Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 71056 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#73747 Feb 26, 2014
Faith wrote:
I resent Florida at this time of the year. My parents had a house on the lake down there near a joint called Boca something.
I used to have to go down there every winter and visit them. It was only an obligation for all parties concerned. They were at the point in their lives where they were done dealing with the drama of seven adult children. And I don't like airports....at all. But I was their baby.
My dad hated it because my mom treated it like it was a vacation for me. That meant we had to go out to dinner every night and cabaret until 6 or 7 pm.
I hate vacations. They are exhausting.
Christ! I miss that sht.
I know you grow 'em big up north but that lake wasn't named Atlantic Ocean by any chance, was it? Gulf of Mexico? If this state was settled by the Italians instead of just being discovered by one who sold out to the Spanish, you'd have been eating that Blue Plate Special in a town called Bocca del Ratto.(I call it Ostia Alta Cocker for short).

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73748 Feb 26, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>You got it. Below freezing for the foreseeable future. But, it 9:15AM here and I'm already oin my way. I have the day off. TRD calls it meany Wednesday. But, that don't happen until the afternoon. Lovin you at Blamin Izzy. You turned Sheblahh into a rat! LMFAO
Say it in Italian!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#73749 Feb 26, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I know you grow 'em big up north but that lake wasn't named Atlantic Ocean by any chance, was it? Gulf of Mexico? If this state was settled by the Italians instead of just being discovered by one who sold out to the Spanish, you'd have been eating that Blue Plate Special in a town called Bocca del Ratto.(I call it Ostia Alta Cocker for short).
Don't get me wrong. It was OK. Nice view of that big lake. But not as nice as Lake Huron.

The water here is cold and clean. There isn't tar and syringes and condoms washing up from Chinese ships far at sea.

But we have Zebra Mussels.

Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#73750 Feb 26, 2014
I miss my dad. He didn't say much. But when he did....it was funny.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73751 Feb 26, 2014
Oh no...there's a cold front passing through. It's gonna be in the 60's tomorrow, better change the tires on the truck.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#73752 Feb 26, 2014
Oh Christ! I have to chop my way out of this ice-bound rat-hole.

I have been indoors for months.

I'm digging on Duane Eddy....

Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#73753 Feb 26, 2014
I have heard such fanciful rumors. They say it will be above freezing next week.

I don't believe them.

I look good in 80 pounds of clothing. It is like living on Mars. What would life be like if going outside couldn't kill you?

Michigan is not just an adventure......

...it's a way of life.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73754 Feb 26, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get me wrong. It was OK. Nice view of that big lake. But not as nice as Lake Huron.
The water here is cold and clean. There isn't tar and syringes and condoms washing up from Chinese ships far at sea.
But we have Zebra Mussels.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =b-I2s5zRbHgXX
Okeechobee? The trouble with south Florida is that Florida has a lot of agriculture and everything washes south toward the everglades. Even in the urban areas that replaced agriculture the run-off from lawns eventually ends up on its way to the great federal sump. Let's just say it's very fertile here and you sometimes don't even need soil to support a crop.

On the other hand, there are springs just about everywhere where the water is a constant 70-something degrees and so clear you'd swear you were looking through air. And the water in the Keys is coming back now that we know not to dump raw sewage. In all honesty though, I think the sewage was the only thing controlling the alligator population. Now we have to spend money on ammo and gas for the boat to control their numbers...but that just takes us back to what a great place this is for outdoor entertainment. You'll get here...sooner or later you all do.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73755 Feb 26, 2014
Faith wrote:
Oh Christ! I have to chop my way out of this ice-bound rat-hole.
I have been indoors for months.
I'm digging on Duane Eddy....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UMz8XRGxZdYXX
Much better! Amy Winehouse is too:

1. British

2. Tattooed

3. Pierced

4. Tragic

...even if you're not already in deep, cabin fever funk.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#73756 Feb 26, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Okeechobee? The trouble with south Florida is that Florida has a lot of agriculture and everything washes south toward the everglades. Even in the urban areas that replaced agriculture the run-off from lawns eventually ends up on its way to the great federal sump. Let's just say it's very fertile here and you sometimes don't even need soil to support a crop.
On the other hand, there are springs just about everywhere where the water is a constant 70-something degrees and so clear you'd swear you were looking through air. And the water in the Keys is coming back now that we know not to dump raw sewage. In all honesty though, I think the sewage was the only thing controlling the alligator population. Now we have to spend money on ammo and gas for the boat to control their numbers...but that just takes us back to what a great place this is for outdoor entertainment. You'll get here...sooner or later you all do.
I talked to an old black man with a cane fishing pole. He was on a bridge down there. I saw that the fish he had hooked what was known to me as Astronotus ocellatus. He said he would eat that thing.... Having those fish in the inter-coastal of Florida is a fckng disaster. They can out-breed and out-fight anything in their path.

We have a place here where old black men fish off bridges with cane poles. We call it St. John's Marsh. It's a sight to behold.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73757 Feb 26, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I talked to an old black man with a cane fishing pole. He was on a bridge down there. I saw that the fish he had hooked what was known to me as Astronotus ocellatus. He said he would eat that thing.... Having those fish in the inter-coastal of Florida is a fckng disaster. They can out-breed and out-fight anything in their path.
We have a place here where old black men fish off bridges with cane poles. We call it St. John's Marsh. It's a sight to behold.
Yeah, that's Leroy. He's our last line of defense against naturalized South American aquarium fish. In NY they end up in the sewers but down here, dumbasses turn them out in the wild when they outgrow their tanks. I'll let you in on a little secret...those things are a nuisance but they're the least of our invasive wildlife problems. There are some turtles out there that'll take a man's pecker clean off. In fact, some of our worst invasives aren't even breathers. Take a look at what I consider the single greatest existential threat Floridians face.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melaleuca

If we let them, these fcukers will kill us all.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#73758 Feb 26, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that's Leroy. He's our last line of defense against naturalized South American aquarium fish. In NY they end up in the sewers but down here, dumbasses turn them out in the wild when they outgrow their tanks. I'll let you in on a little secret...those things are a nuisance but they're the least of our invasive wildlife problems. There are some turtles out there that'll take a man's pecker clean off. In fact, some of our worst invasives aren't even breathers. Take a look at what I consider the single greatest existential threat Floridians face.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melaleuca
If we let them, these fcukers will kill us all.
This is true.

My dad drove us all down there one year. He had this GM camper... It had a kitchen and a shower.

I went skin-diving at Hillsboro Inlet, caught salt-water fish with a slurp-gun and safely transported them back to Michigan. I knew how to make a home-made protein-skimmer back then....on the fly.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73759 Feb 26, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>This is true.
My dad drove us all down there one year. He had this GM camper... It had a kitchen and a shower.
I went skin-diving at Hillsboro Inlet, caught salt-water fish with a slurp-gun and safely transported them back to Michigan. I knew how to make a home-made protein-skimmer back then....on the fly.
Sweet. The Paragon wants me to buy a motor home and take her cross country for a year. I'm resisting on the grounds that I have no desire to traverse the length and breadth of this great nation while riding above a tank of my own waste. Besides, none of those things are equipped for the Cali-Hawaii leg of the trip.

Back in the day, Hillsboro Inlet was the first spot you took your girl parking after you got your drivers license. It was far enough out of Miami to feel like you took her on a trip, yet close enough for your older brother to rescue you if the POS you were driving broke down. Many a finger got stinky in the shadow of the Hillsboro Lighthouse I tell you.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73761 Feb 26, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah...like I said...
Uber-sweet!

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#73762 Feb 26, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Uber-sweet!
You two are making me chub up. I feel like a peeping tom. Do you mind?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73763 Feb 26, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>You two are making me chub up. I feel like a peeping tom. Do you mind?
That depends on what you plan to do with the chubby. I'd say keep it to yourself but I'm already pretty sure that's your intent.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73764 Feb 26, 2014
"The case is Garcia vs. Google Inc et al., 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, No. 12-57302."

Game on.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/26/us-...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73766 Feb 26, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You are obviously not a lawyer. But sometimes I pretend to be. This is merely a copyright infringement case.
Relax. They aren't anti semitic.... they are anti "Zionist". There is a very fine but important difference.... Or so I'm told.
You're right, I'm not a lawyer, I didn't play one on TV either...but I'm surrounded by them. My brother's a lawyer, two of his three kids are lawyers and the one that isn't an attorney is married to one while her sister the lawyer is married to another lawyer. My son in law is currently in law school and he's in the other room looking the case up on LexisNexis just so I can sound coherent when I speculate that the amount of money Google can throw at this almost guarantees that this will be fought on constitutional grounds. Some sentence, huh?

Between us girls, this film is a piece of shit that should never have seen the light of day (although I'm no film critic, but I am surrounded by them...).

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73769 Feb 27, 2014
Faith wrote:
And as far as it goes, and as crazy as it sounds... I stand with Larry Flint and the Illinois Nazis.
First Amendment is our religion.
And Google is it's prophet...good luck getting Larry Flint to stand for it. I'd be offended by that saying if we didn't use the exact same expression when I was growing up too.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#73770 Feb 27, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>And Google is it's prophet...
"it's prophet" -- You mean, "And Google is it is prophet?"

Sleeping in English class again!:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Coffee Party 225,388
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,432,848
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 45 min Red_Forman 9,543
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 45 min Red_Forman 3,194
Word (Dec '08) 46 min Red_Forman 6,754
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 46 min Red_Forman 2,073
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Brian_G 61,487

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages