Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 70718 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

voice of peace

Israel

#74796 Jul 20, 2014
.. heart on it.
voice of peace

Israel

#74797 Jul 20, 2014
Cohen wrote:
Hi mom. I just got out from school, I'm coming home to u. Hope u made my favorite food.
Mom, my 2 friends and I just took a ride. the driver and his friend seem really nice. But wait mom I think something is wrong. They are talking Arabic. I'm wondering what r they talking about. They look very serious all of sudden. I'm just being paranoid right mom? U always told me I am paranoid.. I don't get it mom I think they just missed the turn. Now my friends and I really are worried. I'm trying to get my phone out of my pocket. I think he saw me mom, I think he is mad now.. He stopped the car mom, he's getting out and open the back door. I am scared mom, I see he hate us in his eyes.. But why? I've never seen him before why would he hate me? Is that because I'm Jew? Is that about religion mom? He's yelling now mom - "put your head down, put your hands down" we r screaming we r scared, my friend try's to fight back, but we have no chance mom. They have weapons, I guess we r lost now. Wait mom! There may be still hope. I got my phone and I'm calling the police but quietly, and carefully. They are on the phone now. I whisper those words: ״I got kidnaped" I can tell they are having bad time realizing what's going on, but I did that mom, I know the idf won't stop looking for us until they find us! I know mom, they'll bring me back to u. Right mom? He saw me mom, he knows I called the police. They look very stress now. What r they going to do next? Oh no mom, he's pointing a gun to my friend. I stop my breath and praying hard in my heart he won't shoot. Please don't shoot, don't shoot!! But he does that. My friend is lying on the ground now. Taking his last breaths. And I just can't stop crying. Now my other friend is being shot by them. I can't get it mom.. I really can't get it.. I always wondered how It feels like to be kidnapped.. But it's different that i have ever imagine.. I feel helpless, I feel like I have no chance to survive mom.. And now I think about u, about dad and my little sister.. Please don't cry mom, promise me u won't cry.. I want to see u happy. I will keep u safe up from the sky, I promise.. Just don't cry. I love u mom, all of u. Thank you for everything.. He's pointing his gun on me now mom.. I'm lying on the ground and my breath gets heavy.. And I think I can hear them singing over our bodies. I most be wrong right mom? They can't be that heartless.. I'm looking at the sky. It looks so peaceful. I'm going there now mom. I'm going to heaven.
Naftali Frenkal, eyal Ifrah and gil-ad Shahar were innocent Israelis teens that murdered by Hamas. Please make sure, they Are the lasts.

Cohen, what do you advise/recommend to do in order to deter the next kidnapping that is being planned somewhere around Hevron ..as I write this sentence.
Shananananana4pa li

Safety Harbor, FL

#74798 Jul 20, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>All this genocide-ing going on and you just now drop in. That's a fine how do you do. Leave it to you to pick a nic you can dance to. Sha-sha-nana-na, sha--sha-nana-na.
but if your friends don't dance, then they're...no friends of mine
Shananananana4pa li

Safety Harbor, FL

#74799 Jul 20, 2014
Cohen wrote:
Hi mom. I just got out from school, I'm coming home to u. Hope u made my favorite food.
Mom, my 2 friends and I just took a ride. the driver and his friend seem really nice. But wait mom I think something is wrong. They are talking Arabic. I'm wondering what r they talking about. They look very serious all of sudden. I'm just being paranoid right mom? U always told me I am paranoid.. I don't get it mom I think they just missed the turn. Now my friends and I really are worried. I'm trying to get my phone out of my pocket. I think he saw me mom, I think he is mad now.. He stopped the car mom, he's getting out and open the back door. I am scared mom, I see he hate us in his eyes.. But why? I've never seen him before why would he hate me? Is that because I'm Jew? Is that about religion mom? He's yelling now mom - "put your head down, put your hands down" we r screaming we r scared, my friend try's to fight back, but we have no chance mom. They have weapons, I guess we r lost now. Wait mom! There may be still hope. I got my phone and I'm calling the police but quietly, and carefully. They are on the phone now. I whisper those words: &#1524;I got kidnaped" I can tell they are having bad time realizing what's going on, but I did that mom, I know the idf won't stop looking for us until they find us! I know mom, they'll bring me back to u. Right mom? He saw me mom, he knows I called the police. They look very stress now. What r they going to do next? Oh no mom, he's pointing a gun to my friend. I stop my breath and praying hard in my heart he won't shoot. Please don't shoot, don't shoot!! But he does that. My friend is lying on the ground now. Taking his last breaths. And I just can't stop crying. Now my other friend is being shot by them. I can't get it mom.. I really can't get it.. I always wondered how It feels like to be kidnapped.. But it's different that i have ever imagine.. I feel helpless, I feel like I have no chance to survive mom.. And now I think about u, about dad and my little sister.. Please don't cry mom, promise me u won't cry.. I want to see u happy. I will keep u safe up from the sky, I promise.. Just don't cry. I love u mom, all of u. Thank you for everything.. He's pointing his gun on me now mom.. I'm lying on the ground and my breath gets heavy.. And I think I can hear them singing over our bodies. I most be wrong right mom? They can't be that heartless.. I'm looking at the sky. It looks so peaceful. I'm going there now mom. I'm going to heaven.
Naftali Frenkal, eyal Ifrah and gil-ad Shahar were innocent Israelis teens that murdered by Hamas. Please make sure, they Are the lasts.
naftali, grab mohammed's hand, link hands with all the souls of children lost to racism and hate, and proudly thank each of your mothers for recognizing each other's pain. Then promptly create a wall, a new wall, one that separates the portion of the mind that links race and religion to hate in the eyes of radicals. Build this wall strong, with your blood and your mothers tears. Allow it to tower over the man made wall of shame your government built on the backs of more innocent children. Allow it to tear down the walls built to house rockets firing hopes of death and destruction. Build it strong. Allow it to provide shelter for all; with the strength to hold the weight of all humans, of every race, religion, even political party, that are willing to fight just causes with their minds not their fists. Allow it to crush those that believe violence is the ONLY way. Your bloodshed proves that it's not. Dear children, shout so loudly that God Himself shouts along with you, "People of Israel, of Palestine, STOP punishing the civil for the acts of the uncivil!" Then, sweet babies, rest. Be at peace; and pray that the living join you in peace on earth.
voice of peace

Israel

#74801 Jul 20, 2014
Nana, I read something on the internet and masticated it for about two weeks.

On one opportunity before we started talking, as we always do, about what's wrong with this and that ... and the world ... and how are we going to change it, I asked my friends and neighbors sitting around the table ... how come we can get along well ... while there are those Arabs and Jews that all they have on their minds is killing each other..??

.... to make a long story short... I knew the answer, but I was curious to listen how others explain it.

It took about ten minutes to isolate all those cases where Jews and Arabs are neighbors already two generations, they work at the same garage or same hospital for a long time.

The answer is we have, we found and we developed COMMON INTERESTS..!!

It all has to start from common interests.
From there we will go into respecting each other.
.... then we will get along .. and in some cases will become friends or partners.

A better sample.
This is about a year and a half ago.

My health insurance company organized a course on healthy diet for the family.
We were about 40 Christian Arabs, some Muslims and Jews. Only two Christian couples knew each other from before.
We had a great life experience.
We discovered we have the same weaknesses and needs.
And we realized that at the end of the day, we all want the same.

The course is over ... and we haven't seen much of each other to this date. But, we barbecued in a nearby park .. I was invited to a Maronite Church in Ag'amy. We were planning a four day vacation in Antalya (Turkey).. that now we know is not going to happen.

Distrust, preconceived ideas, unsustainable accusations, second hand lies ... are only good in order to keep each other apart.

Don't answer me now.
Masticate the whole thing first.
danetoo

London, UK

#74802 Jul 20, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
Nana, I read something on the internet and masticated it for about two weeks.
On one opportunity before we started talking, as we always do, about what's wrong with this and that ... and the world ... and how are we going to change it, I asked my friends and neighbors sitting around the table ... how come we can get along well ... while there are those Arabs and Jews that all they have on their minds is killing each other..??
.... to make a long story short... I knew the answer, but I was curious to listen how others explain it.
It took about ten minutes to isolate all those cases where Jews and Arabs are neighbors already two generations, they work at the same garage or same hospital for a long time.
The answer is we have, we found and we developed COMMON INTERESTS..!!
It all has to start from common interests.
From there we will go into respecting each other.
.... then we will get along .. and in some cases will become friends or partners.
A better sample.
This is about a year and a half ago.
My health insurance company organized a course on healthy diet for the family.
We were about 40 Christian Arabs, some Muslims and Jews. Only two Christian couples knew each other from before.
We had a great life experience.
We discovered we have the same weaknesses and needs.
And we realized that at the end of the day, we all want the same.
The course is over ... and we haven't seen much of each other to this date. But, we barbecued in a nearby park .. I was invited to a Maronite Church in Ag'amy. We were planning a four day vacation in Antalya (Turkey).. that now we know is not going to happen.
Distrust, preconceived ideas, unsustainable accusations, second hand lies ... are only good in order to keep each other apart.
Don't answer me now.
Masticate the whole thing first.
what a great post ...

exactly .. common interests ... ideas

from that springs .. understanding .. a feeling of unity -- and from that could spring -- creativity and a sense of being able to explore - to be willing to explore

:))

I like that
Shananananana4pa li

Safety Harbor, FL

#74803 Jul 20, 2014
Sorry I shot the same load twice. It's been a while. I guess I got over excited.
Zioni

Israel

#74804 Jul 20, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>
Comma.
You have to use also the commas.
I am confused..comma .. are you joking?
Gabbisch..??
I'm not sure whose idea was it to use add commas to the written language. But they sure come handy... specially when you are checking the balance on your bank account.
As a rule of thumb ... the more the merrier.
Even if you owe the bank a huuuuge pile of zlotes with many commas you should be happy.
It just means that a some time you lured the fckkn bank into giving you that money...
Will keep that in mind. I don't usually add a lot of punctuation, unless its vital to understanding what I am posting.

Since: Aug 09

Minneapolis, MN

#74805 Jul 20, 2014
Cohen wrote:
Mom, my 2 friends and I just took a ride. the driver and his friend seem really nice. But wait mom I think something is wrong. They are talking Arabic. I'm wondering what r they talking about. They look very serious all of sudden. I'm just being paranoid right mom? U always told me I am paranoid.. I don't get it mom I think they just missed the turn. Now my friends and I really are worried. I'm trying to get my phone out of my pocket. I think he saw me mom, I think he is mad now.. He stopped the car mom, he's getting out and open the back door. I am scared mom, I see he hate us in his eyes.. But why? I've never seen him before why would he hate me? Is that because I'm Jew? Is that about religion mom? He's yelling now mom - "put your head down, put your hands down" we r screaming we r scared, my friend try's to fight back, but we have no chance mom. They have weapons, I guess we r lost now. Wait mom! There may be still hope. I got my phone and I'm calling the police but quietly, and carefully. They are on the phone now. I whisper those words: &#1524;I got kidnaped" I can tell they are having bad time realizing what's going on, but I did that mom, I know the idf won't stop looking for us until they find us! I know mom, they'll bring me back to u. Right mom? He saw me mom, he knows I called the police. They look very stress now. What r they going to do next? Oh no mom, he's pointing a gun to my friend. I stop my breath and praying hard in my heart he won't shoot. Please don't shoot, don't shoot!! But he does that. My friend is lying on the ground now. Taking his last breaths. And I just can't stop crying. Now my other friend is being shot by them. I can't get it mom.. I really can't get it.. I always wondered how It feels like to be kidnapped.. But it's different that i have ever imagine.. I feel helpless, I feel like I have no chance to survive mom.. And now I think about u, about dad and my little sister.. Please don't cry mom, promise me u won't cry.. I want to see u happy. I will keep u safe up from the sky, I promise.. Just don't cry. I love u mom, all of u. Thank you for everything.. He's pointing his gun on me now mom.. I'm lying on the ground and my breath gets heavy.. And I think I can hear them singing over our bodies. I most be wrong right mom? They can't be that heartless.. I'm looking at the sky. It looks so peaceful. I'm going there now mom. I'm going to heaven.
They were trespassing on Arab land. Sorry.
Taeb

Blida, Algeria

#74806 Jul 20, 2014
Zioni wrote:
<quoted text>
Will keep that in mind. I don't usually add a lot of punctuation, unless its vital to understanding what I am posting.
Arn't you happy for the massacre you done in Gaza ?? I know you can't say to these "western people" that your extreme happiness is when you see an Arab killed even small children you call them future terrorist .... you are not doing a war .;; you are fighting an isolated people ....
danetoo

London, UK

#74807 Jul 20, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
are you not trespassing on American land ??
Gray

Powhatan, VA

#74808 Jul 20, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text> Arn't you happy for the massacre you done in Gaza ?? I know you can't say to these "western people" that your extreme happiness is when you see an Arab killed even small children you call them future terrorist .... you are not doing a war .;; you are fighting an isolated people ....
Unfortunately, Israel's bloodthirsty & Genocidal ultra-Nationaists dominate Israeli and US Policy.

The following quotes also reflect the mindset of the previous posters ("Zioni"
"Voice of Peace" etc etc) who, in spite of their current, feigned humanitarian rhetoric also support the systematic Expulsion & Extermination of all native Palestinian Christians:

"(The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed
against the boulders and walls." -- Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) Yitzhak
Shamir in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988

"We will carry out a greater holocaust against the Palestinians," Matan Vilnai, Deputy israeli Defense Minister
http://northerntruthseeker.blogspot.com/2010/...

“..... most Palestinians “were born to die—we just have to help them.”CONTINUED
Amiram Levin, former head of the Israeli army’s northern command :

"We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as
slaves." Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General
Shlomo Lahat as mayor of Tel Aviv, 1983.

On the other hand there are the many courageous, ethical and honest Israeli's who oppose Israel's stated policy of Genocide:

“Israel’s “Plan Dalet”: The Green Light for Zionism’s Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/israels-plan-dal...
EXCERPT “On that day in 1948, two months before Israel’s unilateral declaration of independence in defiance of the will of the organized international community as it then was at the UN, Zionism’s in-Palestine political and military leaders met in Tel Aviv to formally adopt PLAN DALET, the blueprint with operational military orders for the ethnic cleansing of Palestine."CONTINUED

Israel's founding principle of Ethnic Cleansing is opposed by this brief List of many Ethical, Intelligent and Rational Jews

“List of websites for Jews against Zionism”
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/rosebud/list_for_j...

Jewish Voice For Peace (SF Bay Area)- 
&#8232; http://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/  &#8232;This SF Bay Area grassroots organization is dedicated to the rights of &#8232;Jews, Palestinians, and all peoples in the Middle East. They believe &#8232;conflict won't end until Israel removes settlements. Site includes &#8232;petition, listserver, resources, media.

B'tselem - http://www.btselem.org/English/Publications/i...  &#8232;The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied &#8232;Territorie s, reports on Israeli abuses such as torture, shootings, home &#8232;demolitions, and settler violence. 

Why do they hate US? by Stephen Shalom - &#8232; http://www.zcomm unications.org/znet&#8232; Time-line of US interventions in the Middle East from 1948. 

.&#8232;Yesh Gvul - http://www.yesh-gvul.org/english.html  &#8232;The movement for soldiers of the Israeli Defence Force (IDF) refusing to serve in the Occupied Territories. &#8232;

No, single race, religion, nationality or ethnic group has a monopoly on either Blood or Evil.

Thanks and please continue to express your thoughts
voice of peace

Israel

#74809 Jul 20, 2014
Taeb wrote:
<quoted text> Arn't you happy for the massacre you done in Gaza ?? I know you can't say to these "western people" that your extreme happiness is when you see an Arab killed even small children you call them future terrorist .... you are not doing a war .;; you are fighting an isolated people ....

Well, if the coward terrorists of Hamas had stuck to the 2012 ceasefire, not rearmed themselves with more sophisticated missiles, not tunneled into Israel proper.... not kidnapped and assassinated civilian minors,.....this would would never have happened..!!

Send the bill to your brother Khaled Mishal. Poor guy is in "isolation" with his family, on a five star hotel in Qatar.
voice of peace

Israel

#74810 Jul 20, 2014
... this would never have happened..

Since: Aug 09

Minneapolis, MN

#74811 Jul 20, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
are you not trespassing on American land ??
I own this land, all of it, because my ancestors are natives and were here thousands of years before the white man learned to take more than one bath in a life time.
danetoo

London, UK

#74812 Jul 20, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
I own this land, all of it, because my ancestors are natives and were here thousands of years before the white man learned to take more than one bath in a life time.
"delusions of grandeur" .. very common in personality disorders ...

when did yours start exactly ?..

I advice CBT .. cognitive behavioural therapy .,. with enough insight and treatment - hopefully there is chance of an improvement ..
Zioni

Israel

#74813 Jul 20, 2014
Taeb wrote:
No unlike Islamists I do not cheer when innocents are killed.

It is however likely that you celebrate the missiles fired at Israeli civilians.
I am a "western person". I don't call anyone anything.
Although since you bring it up there are plenty of teenagers who are already terrorists and since Hamas has yearly child abuse camps no surprise there.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74814 Jul 20, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
I went to the reserves for the last time 16 years ago.
Every year I had to go at least for one period.
I do not remember that there was any one period where I didn't have to shake some m.f. sargent or officer (both in small case letters) because of negligent behavior ... from parking trucks not by da'book, lost diesel fuel tank caps while refueling, crossing a landing path without previous TC clearance ... up to raping Shimon Peres' aunt from Gdynia.
TRD, it's an internal war... that we have to win too.
We count on old timers and father figures like me to keep the damage and the accidents to a very minimum.
TRD, the problem is we always know better ... than the guy that wrote the book.
Get used to it.
And it is not a male thing ... female soldiers can outperform the males if they put their hear on it.
My last combat mission was flown in support of Operation Urgent Fury so I haven't been useful since 1983. What an underwhelming way to go out. They do it a lot better now than we ever did. Plus, the toys are just way-cooler.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74815 Jul 20, 2014
Shananananana4pali wrote:
<quoted text> but if your friends don't dance, then they're...no friends of mine
Hah! You ain't never danced. Mine was an homage to Springsteen...see how it fits?

What are you trying to do with it? Don't tell us somebody registered NaNa out from under you...what are the chances of that happening?

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#74816 Jul 20, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show us the deed?

Still waiting for the deed to the Temple Mount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Nuculur option 1,394,921
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 20 min SweLL GirL 8,864
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 1 hr Fa-Foxy 33
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 1 hr A Noted Observer 49
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 102,457
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 216,653
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Fit2Serve 60,042
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages