Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
66,301 - 66,320 of 68,292 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Things are looking up.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/14/us-...

>After crushing the Muslim Brotherhood at home, Egypt's military rulers plan to undermine the Palestinian militant group Hamas, which runs the neighboring Gaza Strip, senior Egyptian security officials told Reuters.<

Go Egypt!!!!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
Things are looking up.
>After crushing the Muslim Brotherhood at home, Egypt's military rulers plan to undermine the Palestinian militant group Hamas, which runs the neighboring Gaza Strip, senior Egyptian security officials told Reuters.<
Go Egypt!!!!
Great...now they're the underdogs. Know who sticks up for the underdog? Everybody.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Great...now they're the underdogs. Know who sticks up for the underdog? Everybody.
They are only the underdogs depending on your view. There are people, like me, that want to see Hamas reduced to lonely players as far as Israel and "ARABS" are concerned.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
They are only the underdogs depending on your view. There are people, like me, that want to see Hamas reduced to lonely players as far as Israel and "ARABS" are concerned.
I'm guessing that the same morons who moan about the blockade now will have a field day with the news that the military-appointed Egyptian government is picking on the poor terrorists. In a perfect world, Hezbollah will start flinging rockets south and forget they have the new, improved longer range Iranian products and accidentally hit Gaza. Whoopee!
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

LIKE IT OR NOT IT'S THE TRUTH

Nixon:
I am not a crook PRESIDENTAL

GHW Bush:
Read my lips - No new taxes

Clinton:
I did not have sex with that woman... Miss Lewinski

Obama:
I will have the most transparent administration in history.
The stimulus will fund shovel-ready jobs.
I am focused like a laser on creating jobs.
The IRS is not targeting anyone.
It was a spontaneous riot about a movie.
If I had a son, I would have liked him to be just like Treyvon.
I will put an end to the type of politics that "breeds division, conflict and cynicism."
You didn't build that!
I will restore trust in Government.
The Cambridge cops acted stupidly.
The public will have 5 days to look at every bill that lands on my desk.
It's not my red line - it is the world's red line.
Whistle blowers will be protected in my administration.
We got back every dime we used to rescue the banks and auto companies, with interest.
I am not spying on American citizens.
ObamaCare will be good for America .
You can keep your family doctor.
Premiums will be lowered by $2500.
If you like it, you can keep your current healthcare plan.
It's just like shopping at Amazon.
I knew nothing about "Fast and Furious" gunrunning to Mexican drug cartels.
I knew nothing about IRS targeting conservative groups.
I knew nothing about what happened in Benghazi.
I have never met my uncle from Kenya who is in the country illegally and that was arrested and told to leave the country over 20 years ago.
And, I have never lived with that uncle.(He finally admitted today,(12-05-2013) that he DID know his uncle and that he DID live with him.

And the biggest one of all:
"I, Barrack Hussein Obama, pledge to preserve, protect
and defend the Constitution of the United States of
America."

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Uh oh, them's fightin' words...

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/2013/12/...

As if they needed any more excuses to kill each other.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Possible or mission impossible?????

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-destroyed...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Uzi wrote:
Possible or mission impossible?????
http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-destroyed...
Anything's possible. Probable? That's different.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Judged:

Why fire?? Give a promotion.

An Emergency Call Centre worker in Ontario, has been fired, much to the dismay of her colleagues who are reportedly unhappy with her dismissal.
It seems a male caller dialled 911 from a mobile phone stating, "I am depressed and lying here on a railway line. I am waiting for the train to come so that I can finally meet Allah."
"Remain calm and stay on the line," was not considered to be an appropriate response.........

Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
Things are looking up.
Go Egypt!!!!
When it comes to clean up the muslim shit there are none better than the muslims. Go Sissi go!!!!!!!
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

Mrs. Rosenberg needs a room

Mrs. Rosenberg needs a room
Mrs. Yetta Rosenberg gets off the plane in Miami and, being tired from the flight, goes to the first hotel she sees in order to get a room. She walks up to the desk and tells the clerk, "I'm Mrs. Yetta Rosenberg, and I desire a room for de night." The clerk looks disdainfully at her and coldly says, "I'm sorry, madam, but our hotel is "completely booked." Just then, a man with his suitcase in hand, drops his key and a check at the desk, and heads for the door. "Oy, vot luck, says Mrs. Rosenberg. "I can take 'his' room." "I'm sorry, madam," says the clerk, "but I thought you understood my meaning. To be blunt, we do not cater to Jews." "Jews?" exclaims Mrs. Rosenberg. "So, who's a Jew? I'm a Cat'lic." In obvious disbelief, the clerk asks her, "If you're a Catholic, then answer this question: Who is the Son of God?" "Dot's easy," says Mrs. Rosenberg, "Jesus Christ." The clerk, still not convinced, then asks, "Who was Jesus' mother and father?" "Mary and Joseph," replies Mrs. Rosenberg , testily. Then the clerk asks, "And where was Jesus born?" "In a manger in a barn," answers Mrs. Rosenberg, becoming agitated. "And why was Jesus born in a manger in a barn?" asks the clerk. "Cause a schmuck like you vouldn't rent a room to Jews!"
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

Sure, it never happened , sure.

Subject: Nazi descendants

The link below (about 8 mins) is definitely worth watching. It was filmed by an Israeli news team who accompanied a group of 2G, 3G, and 4G Nazi descendants on a tour of the death camps.

Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

In
MEMORIAM - 68 YEARS LATER

Please read the little cartoon carefully, it's
powerful.Then read the comments at the end.

I'm doing my small part by forwarding this message. I hope you'll
consider doing the same.

In Memoriam
It is now 68 years after the Second World War in Europe ended. This e-mail is being sent as a memoriam chain, in memory of the six million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians and 1,900 Catholic priests who were murdered,massacred, raped, burned, starved and humiliated with the rest of the world looking the other way,,,,

Now, more than ever, with Iraq , Iran , and others, claiming the Holocaust to be "a myth,"it's imperative to make sure the world never forgets,because there are others who would like to do it again.

This e-mail is intended to reach 40 million people worldwide!

Join us and be a link in the memorial chain and help us distribute it
around the world.

Please send this e-mail to people you know and ask them to
continue the memorial chain.

Please don't just delete it.

Thanks
YesWeCan

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

I think it is pretty funny how African Americans are kicking the shit out of Jews in NY.

I guess you're lucky they are not in Palestine or you would lose your welfare state of Israel. With the almost no resistance Jews are giving them you wouldn't last a week, reminds me of the French in WWII. It really is pathetic when you think about it, men, women and kids under attack and you do nothing, I guess that's why there is so few in the American military.

I guess this isn't your specialty, you're good at bleeding the American tax payer and that kind of thing but not this, ha ha ha, who would have known.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

YesSHITCan wrote:
I think it is pretty funny how African Americans are kicking the shit out of Jews in NY.
I guess you're lucky they are not in Palestine or you would lose your welfare state of Israel. With the almost no resistance Jews are giving them you wouldn't last a week, reminds me of the French in WWII. It really is pathetic when you think about it, men, women and kids under attack and you do nothing, I guess that's why there is so few in the American military.
I guess this isn't your specialty, you're good at bleeding the American tax payer and that kind of thing but not this, ha ha ha, who would have known.
I'm not surprised, Baboon Blood. You fcuken blacks always make sure it's old people and women to demonstrate your savagery on. Being from the stand your ground state, be careful Trevon. Now THAT would be real funny. Or do you skulk around in the darkness where your skin matches the midnight sky?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

YesWeCan wrote:
You know something we don't know about MLK day? If that were happening I think I'd have seen it in Al Jazeera by now (if not the NY Times).

I have a pretty interesting coffee mug collection that makes a liar out of you. I'd thank you for my million dollar education and the ability to convert a lot of money to noise through the years but you'd have had to pay taxes to earn that.

“TUEBOR”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

Are you shttng me? They closed the stock market for MLK Day? That really doesn't apply to coloreds. I could see if the closed all the arab party stores with the bullet-proof glass. That's where most of the banking and high finance in Detroit is done.....lottery tickets, loose menthols......malt liquor futures...

It's like 4 degrees. It's so cold the heat on my car doesn't work.

I wish I had one of those time machines... like...uh.. Orson Welles.
I'd go back 100 years to the day my grandparents were in Europe throwing darts at a map of North America and then trying to pronounce the word "Mish-ee-gun" in whatever language it is they spoke.

I'm guessing it was June.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

FaithUSA wrote:
Are you shttng me? They closed the stock market for MLK Day? That really doesn't apply to coloreds. I could see if the closed all the arab party stores with the bullet-proof glass. That's where most of the banking and high finance in Detroit is done.....lottery tickets, loose menthols......malt liquor futures...
It's like 4 degrees. It's so cold the heat on my car doesn't work.
I wish I had one of those time machines... like...uh.. Orson Welles.
I'd go back 100 years to the day my grandparents were in Europe throwing darts at a map of North America and then trying to pronounce the word "Mish-ee-gun" in whatever language it is they spoke.
I'm guessing it was June.
No wonder you're so uncomfortable, it's H. G. Wells, Orson will only get you attacked by Martians. I practically hate to tell you the double digits down here...how's 62 F. grab you? I'd even be willing to go metric if I thought it would help...16.6 is still 4 times warmer than you've got. The guest room is available.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>No wonder you're so uncomfortable, it's H. G. Wells, Orson will only get you attacked by Martians. I practically hate to tell you the double digits down here...how's 62 F. grab you? I'd even be willing to go metric if I thought it would help...16.6 is still 4 times warmer than you've got. The guest room is available.
H.G. Wells was a wine merchant.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>H.G. Wells was a wine merchant.
Of course...how else could he get that funky-looking machine to change times?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Aphelion 1,095,314
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min gcaveman1 46,214
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 min RACE 97,758
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 29 min Chickenlittle 49,243
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 32 min Nono 3,900
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min JPL 176,675
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 49 min Always Smile 23
Amy 8-20 1 hr Kuuipo 12
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000