left behind since I got the news from my daughter, so sad and heart breAking.:(
I agree with you MrsC. I think this is much more complicated than you think. Evil abounds in vermilion and most places. You see, maybe the kids' future was already set by the defendant.( grandkids, trust funds) Maybe the dad was stealing their future!!!!!
I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Every situation is different.
And losing a child is the most difficult. Thee !! most difficult. Because it's not supposed to happen that way. You will always have my sympathy and respect.
MrsCuldesac

United States

#15 Jan 31, 2013
I know, I don't have the whole story, and sometimes we never find out the whole story!
Just so sad, Woody it sometimes happens in a lot of families.... No one is immune to this!
I myself think that praying the rosary, saying novenas, does comfort the human hurting soul...
Your correct, we really cannot judge, until we have the truth, or have walked in a persons shoes!
Dear Lord,
Please help our community and other surrounding communities thru all these tragedys!
We need Our heavenly FATHER , at times like this....
MrsCuldesac

United States

#16 Jan 31, 2013
Woody, thank you, I think you just woke me up! Something for my own self!
And the future....
Thank u, I respect your opinion :)
donny

Delcambre, LA

#17 Jan 31, 2013
Pedro wrote:
I heard the son has been stealing money from the dad over the last few months little by little. Over the last week when he checked his safe there was over 20k missing. When the dad confronted the son the argument escalated and resulted in the dad shooting the son. But only after the son threatened to kill the father. Also the son had a very bad drug addiction problem and that is what the money was being used for. Still a sad situation that should have never happened.
The son that was shot and killed did not steal the money and he was not on drugs! The dads stepson is on drugs and he's the one that stole the money! The stepson told the dad that the real son stole the money. Get your facts straight before you start running your mouth anywhere!
donny

Delcambre, LA

#18 Jan 31, 2013
pbroussard wrote:
I'm just wondering what retard lets a drug addict son have access to his safe.

On the Flip side, Larry always seemed to be a decent man in public. Always polite and pleasant. I guess the devil go hold of him.
Larry is a drunk!
SAD

Abbeville, LA

#19 Jan 31, 2013
Pedro wrote:
I heard the son has been stealing money from the dad over the last few months little by little. Over the last week when he checked his safe there was over 20k missing. When the dad confronted the son the argument escalated and resulted in the dad shooting the son. But only after the son threatened to kill the father. Also the son had a very bad drug addiction problem and that is what the money was being used for. Still a sad situation that should have never happened.
Why would you post something you "heard"? How disgusting to post this when he hasn't even been buried. How would you like it if people posted rumors about your loved ones? Have some respect for his family! Perhaps we should rename this post Pedro the Piece of SH**.
Reality

Gueydan, LA

#20 Jan 31, 2013
Didn't the Dad beat his wives? I remember him being a bully and always fighting in the bars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Twins Brandi & Mandi (Jun '12) Mon Poor poor doni 3
Town Drunk Jul 22 Inquiring Minds 1
John Pomier Jul 21 Used 2
Ricky D. R.I.P. Jul 20 Lamb of God 1
truth Jul 20 Shovel 5
Annex closed Jul 19 Yes but 4
yard sign Jul 16 Im backkkkkk 15

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages