Palmetto Park Pig Problem
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pig update

United States

#46 Jun 21, 2012
I heard from a reliable source that Palmetto State Park will be closed for a few weeks to get rid of the wild pigs. We were there a few weekends ago, one of the mama pigs charged at a young boy. Time for some action!!! Watch the news and newspapers.... hopefully free jambalaya..... as the saying goes.... shoot em'
DATS ALL GOOD

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#47 Jun 22, 2012
HAHAHA YEE HAW DI DO N MIKES NUT RIDERS HUNTING SEASON OPEN
GET MY 40 OD SHOT READY CLICK CLICK
SHOULD WE SEND D P S THE ON LINE PERV AND MENTAL THINGS TYPED FIRST OR
JUST PIN UM TO THE TAIL
JUST SHARE N
HA HA HA HA HA

United States

#48 Jun 22, 2012
Pig update wrote:
I heard from a reliable source that Palmetto State Park will be closed for a few weeks to get rid of the wild pigs. We were there a few weekends ago, one of the mama pigs charged at a young boy. Time for some action!!! Watch the news and newspapers.... hopefully free jambalaya..... as the saying goes.... shoot em'
I'm sure it won't be until after summer. I got online and booked the meeting room for a day and on the calendar the month of July was pretty much booked.
Wonder

Lafayette, LA

#49 Jun 22, 2012
Pig update wrote:
Funny how there are a bunch of reliable information on anything you hear now a days. Any one who wants to post something just say that they heard it from a reliable source.

Well here is mine. I heard from a reliable source that everything you read on Topix is the truth.
WWIII

Youngsville, LA

#50 Jun 22, 2012
I checked with my VERY reliable source, and the answer it gave was "Outlook good".
WWIII

Youngsville, LA

#51 Jun 22, 2012
If anyone has further inquiries of my source, please let me know.
Wonder

Lafayette, LA

#52 Jun 22, 2012
WWIII wrote:
If anyone has further inquiries of my source, please let me know.
I have checked with my President Obama and he said that your source is not reliable and that you should not believe him. Obama is the only one who you need to believe. He knows
I CHECKED MAGIC 8 BALL

Abbeville, LA

#53 Jun 23, 2012
it said no wild hog for you Next
huh?

Abbeville, LA

#54 Jun 23, 2012
I CHECKED MAGIC 8 BALL wrote:
it said no wild hog for you Next
lol, leave the pigs alone, they were there before all y'all yuppy ass people..........
Daddy-O

San Ramon, CA

#55 Jul 10, 2012
Watching the Channel 10 news last night and they had a spot on the pig problem in Palmetto State Park. The thing is, there is a growth in numbers of pigs all across the Southern states from Georgia/Florida thru Alabama, to Louisiana into Texas. The pigs are literally tearing up the landscape and running out the native animals. The pigs are not natural to the habitat. Even Hawaii has a major pig problem. But what disturbs me is the fact that the speaker for Palmetto Park said that they were going to round up the animals, inspect them and then bury them. Why in the world would you do that? That's insane. These pigs are a huge resource of food that can be distributed to the shelters around here. Regardless of opinion, these pigs are organically grown and are a great food source. No growth hormones or chemicals like we get in chicken or beef. Distribute the pig meet to the needy. DO NOT WASTE THEM!
sucker punch

Lafayette, LA

#56 Jul 10, 2012
Daddy-O wrote:
Watching the Channel 10 news last night and they had a spot on the pig problem in Palmetto State Park. The thing is, there is a growth in numbers of pigs all across the Southern states from Georgia/Florida thru Alabama, to Louisiana into Texas. The pigs are literally tearing up the landscape and running out the native animals. The pigs are not natural to the habitat. Even Hawaii has a major pig problem. But what odisturbs me is the fact that the speaker for Palmetto Park said that they were going to round up the animals, inspect them and then bury them. Why in the world would you do that? That's insane. These pigs are a huge resource of food that can be distribut
ed to the shelters around here. Regardless of opinion, these pigs are organically grown and are a great food source. No growth hormones or chemicals like we get in chicken or beef. Distribute the pig meet to the needy. DO NOT WASTE THTEM!
Sorry dad, too many quality control issues with that plan. If 1 sick pig got thru and gave a bunch of poor people food poisoning, it would be a legal nightmare for the state. Your heart is in the right place, but it won't work.......
Daddy-O

San Ramon, CA

#57 Jul 10, 2012
I understand the issue and it is a valid point. But it will work. The distribution of wild game occurs in Alabama & Texas, in fact they have a Hunters' for the Hungry organization that distributes wild game to families. They have a Hunters' for the Hungry here in Lafayette through Acadiana Outreach that accept wild game from all sportsmen. Fish, deer, birds, and hogs. It seems to work there with no issues. The wild hogs are just that, wild, they are not disease ridden animals gone amuck - just as deer and other game animals. In fact, they are healthier than most farm animals taken care by humans. I do know this from first hand and have fed my family and friends from succesful harvests with "NO ONE" ending up in the hospital. The first ingredient to failure is saying "can't". Thanks for your comment.
sucker punch

Lafayette, LA

#58 Jul 10, 2012
Daddy-O wrote:
I understand the issue and it is a valid point. But it will work. The distribution of wild game occurs in Alabama & Texas, in fact they have a Hunters' for the Hungry organization that distributes wild game to families. They have a Hunters' for the Hungry here in Lafayette through Acadiana Outreach that accept wild game from all sportsmen. Fish, deer, birds, and hogs. It seems to work there with no issues. The wild hogs are just that, wild, they are not disease ridden animals gone amuck - just as deer and other game animals. In fact, they are healthier than most farm animals taken care by humans. I do know this from first hand and have fed my family and friends from succesful harvests with "NO ONE" ending up in the hospital. The first ingredient to failure is saying "can't". Thanks for your comment.
point well made, your right, it could work, thanks for the education
Just wondering

Abbeville, LA

#59 Jul 10, 2012
Sounds like a great idea. Call your politicians and let them know how you'll feel.
randy t

United States

#60 Oct 10, 2012
Is palmetto still having problems with pigs?
Fistfight

United States

#61 Oct 10, 2012
randy t wrote:
Is palmetto still having problems with pigs?
There are some but most have been removed just like the problem bears

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa Shea Gary, what's the real story on her? Sat Whats_the_story 1
Your sheriff Fri Help vermilion 90
KAPLAN CHAMBER of COMMERCE Thu Discerner 4
News Acadia Parish Sheriff Captures Escaped Prisoner (Oct '07) Sep 10 Lakesha 2
todays paper: sara the crap starter. Sep 7 ByeSara 9
Best psychic in duson (Aug '11) Sep 2 Empathic Bitch 25
looking for a real Voodoo witch (May '11) Aug 30 Derinda Gooden 112

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance