Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 71288 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Taeb

Tizi Ouzou, Algeria

#74948 Jul 23, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Taeb you seem like a reasonable person, let me ask you...doesn't is seem a little reckless of Abd al-Malik to build the third most holy site in Islam on top of THE most holy site in Judaism? What do you suppose was the message he was trying to send?
To answer this question, you need to know our religion first.

Let me explain to you what means the word ISLAM,

It means peace, purity, submission and obedience. it means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law.

All prophet who lived in that region ( Jerusalem ) were pure, obedient submitted to the will of God.
And that means, all prophet were Muslims,

Islam is not an ethnicity, all people around the world can be pure and obedient to the law of God,

God ordered us Muslim to follow his prophets.

That's why Jerusalem is holy for us.

a mosque can be built or destroyed by any human being.

but the Holiness does not go away, always in our souls

This is an answer to your question in my opinion.
danetoo

London, UK

#74949 Jul 23, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>As if we needed another excuse, your choice of spirits confirms our kindred spirits.
yes, glenlivet is excellent ...)

you can't beat the "scottish taste"

I am going to Scotland soon - some American friends of mine are going there to play the pipes .. there's a festival going on at that time

I prefer jazz .. lol ... but will put in ear plugs and get on with it - as it'll be lovely to see my friends again and shall look forward to "a dram" .. I guess women are now allowed in Scottish pubs even :))

Was planning to travel to israel - but with the airports closed ...

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#74950 Jul 23, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text>
It means peace, purity, submission and obedience. it means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law.
All prophet who lived in that region ( Jerusalem ) were pure, obedient submitted to the will of God.
Islam is not an ethnicity, all people around the world can be pure and obedient to the law of God,
Your explanation is false.

Islam is a religion, capital I. Islam, submitting to Allah, is with a small i, islam.

One need not be Muslim or follow Islam, to submit to Allah. In fact none of the prophets prior to Mohammed were Muslims or followed Islam, capital I. They submitted to Allah in their own way, small i.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74951 Jul 23, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
I was losing my faith.
All day long we didn't even have a text from Ismail Haniyeh .
I started worrying ... maybe something is wrong with the rocket launchers..
However, Allahu Akbharrr....
LOCAL TIME 21:05
HAMAS SHOT 12 ROCKET AT THE CENTRAL PART OF THE COUNTRY.
THE SCORE
TEL AVIV - 4
GAZA - 0
Four rockets intercepted and destroyed ...... da'other eight last seen flying over Florida.
TRD get off your axs collect all the junk and FedEx it to Uzi's address.
On Friday cousin Benny, before signing us weekend free passes ... he goes over all the invoices, orders and shipping doc's. If something isn't square, nobody goes home..
Benny will have to wait until Bass Pro Shop reverse engineers them and re-purposes them for deer hunting.
Tixy

Maidenhead, UK

#74952 Jul 23, 2014
All of them are idiots all believing in pixies at the bottom of the garden we would all be better off without ignorant people who believe they are the chosen ones Ban religion

Then what are you all going to argue about

It's time the human race grew up and ditched religion
voice of peace

Israel

#74953 Jul 23, 2014
Tixy, the Brits ... you are all Kaffirs..

You were offered a god ... and you refused it ..

http://www.neitileu.no/var/nteu/storage/image...

Good for you..!!
Nowadays .. nobody trusts that god..
voice of peace

Israel

#74954 Jul 23, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to Scotland soon - some American friends of mine are going there to play the pipes .. there's a festival going on at that time
I prefer jazz .. lol ... but will put in ear plugs and get on with it - as it'll be lovely to see my friends again and shall look forward to "a dram" .. I guess women are now allowed in Scottish pubs even :))

Let me tell you the latest..

A friend of mine that works at Ben Gurion Airport says it's less than 30% the flow of passengers affected.

His copain says this is all a charade to give some promo to an old existing but not funded yet plan, to build a huge international airport to be shared by Jordan and Israel by the Red sea (Aqaba, Eilat).

This was one of Shimon Peres "regional integration" ideas, in order to have high traffic of Europeans going down to the Red Sea to be scalped at the hotels, restaurant, attractions and gift shops...

As we were exchanging opinions, Khaled Mishal pops up on TV and declares. You m.f. Israelis put a sea blockade to Gaza ... well, I put a space blockade on you..

Do you think, Khaled Mishal is being paid for the contractors of the airport by the Red Sea..??

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74955 Jul 23, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response Taeb and for confirming some of the things I already knew about Islam. Just so you know, I enjoy spirited discussions with several Muslim friends and consider myself aware of at least the basic tenets of your faith. Always eager to learn more though.

I understand your passion and your process but I ask you to consider that there are other, older religions who call Jerusalem home and that with the exception of Muhammad (PBUH), all the other prophets before him were Jews. With that in mind, why would Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan build the dome directly over the most important site in Judaism? Both our books speak of the covenant between Jews and the almighty and the rightful place of the Jews in Israel. Why would the Caliph, a Muslim man, ignore the word of God as conveyed in the book of Genesis and Surat al-Ma 'ida?

Can you see how Jews might feel the same pain about Arabs desecrating their holy temple as the thought of Jews desecrating your holy site causes you?
danetoo

London, UK

#74956 Jul 23, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
Let me tell you the latest..
A friend of mine that works at Ben Gurion Airport says it's less than 30% the flow of passengers affected.
His copain says this is all a charade to give some promo to an old existing but not funded yet plan, to build a huge international airport to be shared by Jordan and Israel by the Red sea (Aqaba, Eilat).
This was one of Shimon Peres "regional integration" ideas, in order to have high traffic of Europeans going down to the Red Sea to be scalped at the hotels, restaurant, attractions and gift shops...
As we were exchanging opinions, Khaled Mishal pops up on TV and declares. You m.f. Israelis put a sea blockade to Gaza ... well, I put a space blockade on you..
Do you think, Khaled Mishal is being paid for the contractors of the airport by the Red Sea..??
There are no flights out of London anyway .. unless a "magic carpet ride" could be booked .. via Paris, Rome, Athens -- which I did after Yom Kippur ... just the other way - back to Copenhagen after the ceasefire

I don't like Eilat ...so not going to buy into that Red Sea malarkey ...

He's put a space blockade?? That is of course the guy in Qattar who announced tonight or some time that he would be "willing to die for gaza" ... "die laughing ? eating?? from too many wives??

... did you know there's poo in space .. floating around for centuries to come ... aliens will come, take a sniff and disappear again

and we may have ... or not "we" .. THEY may have had their evolution from poo from another civilisation ..!!(of course not me .. but "them")

Look

Tixy

Maidenhead, UK

#74957 Jul 23, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
Tixy, the Brits ... you are all Kaffirs..
You were offered a god ... and you refused it ..
http://www.neitileu.no/var/nteu/storage/image...
Good for you..!!
Nowadays .. nobody trusts that god..
Maybe we are but we are not so ignorant to believe in pixies at the bottom of the garden
danetoo

London, UK

#74958 Jul 23, 2014
*I've got pixies* - jez sayin'... but that may be because I am scandinavian .. they follow us around ..

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74960 Jul 23, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how I skipped this response but I apologize for my tardiness. We have Scots in the family on my wife's side. It wasn't until we were married and with their help that I developed a taste for single malt. Her brother wore a kilt to his wedding opposite his bride in a kimono. It's California...what are you going to do?

Ordinarily I'd be all over a summer holiday in Israel but not this year. It's an old habit but I try to stay out of situations where I'm the least armed person in the room. You should sign up at the Glenlivet site to become a Guardian. Your dram at the distillery will be on them and starting in London you have an actual chance of making it to the tasting room.

http://uk.theglenlivet.com/agegateway...
HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers

Bethesda, MD

#74961 Jul 23, 2014
danetoo wrote:
*I've got pixies*- jez sayin'... but that may be because I am scandinavian .. they follow us around ..
Scandinavian, VIC Pincipe?

The HINDUSTINK gayladyboy must be daydreaming.

ya ex Muslim tosspot.
voice of peace

Israel

#74962 Jul 23, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm not sure, but I think that is what I use when I have long drives in the country.
"Long drives" is just a figure of speech, only for the purpose of a quicky (joke)
How long can be a drive on a joke-country that is altogether .. seven thousand sq. miles big..??

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74963 Jul 23, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
I'm not sure, but I think that is what I use when I have long drives in the country.
"Long drives" is just a figure of speech, only for the purpose of a quicky (joke)
How long can be a drive on a joke-country that is altogether .. seven thousand sq. miles big..??
There was a time in his prime when Tiger could have played the length of Israel in around 1493 strokes and nailed every waitress and neighbor's daughter along the way.
voice of peace

Israel

#74964 Jul 23, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>There was a time in his prime when Tiger could have played the length of Israel in around 1493 strokes and nailed every waitress and neighbor's daughter along the way.

No way, Jose.
Waitresses, I learned early in life ... are like cream cakes.
You touched'it you bought it...

Many moons ago, when we were in college, this Alain Delon looking friend ..
He couldn't figure how many centimeters on a meter ... but he knew how to talk.

There was this place on the ground floor of the College, where we could have a sandwich and a glass of cold water with sugar and paint on it .. subsidized by the gov.(Godbless them ... we used to take one home for dinner too).

There was this big boobs chick behind the counter preparing, serving and collecting... which many of us thought her boobs where the real reason why we ate so many sandwiches..

Alain Delon dropped a coin on her slot ... and Jackpot..!! Twinsss..!!
He left College and went to Sinai to drive a truck .. to keep sweetheart home raising those twins.

Don't ask me how, but Alain Delon got to be the Mayor of one of our cities in the south. On F'book, today he looks hotter than on the days we ate sandwiches and cheated on the tests ...

... recapping ... you see a waitress, walk on the other side of the street ...unless you are determined to raise twins ....
Alon

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74965 Jul 24, 2014
Hamas leaders eliminated or removable holes
(rats )with raised hands and whit flag....
AM ISRAEL CHAI !
danetoo

London, UK

#74966 Jul 24, 2014
They're flying again - not just to Eilat !!

Yipee!!
Alon

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74967 Jul 24, 2014
voice of peace

Israel

#74968 Jul 24, 2014
I did it for you, danetoo. Pulled some strings in Washington ...
,,,,a hundred zlotes here, a hundred zlotes there ......and there you have it...
The Europeans followed suit..
They don't have a mind of themselves ....(hahahahahaha)

Don't fly via Kuala Lumpur, Burkina Faso or Kiev ... someone is chasing airplanes like butterflies at those places.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/24/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Ted 1,536,410
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Churchlady 240,955
An EF-5 tornado would knock the Willis Tower ri... 51 min Storm guy 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 10,712
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3,648
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6,930
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mooooooo 63,621

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages