Do you think allowing video poker machines back into Verm. Parish is a good idea

Created by Mysterymix on May 22, 2012

96 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

No

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NOTFADEAWAY

United States

#1 May 22, 2012
Hell No!
yep

United States

#2 May 22, 2012
Hell ya
old school

Abbeville, LA

#3 May 22, 2012
Yea, why not?
Darlene

Greenville, SC

#4 May 23, 2012
I believe that we should keep the money in Vermilion Parish. If someone wants to gamble they will go where they have too to do it. So keep this money in the Parish.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5 May 23, 2012
I don't enjoy watching uneducated poor people spending the babies milk money.
Poor quality food places opening just so they can have a couple of Poker machines that make 20 times in profit what the food makes.
Don't be suckers for this again Vermilion.
let do it

Abbeville, LA

#6 May 23, 2012
All these government agencies talking about not having enough money in the budgets to do anything then why not. If it gives an extra 70,000 bucks thats more money and less taxes we will have to pay in the future. Should let a large casino come in too.
boatlander

Abbeville, LA

#7 May 23, 2012
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
I don't enjoy watching uneducated poor people spending the babies milk money.
Poor quality food places opening just so they can have a couple of Poker machines that make 20 times in profit what the food makes.
Don't be suckers for this again Vermilion.
You are so correct in your observations. In past years, when I was making a lot of money, I myself on occasion would visit the Chitamacha casino. I even used to stop in and play a few dollars at the video poker outlets on High Way 90.
My bills were always paid on time, All of my loans are paid off, no credit card bills, etc. So losing a few hundred dollars once in a while did not upset my budget.
I look back and can remember the long faces of those poor uneducated people you so accurately describe. They Drove old cars
They weren't dressed nice, they looked like they shouldn't have been there. I felt sorry for them. I'd go to those places just for amusement. They went to try and make money. Video poker is a plague on the poor folks. Its a plague on the uneducated. It will make poor people poorer. It will make uneducated people poorer.
Some of you retards will say "serves em right, if they stupid enough to gamble, they deserve to be poorer" But that is not the stance of a concerned citizen.
The first place to feel the pain, will be the ABL bingo hall. Money taken at the bingo hall does go back into community programs.
Not two cents of video poker revenues goes into communit programs.
Then smaller businesses will see a reduction in their revenue. That extra twenty dollars used to buy a bag of cracklins, a link of boudin, or some other treat that people indulge in. They won't get that anymore, its heading to the video poker outlet.
This is the equivalent of legalizing marijuana.
On the other hand, these poor folks are not traveling to the casino with that fifty dollars. too long a drive to just play fifty bucks. They stay home. But video poker a mile down the road will get their attention.

Since: Jul 10

Ventress

#8 May 23, 2012
boatlander wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so correct in your observations. In past years, when I was making a lot of money, I myself on occasion would visit the Chitamacha casino. I even used to stop in and play a few dollars at the video poker outlets on High Way 90.
My bills were always paid on time, All of my loans are paid off, no credit card bills, etc. So losing a few hundred dollars once in a while did not upset my budget.
I look back and can remember the long faces of those poor uneducated people you so accurately describe. They Drove old cars
They weren't dressed nice, they looked like they shouldn't have been there. I felt sorry for them. I'd go to those places just for amusement. They went to try and make money. Video poker is a plague on the poor folks. Its a plague on the uneducated. It will make poor people poorer. It will make uneducated people poorer.
Some of you retards will say "serves em right, if they stupid enough to gamble, they deserve to be poorer" But that is not the stance of a concerned citizen.
The first place to feel the pain, will be the ABL bingo hall. Money taken at the bingo hall does go back into community programs.
Not two cents of video poker revenues goes into communit programs.
Then smaller businesses will see a reduction in their revenue. That extra twenty dollars used to buy a bag of cracklins, a link of boudin, or some other treat that people indulge in. They won't get that anymore, its heading to the video poker outlet.
This is the equivalent of legalizing marijuana.
On the other hand, these poor folks are not traveling to the casino with that fifty dollars. too long a drive to just play fifty bucks. They stay home. But video poker a mile down the road will get their attention.
I agree with both of you, but got lost on the marijuana correlation. Both are addictions in my opinion but gambling is legal.

On a lighter note, if they legalize weed, they'll sell a lot more boudin and cracklins. Mr. Munchies is good for the grocery business.
Party man

Katy, TX

#9 May 27, 2012
Vremiliom parish people are big suckers lelting tax moneys go to other parishs let poker back and maybe no one will ask to raise taxes. Tax money's will stay here and not out side the parish .
NOTFADEAWAY

United States

#10 May 27, 2012
Party man wrote:
Vremiliom parish people are big suckers lelting tax moneys go to other parishs let poker back and maybe no one will ask to raise taxes. Tax money's will stay here and not out side the parish .
Say no to video poker! Making money off poor uneducated people will only lead to more crime and free handouts. Say no for the children whos parents spend all the food money on some stupid dream that will never happen. Don't be a sucker.
Just want to know

Abbeville, LA

#11 May 27, 2012
Yes and NO first you don't have to drive to the Chitamacha Casino to Gamble, just to hwy 90 lots of casino there to take your poor uneducated people money and Iberia and Vermilion Parish get none. As for the Cracklin and Boudin poor uneducated people on food stamps with no place to cook their food and can only buy candy cake chips cold drinks etc. will all in up with heart attacks and other sicknises which will raise the cost of medical care. All go together. So legalize marijuana and allow the educated adults with, and without money along with their Kids to buy marijuana and pay taxes on it along with the Casinos. To help pay for the health care
Hurricane season

Lafayette, LA

#12 May 27, 2012
boatlander wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so correct in your observations. In past years, when I was making a lot of money, I myself on occasion would visit the Chitamacha casino. I even used to stop in and play a few dollars at the video poker outlets on High Way 90.
My bills were always paid on time, All of my loans are paid off, no credit card bills, etc. So losing a few hundred dollars once in a while did not upset my budget.
I look back and can remember the long faces of those poor uneducated people you so accurately describe. They Drove old cars
They weren't dressed nice, they looked like they shouldn't have been there. I felt sorry for them. I'd go to those places just for amusement. They went to try and make money. Video poker is a plague on the poor folks. Its a plague on the uneducated. It will make poor people poorer. It will make uneducated people poorer.
Some of you retards will say "serves em right, if they stupid enough to gamble, they deserve to be poorer" But that is not the stance of a concerned citizen.
The first place to feel the pain, will be the ABL bingo hall. Money taken at the bingo hall does go back into community programs.
Not two cents of video poker revenues goes into communit programs.
Then smaller businesses will see a reduction in their revenue. That extra twenty dollars used to buy a bag of cracklins, a link of boudin, or some other treat that people indulge in. They won't get that anymore, its heading to the video poker outlet.
This is the equivalent of legalizing marijuana.
On the other hand, these poor folks are not traveling to the casino with that fifty dollars. too long a drive to just play fifty bucks. They stay home. But video poker a mile down the road will get their attention.
With hurricane season coming you should make plans to donate the money that you overcharge the people after the storms. You could give it to the less fortunate so they don't have to go and try and win at video poker
WWIII

Abbeville, LA

#13 May 27, 2012
Well, I say anyplace that builds a crappy cheesy truck-stop casino will be taking up the property that would eventually become a Dollar General anyway, and take about the same amount of money out of the community, and from the same demographic, so what's the difference?
The real solution might be to tax the crap out of the Family Dollars just on aesthetic principle.
boatlander

Abbeville, LA

#14 May 27, 2012
Party man wrote:
Vremiliom parish people are big suckers lelting tax moneys go to other parishs let poker back and maybe no one will ask to raise taxes. Tax money's will stay here and not out side the parish .
Any tax revenue will be a wash. When poor undeducated people lose money in the video poker, that money would have been spent on other things. On which they would have paid taxes. This notion will not generate more tax dollars, it will only shift where it comes from.
Party man

Katy, TX

#15 May 27, 2012
All of you stuped people in vermilion parish will let you'll tax money go to other parishs that's you'll falt vote for for for poker in vermilion keep tax money here.
WWIII

Abbeville, LA

#16 May 27, 2012
Party man wrote:
All of you stuped people in vermilion parish will let you'll tax money go to other parishs that's you'll falt vote for for for poker in vermilion keep tax money here.
Yeah, don't know why we're so stuped.
pbroussard

Abbeville, LA

#17 May 28, 2012
Party man wrote:
All of you stuped people in vermilion parish will let you'll tax money go to other parishs that's you'll falt vote for for for poker in vermilion keep tax money here.
There are several reasons your ignorant ass would be so eager to have Video poker.
1. You are tired of buring so much gas going out of town.

2. You want to put them in your establishment.

I'd like you to make a call, and find out exactly what kind of tax money the parish will get. What do they get 1 percent?
A 100.00 permit fee once a year?

We did without that ignorant dumb shit poker machines for the last tne years. Let them dumb fucks in parish government cut the budget.
Who is the dumbfuck police juror that brought this notion back up? What we really have here, is a wealthy contributor who wants to rake in 5000.00 a month profit on poor ignorant citizens.
Party man

Abbeville, LA

#18 May 28, 2012
NOT just poor people play poker I seen people from HiPaing jobs from vermilion parish driving 75miles to go play poker
Government

AOL

#19 May 28, 2012
What will the Jury do with the $70,000.00 extra. Humm the last time they did nothing so I guess it will be the same thing with this. Sure not work on the roads!!! More money sure won't help them.

Since: Jul 10

Ventress

#20 May 29, 2012
Party man wrote:
NOT just poor people play poker I seen people from HiPaing jobs from vermilion parish driving 75miles to go play poker
There's people from china feedin dem machines?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harson VS Stutes (Mar '14) 1 hr Start 368
Wassup with Chief Rost? 15 hr Right 47
Nick Faciane (Oct '10) Wed Interested 54
Abbeville chinese restaurant owners arrested. ... (Jan '14) Tue Fido 518
2015 Sheriffs Race (Jan '14) Tue Keith 746
Should Judge David Blanchet be removed from court (Jul '09) Oct 20 Get your Game on 624
Cattle Festival 2014 Oct 17 true 49
Abbeville Dating
Find my Match

Abbeville Jobs

Abbeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Abbeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Abbeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]