Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 71051 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

SpaceBlues

United States

#75078 Jul 26, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up
Israel's "brutally disproportionate and grossly indiscriminate" bombardment of Gaza must be regarded as a war crime, Labour former deputy prime minister John Prescott said.

Lord Prescott said any other country would be made an international "pariah" if it acted in the same way, as the reported death toll from the offensive against Hamas reached four figures.

And he directly compared the situation in Gaza with a concentration camp, suggesting the Nazi Holocaust should "give Israelis a unique sense of perspective and empathy with the victims of a ghetto".
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#75079 Jul 26, 2014
TRD wrote:
"..
Don't blink.
Israel's "brutally disproportionate and grossly indiscriminate" bombardment of Gaza must be regarded as a war crime, Labour former deputy prime minister John Prescott said.

Lord Prescott said any other country would be made an international "pariah" if it acted in the same way, as the reported death toll from the offensive against Hamas reached four figures.

And he directly compared the situation in Gaza with a concentration camp, suggesting the Nazi Holocaust should "give Israelis a unique sense of perspective and empathy with the victims of a ghetto".

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#75081 Jul 26, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Israel's "brutally disproportionate and grossly indiscriminate" bombardment of Gaza must be regarded as a war crime, Labour former deputy prime minister John Prescott said.
There is no such thing as proportionate response to terrorism. Hamas is committing war crimes and is a designated terrorist org

Location hidden

#75082 Jul 26, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Israel's "brutally disproportionate and grossly indiscriminate" bombardment of Gaza must be regarded as a war crime, Labour former deputy prime minister John Prescott said.
Please advise what a proportionate response is.

You want Israel to infiltrate Gaza and deliberately murder women and children?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#75083 Jul 26, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Lord Prescott is an idiot just like you. Palestinians are at best second class citizens throughout the Arab world. Rather than matriculate the refugees Arabs perpetuate their misery by forcing them to live in...wait for it...refugee camps which bear a striking resemblance to...anyone? Anyone? That's right, ghettos. They are not allowed to own land or in most cases practice their professions or participate in government. They are pawns of the Arab nation which uses them as a wedge in Israel's door.

Where was Lord Prescott while 2,275 Palestinians were being murdered by their Muslim brothers in Syria? Were they firing thousands of rockets into Homs or tunneling their suicide bombers into Muadamyat? No, they were killed simply because they were there and people like you don't consider it a tragedy at all when Muslims kill other Muslims. Don't let the door hit you on your way out you stuttering jackwagon.
Nana4pali

Safety Harbor, FL

#75084 Jul 26, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>You know how it goes...you hold hands, a romantic walk on the beach, the moon beaming romance down on you...then the conversation moves to Pythagorean theorem. I'm sorry but if she can't find the square of the hypotenuse we're finished...you have to draw the line somewhere.
:)
Nana4pali

Safety Harbor, FL

#75087 Jul 26, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
good article TRD ... one I even dare let my left wing friends read .. lol
another huge demonstration apparently in London today ... I shall avoid it - I "ran into" them last weekend when I was out shopping - and I was utterly depressed the rest of the weekend - they were screaming allahu akbar and "kill the jews" .. useless creatures .. what on earth do they hope to achieve?
I was thinking of going home to get my Star of David to put it on .. but then thought .. nah, I have too much life left ... too much I wanna do (such as taking the bus to New York from London the long way around)...:))
I hope you are well .. shall go out in the great sunshine now and enjoy lunch with friends by the river (Thames)- outside London though ...
----
Oh and saw the Lego story the other day ... not sure now whether it was you or VoP - Lego is of course danish and made up of 2 words "Leg Godt" .. meaning "play well" -- and I believe they were banned as unislamic in several countries after the "Cartoongate" affair -- just like Danish pastries were still imported - frozen - but were called "Rose of Mohammed" ...
dear God, I can't imagine living anywhere in which, in today's day and age, people gathered in large masses to shout about how they wish death on someone(s)...anyone. That is WAAAY too much hate for my buds. In America, freedom of speech means freedom to say whatever you like as long as you're not threatening their lives. Pretty much that's what the book says
Nana4pali

Safety Harbor, FL

#75088 Jul 26, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>No video? Sorry, you know how I get when people start trying to exploit white phosphorous. You are formidable.
How's the other side of the family? I hope the problems with the Russians haven't affected Ukrainian family. Funny...when the conflict popped up your mom was the first one I thought of.
:) my grandma (Baba) was the first that I thought of... Sovereignty coming too late in her lifetime for her to ever get a chance to look back; one last time feeling the wind run through her hair as she danced in the fields of wheat... She used to tell me so many stories<3 she'd be sad to know that sweet yet still delicate freedom is at risk once again.
Nana4pali

Safety Harbor, FL

#75089 Jul 26, 2014
Hate troublemaking arabs wrote:
<quoted text>
Your MOTHER you SON-OF-A-BITCH. Now you can hate me.
wait in line patiently and my mother will gladly ring up your cigarettes and scratch offs, just as soon as she's finished with the customers whom are not paying with EBT.
Thank You,
MNGMT
Nana4pali

Safety Harbor, FL

#75090 Jul 26, 2014
And Asshat, I meant it when I said I'd love to see bomb shelters

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#75091 Jul 27, 2014
Nana4pali wrote:
<quoted text> For a mere glimpse, I thought that you might actually believe in your comment on an esoteric level,; as a basal yet fundamental, unspoken prerequisite for Palestinians to finally achieve.... How you say TRD? Ah, yes, "We the people...."
But of course, all I had to do was read on to snap right out of it. When in Rome, TRD. That which is surrounded by shit eventually turns to...ah forget it. You're no different.
Yes, you're right. Abbas was only fulfilling my request when forming a unity government with Hamas. I have always said it didn't make sense for Israel to try to make peace with the PA while Palestinians were divided. Half a peace is no peace at all. Hamas however, never fulfilled their end of the bargain as it pertains to moderating to at least the level of the PA. They shook hands promising to recognize Israel and abandon violence but it never happened and THEN everyone returned to Rome.

Meanwhile, the only contribution I made in that post besides sharing the Brookings article were the words "Don't blink", so yes again, I'm no different than before...still posting thought-provoking material from credible sources along with accurate (if not prescient) commentary and zero tolerance of cross-border rocket fire and terrorist tunnels.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#75092 Jul 27, 2014
Nana4pali wrote:
<quoted text> :) my grandma (Baba) was the first that I thought of... Sovereignty coming too late in her lifetime for her to ever get a chance to look back; one last time feeling the wind run through her hair as she danced in the fields of wheat... She used to tell me so many stories<3 she'd be sad to know that sweet yet still delicate freedom is at risk once again.
Somehow, it will come and somehow, she will know.

Don't tell anyone but I wish Pumbaa was here. He was right all along and I owe him an apology.

Location hidden

#75093 Jul 27, 2014
During Operation Protective Edge, the IDF has been using various methods to damage the Hamas terror tunnel network, including both filling and detonating the tunnels. Methods are selected on a case-by-case basis and based on different operational considerations. The IDF has continued to employ various methods to neutralize Hamas terror tunnels during the humanitarian ceasefire.

Below please find a video of a tunnel detonated last night.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/WqVxMKto4Q8

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#75094 Jul 27, 2014
Nana4pali wrote:
And Asshat, I meant it when I said I'd love to see bomb shelters
Have you been looking?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2014/07/26...

If you tilt your head and squint your eyes you can see underground linear parks where the population can safely take refuge while their Hamas leadership slowly commits suicide. Oh wait...my bad...only Hamas ever gets to play in these parks.
Hate troublemaking arabs

Bronx, NY

#75095 Jul 27, 2014
Nana4pali wrote:
<quoted text> wait in line patiently and my mother will gladly ring up your cigarettes and scratch offs, just as soon as she's finished with the customers whom are not paying with EBT.
Thank You,
MNGMT
You welcome.
Observer

Cape Town, South Africa

#75096 Jul 27, 2014
We don have to look at the Protocols of Zion to realise that Zionists see everyone who is a Non jew as a "goy" or cattle whom they can abuse,cheat and con without obtaining the wrath of god.One simply have to look in the Holy book that Zionists hold dear the "Talmud" to find all these gems.If only every non jew would read this they will understand what zionists think of them why they are are so spineless,gutless and cruel.

Location hidden

#75097 Jul 27, 2014
Observer wrote:
We don have to look at the Protocols of Zion to realise that Zionists see everyone who is a Non jew as a "goy" or cattle whom they can abuse,cheat and con without obtaining the wrath of god.One simply have to look in the Holy book that Zionists hold dear the "Talmud" to find all these gems.If only every non jew would read this they will understand what zionists think of them why they are are so spineless,gutless and cruel.
I'll have to take this up at the next Elders meeting.

However, you do understand the Protocols is a forgery and fake. But then again every ant-semite knows that.

Location hidden

#75098 Jul 27, 2014
terrorism pays wellÂ….very well...

Meet the Hamas billionaires

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-the-phenom...
Observer

Cape Town, South Africa

#75099 Jul 27, 2014
Scirocco. I always thought the Protocols to be a fake but the more i look at world events today and how it fits in with what i read in the Protocols the more i am beginning to believe it might be the truth.After all, the test of truth is when everything comes to pass that is written in the book.
As for the Talmudic scripture dont bother to ask the Elders,simply find a copy and read it or maybe you have already. Maybe the truth is to difficult to bear.
Hate troublemaking arabs

Bronx, NY

#75100 Jul 27, 2014
scirocco wrote:
terrorism pays wellÂ….very well...
Meet the Hamas billionaires
http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-the-phenom...
........and may they burn in HELL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Leeward Outlier 225,504
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min USAsince1680 1,431,700
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr PEllen 6,743
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr PEllen 9,523
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr PEllen 2,060
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr PEllen 3,181
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,660
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr CrunchyBacon 103,618

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages