Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#72165 Sep 21, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. Blah Blah Blah. Talk is cheap. When the sh!t comes down, you keep twiddling those thumbs. There are other avenues that need to be explored. You know, Warrior, you don't even come close to realizing the hordes that are massing on Israel's borders.(aka Syria) This ain't 1967 and you ain't tucked into your Vietnam era aircraft killing machine. Actually, you are starting to bore me.
Then my work here is done.

Good day.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#72166 Sep 22, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Then my work here is done.
Good day.
It was, wasn't it?

"To begin with, his use of the term,“the Jews” is a misnomer. There is no such thing as “the Jews”, except in the twisted fantasies of anti-Semites who imagine an annual conclave at which we all gather to elect a leader and spread across the world in some mutually agreed upon nefarious fashion."

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#72167 Sep 22, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
It was, wasn't it?
"To begin with, his use of the term,“the Jews” is a misnomer. There is no such thing as “the Jews”, except in the twisted fantasies of anti-Semites who imagine an annual conclave at which we all gather to elect a leader and spread across the world in some mutually agreed upon nefarious fashion."

Time to put a dollar amount on how much you love your favorite show.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/national/breaki...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72168 Sep 22, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=vlh4iaVyk44XX
Time to put a dollar amount on how much you love your favorite show.
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/national/breaki...
LOL. He did spend a lot of time showing them. Interesting to note that he doesn't have my package. 2 more shows. I think. Ray Donovan's final show for the season, on Showtime. What to do. What to do.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72169 Sep 22, 2013
Taking away the mindless comedies geared toward a fifth grade education audience, all the Drama shows up for Emmy's are on cable. Tell you something? It tells me something about attention span. Veep, Newsroom, Breaking Bad, Homeland, House of Cards, were and are fantastic. Unfortunately, it's not free. But, neither was your college education. Arf Arf.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#72170 Sep 22, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
Taking away the mindless comedies geared toward a fifth grade education audience, all the Drama shows up for Emmy's are on cable. Tell you something? It tells me something about attention span. Veep, Newsroom, Breaking Bad, Homeland, House of Cards, were and are fantastic. Unfortunately, it's not free. But, neither was your college education. Arf Arf.
I get the channels, I just try to limit my viewing time. It's too easy to slip into vidiocy and get lost in the plot lines. And I'm past the point where I can't stand to miss an episode. DVR...ever heard of it? It'll give you your life back.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#72171 Sep 22, 2013
It makes perfect sense.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...

If you need help with Islamic terrorists, who better to call than the people who have the longest and most experience with them?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72172 Sep 22, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I get the channels, I just try to limit my viewing time. It's too easy to slip into vidiocy and get lost in the plot lines. And I'm past the point where I can't stand to miss an episode. DVR...ever heard of it? It'll give you your life back.
DVR? What's that? 8-Track, what's that? 2 sided cassette players? What's that? It's standard DVD Players already being replaced by Blue-Ray. Next? Blue Ray being replaced by 3-D viewers. What the fccuk is "vidiocy"? Being past the point of missing an episode is only the hemp talking. I mean Sundays have to have special viewing alternatives other than just being here. Who ya got? Breaking Bad or Ray Donovan? Ray is probably in for another season. 2 more Breaking Bad. What to do. What to do.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72173 Sep 22, 2013
Oh me. Oh My. I thought you posted VCR, not DVR. Mea Culpa. But, now we have u-verse. Is there no end? Not. LOL

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#72176 Sep 22, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
DVR? What's that? 8-Track, what's that? 2 sided cassette players? What's that? It's standard DVD Players already being replaced by Blue-Ray. Next? Blue Ray being replaced by 3-D viewers. What the fccuk is "vidiocy"? Being past the point of missing an episode is only the hemp talking. I mean Sundays have to have special viewing alternatives other than just being here. Who ya got? Breaking Bad or Ray Donovan? Ray is probably in for another season. 2 more Breaking Bad. What to do. What to do.
vid·i·o·cy noun 1. extremely stupid behavior brought on by obsessive investment in episodic television programming. synonyms: stupidity, folly, foolishness, foolhardiness, ignorance; madness, insanity, lunacy, nonsense; silliness, brainlessness, thoughtlessness, senselessness, irresponsibility, imprudence, ineptitude, inanity, absurdity, ludicrousness, fatuousness; informal craziness.

Whitey tighies wins.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72177 Sep 22, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>vid·i·o·cy noun 1. extremely stupid behavior brought on by obsessive investment in episodic television programming. synonyms: stupidity, folly, foolishness, foolhardiness, ignorance; madness, insanity, lunacy, nonsense; silliness, brainlessness, thoughtlessness, senselessness, irresponsibility, imprudence, ineptitude, inanity, absurdity, ludicrousness, fatuousness; informal craziness.
Whitey tighies wins.
Wrong Bongo. Vidiocy. Sounds just like you trying to entice Ahmad to join you in your vidiocy madness. No?

Noun. The state or condition of being addicted to video games.
The man who was addicted to video games was suffering from vidiocy. You may not like my link, but, at least, I posted one.

Vidiot

A person habitually consumed in video or computer games to the point of losing contact with the world around him, often evidenced by a blank or glazed look and disheveled appearance.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72178 Sep 22, 2013
No matter how much McCain’s original audience,(attributed only) or any since, appreciates his remarks; the dark apocalypticism in which they are couched is really not so healthy. The doomsday scenario that he predicts, even if accurate, is surely not the basis upon which to support the existence of the State of Israel anymore than a relentless campaign of suicide terror is the basis upon which to support the creation of a Palestinian state.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72179 Sep 22, 2013
#72174 is missing. LMFAO. Like there's an Islamic censor.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#72180 Sep 22, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
No matter how much McCain’s original audience,(attributed only) or any since, appreciates his remarks; the dark apocalypticism in which they are couched is really not so healthy. The doomsday scenario that he predicts, even if accurate, is surely not the basis upon which to support the existence of the State of Israel anymore than a relentless campaign of suicide terror is the basis upon which to support the creation of a Palestinian state.
Yep, sounds exactly like something you'd write.

Not.

If you interpret their position as meaning that before they go down they will take a lot of their attackers with them, I think you're absolutely right. If you're implying that their stance on survival is an impediment to peace with the Arabs I think you're a chump.(If it is he and not thee, you have my apology)

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72181 Sep 22, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, sounds exactly like something you'd write.
Not.
If you interpret their position as meaning that before they go down they will take a lot of their attackers with them, I think you're absolutely right. If you're implying that their stance on survival is an impediment to peace with the Arabs I think you're a chump.(If it is he and not thee, you have my apology)
No apology needed. As I said, the Devil's Advocate was speaking for the sake of discussion. Personally, I see no other way out other being ready. Arabs are a different breed. For example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/22/world/middl... ;

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#72182 Sep 22, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
No apology needed. As I said, the Devil's Advocate was speaking for the sake of discussion. Personally, I see no other way out other being ready. Arabs are a different breed. For example:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/22/world/middl... ;
I'm not sure how far back we'd need to go but I'm pretty sure I'm already on record asking the Arabs where they'd like us to ship their third-holiest site. It's in Israel...if not for the treaty with Jordan they could box it up and send it to Aqaba. In fact, Jordan could use the tourism revenue.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72183 Sep 22, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure how far back we'd need to go but I'm pretty sure I'm already on record asking the Arabs where they'd like us to ship their third-holiest site. It's in Israel...if not for the treaty with Jordan they could box it up and send it to Aqaba. In fact, Jordan could use the tourism revenue.
Having had my customary Sunday night 2 lbs of steamers, and doing all the dishes like a good little boy, I'm heading for my dose of vidiocy. I'm taking Ray Donovan as it's their season finale. John Voight at his best. It put me on to this song that got me dancing with the Mrs tonight. Silly sh!t , but we did it. Try it, You'll like it. Good night ,Commander.
mazen

Mississauga, Canada

#72184 Sep 22, 2013
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
This was never an announced goal for the operation, neither was the eradication of Hamas. Operation "Cast Lead" was solely conducted for the purpose of ending the terrorist rocket attacks on our southern towns and cities, as declared very clearly from the start by Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Minister of Defense Ehud Barak. This has been achieved as evident of the current calm in our southern border and 3 more days won't change it.. Israel has changed the equation and Hamas now knows the price it will pay for every violation of this calm.
Gil'ad Shalit shall return home in due time, I trust my government is doing whatever it can to secure his release from captivity from the hands of his vile abductors.
I hope one day Egypt and Israel can cooperate , sadly we did not utilize camp david to benefit from Israel experience in government governance and private business.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#72185 Sep 23, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Having had my customary Sunday night 2 lbs of steamers, and doing all the dishes like a good little boy, I'm heading for my dose of vidiocy. I'm taking Ray Donovan as it's their season finale. John Voight at his best. It put me on to this song that got me dancing with the Mrs tonight. Silly sh!t , but we did it. Try it, You'll like it. Good night ,Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =t0KzLo0-6RoXX
Congrats on the Emmy, your praise of Breaking Bad has been justified.

Viva la Whitey Tighties!
YesWeCan

Naples, FL

#72186 Sep 23, 2013
How y'all doing? Not much has changed since last time I was here. The Israelis are still bleeding the US tax payer and continued with their evil ways. The largest welfare state in the world who pretends to be a real country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nuculur option 1,153,793
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min John Lofton 98,849
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Fair Game 49,178
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,795
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,866
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,916
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr _Zoey_ 358
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]