Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 70958 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#75054 Jul 26, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Are you posting for your bar mitzvah, huh?
BBC: A premature baby has been delivered from a woman killed in a Israeli airstrike on Gaza.
All muslims are premature , all their stinking lives.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#75055 Jul 26, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
Hey, you..!!
Watch your side posts...
..and the hinges too.. Spray some WD40 on them .. goddamnit..!!
http://cleggslocksmiths.ie/userfiles/Crash%20... (1).jpg
Error 404 File not found

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#75056 Jul 26, 2014
Hundreds of dead terrorists .....
Hamas hides bodies - ashamed of their big defeat

Location hidden

#75057 Jul 26, 2014
Watch Hamas members beat who leaves his home in Gaza after the IDF's requests to leave the houses.

They make use of civilian shields, now you decide who performs a "massacre" and war crimes!

http://www.kooker.co.il/%D7%A6%D7%A4%D7%95-%D...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#75058 Jul 26, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
Hey, you..!!
Watch your side posts...
..and the hinges too.. Spray some WD40 on them .. goddamnit..!!
http://cleggslocksmiths.ie/userfiles/Crash%20... (1).jpg
You know how it goes...you hold hands, a romantic walk on the beach, the moon beaming romance down on you...then the conversation moves to Pythagorean theorem. I'm sorry but if she can't find the square of the hypotenuse we're finished...you have to draw the line somewhere.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#75059 Jul 26, 2014
fearless wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh... so your saying you dont like muslim women in general... stupid fcuks that they are.
Not at all. I already know too many MILFy ones.

Location hidden

#75062 Jul 26, 2014
Long live the small difference that our army updates citizens in gaza when and where to evacuate to forbid not to hurt innocent bystanders (if any) as opposed to "innocent" from the other side who are looking to harm civilians and children in Israel and take pride when it happens.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#75063 Jul 26, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text>
For you is your faith, and for me, my faith." [6]
Chapter 109 "the Unbelievers."
Capital M Muslim is a religion…..small m muslim is not. The prophets were Jewish, not capital M Muslim.

Wake up

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#75064 Jul 26, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
good article TRD ... one I even dare let my left wing friends read .. lol
another huge demonstration apparently in London today ... I shall avoid it - I "ran into" them last weekend when I was out shopping - and I was utterly depressed the rest of the weekend - they were screaming allahu akbar and "kill the jews" .. useless creatures .. what on earth do they hope to achieve?
I was thinking of going home to get my Star of David to put it on .. but then thought .. nah, I have too much life left ... too much I wanna do (such as taking the bus to New York from London the long way around)...:))
I hope you are well .. shall go out in the great sunshine now and enjoy lunch with friends by the river (Thames)- outside London though ...
----
Oh and saw the Lego story the other day ... not sure now whether it was you or VoP - Lego is of course danish and made up of 2 words "Leg Godt" .. meaning "play well" -- and I believe they were banned as unislamic in several countries after the "Cartoongate" affair -- just like Danish pastries were still imported - frozen - but were called "Rose of Mohammed" ...
I don't understand how Europeans tolerate hate speech regardless of who is using it or to whom it's directed. Truly free speech won't lead to violence because in truly free places people live by rule of law. Suggesting that anyone be killed is assault...actually doing it is murder.

Interesting that there actually exists a ban on Legos...I was just joking :>)) Another example of Muslims (take Havarti, for example) shooting themselves in the foot. Their intolerance deprives their kids of those wonderful educational toys. Good on them! All that superb cheese and those delicious pastries are just a Zionist plot to clog their arteries anyway.

It's hot and muggy here and there isn't a cloud in the sky right now but typical of Florida in the summertime, there will be thunderstorms later this afternoon. I bring that up because around here, the big deals are Disney, Universal Studios, Sea World and NASA. For the last week every attempt to launch a rocket carrying three satellites has been scrubbed because of weather. I can't describe how it feels to stand in my back yard and watch them rise off our east coast.

Have a wonderful day!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#75065 Jul 26, 2014
This is a must read….

'THIS IS AN OFFENSIVE WAR': AN INSIDE LOOK AT THE CAMPAIGN TO TAKE DOWN HAMAS

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/07/26...
Hate troublemaking arabs

Bronx, NY

#75066 Jul 26, 2014
Efrat wrote:
Watch Hamas members beat who leaves his home in Gaza after the IDF's requests to leave the houses.
They make use of civilian shields, now you decide who performs a "massacre" and war crimes!
http://www.kooker.co.il/%D7%A6%D7%A4%D7%95-%D...
I can't believe they are beating their own people for leaving. That is truly sick. Just another example of how sick arabs really are. DISGUSTING.
Nana4pali

Safety Harbor, FL

#75068 Jul 26, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Or what? You are ridiculous.
You parade your hatred under the banner "Hate troublemaking arabs" and yet you claim you don't hate. You blow in here making irresponsible statements and posing demands where you have absolutely no authority. If you are interested in sharing the reasons for your hatred, we're all ears (or eyes) but you aren't, are you? You just look for a platform to spew your venom. Go back to Blaming Israel...those idiots deserve your vitriol and are more than willing to rise to your challenge. Around here you can stick your demands where the sun doesn't shine because honestly, opinions are like assholes and we get more than our share of those drifting through here without you adding to the traffic. You may, at your discretion, go fcuk yourself....that's the only authority you have around here.
I took care of it. Gang raped it all by my lonesome; one fist, one flagpole and one candlestick. Now it can rightfully claim cause to hate all Arabs.... But instead it keeps leaving voicemails for the next availability in my busy schedule. Smh... Can't take a hint. Once is all you get. After that, itll just have to watch the video I sent if it wans a piece of this.
Gray

Richmond, VA

#75069 Jul 26, 2014
FLUSHING GENOCIDAL HASBARATS

I encourage all opponents to Israel's "final Solution" aka Plan Dalet to read the WHOLE article from which these excerpts are taken:

“Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked”
http://www.thenation.com/article/180783/five -...#

“Israel claims that it is merely exercising its right to self-defense and that Gaza is no longer occupied. Here’s what you need to know about these talking points and more”
EXCERPT “Israel’s propaganda machine, however, insists that these Palestinians wanted to die (“culture of martyrdom”), staged their own death (“telegenically dead”) or were the tragic victims of Hamas’s use of civilian infrastructure for military purposes (“human shielding”).

In all instances, the military power is blaming the victims for their own deaths,

In effect, Israel—along with uncritical mainstream media that unquestionably accept this discourse—

1) Israel is exercising its right to self-defense.

As the occupying power of the Gaza Strip, and the Palestinian Territories more broadly, Israel has an obligation and a duty to protect the civilians under its occupation.
It cannot simultaneously occupy the territory and declare war upon them.
Israel does have the right to defend itself against rocket attacks, but it must do so in accordance with occupation law and not other laws of war.
Israel denies Palestinians the right to govern and protect themselves, while simultaneously invoking the right to self-defense. This is a conundrum and a violation of international law,

2) Israel pulled out of Gaza in 2005.

Palestinians have yet to experience a day of self-governance. Israel immediately imposed a siege upon the Gaza Strip when Hamas won parliamentary elections in January 2006 and tightened it severely when Hamas routed Fatah in June 2007. The siege has created a “humanitarian catastrophe” in the Gaza Strip. Inhabitants will not be able to access clean water, electricity or tend to even the most urgent medical needs.

3) This Israeli operation, among others, was caused by rocket fire from Gaza.
Empirical evidence from 2008, 2012 and 2014 refute that claim. Hamas rocket fire increases in response to Israeli military attacks and decreases in direct correlation to them. Cease-fires have brought the greatest security to the region.
Israel deliberately provoked this war with Hamas. Without producing a shred of evidence, it accused the political faction of kidnapping and murdering three settlers

4) Israel avoids civilian casualties, but Hamas aims to kill civilians.

With the use of drones, F-16s and an arsenal of modern weapon technology, Israel has the ability to target single individuals and therefore to avoid civilian casualties. But rather than avoid them, Israel has repeatedly targeted civilians as part of its military operations

The Dahiya Doctrine is central to these operations and refers to Israel’s indiscriminate attacks on Lebanon in 2006. Maj. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot said that this would be applied elsewhere:
What happened in the Dahiya quarter of Beirut in 2006 will happen in every village from which Israel is fired on.[…] We will apply disproportionate force on it and cause great damage and destruction there. From our standpoint, these are not civilian villages, they are military bases.

5) Hamas hides its weapons in homes, mosques and schools and uses human shields.
This is arguably one of Israel’s most insidious claims, because it blames Palestinians for their own death and deprives them of even their victimhood.

Israel has yet to prove that Hamas has used civilian infrastructure to store military weapons. The two cases where Hamas indeed stored weapons in UNRWA schools, the schools were empty. UNRWA discovered the rockets and publicly condemned the violation of its sanctity.
________

At plain sight, these numbers indicate Israel’s egregious violations of humanitarian law, ones that amount to war crimes.CONTINUED
Gray

Richmond, VA

#75071 Jul 26, 2014
ISRAELI HASBARA AT FULL STEAM
Hate troublemaking arabs wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe they are beating their own people for leaving. That is truly sick. Just another example of how sick arabs really are. DISGUSTING.
Perhaps you haven's seen videos of Israeli Settlers beating American Christians.

The difference is we are funding Israeli Settlers.

If you cherry pick your videos closely enough you can find out the sickness of any ethnic group

You've yet to respond to the much "sicker" Zionist "Final Solution" Plan Dalet that clearly spells out how Palestine's native Christians, Muslims, Copts etc are to be Exterminated & Expelled from their homes of generations

OR

How I was able to hitch hike throughout the Islamic world for 10 -11 months, relying on the hospitality & kindness of the native Arabs and not encounter a single hostile incident.

Have you ever been to a Muslim country or lived among Muslims

Now, THIS is REALLY sick:

EXCERPT "In the over thee weeks of its military operation, Israel has demolished 3,175 homes, at least a dozen with families inside;

destroyed five hospitals and six clinics;

partially damaged sixty-four mosques and two churches;

partially to completely destroyed eight government ministries;

injured 4,620;

and killed over 700 Palestinians."CONTINUED

At plain sight, these numbers indicate Israel’s egregious violations of humanitarian law, ones that amount to war crimes.CONTINUED

http://www.thenation.com/article/180783/five-... #
_________

PS: Do you also hate "troublemaking blacks"?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#75072 Jul 26, 2014
Nana4pali wrote:
<quoted text> I took care of it. Gang raped it all by my lonesome; one fist, one flagpole and one candlestick. Now it can rightfully claim cause to hate all Arabs.... But instead it keeps leaving voicemails for the next availability in my busy schedule. Smh... Can't take a hint. Once is all you get. After that, itll just have to watch the video I sent if it wans a piece of this.
No video? Sorry, you know how I get when people start trying to exploit white phosphorous. You are formidable.

How's the other side of the family? I hope the problems with the Russians haven't affected Ukrainian family. Funny...when the conflict popped up your mom was the first one I thought of.
Hate troublemaking arabs

Bronx, NY

#75073 Jul 26, 2014
Nana4pali wrote:
<quoted text> I took care of it. Gang raped it all by my lonesome; one fist, one flagpole and one candlestick. Now it can rightfully claim cause to hate all Arabs.... But instead it keeps leaving voicemails for the next availability in my busy schedule. Smh... Can't take a hint. Once is all you get. After that, itll just have to watch the video I sent if it wans a piece of this.

Your MOTHER you SON-OF-A-BITCH. Now you can hate me.
Nana4pali

Safety Harbor, FL

#75074 Jul 26, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they should have built bomb shelters to protect their people if they knew they were going to shell Israeli citizens, instead of using the concrete for tunnels to infiltrate Israel?
But hey when you guarantee 72 Virgins why build a bomb shelter?
I agree. I would live to see bomb shelters. D'ya think those shelters won't be bombed or d'ya think they HAVE to be bombed bc, based on the title, they're made for attempted shelter rom bombing.... So efficacy must be tested, right? Kinda like any other shelter in garza, nothing is off limits
Hate troublemaking arabs

Bronx, NY

#75075 Jul 26, 2014
Gray wrote:
ISRAELI HASBARA AT FULL STEAM
<quoted text>
Perhaps you haven's seen videos of Israeli Settlers beating American Christians.
The difference is we are funding Israeli Settlers.
If you cherry pick your videos closely enough you can find out the sickness of any ethnic group
You've yet to respond to the much "sicker" Zionist "Final Solution" Plan Dalet that clearly spells out how Palestine's native Christians, Muslims, Copts etc are to be Exterminated & Expelled from their homes of generations
OR
How I was able to hitch hike throughout the Islamic world for 10 -11 months, relying on the hospitality & kindness of the native Arabs and not encounter a single hostile incident.
Have you ever been to a Muslim country or lived among Muslims
Now, THIS is REALLY sick:
EXCERPT "In the over thee weeks of its military operation, Israel has demolished 3,175 homes, at least a dozen with families inside;
destroyed five hospitals and six clinics;
partially damaged sixty-four mosques and two churches;
partially to completely destroyed eight government ministries;
injured 4,620;
and killed over 700 Palestinians."CONTINUED
http://www.thenation.com/article/180783/five-... #
_________
PS: Do you also hate "troublemaking blacks"?
.....DISCONTINUED

I have heard all this before.(YAWNING)

Secondly have you ever thought that all of those bastard arabs deserve everything they are getting. Thirdly, you do not know if I am Muslim or not and I will not advise you of that either. The topic has nothing to do with my ethnicity. I have never ever met an Arabic person who does not work in a "collective group" respecting other people. May be they are out there or may be not, but I won't lose any sleep finding out if there is. I could care less.

Lastly I do live around many Muslim people Black, White an arabic who by the way the arabs use to hide behind to do their dirty work. I have seen those bastard arabs cause so much trouble on a daily basis with their FUNKY corner stores. So save it.
fearless

United States

#75076 Jul 26, 2014
Nana4pali wrote:
<quoted text> I agree. I would live to see bomb shelters. D'ya think those shelters won't be bombed or d'ya think they HAVE to be bombed bc, based on the title, they're made for attempted shelter rom bombing.... So efficacy must be tested, right? Kinda like any other shelter in garza, nothing is off limits
typical islam ic scumbag arguement... first the stooge wonder in amazment wher would they go..... besides their homes...

Once told... the fcuking stooge pretends shes a fcuking engineer and .... claims said shelters are DEFICIENT or even worst TARGETS... typical islamic scummery.... theyre outraged at EVERYTHING.... religion of fcuking complaining backsliding scum and their panderers...

they should hide in AbASS fat ass..... the blubber might actually protect the palishitians lodged in there.....

now everyone sing... throw the jew down the well, so my palish!tz can be free....
SpaceBlues

United States

#75077 Jul 26, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>No video? Sorry, you know how I get when people start trying to exploit white phosphorous. You are formidable.
How's the other side of the family? I hope the problems with the Russians haven't affected Ukrainian family. Funny...when the conflict popped up your mom was the first one I thought of.
Israel's "brutally disproportionate and grossly indiscriminate" bombardment of Gaza must be regarded as a war crime, Labour former deputy prime minister John Prescott said.

Lord Prescott said any other country would be made an international "pariah" if it acted in the same way, as the reported death toll from the offensive against Hamas reached four figures.

And he directly compared the situation in Gaza with a concentration camp, suggesting the Nazi Holocaust should "give Israelis a unique sense of perspective and empathy with the victims of a ghetto".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,419,666
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 59 min Not Documented 61,059
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Phil 222,647
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr honeymylove 2,427
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 7 hr Master L-Bates 8
Star news is Annoying. 7 hr Jerkt toff 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages