wilcox sheriff candidates

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
VOTER

Mount Pleasant, IA

#1 Jan 3, 2012
Does anybody know anything about these cats announcing they are running for Sheriff of Wilcox County? Is Stacy gonna run? So far it appears Mike Martin, Larry Brown, Kelly Wilson, Sam McKinney have all publicly stated they are running. Will there be more?
Paying Attention

Dublin, GA

#2 Jan 4, 2012
Of course Stacy's going to run again. Why do think he's been showing up around town and showing up for work the last few weeks?!?
nottheplace

Leechburg, PA

#3 Jan 5, 2012
So he shows up right around election time. Kind of funny don't you think?
Andso

United States

#4 Jan 5, 2012
At least Stacy doesn't have anybody else telling him what to do. And he SPEAKS to everybody. One of these guys won't speak to nobody and his WIFE sure won't. Him running is just a way for her mannish self to be sheriff
noone

Warrior, AL

#5 Jan 5, 2012
she liks that power she controls her house like larry but he is a follower not a leader dont need a bullock she is stuck up as they come and thinks she is miss high and mighty, lARRY WILL DO WHAT SHE SAYS AND SHE WILL RUN THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE. WHO EVER STACY B SUPPORTS IF HE DOESNT RUN THAT PERSON WILL GET ELECTED BUT THE WORD IS STACY SILENTLY IS WORKING ON A GOOD CAMPAIN HE HAS IT IF HE WAHTS IT. PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTY KNOW WHO HAS BEEN THEIR FOR THEM,YES I WENT TO SCHOOL IN WILCOX AND THE HARDENS AND MCGLAMRYS TAUGHT ME HA HA
Paying Attention

Dublin, GA

#6 Jan 6, 2012
Right, the people in this county know who has been there for them......when they need a "fix", when they need something swept under the rug, when they have a son who molests a child, when they have something to "hide". He's been right there! He has so many people over a barrel he will never have to worry about his job. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. It's time to get rid of the itch people!
abc

United States

#7 Jan 6, 2012
"Paying attention"- looks like he just didn't give you what you wanted. He is a good sheriff and will CONTINUE to be!
Paying Attention

Dublin, GA

#8 Jan 9, 2012
I've never wanted nor needed anything from him. Therefore, I don't have to do any back scratching when I go to vote.
citizen

United States

#9 Jan 10, 2012
What do yall think of the other candidates for sheriff? I am not very familiar with many of them.
fyi

United States

#10 Jan 16, 2012
I think this deputy from abbeville s.d. Sam I don't know his last name but he done a great job when I need him to help me with a case hats off to him he should be sheriff there he done a Great Job
NO SPIN ZONE

Perry, GA

#11 Feb 2, 2012
fyi wrote:
I think this deputy from abbeville s.d. Sam I don't know his last name but he done a great job when I need him to help me with a case hats off to him he should be sheriff there he done a Great Job
Sam(McKinney)yes he does do his job,and I have nothing against him other than the fact that he is inexperienced. He only has a little over a year on job. For sheriff, you need an experienced law man, up to date on technology, and laws, who also needs some business background, so that he will know how to budget, run a payroll, schedule shifts, keep training up to date, and operate the jail and the sheriff's office in the most efficient manner, you don't need someone who will be doing on the job training trying to learn what to do as sheriff. The sheriff has to have good people skills, willing to talk to and serve all the residents of the county. It's should not be about who you like the most but who is the most qualified.
bds

United States

#12 Feb 6, 2012
Well Sam may be inexperienced but at least he has good morals ...that's a whole lot more than what we have running this county now.
Thats It

United States

#14 Feb 17, 2012
big d wrote:
Stacy suck hes hiden trey for bubba so he wont go to jail for molesting that girl he ain't no sheriff trey ought to be hung up an beat to death
leave it alone learn how to spell first
Wilcox citizen

Moultrie, GA

#15 Feb 17, 2012
Wilcox County sheriff, son, 2 others indicted
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 7:58 PM EST Updated: Feb 17, 2012 7:58 PM EST
MACON, Ga.(AP)- Federal prosecutors have announced an indictment accusing a Georgia sheriff, his son and two others of violating the rights of an inmate.
The 14-count indictment announced Friday lists charges against Wilcox County Sheriff Stacy Bloodsworth; his son Austin Bloodsworth; former Wilcox County jailer Casey Owens; and former inmate Willie James Caruthers.
Wilcox citizen

Moultrie, GA

#16 Feb 17, 2012
No one needs to judge people on hear say so here is some info on the great sheriff for Wilcox making headlines all over the news and in other states.
Justice

Grinnell, IA

#17 Feb 17, 2012
Finally it's out there for everyone to see. I'm so glad that the spotlight has finally shown on the transgressions of our little community. Time to go play with the big boys Stacy. And no, I'm not blindly persecuting him on what I've read in the news. I happened to be a resident of the jail at the same time as the victim of the beating and was there the day that they pulled him out to take him to the hospital to have the wires removed from his jaw after stacy beat his ass, along with his low life son, and the others. This has been a long time coming. Hat's off to the FBI and others that have finally cleaned house around here.
Justice

Grinnell, IA

#18 Feb 17, 2012
abc wrote:
"Paying attention"- looks like he just didn't give you what you wanted. He is a good sheriff and will CONTINUE to be!
Yeah, doesn't look like he'll be continuing to be much else, besides dropping the soap in federal prison. Rock and Roll.
FYOU

Austell, GA

#19 Feb 17, 2012
Watch your filthy comments, you don't know what it's like to live in the public eye of a community. If you wanna bash stacy that is one thing but think about it.. He has a family just like evryone else. A mama, daddy, a daughter and close friends. You aren't only hurting him.. You're hurting his family as well.. And his family IS INNOCENT.
Justice

Grinnell, IA

#20 Feb 17, 2012
You know what, you are absolutely right, I don't know what it's like to be in the public eye. But I do know this, if I were in the public eye, I think I would be held even more responsible for my actions, or in his case for the most part, inactions. Just as his crimes should be held in higher regard than the ordinary citizen. As a sheriff, he is supposed to set an example for the community, and let's face it, he has more than abused his power on many occasions. The fact is, this is no time to cry about how he's in the public eye, and we should all be more supportive, and think about his loved ones, and blah blah blah. Everything is all fine as good as long as Stacy has his cape on and is saving the day, then what? it's okay that we praise him on a public forum? And when it all goes downhill everyone should hold their tongue? That is the most retarted statement I have ever heard. When you sign up for public office or resign yourself to be in any situation where you're name will be known, you are opening yourself up to be talked about by the public. People that enter public life don't get to play the emotional distress card, Sorry. And as for his family, I feel the most for his daughter because she now has to face the truth and shame about the kind of person her father really is. And as far as his other family whom I know personally, well let's just say, that they are just as satisfied that something is being done about the backdoor bs squad that is our law enforcement as most of us are. Bottom line, if he was worried about what shame can come to him or his family or friends by this, then he should have thought about that before he did what he did. Period.
CastTheFirstSton e

United States

#21 Feb 18, 2012
You low life people have nothing better to do but put people down ALL the time !
Go make a damn biscuit and feed your dogs !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
taxes thread 19 hr jap slap 17
Chris Walsh 19 hr Ya hoe 10
Pace Wood Wed Bully 3
Jason Anderson Wed Concerned 1
Dear Sheriff Wed Roadblock 1
Women Sep 27 Beefturd Deluxe 6
crooked cops (Feb '16) Sep 21 Just passing through 2

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance