Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74049 Mar 22, 2014
I went to Chicago once (I hate Chicago almost as much as I hate NY). I stayed at some joint called the Four Seasons...

Rooms there are like 600 bucks a night, drinks are 10 dollars and a bowl of soup is 20. What the fck is wrong with those people?

To top it off, every time you walk out the front door, some freak in a green top hat opens the door for you and expects a tip. I was 35 years old. I don't need some weirdo in a green top hat opening doors for me. And what is that worth? 5 bucks? I bet that freak makes 200k a year harassing people.

And don't get me started on the cab drivers.

Anyhow, what was my point?.... Oh yeah. I got onto an elevator, dressed like I do. There were two rich old w'hores in fur that looked me up and down like I was a bug. I looked at them and then looked at the guy standing next to me. He chuckled and said "hey, how's it going?"

It was Dennis Miller. He seemed like a nice guy.

Later that night, they wouldn't let me in the dining room dressed as I was. I had to go to some joint called Bloomingdales and buy new clothes.

I stayed there for one night. I only wanted to see the Shedd Aquarium.

That 40-hour event cost me like two-large.

I guess the moral of the story is: Fck Chicago.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74050 Mar 22, 2014
I read that those guys that stand on the sidewalk in front of airport terminals... skycaps (?)... the guys that help you with your bags... They make like 75-80k a year in tips.

I should make a T-shirt that says "Give me five bucks and I'll leave you alone" and just start bothering people at shopping malls or in front of Tiger Stadium.

It sounds pretty lucrative.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74051 Mar 22, 2014
I wish they would find that plane. It seems to be dominating the television. That SUV cop show has me totally confused. I'm either watching six different shows, or I have early-onset Alzheimer's.

I like Vincent D'noffrio and Mr. T. like the Russian chick that is Jane Mansfield's daughter and that Christopher Meloni and Richard Belzer. But I have seen some with Sam Waterson, Chris Noth, Annabella Sciorra, Jeff Golblum. It's all so confusing.

I never should have quit smoking reefer.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74052 Mar 22, 2014
I went to New York once (I hate New York almost as much I hate L.A.).
I stayed at some joint called the Waldorf... something.

Rooms at this joint are like 600 bucks. Drinks are ten dollars. I don't know what a bowl of soup costs because I was prioritizing my spending, allowing only for the purchase of as many ten-dollar drinks as I was necessary to make me think I wasn't in New York.

I drank Bloody Mary's... that's as good as eating.

Anyhow..I don't remember why I was there, but I will never go back. The traffic in New York is so bad that they have street signs that say "Avoid Gridlock-Don't Block The Box". What the fck does that even mean?

You would have to be insane to live in a place like that. I read that it costs 1500/month for a parking space. Shtty studio apartments are 6k-a-month. What the fck is wrong with those people?

Anyhow, if you want to go to a city with character. Go to Detroit. It has a post-apocalyptic charm. But bring a flak vest.

There is a building in Detroit.. It might have been a Chrysler plant... maybe Packard. I can't remember. It has a skywalk that goes from one side of the street to the other.

It has been abandoned for years. One of the natives with a sick sense of humor did something that... if you are from Detroit... and when you see it for the first time, It makes you laugh like hell....

http://www.rusty-nail-society.com/wp-content/...
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74053 Mar 22, 2014
So, I'm at this Waldorf joint. I'm totally disoriented and dressed..uh.. "inappropriately" for the restaurant... I got on the elevator to go back to my room to change. I was all crazy looking. There were a couple of guys and some hippy chick that were trying really hard not to laugh. The hippy girl was Stevie Nicks.... Maybe that happened in Phoenix... I can't remember.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74054 Mar 22, 2014
The moral of the story?

Fck New York.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74055 Mar 22, 2014
I went to Toronto once.(I hate Toronto, but not nearly as much as I hate Quebec. At least Toronto is occupied by Americans and not the stinky French). I stayed at some joint called the Inn on the Park. I don't know how much the rooms and drinks were, because it was in Canadian money.

Anyhow. They didn't bar me from the dining room, but the whole scene was weird. There's too many foreigners. It is really trying when someone that doesn't belong in your country in the first place is being rude. I had to bite my tongue.

I think I only came there to go to a place called the Ontario Science Center.

The whole event cost far too much money and it is just weird being in that part of the country. The signs are not subtitled in Spanish, they are sub-titled in French... Which is a bad omen. At least Mexicans work and they are polite.

I got on an elevator after dinner and there was a group of dirty hippies that were visibly intoxicated.... or maybe that was me... I can't remember. But the dirtiest of the dirty hippies had long dirty hair and a sallow complexion. He was a homeboy... Alice Cooper.

I have been on a lot of interesting elevator rides at over-priced hotels.

Might as well say....

Fck Toronto.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#74056 Mar 22, 2014
I saw Ray Charles, Bella Abzug, Godfrey Cambridge, Regis Philbin and Henny Youngman, in airports. Fcuk Newark, Buffalo, La Guardia and JFK. Oh, and I enjoyed Happy Hour with the Buffalo Bills In Cheektowaga, NY and was on a cruise with the Eagle cheerleaders and Phil,Simms. So fcuknin there
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74057 Mar 22, 2014
I was in L.A. once. I hate L.A.(but not...fck it. There is no place I hate more than L.A.)

I ran up and accosted a elderly stranger at the Bubank airport. I started babbling "beam me up" until I noticed a couple of security guards approaching.

I had spent a considerable portion of my lay-over downing seven-dollar, watered-down drinks out of plastic glasses at the..uh...Sky-Lounge.

It was James Doohan, TV's beloved Mr. Scotty. He's everyone's favorite Scotsman, even though he's Irish and from Canada.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74058 Mar 22, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
I saw Ray Charles,....
Did he see you?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74059 Mar 22, 2014
L.A. Is the most over-rated sht-hole in America. In fact, I think the country would be better off if California was kicked out of the Union.

Fck L.A. There is no moral to that.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74060 Mar 22, 2014
Faith wrote:
I went to New York once (I hate New York almost as much I hate L.A.).
I stayed at some joint called the Waldorf... something.
Rooms at this joint are like 600 bucks. Drinks are ten dollars. I don't know what a bowl of soup costs because I was prioritizing my spending, allowing only for the purchase of as many ten-dollar drinks as I was necessary to make me think I wasn't in New York.
I drank Bloody Mary's... that's as good as eating.
Anyhow..I don't remember why I was there, but I will never go back. The traffic in New York is so bad that they have street signs that say "Avoid Gridlock-Don't Block The Box". What the fck does that even mean?
You would have to be insane to live in a place like that. I read that it costs 1500/month for a parking space. Shtty studio apartments are 6k-a-month. What the fck is wrong with those people?
Anyhow, if you want to go to a city with character. Go to Detroit. It has a post-apocalyptic charm. But bring a flak vest.
There is a building in Detroit.. It might have been a Chrysler plant... maybe Packard. I can't remember. It has a skywalk that goes from one side of the street to the other.
It has been abandoned for years. One of the natives with a sick sense of humor did something that... if you are from Detroit... and when you see it for the first time, It makes you laugh like hell....
http://www.rusty-nail-society.com/wp-content/...
That sense of humor wouldn't be attached to someone living in a cornfield in the middle of the boondocks, would it?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74061 Mar 22, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>That sense of humor wouldn't be attached to someone living in a cornfield in the middle of the boondocks, would it?
I haven't been down that way in years. It used to be an adventure for a person of my...uh...complexion. Now it's plain suicidal.

Coleman Young wounded Detroit, Kwame Kilpatrick finished it off with a head-shot.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74062 Mar 22, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been down that way in years. It used to be an adventure for a person of my...uh...complexion. Now it's plain suicidal.
Coleman Young wounded Detroit, Kwame Kilpatrick finished it off with a head-shot.
The only hope left is to separate Lake Erie into it's smaller parts and fuel the new hydrogen economy from Detroit. As you can clearly see, that one is going like gangbusters.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74063 Mar 22, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>
The only hope left is to separate Lake Erie into it's smaller parts and fuel the new hydrogen economy from Detroit. As you can clearly see, that one is going like gangbusters.
Before the Zebra Mussels cleaned up Lake Erie, it used to catch on fire spontaneously. It was like a huge reserve of combustible fuel.

http://www.cleanwateraction.org/files/images/...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74064 Mar 22, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Before the Zebra Mussels cleaned up Lake Erie, it used to catch on fire spontaneously. It was like a huge reserve of combustible fuel.
Sure, then. What has it done for you lately? If we could capture 1/1000000000th of the hydrogen in that lake it would have made it all worthwhile. Who do we call, DTE or Morton?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74065 Mar 22, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, then. What has it done for you lately? If we could capture 1/1000000000th of the hydrogen in that lake it would have made it all worthwhile. Who do we call, DTE or Morton?
I have stock in DTE. I want some of the money back that I have given them my whole life.

Besides, I'm a little sick of salt right about now... It's on my car, on my clothes, all over the garage floor..

I have no special affinity for Erie.

This is my lake...

http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/lkc...
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74066 Mar 22, 2014
We have a saying in Michigan....

Fck Ohio.
Hillie Billie Boganed

United States

#74067 Mar 22, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Before the Zebra Mussels cleaned up Lake Erie, it used to catch on fire spontaneously. It was like a huge reserve of combustible fuel.
Flaming Mussels, well that makes a change from Flaming Muslims, Miss Piggy.
Hillie Billie Boganed

Sweden

#74068 Mar 22, 2014
I am a flaming queer. My game is blowing sailors. I like the feeling of warm sploog sprayed on my tonsils.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dale 185,153
Word (Dec '08) 6 min RACE 5,089
Ask Amy 3-5-15 7 min RACE 8
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Grey Ghost 1,193,133
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 51,584
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr orange 71,562
Arlington Heights woman charged with psychic-se... (Dec '08) 4 hr Kyle 27
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:30 pm PST

NFL 6:30PM
Report: Lance Briggs will not return to Chicago Bears
Bleacher Report 9:21 PM
Why Moore Would Be Ideal Fit for Chicago
NBC Sports11:43 PM
Report: Lance Briggs won't be back in Chicago
Bleacher Report 3:00 AM
Colts' Extensions May Limit Free-Agency Flexibility
Bleacher Report 3:37 AM
How Much Is Hughes Worth as Top Pass Rusher?