Gas Prices Too Dam High Again
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Katrina Who

New Orleans, LA

#21 Sep 14, 2012
Hi there! Just doing my part to keep this topic on top of the rest of the "going no where" gossip topics.

Woodsman_1

Since: Jul 10

Ventress

#22 Sep 14, 2012
Katrina Who wrote:
Hi there! Just doing my part to keep this topic on top of the rest of the "going no where" gossip topics.
Makes you kinda wonder. "War" would be too disruptive and costly in terms of delivery and availability for the oil companies.
Then they might face nationalization in some countries and price freezing in others.
.....but one or two "conflicts" can be very profitable....
It's always made me wonder in the Arab world.(OPEC)
Who controls whom?
Do the oil companies feed off of the clerics' decisions?
Or do the clerics' feed off of the oil company's contributions?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jan 09

Abbeville, LA

#23 Sep 14, 2012
Woodsman_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Makes you kinda wonder. "War" would be too disruptive and costly in terms of delivery and availability for the oil companies.
Then they might face nationalization in some countries and price freezing in others.
.....but one or two "conflicts" can be very profitable....
It's always made me wonder in the Arab world.(OPEC)
Who controls whom?
Do the oil companies feed off of the clerics' decisions?
Or do the clerics' feed off of the oil company's contributions?
chicken and egg...chicken and egg

Woodsman_1

Ventress

#24 Sep 14, 2012
loldrugwar wrote:
<quoted text>
chicken and egg...chicken and egg
Yup!
I very close to outfitting this whole house with solar panels after I change the roof! I use about 500 Kw/month max in the summer. Sometimes as little as 75kw/ month in the winter as I am seldom home.
It'll be a large investment with panels, batteries and inverters.
I've looked at two homes and they use 10 times the electricity I use and are still able to sell excess back into the grid.

Our prez and Muslim philosophy(oilfield blackmail) do not suit me!!!
Especially while using the BP dilema to further imports, shutting down tens
of thousands of jobs in the gulf.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MrsCuldesac

Vidor, TX

#25 Sep 14, 2012
Scary! Just scary!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FEDTHE F up

New Orleans, LA

#26 Sep 15, 2012
I'm sure the process of overcharging us for gasoline is very convoluted and or difficult to understand and say in one sentence, but the bottom line is.....

Somebody out there is not considering the strain that is being put on us average Americans and especially the poor by hiking up gas prices.

They have to realize that they are hurting the people and that they have to choice to or not, yet they still continue to manipulate and abuse. To what ends? What is their real goal? To earn more money and be better off than their neighbor? To keep their businesses strong and powerful so they can't fail even when the economy tanks? To cause as much hate and depression as possible so as to cause a societal breakdown in as short a time as possible?

What ever the reason, they are not acting in co operation with the rest of society. They are a cancer; causing trouble for the greater body. A cancer that even the best MRI will not reveal.

How have they become so malignate and elusive? Somebody is plotting and planning behind our backs!
MrsCuldesac

United States

#27 Sep 15, 2012
Where have you been sir! This is the old American way! The poorer get poorer and the Richer get richer! Sad, but true.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Roche

United States

#28 Sep 15, 2012
MrsCuldesac wrote:
Where have you been sir! This is the old American way! The poorer get poorer and the Richer get richer! Sad, but true.
Don't buy gas where they mix it with ethanol. It messes up your lawn mower chain saw generator and causes your car to get worse milage

Woodsman_1

Ventress

#29 Sep 16, 2012
Roche wrote:
<quoted text>Don't buy gas where they mix it with ethanol. It messes up your lawn mower chain saw generator and causes your car to get worse milage
Thats correct.
The old percentage was a 5% blend. It's up to 10%, now. It's keeping grain prices ridiculosly high, forcing us to pay more for grain and anything associated with it's consunsumption.
It's really an engine killer in two-stroke outboards!

Unfortunately, almost every pump is blended now. Two pumps in this area supply non ethenol fuel. Both are located on the lake.
It's regular(87 octane) unleaded price is 20cents/gal higher than blended unleaded!
Kinda steep but so is the price of a new outboard.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Woodsman_1

Ventress

#30 Sep 16, 2012
Consumption. Lol
WWIII

Abbeville, LA

#31 Sep 16, 2012
There is a station on S. State that sells non-ethanol gas...by Robies, can't remember the name right now.

ethanol=moisture=condensation= corrosion=gunky-shit.

I think the biggest of many problems with ethanol is it promotes condensation in the gas tank...keeping the tank full will help with this problem as it leaves less room on the inside walls of the tank to form condensation. A good stabilizer like SeaFoam, etc. is a must for any engine not used every week or so.
The boaters are seeing this because the boats sit for long periods of time. And now in the 2 strokes due to the new DFI technologies (direct fuel injection). Its an easy fix for a carburated motor, drop the float bowl and clean the jet...but with DFI/EFI...a whole new ball game. Hence, a 2 stroke outboard killer, as Woody said.

I'm not an expert on boats, but I have some motorcycles, all four stroke, and I don't see nearly the problem with them, fuel injected or carburated.
I have 3 2-stroke engines right now, and none of them run right, including the dinosaur of a boat motor. It's days are numbered...down to about one :)

Also the mix may go to 15%. I think the only reason it hasn't yet is ethanol production is down because of [insert reason here].

I believe the ethanol mix may be higher already because the only thing I've every really learned is...Lying = Profit.

Since: Jan 09

Abbeville, LA

#33 Sep 16, 2012
Woodsman_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats correct.
The old percentage was a 5% blend. It's up to 10%, now. It's keeping grain prices ridiculosly high, forcing us to pay more for grain and anything associated with it's consunsumption.
It's really an engine killer in two-stroke outboards!
Unfortunately, almost every pump is blended now. Two pumps in this area supply non ethenol fuel. Both are located on the lake.
It's regular(87 octane) unleaded price is 20cents/gal higher than blended unleaded!
Kinda steep but so is the price of a new outboard.

ADM my friend, they are the biggest scam artists around. ethanol costs more energy to produce than it is worth, so big business pays the pols to subsidize them and make laws requiring the use of a product that is harmful to the engines you use it in. ethanol on its on with no subsidies and artificially high prices would be another idea on the trash heap of bad ideas to replace fossil fuel. brazil uses ethanol but from a different process than ADM.

http://zfacts.com/node/243
T rob

Mobile, AL

#34 Sep 17, 2012
Buy straight gas from T Rob. Good for your engine and with a thirty cent a gallon profit and the money staying in the community T Rob is a good Christian and does a valuable service to our community

Woodsman_1

Ventress

#35 Sep 17, 2012
loldrugwar wrote:
<quoted text>
ADM my friend, they are the biggest scam artists around. ethanol costs more energy to produce than it is worth, so big business pays the pols to subsidize them and make laws requiring the use of a product that is harmful to the engines you use it in. ethanol on its on with no subsidies and artificially high prices would be another idea on the trash heap of bad ideas to replace fossil fuel. brazil uses ethanol but from a different process than ADM.
http://zfacts.com/node/243
In my opinion, Cargill is the largest exploiter of the American public, along with adm.
Cargill's hold on politics is tremendous.
There is not hardly one meat item, frozen or not that is not cargill branded.
Check that frozen Banqet dinner and thousands of other items you use everyday. Become a label reader.
Mosanto is by far the largest manufacturer of pestecides and herbicides and the largest promoter of their use.
What worries me the most is their prolific use of genetic engineering and the ever increasing number of patents they hold on those.
But that's a whole nother story in monsanto's case.

I've done plenty work in Valero's plants. Prolly 75%. They have been smart enough to realize adm and cargill's business savvy. They have built a huge bio-diesel facility at their Louisiana plant in norco and have invested heavily in ethenol production.
If I'm correct and may very well be wrong, I think most of Brazils ethenol production come from sugarcane.

Here's a short link I found to reinforce your previous one. If it'll go through.

http://247wallst.com/2012/03/23/cargill-to-bo...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FEDTHE F up

New Orleans, LA

#38 Sep 18, 2012
Glad to see you guys are taking this topic to a new level. I heard a few rumors about that ethanol laced gas not being so good, but didn't want to give it much thought because I don't like to think about more depressing things. I have enough of that in my life outlook as it is. But, I guess there's room for a little more depressing sh!t in there somewhere.

One place that advertises "No Ethanol" is in Nunez between Abbeville and Kaplan right off hwy 14. But, it has recently been taken over by the Arabic persuasion like all the rest of the gas stations for some reason lately. Those camel jockeys are buying up cigarette/gas stops like candy. It's no longer just 7eleven stores. LOLing just to keep from crying.
WWIII

Abbeville, LA

#39 Sep 18, 2012
Here is a link for non-ethanol gas that you can use wherever you travel. It is user-submitted info, so it changes all the time.

pure-gas.org
WWIII

Youngsville, LA

#40 Sep 18, 2012
FEDTHE F up wrote:
Glad to see you guys are taking this topic to a new level. I heard a few rumors about that ethanol laced gas not being so good, but didn't want to give it much thought because I don't like to think about more depressing things. I have enough of that in my life outlook as it is. But, I guess there's room for a little more depressing sh!t in there somewhere.
One place that advertises "No Ethanol" is in Nunez between Abbeville and Kaplan right off hwy 14. But, it has recently been taken over by the Arabic persuasion like all the rest of the gas stations for some reason lately. Those camel jockeys are buying up cigarette/gas stops like candy. It's no longer just 7eleven stores. LOLing just to keep from crying.
Well, FED...we expect you to be in better spirits for the city's new upcoming "Corn and Petroleum Festival"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what??? 2 hr hoodrat 32
Flinstones Break Up. Fri Warren 533
Love my VPSO Fri Told ya 62
F B I Office Lafayette LA (Jun '09) Fri Told ya 39
Katy just destroyed Todd Travasos gto haha May 23 Potcallinkettleblack 83
News Another alleged Gremlin gang member arrested in... May 22 Long gone 1
VPSB members May 19 AFV 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages