Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Jan 18, 2009 Read more: Chicago Tribune 69,605
Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Read more
Shananananana4pa li

Safety Harbor, FL

#75020 Jul 25, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
After Hamas capitulates in Gaza ... we might stand a chance of having two consecutive years of quiet and peace...
.... well, most likely ..... a couple of months, just until the next shipment of Iranian rockets arrives and gets smuggled through brand new tunnel...
and when will those in the PA have two consecutive hours of peace? I want to plan a vacation
Shananananana4pa li

Safety Harbor, FL

#75021 Jul 25, 2014
Uzi wrote:
Hamas Insists Gazans Remain at Home as Human Shields.
Friday, July 11, 2014 | Ryan Jones.
Hamas on Thursday issued a veiled command for the residents of Gaza to ignore Israeli warnings of impending aerial strikes and to remain in their homes as human shields.
Israel routinely warns Palestinians, even targeted terrorist leaders, of planned strikes on their homes at least 5–10 minutes before the bombs actually fall. Most often, these warnings come in the form of a telephone call or a “knock on the roof” using low-impact mortar shells.
The reason homes are targeted is because Hamas typically hides its weapons in and launches its attacks from nearby civilian population centers. Additionally, Israel has been bombing the homes of senior Hamas officials, arguing that these locations have become terrorist command and control centers.
The latest Hamas directive came in the form of a request that Gazans not “cooperate” with Israel by paying heed to the advanced warnings.
“The goal of these [Israeli warnings] is to create confusion among the citizens. Citizens are not to heed (or cooperate with) these messages and are not to leave their homes,” read the order issued by the Hamas Ministry of Interior.
In other words, those who do flee their homes when Israel gives them the chance to do so could be labeled as traitors and therefore face a fate far worse than Israeli bombs.
Hamas has intentionally placed the people it rules between a rock and a hard place.
Jimmy Carter and a number of other “respected” international leaders insist these terrorists, who have as much disdain for their own people as they do for their enemies, are a legitimate governing entity and must be negotiated with.
In a 2009 interview with NBC, Carter insisted Hamas could be trusted. He added that “there won’t be peace in the Middle East without Hamas involvement,” and urged the US government and Israel to negotiate with the terror group.
And the West wonders why it has been so unsuccessful in brokering peace.
an honest, sincere question:where do you propose the people of Gaza go for shelter if not hide within their own homes? I truly want to give advise as to where they should take cover but I honestly have no good ideas. Yours?

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#75023 Jul 25, 2014
Shananananana4pali wrote:
<quoted text> an honest, sincere question:where do you propose the people of Gaza go for shelter if not hide within their own homes? I truly want to give advise as to where they should take cover but I honestly have no good ideas. Yours?
Maybe they should have built bomb shelters to protect their people if they knew they were going to shell Israeli citizens, instead of using the concrete for tunnels to infiltrate Israel?

But hey when you guarantee 72 Virgins why build a bomb shelter?
Shananananana4pa li

Safety Harbor, FL

#75024 Jul 25, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you always been an anti-semite?
obviously the term Semite exceeds your limited knowledge of common vocabulary. Please rephrase. Better yet, save the O2 and STFU
Taeb

Tizi Ouzou, Algeria

#75025 Jul 25, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
Muslim capital M had not been invented until Mohammed long after the prophets.
muslim small m may indicate obedience to Allah but it certainly does not mean they were Muslims, capital M
For you is your faith, and for me, my faith." [6]
Chapter 109 "the Unbelievers."
samba voice

Europe

#75026 Jul 25, 2014
Hitler's IDF Terrisom troops way back home.the same way one day they will be in Hell.
Israeli brutal terrisom worse than Hitler's holocaust.
the world had sympathy on Israel but today the same sympathy turned on Hitler because he is far more batter than netanehoo the criminal terrorist.his mother contain the Nazi spam it caused bleeding...
fearless

United States

#75027 Jul 25, 2014
<quoted text>your ignorance is destructive to the Palestinian cause. If that's all u have to bring to the table yet u truly want to help Palestine, then please start defending Israel.
what cause.... SAVAGERY....???

i hope the IDF obliterate some shields...... get it ?

Go ZDF
fearless

United States

#75028 Jul 25, 2014
hey.... isnt this the time of year to sing them old timey jew tunes at the dinner table... you know... for palishitians...

I bet this one is a big fave at "the harbor".....
fearless

United States

#75029 Jul 25, 2014
was that your bar ? and as always... how are banana sales ?

enter Break the ice

Hey... i'm an ice breaker
fearless 2 pandering dope

United States

#75030 Jul 25, 2014
<quoted text> an honest, sincere question:where do you propose the people of Gaza go for shelter if not hide within their own homes? I truly want to give advise as to where they should take cover but I honestly have no good ideas. Yours?
with all the cash they get... how about building air raid shelters... you pathetic fcuking pandering dope... its NOT COMPLICATED.... countries WHO CARE, have built them since the invention of THE BOMB !!!!!!!!!!

I just dont know... maybe they should hide amongst gazan rocket lobbers... Ms I cant figiure it out ????!!!!!

or maybe they can go to one of the inhumaine starvation malls about town ?
fearless

United States

#75031 Jul 25, 2014
<quoted text> obviously the term Semite exceeds your limited knowledge of common vocabulary. Please rephrase. Better yet, save the O2 and STFU
I love how ISLAMICS or their panderers.... love to ORDER people to STFU,. on amercan free speech FORUMS...

filthy savages... they invade then DEMAND...

i guess allah insists....
fearless

United States

#75032 Jul 25, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they should have built bomb shelters to protect their people if they knew they were going to shell Israeli citizens, instead of using the concrete for tunnels to infiltrate Israel?
But hey when you guarantee 72 Virgins why build a bomb shelter?
my bad... I hadnt realised the SIMPLE FCUKING QUESTION WAS ANSWERED.....

Hamas was to busy feeding the pig abASS.. and buying him mercedes benz's...... did that savage eat the entire heard of steaks...???

I love how your from NY... or USA... but are told ... no ordered.... no yelled at.... to... STFU.

you know, on your own countries free speech forums....

How come islamics dont have free speech forums that they can order infidels around on ?

now thats a SIMPLE QUESTION.....
fearless

United States

#75033 Jul 25, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text>
to bad you werent on a downed algerian airplane.....
fearless

United States

#75034 Jul 25, 2014
<quoted text> an honest, sincere question:where do you propose the people of Gaza go for shelter if not hide within their own homes?
muslims are fcuking stupid....

BOMB BUNKERS,( hopefully poorly made) stupid woman... you know mostly of the islamic dopish bint ilk........
fearless

United States

#75035 Jul 25, 2014
I think all gazans should hide at active launch sites....

Should make hamas happy to have the extra work for pallywood studios.
fearless

United States

#75036 Jul 25, 2014
This time of year, i'd like to leave you with this melody.....

Im dreaming of a white crispness.... just like the one in gaza not long ago.... where the rockets whistlin and roof tops glisten...

Go ZDF
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#75037 Jul 25, 2014
fearless wrote:
I think all gazans should hide at active launch sites....
Should make hamas happy to have the extra work for pallywood studios.
Are you posting for your bar mitzvah, huh?

BBC: A premature baby has been delivered from a woman killed in a Israeli airstrike on Gaza.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#75038 Jul 25, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text>
What of the faith of the Islamic State? Are these the same Muslims as you? Are you satisfied with the destruction of the Nabi Yunus?
fearless

United States

#75039 Jul 25, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Are you posting for your bar mitzvah, huh?
BBC: A premature baby has been delivered from a woman killed in a Israeli airstrike on Gaza.
I hope it dies.... for its sake and if its a male, the planets sake...

im not a jew... i just love em....
fearless

United States

#75040 Jul 25, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Are you posting for your bar mitzvah, huh?
hey... but if its a girl, we can pass her around to all the islamic savages... you have what... 6 years to save up airfare ? huh STEWpid....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 186,855
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 52,700
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,216,683
amy april 17 5 hr duke86 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr PEllen 99,354
News From the scene of downtown shooting: 'It looked... 13 hr reality is a crutch 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr timmy 71,939
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]