Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 70952 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#74478 Jun 18, 2014
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly, which goes to show they have no idea what they're doing or what they're looking for. Israel is no stranger to collective punishment, so this was expected.
Collective punishment is a good term to use when "everybody" cheers at such an event, Unlike here (we probably have a 50/50 split in opinions on everything) the Palis are "collectively" overjoyed at kidnappings and killings. They deserve everything they get.

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#74479 Jun 18, 2014
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> It's not "bravado". We don't even know who did it. If they appear in Gaza by some miracle, then you'll see me empty a whole clip of celebratory bravado bullets into the air.
Hilarious. Might I suggest you aim it at your head? How's the beard coming?

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#74480 Jun 18, 2014
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> It's not "bravado". We don't even know who did it. If they appear in Gaza by some miracle, then you'll see me empty a whole clip of celebratory bravado bullets into the air.
Full Definition of BRAVADO
a : blustering swaggering conduct
b : a pretense of bravery
: the quality or state of being foolhardy

Your use of the the word "captured" in lieu of kidnapped hitch hiking teenage students, meets all of the above criteria. But, you never could see through the fog.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74481 Jun 18, 2014
Soy de Palestina wrote:
I'm surprised no one is discussing the three captured settlers.
Israel is going ape shit over this. So far they imprisoned a quarter of the population in the West Bank LOL.
Hey Erin, where's your Shin Bet now, huh?
I'm sure it will still be funny once your father and brother are in custody, huh?

The truly LOL part is that while this kidnapping was probably predicted and planned for, Palestinians still appear to be the least-crazy Arabs around. When I compare it to Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia, Sudan, Egypt....you guys are the fraternity pranksters of the middle east.

I hope it turns out to be worth the LOLs.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#74482 Jun 18, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure it will still be funny once your father and brother are in custody, huh?
The truly LOL part is that while this kidnapping was probably predicted and planned for, Palestinians still appear to be the least-crazy Arabs around. When I compare it to Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia, Sudan, Egypt....you guys are the fraternity pranksters of the middle east.
Yeah we're reasonable people.
If this thing goes through, it will be worth every last LOL.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74483 Jun 18, 2014
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah we're reasonable people.
If this thing goes through, it will be worth every last LOL.
I'm not sure being least-crazy qualifies Palestinians as reasonable. It might look good as an acronym after your name on a business card though...Nuke Nablus, LCA ;>))

I hope for everyone's sake this turns out to be a poorly planned snatch and grab that began when school let out for summer. If Israel can link this to Hamas instead of some bored teenagers it will justify a lot of things, none of which strike me as good.

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#74484 Jun 20, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure being least-crazy qualifies Palestinians as reasonable. It might look good as an acronym after your name on a business card though...Nuke Nablus, LCA ;>))
I hope for everyone's sake this turns out to be a poorly planned snatch and grab that began when school let out for summer. If Israel can link this to Hamas instead of some bored teenagers it will justify a lot of things, none of which strike me as good.
Naw, they f-ucked up good this time. The savage schooling has taught children to stone IDF troops and draw live fire. This is the "victory" that Soy is hoping for. Nothing says stupid like Palestinians. Over 300 incarcerated? I would make it 30,000 and build the facilities in the Golan right on the border with Syria. These people are trash.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#74486 Jun 20, 2014
hahaha hahaha heros of the asshole muslims kidnapped 3 Israeli kids.
Its a very "brave muslm" act just like stoning helpless women to death or beheading tied up prisoners.
The most interesting part of this "brave" war crime act is that the West Bank population does not support it at all, the WB security people working with Israel trying to find them, no street demonstartion , shootings on the arab side, except on order in Gaza.
How stupid retarded people are those hammas war criminals in Gaza.
Their days are numbered

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74487 Jun 21, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>Naw, they f-ucked up good this time. The savage schooling has taught children to stone IDF troops and draw live fire. This is the "victory" that Soy is hoping for. Nothing says stupid like Palestinians. Over 300 incarcerated? I would make it 30,000 and build the facilities in the Golan right on the border with Syria. These people are trash.
Do you know the difference between occupied and incarcerated? Don't feel bad if you don't...Palestinians don't get it either. Mostly, it's the spelling.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/201...

With help like this, Palestinian youth learn the skills to go from student to martyr in a single summer.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74488 Jun 21, 2014
Uzi wrote:
hahaha hahaha heros of the asshole muslims kidnapped 3 Israeli kids.
Its a very "brave muslm" act just like stoning helpless women to death or beheading tied up prisoners.
The most interesting part of this "brave" war crime act is that the West Bank population does not support it at all, the WB security people working with Israel trying to find them, no street demonstartion , shootings on the arab side, except on order in Gaza.
How stupid retarded people are those hammas war criminals in Gaza.
Their days are numbered
Numbered by elections? They swear they'll hold them this time.

Honest.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#74489 Jun 21, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Numbered by elections? They swear they'll hold them this time.
Honest.
Elections???
Assad ran againts Assad in Syria and won
Missi ran againts Missi in Egypt and won.
They were no elections in the west bank for 9 years so of course Abbas is in charge.
The wonderful world of idiotic mean cruel blood thirsty islam.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74490 Jun 21, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Elections???
Assad ran againts Assad in Syria and won
Missi ran againts Missi in Egypt and won.
They were no elections in the west bank for 9 years so of course Abbas is in charge.
The wonderful world of idiotic mean cruel blood thirsty islam.
No really...there's pictures and everything.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014...

So, just as soon as they get over "The years of mutual distrust" they can tackle "...the stark irony of a national unity government that is physically and geographically divided".

Maybe we'll see an election and maybe we won't. It probably won't help that you guys locked them down and are crawling up Palestine's ass with a microscope (metaphorically speaking). It'd be a hoot if those kids turn up on a beach in somewhere like Greece or Albania.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#74491 Jun 21, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure it will still be funny once your father and brother are in custody, huh?
Israel instead of supporting and helping the "moderate" arabs in the west bank should let the Hammas and the "other" Pals fight it out. Let them kill each other as much as possible. No arabs anywhere deserve the support of the west. Just look at Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Yemen, Iraq, Sudan etc etc all of them are serius serial killers of their own people. Why did 4000 American GI"s died in Iraq?? They trained almost a million iraqis as a full time standing army then al qaida shows up with 15.000 ragtag soldiers and looks like will take over all of Iraq. Assholes. Pure arab muslim assholes. They deserve to be destroyed, all of them.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74493 Jun 22, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel instead of supporting and helping the "moderate" arabs in the west bank should let the Hammas and the "other" Pals fight it out. Let them kill each other as much as possible. No arabs anywhere deserve the support of the west. Just look at Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Yemen, Iraq, Sudan etc etc all of them are serius serial killers of their own people. Why did 4000 American GI"s died in Iraq?? They trained almost a million iraqis as a full time standing army then al qaida shows up with 15.000 ragtag soldiers and looks like will take over all of Iraq. Assholes. Pure arab muslim assholes. They deserve to be destroyed, all of them.
Hah! I heard it was around 5,000. There is something to be said for stepping out of the way and letting them have at each other but these are the guys I said needed to get together before Palestinians could talk seriously with Israel about a lasting peace. Since they won't do a very thorough job of homiciding each other, you'll still have to deal with them in the long run. No, these are the Arabs I want to succeed at democracy. I'm not naive enough to believe their example would be followed by any of the other Arab states but I don't need them to. All they need to do is present a unified front to you guys so that it can be an all-out war or an all-out peace.

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#74494 Jun 23, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah! I heard it was around 5,000. There is something to be said for stepping out of the way and letting them have at each other but these are the guys I said needed to get together before Palestinians could talk seriously with Israel about a lasting peace. Since they won't do a very thorough job of homiciding each other, you'll still have to deal with them in the long run. No, these are the Arabs I want to succeed at democracy. I'm not naive enough to believe their example would be followed by any of the other Arab states but I don't need them to. All they need to do is present a unified front to you guys so that it can be an all-out war or an all-out peace.
Softy.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74495 Jun 23, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>Softy.
Well, although it's what the situation requires now's a little late to ask for an unconditional surrender, isn't it?

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#74496 Jun 24, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Well, although it's what the situation requires now's a little late to ask for an unconditional surrender, isn't it?
No. Just play whacka-mole. These "savages" don't know the meaning of negotiation. After all, they are stupid Arabs. And, the ones living in Israel should have Shin Bet all over their stinky arses, Softy. LOL

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74497 Jun 24, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>No. Just play whacka-mole. These "savages" don't know the meaning of negotiation. After all, they are stupid Arabs. And, the ones living in Israel should have Shin Bet all over their stinky arses, Softy. LOL
Easy for you to say...you live in a pink state.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/theprotojournalist/2...
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#74498 Jun 27, 2014
Hey back from Greece, Rodos is a wonderful place.

Dr. James D. Manning on Obama!
Written by chuck on September 20, 2013 – 4:12 pm -

Watch it closely and pay attention to the end where there is a short pause, then 4 words. Listen for those words! It could not be put more bluntly! Be prepared!!

I’m tellin’ ya, it’s only 44 seconds – Priceless.

(A white guy could NOT say this.)

http://ourlighterside.com/2013/09/20/dr-james...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#74499 Jun 27, 2014
Uzi wrote:
Hey back from Greece. Dr. James D. Manning on Obama!
Welcome back! I've already seen this video -- Priceless! Never saw it on the national news here, tho. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,418,563
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Actual Science 61,037
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min District 1 222,433
Chicago has the Worst Women 44 min Bill 51
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr honeymylove 2,422
amy8-25-16 7 hr Sublime1 4
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 7 hr GEORGIA 1,934
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages