Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
66,981 - 67,000 of 67,898 Comments Last updated 36 min ago

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>She's just a Bridgeport Ferry ride from me. Let me do it. I'll take pics. Problem is that the measuring stick that says you have be so tall to ride it, isn't exactly a Limbo contest for this dwarf. Even doing jumping jacks she can't reach the sticks.
Is it my imagination or has Petesake just signaled that he's ready for me and about a hundred of my favorite Jews to drop by Blaming Izzy for their semester of Yiddish lessons?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Every moment you've invested here has been a gift, thank you.
I pre-followed Sheila here. Isn't it cool how I can see into the future. Take me to the dog-track... I'll show you what's for.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Another thing Shilla accuses me of is that I deliberately incite trouble by the things I type.... uh... well.. I guess she gots me there...

But then again, why did she choose this particular thread to broadcast her unhinged... zio-conspiracy bullsht?

What's she doing? Cruising the Israel forum? I suppose she figures that doesn't count.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I pre-followed Sheila here. Isn't it cool how I can see into the future. Take me to the dog-track... I'll show you what's for.
You'll excuse me if I do a little due diligence, won't you? For example, I'll need to see time/date-stamped deposit slips for your last six lotto wins and a note from the veterinarian treating your dog saying that no animal cruelty has occurred during your visits here. Take all the time you need :>))

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Faith wrote:
Another thing Shilla accuses me of is that I deliberately incite trouble by the things I type.... uh... well.. I guess she gots me there...
But then again, why did she choose this particular thread to broadcast her unhinged... zio-conspiracy bullsht?
What's she doing? Cruising the Israel forum? I suppose she figures that doesn't count.
I know you think it's your fault she's here and the gentleman from Connecticut is willing to fall on his sword while taking the blame for leaving the screen door open but you're both wrong. I stalked her over at Blaming Izzy, leveled with her about the chances of any so called "right of return", and invited her to join the conversation here in a completely objective and non-judgmental environment. I missed the part where you two have been at war for the last three years.

My bad.

I guess I should amend my invitation to indicate she might find a slightly more hostile environment.

“Woof!”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Woof!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Did you read about Sheik Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, and his call this month to "destroy all the churches of the region?"

You might think that’s big news – big enough to garner some attention from America’s leading media – especially because the Grand Mufti is among the Muslim world’s leading authorities. He is President of the Supreme Council of Ulema [Islamic scholars] and Chairman of the Standing Committee for Scientific Research and Issuing of Fatwas, according to the Middle East Forum’s Raymond Ibrahim.

A Kuwaiti delegation had asked the Grand Mufti about a Kuwaiti parliament member’s call for the "removal" of churches in his country, later clarified to a ban on new ones. In response, the Grand Mufti called it "necessary to destroy all the churches of the region." He reportedly relied on the famous tradition, or "hadith," that the Prophet Mohammed ruled on his deathbed, "There are not to be two religions in the [Arabian] Peninsula."

But, the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today apparently didn’t find it newsworthy. It was relegated to conservative media (e.g., Washington Times, FOX online), Muslim-focused websites, and lots of blogs.

However appalling, mainstream media reticence to cover that news is understandable in one sense. Its coverage would force public discussion of dicey issues that challenge the political correctness that all-too-often pervades our thinking about relations between the West and the Muslim world.

We’d have to ask the inconvenient question of whether the Grand Mufti’s call is but one element of a "war on Christians" across the Muslim world.

And if we did that, we’d have to ask whether such intolerance, and the violence against Christians that has swept Muslim-dominated nations in recent months, reflects a fringe element or more mainstream attitudes.

Consider the events of recent weeks (as drawn from the monthly compilation that Ibrahim categorizes under "Muslim Persecution of Christians"):

"Half of Iraq’s indigenous Christians are gone due to the unleashed forces of jihad," he wrote. Many fled to Syria where, alas, "Christians are experiencing a level of persecution unprecedented in the nation’s modern history."

Meanwhile, 100,000 Christian Copts have fled Egypt since Hosni Mubarak’s downfall unleashed Islamic forces, while 95 percent of Christians have left northern Nigeria where the Islamist group Boko Haram has been slaughtering them. The group announced recently that it’s planning a "war on Christians" in the coming weeks to, a spokesman said, "end the Christian presence in our push to have a proper Islamic state."

Elsewhere of late, a dozen armed Muslim men stormed a church in Pakistan, seriously wounding several Christians; armed men ransacked a church in Algeria after threatening and attacking the pastor and his wife repeatedly since 2007; and 50 Palestinian Muslims stoned Christian tourists on Jerusalem’s Temple Mount.

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
Follow us:@RCP_Articles on Twitter

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I know you think it's your fault she's here and the gentleman from Connecticut is willing to fall on his sword while taking the blame for leaving the screen door open but you're both wrong. I stalked her over at Blaming Izzy, leveled with her about the chances of any so called "right of return", and invited her to join the conversation here in a completely objective and non-judgmental environment. I missed the part where you two have been at war for the last three years.
My bad.
I guess I should amend my invitation to indicate she might find a slightly more hostile environment.
Welcome back, Commander. I thought I had a satellite screen capture of your ship on your recent junket but there were ghost images that I suspect were either of that missing Malaysian Airliner or Sheeblah's ample ass. Glad to have you back. I'm having a pretty good time at the Cuckoo's Nest and trying not to attract flies here. But,l I always enjoyed frying ants with my magnifying glass. I'm on step three for that. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I know you think it's your fault she's here and the gentleman from Connecticut is willing to fall on his sword while taking the blame for leaving the screen door open but you're both wrong. I stalked her over at Blaming Izzy, leveled with her about the chances of any so called "right of return", and invited her to join the conversation here in a completely objective and non-judgmental environment. I missed the part where you two have been at war for the last three years.
My bad.

It's not your fault that I came to this thread TRD. I never would have come over here if it wasn't for your mate KY coming over and giving me an offensive serve for my posts on the Blaming Israel thread

I note the amended invitation and regardless, think you are a decent guy despite the "friends" you hang out with.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not your fault that I came to this thread TRD. I never would have come over here if it wasn't for your mate KY coming over and giving me an offensive serve for my posts on the Blaming Israel thread
I note the amended invitation and regardless, think you are a decent guy despite the "friends" you hang out with.
Fck off, you dim-witted cumbucket. You are boring us to tears.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome back, Commander. I thought I had a satellite screen capture of your ship on your recent junket but there were ghost images that I suspect were either of that missing Malaysian Airliner or Sheeblah's ample ass. Glad to have you back. I'm having a pretty good time at the Cuckoo's Nest and trying not to attract flies here. But,l I always enjoyed frying ants with my magnifying glass. I'm on step three for that. LOL
Thanks, I just finished unpacking and storing my luggage but I'm sure I can look forward to a couple weeks of tripping over The Paragon's bags while waiting for a quid pro quo. Now that I'm home I should be able to free that picture trapped in my phone which I promised. I'd do it right now except I'm in the throes of food withdrawal and have to go fill my distended gut. I heard from confidential sources that the Malay plane was hijacked so unless Sheila's posterior has an alibi you may be on to the culprit.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

( CNSNews.com )- Sunni Muslim terrorists committed “about 70 percent” of the 12,533 terrorist murders in the world last year, according to a report by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC).
The information comes from the 2011 NCTC Report on Terrorism, which is based on information available as of March 12, 2012.
“Sunni extremists accounted for the greatest number of terrorist attacks and fatalities for the third consecutive year,” the report says.“More than 5,700 incidents were attributed to Sunni extremists, accounting for nearly 56 percent of all attacks and about 70 percent of all fatalities.”
The report says that in 2011, a total of 10,283 terrorism attacks across the world killed 12,533 people. Terrorism also is blamed for 25,903 injuries and 5,554 kidnappings.
According to NCTC, of the 12,533 terrorism-related deaths worldwide, 8,886 were perpetrated by “Sunni extremists,” 1,926 by “secular/political/anarchist” groups, 1,519 by “unknown” factions, 170 by a category described as “other”, and 77 by “Neo-Nazi/Fascist/White Supremacist” groups.
CNSNews.com asked NCTC if it could break down the fatality and incident statistics by religious groups other than Sunni Muslims.
Carl Kropf, a spokesman at NCTC, told CNSNews.com that the “only portrayal” NCTC has of terrorism perpetrators in 2011 is what is found in the report.
“We don’t break it down any further than that,” he said.“I thought it was a pretty good treatment of how it is not just Sunni extremists, but there are other elements that conduct attacks, and those are captured as best we can.”
The report showed that the number of terrorism-related fatalities “decreased by 5 percent” from 13,193 in 2010 to 12,533 in 2011, while the number of attacks dropped 12 percent from 11,641 in 2010 to 10,283 last year.
“More than half [6,418] of the people killed in 2011 were civilians and 755 were children,” the report noted.
Coming second after civilians were police: NCTC found that terrorism was responsible for the deaths of 2,423 law enforcement officers, followed by military security forces (1,389), and government representatives (768).
“Muslims continued to bear the brunt of terrorism, while attacks targeting Christians dropped nearly 45 percent from a five-year high in 2010,” stated NCTC.
“In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97 percent of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years,” added the report.
Countries with Muslim majorities such as Afghanistan “suffered the largest number of fatalities overall (in 2011) with 3,245 deaths, followed by Iraqis (2,958), Pakistanis (2,038), Somalis (1,013), and Nigerians (590).”
Al-Qaida (AQ) and its affiliates, considered to be Sunni extremists, were “responsible for at least 688 attacks that resulted in almost 2,000 deaths,” the report showed.
The Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan, also comprised of Sunni extremists,“conducted over 800 attacks that resulted in nearly 1,900 deaths,” NCTC said.
According to the report, the second largest category of terrorism perpetrators in 2011 after Sunni extremists was “secular, political, and anarchist groups,” which were primarily identified as Marxist, communist sympathizers.
“Secular, political, and anarchist groups were the next largest category of perpetrators, conducting 2,283 attacks with 1,926 fatalities, a drop of 5 percent and 9 percent, respectively, from 2010,” stated NCTC.

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sunni-muslim-...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheila, I don't consider your presence blame-worthy. You are far from the first dissenting opinion to grace this thread. In point of fact, if you were to read far enough back you'd find yourself in some very distinguished company. I suspect the reason they no longer favor us with their presence has more to do with the unsustainability of their argument than with YY's responses.

By the way, you are hardly in a position to complain about the quality on my friends while standing before your choir at Blaming Israel. I see you claiming the moral high ground and laugh to myself. Early on we tried the "eye for an eye" style of interaction but I find that all it does is lower the bar and the level of the discussion. I'm no expert on Christianity but I'd hope that at the very least it'd be better served with a "do unto others" approach.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Sheila, I don't consider your presence blame-worthy. You are far from the first dissenting opinion to grace this thread. In point of fact, if you were to read far enough back you'd find yourself in some very distinguished company. I suspect the reason they no longer favor us with their presence has more to do with the unsustainability of their argument than with YY's responses.
By the way, you are hardly in a position to complain about the quality on my friends while standing before your choir at Blaming Israel. I see you claiming the moral high ground and laugh to myself. Early on we tried the "eye for an eye" style of interaction but I find that all it does is lower the bar and the level of the discussion. I'm no expert on Christianity but I'd hope that at the very least it'd be better served with a "do unto others" approach.
If that's the case then why did you blame yourself.?I don't claim that people on topix are my friends, in fact they are not even acquaintances. The reason that I am on the Blaming Israel forum is because I truly do believe that the Palestinians are getting a raw deal. I belong to a group in Australia that supports and stands by the Palestinians, against the discrimination, aggression, etc etc. I try and live by the motto do unto others as you would have them do unto you and that is exactly why I feel so passionately about the situation in Israel and in the OPT. The people who run Israel today use the bible as the reason for the establishment of Israel and yet they are in the main secular. The religious rabbis themselves state that the establishment of a physical Israel goes against what God has stated. So it is the Zionists that I am against not all Jews

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the case then why did you blame yourself.?I don't claim that people on topix are my friends, in fact they are not even acquaintances. The reason that I am on the Blaming Israel forum is because I truly do believe that the Palestinians are getting a raw deal. I belong to a group in Australia that supports and stands by the Palestinians, against the discrimination, aggression, etc etc. I try and live by the motto do unto others as you would have them do unto you and that is exactly why I feel so passionately about the situation in Israel and in the OPT. The people who run Israel today use the bible as the reason for the establishment of Israel and yet they are in the main secular. The religious rabbis themselves state that the establishment of a physical Israel goes against what God has stated. So it is the Zionists that I am against not all Jews
I didn't blame myself since I don't place a negative connotation on your presence. I was assuming responsibility since it was only a matter of days since we first spoke that you appeared here.(unbeknownst to me your prior relationship with my friends) Now that you've cleared that all up by confirming for me that YY always gets the girl, I find myself once again trying to find consolation in the second chair.

I understand your position pertaining to the situation the Arabs face in their dealings with Israel but I make it a point to try not to micromanage a situation to which I am not a party. If I have a question about Israeli life I ask my Israeli friends or one of my Arab friends about Arab issues. I read a lot of different sources for news but the best resource I've developed over the years is first-person eye witness testimony. That way, I can stay on task without having the Jew-controlled mainstream media lead me astray.

I don't think I'll ever know it all but I do know enough to form some pretty valid conclusions, the most profound of which is that there will never be peace in the middle east. Not, as you may infer, because of the Jewish presence but rather because of the Muslim one. For even in the absence of Jews to persecute and marginalize in Arab lands, Arabs manage to satisfy their need to subjugate by attacking other Arabs. The last time I was able to speak with my friend in Nablus, he seemed rather ashamed to be Arab at this point in history.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

What a load of horse sht. "Anti-Zionist". I have more respect for a Klansman or a goose-stepping Nazi.... At least they're fckng honest.

That "I don't hate Jews I hate Zionist" rap is the anthem of cowards.

I don't even have enough respect for such spineless fcks to hate them.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oddly, a week ago, Shilla was beating the drum for Israel... And then she saw the Mein Kampf light and she was saved! Glory be!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Oddly, a week ago, Shilla was beating the drum for Israel... And then she saw the Mein Kampf light and she was saved! Glory be!
Still can't stop posting about me can you Faithy? Like Aliroger stated I put you back in your sandbox and ever since then you've had your knickers in a twist . You have been posting night and day about what I say, what I do and what I'm going to do.You have even gone to the trouble of telling everyone to get me banned. Of course you would never attempt that yourself because as you say you are no snitch, so you just get others to do your dirty work for you. Obsession doesn't even begin to cover it.Unlike you I like to look at both sides of a situation. On the Islam forum I was decrying the actions of radical Islam and its effects on the world. I have never stated that I hate all Muslims just like I don't hate all Jews. End of story

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Faith wrote:
What a load of horse sht. "Anti-Zionist". I have more respect for a Klansman or a goose-stepping Nazi.... At least they're fckng honest.
That "I don't hate Jews I hate Zionist" rap is the anthem of cowards.
I don't even have enough respect for such spineless fcks to hate them.
I'm not sure why people think they need to differentiate...there was never any secret that modern Israel was going to be the Jewish homeland. Sure, there may even be a small percentage of world Jewry who don't support Israel but they are certainly a fringe element.

And in case I never told you, thanks for being a Zionist, you take a lot of shit for it. You and Ize could have your pick of minorities to hate and still you choose to hate those who hate us. Hatred's a little misguided in my opinion but don't for a minute think I don't appreciate the sentiment.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

The Jews were on that land since monkeys first crawled out of caves looking for ground-fruit to get buzzed off of.
I get sick of hearing lies repeated so often that those terrorists think we should start to believe them.
I know a few things about the "plight of the "palestinian" people"....among them,'72 Olympics, Achille-Lauro, Dawson's Field, Itmar... TWA 847...
Now, I ask you.... considering the fact that I have a functioning brain and a conscience.... Why the fck would I, or any American, not support Israel?
Like we don't know right from wrong?
I'm not one of those weirdo Zio-End-Times-Christians either. I am a quintessential Catholic. I never went to church, I have lived a life of wanton debauchery.... proudly so,...and I have no apologies to make.
The most pious way a person can demonstrate their devotion to God and morality is by totally disregarding religion.
Why would I intentionally render myself mentally ill?
...(Well you know, excluding weed and greyhounds).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,079,019
Amy 7-24 5 min edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 9 min lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min wojar 174,513
Cheap Tomatoes 3 hr KidsWillSellTomatoesCHEAP 3
demo-crats are the root of violent crime in chi... 4 hr yamimi 5
Our Cities Will Burn Because We Didn’t Protect ... 4 hr Why 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters