System upgrade will make life easier

System upgrade will make life easier

There are 9 comments on the KLFY-TV Lafayette story from Jun 10, 2013, titled System upgrade will make life easier. In it, KLFY-TV Lafayette reports that:

Like most municipalities throughout Acadiana, budget constraints have city officials tightening their belts, hoping to save money in any way possible.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLFY-TV Lafayette.

Mitchell

United States

#1 Jun 11, 2013
No excuse for paying late, now. Lol.
GO BACK 2 POODOO ROADS

Abbeville, LA

#2 Jun 11, 2013
Why would you care?
Mitchell

United States

#3 Jun 11, 2013
GO BACK 2 POODOO ROADS wrote:
Why would you care?
Being able to obtain a reciept through a kiosk is a huge plus.
It offers verification of payment during the weekend or after hours. Something that a simple dropbox can't do. It eliminates late charges incurred because of human error, laziness or intentional misbilling.
....who knows...
I might take a cupla of those rent houses off of freds hands:)
Spanishlake

Lafayette, LA

#4 Jun 11, 2013
Mitchell wrote:
<quoted text>Being able to obtain a reciept through a kiosk is a huge plus.
It offers verification of payment during the weekend or after hours. Something that a simple dropbox can't do. It eliminates late charges incurred because of human error, laziness or intentional misbilling.
....who knows...
yes, a receipt is necessary. About 20 years ago, A Janitor at the Natural gas company in New Iberia would steal payments out the drop box. Dozens of customers were threatened with cut off notices. After a few dozen came in claiming they paid, they realized there was a thief in the building. After monitoring the situation for a few nights, they realized the Janitor was stealing after hours. He had a key to everything in the building.
Banker

United States

#5 Jun 13, 2013
Spanishlake wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, a receipt is necessary. About 20 years ago, A Janitor at the Natural gas company in New Iberia would steal payments out the drop box. Dozens of customers were threatened with cut off notices. After a few dozen came in claiming they paid, they realized there was a thief in the building. After monitoring the situation for a few nights, they realized the Janitor was stealing after hours. He had a key to everything in the building.
Fraud is still prevelant today, it's just a little more sophisticated. These types of payment systems offer the advantage of secure documentation at any time.
Barney Rebel

Abbeville, LA

#6 Jun 15, 2013
I think you will have a surcharge for using the machine.Higher bill !!!
Sale

United States

#7 Jun 16, 2013
Mitchell wrote:
<quoted text>Being able to obtain a reciept through a kiosk is a huge plus.
....who knows...
fred is selling all his rent houses for two million then retire off the interest except run his fiancÚ s rent houses
Mitchell

United States

#9 Jun 16, 2013
Sale wrote:
<quoted text>fred is selling all his rent houses for two million then retire off the interest except run his fiancÚ s rent houses
Roses are Red. Violets are Blue. Blonde is nice ,too.
I don't blame him. It's a good income but a huge pain.
Mitchell

United States

#10 Jun 19, 2013
Barney Rebel wrote:
I think you will have a surcharge for using the machine.Higher bill !!!
Actually, the machine will and could save the city tens of thousands of dollars by completely eliminating the need for however many clerks the city employs for bill collection and processing due to the fact the kiosk accepts almost any kind of payment. Including cash. It also records and maintains payment data which is forwarded directly to the city's database.
There is no surcharge for using the machine like ATM's.
It may seem a little impersonal at first but sometimes I think that's a good thing when you have a really high bill and wanna thrash someone!
Lol:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
todays paper: sara the crap starter. 21 min You Mad 2
New sheriff lll 3 hr Republican 3
Poll Should Judge David Blanchet be removed from court (Jul '09) Aug 19 Fair square 688
News Duson officer injured; driver and vehicle sought Aug 17 Joes Smith Public 1
Sarah Duplechien Aug 16 ByeSara 5
Poll Next Abbeville Chief of Police (Oct '15) Aug 10 facts 111
John Pomier Aug 5 Speak the truth 3

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages