Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 71289 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74617 Jul 16, 2014
TRD, from all the people I know on the web, you are the only one that has a Pilot License, so only you can advise me on this one.

A few minutes ago, don't warry I already washed my hands with soap …. a few minutes ago, I was saying, while taking my morning sh!t ….the sirens went off.
Hamas shot a round of 4 rockets at Tel Aviv.

I had to choose between finishing the on going business … or without whipping the relevant section of my body and without flushing what was already accomplished - run to the roof of the building with my phone and binoculars.

I see this unfortunate situation that I just went through, only parallel to a pilot on his cockpit, flying a loaded Northrop B-2 and upun opening the cargo relaease gates ….. all of the sudden gets shot at.

What was the right thing to do, TRD..?? Keep on flying and drop all the cargo over the target … or would you have jumped ship … with the risk of leaving a trail of "explosives" as you go.. if the sphincter mechanism doesn't close..??

I stayed put..!!

THE SCORE

TEL AVIV - 4
GAZA - 0

Uzi, how are you doing ..??
Keeping out of trouble..??

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#74618 Jul 16, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
TRD, from all the people I know on the web, you are the only one that has a Pilot License, so only you can advise me on this one.
A few minutes ago, don't warry I already washed my hands with soap …. a few minutes ago, I was saying, while taking my morning sh!t ….the sirens went off.
Hamas shot a round of 4 rockets at Tel Aviv.
I had to choose between finishing the on going business … or without whipping the relevant section of my body and without flushing what was already accomplished - run to the roof of the building with my phone and binoculars.
I see this unfortunate situation that I just went through, only parallel to a pilot on his cockpit, flying a loaded Northrop B-2 and upun opening the cargo relaease gates ….. all of the sudden gets shot at.
What was the right thing to do, TRD..?? Keep on flying and drop all the cargo over the target … or would you have jumped ship … with the risk of leaving a trail of "explosives" as you go.. if the sphincter mechanism doesn't close..??
I stayed put..!!
THE SCORE
TEL AVIV - 4
GAZA - 0
Uzi, how are you doing ..??
Keeping out of trouble..??
Shalom alychem
siren always on when I'm busy ... I learn to trust iron dome
what do you think will happened next...? did you sew A zahar house this morning? those rats have few surprises when out of their underground cave
people in Tel aviv and all over Israel are very united now... thanks to Hamas.,,, we see great things in our nation. I think only this worth it .
take care

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74619 Jul 16, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
TRD, from all the people I know on the web, you are the only one that has a Pilot License, so only you can advise me on this one.
A few minutes ago, don't warry I already washed my hands with soap …. a few minutes ago, I was saying, while taking my morning sh!t ….the sirens went off.
Hamas shot a round of 4 rockets at Tel Aviv.
I had to choose between finishing the on going business … or without whipping the relevant section of my body and without flushing what was already accomplished - run to the roof of the building with my phone and binoculars.
I see this unfortunate situation that I just went through, only parallel to a pilot on his cockpit, flying a loaded Northrop B-2 and upun opening the cargo relaease gates ….. all of the sudden gets shot at.
What was the right thing to do, TRD..?? Keep on flying and drop all the cargo over the target … or would you have jumped ship … with the risk of leaving a trail of "explosives" as you go.. if the sphincter mechanism doesn't close..??
I stayed put..!!
THE SCORE
TEL AVIV - 4
GAZA - 0
Uzi, how are you doing ..??
Keeping out of trouble..??
Nice imagery.

Unfortunately, you and I have different missions so my experience won't do you much good. The question of whether to abort is never an option for us "tactical" bombers as we open the road for you "strategic" guys. If we failed to drop our load exactly when and where it was needed, regularity suffered all the way down the chain of command. Back in the day you got one shot and had to make it count...that's why the Thin Mints are so important. There was no stealth technology to disguise your presence. All we could do was let 'er rip and then light a match to cover our egress.

Kudos for staying the course, I'm surprised you could dump at all with balls that big blocking the way :>)).

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74620 Jul 16, 2014
Efrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Shalom alychem
siren always on when I'm busy ... I learn to trust iron dome
what do you think will happened next...? did you sew A zahar house this morning? those rats have few surprises when out of their underground cave
people in Tel aviv and all over Israel are very united now... thanks to Hamas.,,, we see great things in our nation. I think only this worth it .
take care
Shalom. People all over Israel and people in Florida are united too. Am Yisrael Chai!
Anonymous

Tripoli, Libya

#74621 Jul 16, 2014
how r u to day every body haer

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74622 Jul 16, 2014
salhasouny wrote:
how r u to day every body haer
Fine, thanks. How they hangin' there?

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#74623 Jul 16, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Shalom. People all over Israel and people in Florida are united too. Am Yisrael Chai!
hey that's right !:) thanks

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#74624 Jul 16, 2014
salhasouny wrote:
how r u to day every body haer
here in Israel all great ! we fighting terror...:))
between rocket to red alarm we check how all doing...
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74625 Jul 16, 2014
Ever heard about this man..??
Edward N. Luttwak

Quite impressive.
Worth reading and saving for future reference.

""Bad newspaper headlines aside, it’s been a pretty good century for the Zionists""

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-poli...

.
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74626 Jul 16, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Fine, thanks. How they hangin' there?
...by the neck..!!
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74627 Jul 16, 2014
Efrat wrote:
<quoted text>
here in Israel all great ! we fighting terror...:))
between rocket to red alarm we check how all doing...
.

How about cooking, cleaning the house, washing the car, hanging the laundry that stayed on the washing machine since yesterday morning, getting some supplies from the supermarket ..?? Like for instance, what are you preparing for dinner..?? Don't tell me you are ordering on the phone, sushi or pizza..!!

Wink..!! ;)
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74628 Jul 16, 2014
""So, if there is a major Israeli military operation against Hamas in Gaza, like Cast Lead in 2009, and Pillar of Defense in 2012, or if there is a third intifada as Kerry warned in November, the front-page stories will show Jews and Arabs doing what they’ve been doing for decades—fighting, dying, and mourning. News reports will portray the events as part of a seemingly endless cycle of violence that Kerry and Obama tried and failed to stop, just like Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush before them. But this time, America isn’t putting out the fires of an age-old conflict. It started them.""

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-poli...

TRD, here is a guy in Washington D.C. that reads all the memos..
Good reading.
danetoo

London, UK

#74629 Jul 16, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>
.
How about cooking, cleaning the house, washing the car, hanging the laundry that stayed on the washing machine since yesterday morning, getting some supplies from the supermarket ..?? Like for instance, what are you preparing for dinner..?? Don't tell me you are ordering on the phone, sushi or pizza..!!
Wink..!! ;)
bit like London then (except we order our takeaways online - but apart from that ...)- and without red alerts

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74630 Jul 16, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>
.
How about cooking, cleaning the house, washing the car, hanging the laundry that stayed on the washing machine since yesterday morning, getting some supplies from the supermarket ..?? Like for instance, what are you preparing for dinner..?? Don't tell me you are ordering on the phone, sushi or pizza..!!
Wink..!! ;)
I could make Aliyah were it not for this.

http://allrecipes.com/video/4367/chef-johns-b...

Seriously...it will make you want your foreskin back.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#74631 Jul 16, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>
.
How about cooking, cleaning the house, washing the car, hanging the laundry that stayed on the washing machine since yesterday morning, getting some supplies from the supermarket ..?? Like for instance, what are you preparing for dinner..?? Don't tell me you are ordering on the phone, sushi or pizza..!!
Wink..!! ;)
hmmm hmmmm hmmm
I slept good !
thinking about fish and chips.. with red wine
something new?

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#74632 Jul 16, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I could make Aliyah were it not for this.
http://allrecipes.com/video/4367/chef-johns-b...
Seriously...it will make you want your foreskin back.
great time for Aliya,,:)
you welcome to my shalter!!!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74633 Jul 16, 2014
Efrat wrote:
<quoted text>
great time for Aliya,,:)
you welcome to my shalter!!!
A friend's daughter just married an Israeli guy and moved there a few months ago. I can't make up my mind which expression applies: Timing is everything or Location, Location, Location!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74634 Jul 16, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
""So, if there is a major Israeli military operation against Hamas in Gaza, like Cast Lead in 2009, and Pillar of Defense in 2012, or if there is a third intifada as Kerry warned in November, the front-page stories will show Jews and Arabs doing what they’ve been doing for decades—fighting, dying, and mourning. News reports will portray the events as part of a seemingly endless cycle of violence that Kerry and Obama tried and failed to stop, just like Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush before them. But this time, America isn’t putting out the fires of an age-old conflict. It started them.""
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-poli...
TRD, here is a guy in Washington D.C. that reads all the memos..
Good reading.
What did you expect? You don't get to be the Great Satan without setting a few fires.

Kerry should worry about banana blight and bee colony collapse...things occurring in our own hemisphere. You can't un-ring a bell, you can't un-screw a pregnant woman and you can't un-fck the middle east.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#74635 Jul 16, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>A friend's daughter just married an Israeli guy and moved there a few months ago. I can't make up my mind which expression applies: Timing is everything or Location, Location, Location!


romance romance... how lovely
wish them luck
location is not a big problem also the timing is not bad..:) low prices !
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74636 Jul 16, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>What did you expect? You don't get to be the Great Satan without setting a few fires.
Kerry should worry about banana blight and bee colony collapse...things occurring in our own hemisphere. You can't un-ring a bell, you can't un-screw a pregnant woman and you can't un-fck the middle east.
.

In order to veer the boat towards a bright future (also for us .. or... primarily for us).... it's going to sound repetitious ... but what we need is from the ranks of the Palestinian People, leaders of the size of Anwar Sadat of Egypt ... and the former King Hussein bin Talal of Jordan.

My man is Khaled Osaily, former Mayor of Hebron.
I wrote Bibi, Lapid, Bennett, Liberman, Herzog ... and Osaily himself..
The only one that answer me was ........ Bennett. He likes the guy too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Realtime 1,602,224
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 242,622
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 hr honeymylove 11,315
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 15 hr They cannot kill ... 1,582
The Party of Racism. 18 hr Well Well 30
Coffee with Jesus. Sat Ooftus Goofus 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages