Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 71292 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#74009 Mar 17, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I must have been around the same age when I first noticed the numbers tattooed on my father's arm and asked him what they meant. Imagine my disappointment when the explanation wasn't that he and Popeye got drunk one night and decided to get tats, tits and beers in Hong Kong. He was a pretty happy guy but got very, very serious when he explained that there are people in the world who for no reason will always hate Jews and the numbers were the way they kept track of us. It wasn't until much later that I'd matured enough to hear the rest of the story. Long story short, my takeaway was that before the war, my father was the second-youngest of nine kids. After the war he was the only one still alive. That's a lot of Hanukkah gifts I never got and to this day I hold Germany and to a lesser extent Lithuania responsible.
The way I reconcile the haters is that Israel exists. It will always be a source of irritation to those who wish it harm but it is strong enough to defend itself if need be...a condition unavailable to Jews before it's foundation. The louder they complain, the better it is doing it's job of being the one place on earth that is of, by and for Jews.
Sorry to hear that familiar story but you think the US lost 8 fighter jet pilots???
God Bless America!!!!!!
By the way in Israel some of the younger generation tattooing their grandparents numbers on their forearm, in memory of. Lot of them are still alive.
WE will make sure its NEVER AGAIN. NEVER. NEVER . NEVER.
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#74010 Mar 17, 2014
Faith wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oMOZvbYJMvUXX
What I know about "palestinians".....
See what they are doing? That's what I do when the Israelis have finally had enough and they whip out the jets from time to time.
Every time a bus or a restaurant blows up, me and every other American becomes that much more pro-Israel.
hahahah hahahah and that closet muslim Pres wants us to give in to those animals. Poor USA. America deserves a real American President with some guts and brains.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74011 Mar 17, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Leather or latex? If you're going to dominate them like that you should at least look the part. May I suggest a nice black leather teddy with a pair of those steel capped 6 in. heels?
Are you getting lewd with me?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74012 Mar 17, 2014
Faith wrote:
Just in..........
" US Navy SEALs boarded a hijacked oil tanker early today in international waters off Cyprus, wresting control of the vessel from Libyan rebels who were attempting to sell the oil on the black market. The Morning Glory initially sailed into a Libyan port under a North Korean flag early last week, but North Korea denied having anything to do with it, the New York Times reports. After three armed rebels seized the tanker, it "wander[ed] around the Mediterranean piloted by unknown sailors under an uncertain flag," as the Washington Post puts it."
Poor monkeys.
When I first saw the story it said "...without serious injury". I wonder if that means all three Libyans were killed.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74013 Mar 17, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
and there is a Jewish Community Center on every block in every city town and village all over the world with at least a thousand members in it. The jews took over the world.
We have that here....

http://www.stardeli.net/
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74014 Mar 17, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that familiar story but you think the US lost 8 fighter jet pilots???
God Bless America!!!!!!
By the way in Israel some of the younger generation tattooing their grandparents numbers on their forearm, in memory of. Lot of them are still alive.
You got that right. I have a collection of folded flags and dog tags.

Never again? There's a little more to it than that..... Now they are on the run.

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#74015 Mar 17, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Are you getting lewd with me?
Is there such a thing to you? I try and you ignore me. Is it my lack of class? My impulsiveness? My lack of mayonnaise? Rutting season in CT is almost upon us. Help me help you. ;>)

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#74016 Mar 17, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Leather or latex? If you're going to dominate them like that you should at least look the part. May I suggest a nice black leather teddy with a pair of those steel capped 6 in. heels?
You're lewd, Dude. Nothing like nude, Crude. Being viewed, will get you screwed. I'm getting a headache.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74017 Mar 17, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahah hahahah and that closet muslim Pres wants us to give in to those animals. Poor USA. America deserves a real American President with some guts and brains.
You don't really think we are taking him seriously...do you?

He's the lamest of lame ducks. He makes Carter look like Putin.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74018 Mar 17, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>Is there such a thing to you? I try and you ignore me. Is it my lack of class? My impulsiveness? My lack of mayonnaise? Rutting season in CT is almost upon us. Help me help you. ;>)
Please... just let me get through this. It's ten degrees outside... In a week, I'll be golden. I haven't been out of the house since October.

I'm a little batty.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74020 Mar 17, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Are you getting lewd with me?
I dunno, am I?

In my mind's eye, you'd look great in that outfit. Not to mention the improvement to the 3-way with YY and Sister Nuckinfuts.
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#74021 Mar 17, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>We have that here....
That Corned Beef sure looks great.
Luckily we haVE all that here now too, thanks to the Americanos.
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#74022 Mar 17, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>We have that here....
By the way I used to have an Irish Bar and restaurant in Manhattan on 3rd Ave. Loved it. Before I opened my mouth they were sure I was Irish. Still LOVE CB and cabbage.
Happy St. Patricks Day

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74023 Mar 17, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
God Bless America!!!!!!
I really worry that Eisenhower was right. Pretty soon they'll all be gone and their voices silenced. You know how short the human memory is...how can we say never again when the number of people who remember keeps dwindling?
danetoo

London, UK

#74024 Mar 17, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
God Bless America!!!!!!
absolutely Uzi ...

if it were up to some of the scumbags on topix, it would be again and again and again .. but NEVER ...

A few years back, I looked up my son's grandfather's family from Saloniki and his grandmother's family from Krakow -- page after page after page of their names .. on the Yad Vashem Museum webpages of the names database.

Kind of "hit me" when I saw that ... in a completely different way than just reading generally ..
danetoo

London, UK

#74025 Mar 17, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way I used to have an Irish Bar and restaurant in Manhattan on 3rd Ave. Loved it. Before I opened my mouth they were sure I was Irish. Still LOVE CB and cabbage.
Happy St. Patricks Day
the best coffee I've had in my life I had in Tel Aviv ... can't remember where now - but somewhere fairly central and fairly recently too... they had a little glass bowl with the coffee - another with the milk - you combined the two - sounds really simple and uncomplicated - but the coffee was amaaaaazing ...

I love Ireland - bought a racehorse there in Cork many many moons ago - I was an amateur jockey on the flat in Scandinavia back then - and won a few races with her ... great filly she was .. she was a yearling when I bought her, and did "horse whispering" before it was called "horse whispering" ...

other than that, my best friend here in London is Irish ... Dubliner - she's amazing. We went out and celebrated St Pats on Saturday - seemed more appropriate as we're both working tomorrow .. lol ...

Have you heard of Irish Yoga classes???

Here ya go

https://www.google.co.uk/search...
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74026 Mar 17, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
That Corned Beef sure looks great.
Luckily we haVE all that here now too, thanks to the Americanos.
I don't even know what corned beef is...
Can you believe that?

I'm from the East Side. I like the old man in that joint. He has some kind of weird Russian accent. Every time he tries to help the assembly workers, things get all fck'd up. But he owns the joint and he's funnier than hell.
danetoo

London, UK

#74027 Mar 17, 2014
corned beef ..

isn't it a bit like "spam"??

Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#74028 Mar 17, 2014
Dammit. The contractors that remodeled my little farm house hung this big tv on the wall right next to my desk. I can't ignore it.

I never watch tv, but I got sucked into this SUV show with Mr. T and that Russian chic that is Jayne Mansfield's daughter. But sometimes it is with Christopher Meloni... and Vincent D'onoffrio. I'm all confused. But the writing on that show is spectacular.

Apparently, my tv is stuck on a channel that plays that show 24/7.

I smashed my remote control against the floor.

I've reached that point in my life where I have to ask my daughter how to change a channel or set a timer.

And what the fck is an "app"?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74029 Mar 17, 2014
Faith wrote:
Dammit. The contractors that remodeled my little farm house hung this big tv on the wall right next to my desk. I can't ignore it.
I never watch tv, but I got sucked into this SUV show with Mr. T and that Russian chic that is Jayne Mansfield's daughter. But sometimes it is with Christopher Meloni... and Vincent D'onoffrio. I'm all confused. But the writing on that show is spectacular.
Apparently, my tv is stuck on a channel that plays that show 24/7.
I smashed my remote control against the floor.
I've reached that point in my life where I have to ask my daughter how to change a channel or set a timer.
And what the fck is an "app"?
I'm here for you...

http://geekmom.com/2014/01/40-cabin-fever-cur...

http://www.myhomeideas.com/how-to/crafts/indo...

http://www.nj.com/indulge/index.ssf/2014/02/c...

http://www.ehow.com/how_4530852_cure-cabin-fe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min JRB 1,746,306
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 3 hr Chiefs Rock 65
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 3 hr Chiefs Rock 142
Narcississtic Pissant Teens Wanna Ban the AR-15 3 hr Chiefs Rock 17
Chicago has the Worst Women (Jun '16) 3 hr Chiefs Rock 164
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr I am WHO I am 12,242
Trump is A 7 hr Rose of Tralee 635

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages