Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
65,601 - 65,620 of 67,936 Comments Last updated 51 min ago

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you angry, too?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/09/men-...
Yes, people keep asking me stupid questions. You?

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, people keep asking me stupid questions. You?
Momma says, "Stupid is as stupid does."

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Momma says, "Stupid is as stupid does."
I would be able to understand any regret you may have acquired since you were cognizant for the procedure. I laugh at those jerks who are pissed at their parents for having it done before they even knew how to find their peckers. They (I) have no concept of what the difference feels like so I (they) should have no complaint.

Your calling may be to serve mankind by documenting your experience so these a-holes will know what they are or are not missing. We can call it your "special purpose".

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I would be able to understand any regret you may have acquired since you were cognizant for the procedure. I laugh at those jerks who are pissed at their parents for having it done before they even knew how to find their peckers. They (I) have no concept of what the difference feels like so I (they) should have no complaint.
Your calling may be to serve mankind by documenting your experience so these a-holes will know what they are or are not missing. We can call it your "special purpose".
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Personally? I was virgin until I had the procedure. Who wants a dog's dik? Arf Arf.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

NEWSFLASH!!!

Interesting Fact...
The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World.
But if you take out Chicago, Detroit , Washington DC and New Orleans , the United States is 4th from the Bottom for Murders.
These 4 Cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the United States .
And all these cities are run by DEMOCRATS! Imagine that.
Does this tell you anything?
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Hamas top dog Khaled Meshal visits Erdogan in Ankara, calls for end of talks and renewal of armed jihad against Israel
Rapidly re-Islamizing Turkey continues to embrace the jihad against Israel. "Hamas leader calls for end to talks with Israel, urges armed struggle," by Jack Khoury for Haaretz, October 9 :

The head of the political wing of Hamas, Khaled Meshal, implicitly called on the Palestinian Authority Wednesday to cease peace negotiations with Israel immediately, claiming that continuing the talks would endanger the status of Jerusalem. Meshal, who is living in Qatar with other Hamas leaders, was in Ankara...
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Obama is the Muslim Bros President
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Obama comes out strongly for the Muslim Brotherhood, suspends hundreds of millions in military and other aid to Egypt
This is essentially an attempt to force the Egyptian people to restore the Muslim Brotherhood to power, or face the wrecking of the Egyptian economy. Obama is blackmailing Egypt to force it to become a Sharia state.

"State Department: US suspending hundreds of millions in military and other aid to Egypt," from the Associated Press, October 9:

WASHINGTON (AP) State Department: US suspending hundreds of millions in military and other aid to Egypt.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Uzi wrote:
Obama comes out strongly for the Muslim Brotherhood, suspends hundreds of millions in military and other aid to Egypt
This is essentially an attempt to force the Egyptian people to restore the Muslim Brotherhood to power, or face the wrecking of the Egyptian economy. Obama is blackmailing Egypt to force it to become a Sharia state.
"State Department: US suspending hundreds of millions in military and other aid to Egypt," from the Associated Press, October 9:
WASHINGTON (AP) State Department: US suspending hundreds of millions in military and other aid to Egypt.
Can you honestly say that what happened in Egypt was not a coup? Because if the military arresting the sitting president and his administration one year into their term isn't a coup, then not only is he a Kenyan Muslim but Obama's a treaty violator too. On the other hand, since it's an explicit violation of US law to fund a junta that's overthrown a democratically elected government, at least he's not a criminal.

I've seen reports of funding, not funding, funding, not funding...attributed to different state department spokespersons and they were all dated today. I can wait until tomorrow to form an opinion.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Can you honestly say that what happened in Egypt was not a coup? Because if the military arresting the sitting president and his administration one year into their term isn't a coup, then not only is he a Kenyan Muslim but Obama's a treaty violator too. On the other hand, since it's an explicit violation of US law to fund a junta that's overthrown a democratically elected government, at least he's not a criminal.
I've seen reports of funding, not funding, funding, not funding...attributed to different state department spokespersons and they were all dated today. I can wait until tomorrow to form an opinion.
If the majority of people in this country supported a takeover of the Government because of policies NOT favored by the majority of dissatisfied citizens who thought they were getting a good deal, I would support it. When the free cell phones run out and the entitlements exceed the input of working Americans, we should have the balls of the Military in Eygpt to take charge of the country. Not just roll over and say elections were the way. They are not. People like you can justify Government abuse and make excuses by blaming it on "Democracy". BS. There comnes a time when enough is enough. Let this f cking media form your opinions. Ignore the gut.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I know exactly what you mean, look how quiet it's been around here lately. And it's not just here...all the comments on all the stories dealing with the Arab Spring countries show signs of apathy. It's as though the sticker shock has worn off and everyone is just over-saturated. Know what it means when fifty people die in clashes in Egypt? It's Monday.
Yep. No more spring, just a bunch of power hungry generals manipulating a credulous population.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Can you honestly say that what happened in Egypt was not a coup? Because if the military arresting the sitting president and his administration one year into their term isn't a coup, then not only is he a Kenyan Muslim but Obama's a treaty violator too. On the other hand, since it's an explicit violation of US law to fund a junta that's overthrown a democratically elected government, at least he's not a criminal.
I respect your stance on this issue.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
If the majority of people in this country supported a takeover of the Government because of policies NOT favored by the majority of dissatisfied citizens who thought they were getting a good deal, I would support it. When the free cell phones run out and the entitlements exceed the input of working Americans, we should have the balls of the Military in Eygpt to take charge of the country. Not just roll over and say elections were the way. They are not. People like you can justify Government abuse and make excuses by blaming it on "Democracy". BS. There comnes a time when enough is enough. Let this f cking media form your opinions. Ignore the gut.
It's less gut or media and more law of the land.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Yep. No more spring, just a bunch of power hungry generals manipulating a credulous population.
I don't know how far things would have slid if el-Sisi hadn't clamped down on the Islamists but Egypt was clearly going down the toilet and it was accelerating. Since democracy and Sharia can't coexist and since there seemed to be just as many against as for Islamic rule, the general might one day be recognized as the man who kept Egypt from tearing it's own guts out.

In all likelihood Egypt will get their aid. It won't take much to show that the country is on the path to new elections now that the MB has been suppressed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know how far things would have slid if el-Sisi hadn't clamped down on the Islamists but Egypt was clearly going down the toilet and it was accelerating. Since democracy and Sharia can't coexist and since there seemed to be just as many against as for Islamic rule, the general might one day be recognized as the man who kept Egypt from tearing it's own guts out.
In all likelihood Egypt will get their aid. It won't take much to show that the country is on the path to new elections now that the MB has been suppressed.
The coup made it worse. Before the coup you didn't have Egyptian soldiers dying by the dozens every other day. It's going to get worse once Sisi declares he's running for president. The man thinks he's the next Jamal Abdulnasser.
I'm just curious to see how the leftists are going to react when this megalomaniac becomes president.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> The coup made it worse. Before the coup you didn't have Egyptian soldiers dying by the dozens every other day. It's going to get worse once Sisi declares he's running for president. The man thinks he's the next Jamal Abdulnasser.
I'm just curious to see how the leftists are going to react when this megalomaniac becomes president.
That's what soldiers do. Somebody has to keep the animals at bay. Not to worry. When they can't kill soldiers they'll just start killing their own. Just look around. It's in their genes to blow sh!t up and murder their brethren.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> The coup made it worse. Before the coup you didn't have Egyptian soldiers dying by the dozens every other day. It's going to get worse once Sisi declares he's running for president. The man thinks he's the next Jamal Abdulnasser.
Leftists? There's Leftists?

It seems to me there was a slow anarchist slide going on when the army put their foot down. The administration was following the Turkish model and eradicating the military leadership, hoping to install generals sympathetic to the regime. Too bad their hand-picked replacement for Tantawi was more about Egypt than he was about Allah.

As a general rule, the side with the Air Force, artillery, infantry and Navy will usually beat the side with the political placards and posters. Mind you, it's not cast in stone but no matter who's running things, the Palestinians in Gaza always seem to get the hose.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>It's less gut or media and more law of the land.
Then it's a good thing that Egypt didn't follow the "Law of the Land". I'm loving it. You guys make the word "coup" sound like a bad thing. You and I know that anything that stems this sickness called Islam is a good thing. JMHO.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it's a good thing that Egypt didn't follow the "Law of the Land". I'm loving it. You guys make the word "coup" sound like a bad thing. You and I know that anything that stems this sickness called Islam is a good thing. JMHO.
Sorry, I don't mean it's a bad thing per se. I mean that we have laws that specifically prohibit our supporting a regime that holds power via a coup. I didn't make it up, didn't vote for it, I just live with it. It becomes harder to hold yourself out as a beacon of democracy when you fund violent regime change under the table.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min THE DEVIL 1,079,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Mothra 45,790
UNIPORT PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 S... 7 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Amy 7-24 9 min Toj 23
Avondale and Chicago's Polish Village Celebrate... 9 min bensleys thoughts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min Sublime1 97,528
UNILAG PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SE... 12 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Frank 174,605
Abby 7-24 11 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••