Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 71285 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

fearless cartoonio

United States

#74858 Jul 21, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes tzoah!! it is soooo Easy, if you come to take my land I will never let you take it for free, I wont talk more I hope you understand.
Go D9's..... making the land of milk and honey, one useless piece of desert at a time.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Go Iron Dome
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#74860 Jul 21, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Alright, alright...which one of Uzi's relatives are you?
Sharp eyes you got , still.
He is one of our best
voice of peace

Israel

#74861 Jul 21, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Alright, alright...which one of Uzi's relatives are you?

Da'auntie from Brooklyn.
Hi, Becca..!!

We had a date.
She's not into fooling around.
She's looking for a nice guy with moneyyyy, to get married.... and before da'sugar got dissolved on our first cup of tea together, auntie understood that I'm diametrically the opposite of what she's looking for ....
So I didn't get to taste "the homemade cake". Gabbisch..??
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#74862 Jul 21, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes tzoah!! it is soooo Easy, if you come to take my land I will never let you take it for free, I wont talk more I hope you understand.
We do not want YOUR land we just want our tiny piece that belongs to us. Hope you understand.
voice of peace

Israel

#74863 Jul 21, 2014
fearless cartoonio wrote:
<quoted text>
Go D9's..... making the land of milk and honey, one useless piece of desert at a time.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Go Iron Dome

Go DBS..!!
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#74864 Jul 21, 2014
Hamas Insists Gazans Remain at Home as Human Shields.
Friday, July 11, 2014 | Ryan Jones.

Hamas on Thursday issued a veiled command for the residents of Gaza to ignore Israeli warnings of impending aerial strikes and to remain in their homes as human shields.

Israel routinely warns Palestinians, even targeted terrorist leaders, of planned strikes on their homes at least 5–10 minutes before the bombs actually fall. Most often, these warnings come in the form of a telephone call or a “knock on the roof” using low-impact mortar shells.

The reason homes are targeted is because Hamas typically hides its weapons in and launches its attacks from nearby civilian population centers. Additionally, Israel has been bombing the homes of senior Hamas officials, arguing that these locations have become terrorist command and control centers.

The latest Hamas directive came in the form of a request that Gazans not “cooperate” with Israel by paying heed to the advanced warnings.

“The goal of these [Israeli warnings] is to create confusion among the citizens. Citizens are not to heed (or cooperate with) these messages and are not to leave their homes,” read the order issued by the Hamas Ministry of Interior.

In other words, those who do flee their homes when Israel gives them the chance to do so could be labeled as traitors and therefore face a fate far worse than Israeli bombs.

Hamas has intentionally placed the people it rules between a rock and a hard place.

Jimmy Carter and a number of other “respected” international leaders insist these terrorists, who have as much disdain for their own people as they do for their enemies, are a legitimate governing entity and must be negotiated with.

In a 2009 interview with NBC, Carter insisted Hamas could be trusted. He added that “there won’t be peace in the Middle East without Hamas involvement,” and urged the US government and Israel to negotiate with the terror group.

And the West wonders why it has been so unsuccessful in brokering peace.

Taeb

Tizi Ouzou, Algeria

#74865 Jul 21, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not want YOUR land we just want our tiny piece that belongs to us. Hope you understand.
can you explain what do you mean by " Belongs to you" who gave you this right?
voice of peace

Israel

#74866 Jul 21, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text>

IDF' girls rooockkk..!!

Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#74867 Jul 21, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text> can you explain what do you mean by " Belongs to you" who gave you this right?
Can u explain what do you mean England belongs to the English?
France to the French
Germany to the Germans
Italy to the Italians
Russia to the Russians
Arabia to the Arabs
Egypt to the Egyptians
and suprise!!!!!!!!!!1
Israel to the Israelis.
What are you another dumbass arab muslim towelhead???
You sounded smarter than the typical arab asshole.
Sorry, my mistake.
Have a nice day.
voice of peace

Israel

#74868 Jul 21, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text>

Allahu Akbharrrrr..

Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#74869 Jul 21, 2014

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74870 Jul 21, 2014
fearless cartoonio wrote:
<quoted text>
actually.... some of us have a different pool goin... Mine is "islamic savages dead for allah, ramadamn 2014"... Oh they count alright.
Due to Bozo Haram (an islamic invention, calling savages clowns) and ISIS I went way up from last years 3K... to 5k this year.... I hope i win.
so.... im counting on my boys over at Zionist Defense Forces for a little love... not indiscriminately, of course...
but lets just say... for every launch... theres a dead launchist and his buddies...
Ramadan Mubarak Fearless! No doubt Allah (PBUH) is having a record harvest this year. Good luck in the pool although I have a feeling this will turn out to be one of those things where the journey is the reward. I wouldn't have guessed in a hundred years that Islamic jihad could develop a Fantasy League but leave it to you and Faith to be innovators.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74871 Jul 21, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>
Da'auntie from Brooklyn.
Hi, Becca..!!
We had a date.
She's not into fooling around.
She's looking for a nice guy with moneyyyy, to get married.... and before da'sugar got dissolved on our first cup of tea together, auntie understood that I'm diametrically the opposite of what she's looking for ....
So I didn't get to taste "the homemade cake". Gabbisch..??
I understand you didn't get any cake but did you at least get to lick the frosting?
voice of peace

Israel

#74874 Jul 21, 2014
""Lick the frosting"".
... definitely good advise for this summer.
I went downstairs to post this comment ... and what do I get as a puzzle-shmuzzle..??
""angel food""
Now, go figure it....
voice of peace

Israel

#74875 Jul 21, 2014
TRD, repent ... and just to be on the safe side, sell all the stock. This guy doesn't look like he's joking...

http://www.factsofisrael.com/en/images/articl...
voice of peace

Israel

#74876 Jul 21, 2014

After Hamas capitulates in Gaza ... we might stand a chance of having two consecutive years of quiet and peace...

.... well, most likely ..... a couple of months, just until the next shipment of Iranian rockets arrives and gets smuggled through brand new tunnel...

Since: Aug 09

Minneapolis, MN

#74877 Jul 22, 2014
Zioni wrote:
<quoted text>
No unlike Islamists I do not cheer when innocents are killed.
It is however likely that you celebrate the missiles fired at Israeli civilians.
I am a "western person". I don't call anyone anything.
Although since you bring it up there are plenty of teenagers who are already terrorists and since Hamas has yearly child abuse camps no surprise there.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/20/...

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#74878 Jul 22, 2014

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74879 Jul 22, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
TRD, repent ... and just to be on the safe side, sell all the stock. This guy doesn't look like he's joking...
http://www.factsofisrael.com/en/images/articl...
That vagina? He probably has a bigger recipe collection than I do for all the fighting he does. Know how you know you're winning? When this guy starts issuing threats.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74880 Jul 22, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
I know what you're thinking...forget about it. It's a young man's game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Realtime 1,523,624
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Buster Steinbeizer 240,416
A few ITEMS of interest. 2 hr Jocularity is Best 2
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 2 hr EAT PORK 18
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 2 hr AlGoresLyingLockBoX 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 10,599
Scary Obituary 4 hr The Shadow Speaks 16

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages