Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
65,281 - 65,300 of 68,054 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>You nailed it!
Have fun..I personally couldn't spend that much time in a place named by someone with a speech impediment.
You crack me up. Afternoon-3:00PM and later for the trip. I'm going with somebody I worked with 30yrs ago. Ran into him at a lake where he seems to be the Mayor of all that is good about fishing. Couldn't believe it. He invited me to go to his honey hole. Don't get any weird ideas. Man, did HE got old. LOL

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
You crack me up. Afternoon-3:00PM and later for the trip. I'm going with somebody I worked with 30yrs ago. Ran into him at a lake where he seems to be the Mayor of all that is good about fishing. Couldn't believe it. He invited me to go to his honey hole. Don't get any weird ideas. Man, did HE got old. LOL
There's a minor going on 2:45-3:45...GET SOME!

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>There's a minor going on 2:45-3:45...GET SOME!
And here I thought we were good. You got a mean streak and you deserve anything you get. Veeky had better be on his toes. I mean, way up on those toes. Or, stay out of the showers.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
And here I thought we were good. You got a mean streak and you deserve anything you get. Veeky had better be on his toes. I mean, way up on those toes. Or, stay out of the showers.
FTW?
freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>That site spends a lot of time buffering and pandering for premium service. I'll download the torrent and watch it again...I promise. In the beginning of this conversation I said that after this season, a lot of good writing would be lost. Your passion for the subject speaks volumes on behalf of my statement. As well, your concern for qualities like loyalty and integrity speak to your metamorphosis and growth as an actor and person. It wasn't always the case but I'm feeling lucky to have an internet buddy like you.
You don't need to defend Ize to me...we're doing fine. He does need a good fight every once in a while to flush the dark thoughts from his system, other than that, he's a big, cuddly Teddy Bear of a pal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I wouldn't recommend downloading anything. I rechecked it, once you close the pop-ups, it plays smoothly.

http://www.videoweed.es/file/e645513a2b0f2

41:00-47:20
http://www.videoweed.es/file/8a88441af4f11

36:40-46:30
http://vidto.me/nf1bsqyctwh8.html

I like passion & passionate people even in fiction, you're right. Just having fun with cyber buddies, no biggie. I almost backed into Dexter by accident but since you appeared to like it and are based in Miami, hey I thought hey we have something in common afterall.

But like I said even though it's TV, I couldn't turn off the mental gears completely (although that grueling 4 day marathon can really screw with your head at times).

Plus my world has expanded, not geographically like before, but in a much broader/deeper sense of the word over recent years. This seemingly out of left field choice of lib/performance arts probably helped shape that -- or maybe it was the other way around and I was rebelling against the old order, instinctively drawn to what seemed more natural... and it was a perfect match, a calling if you will. Who knows.

I used to think I was pretty fearless, but have since realized that a person can be fearless or tough physically but a coward morally & cripple emotionally. I don't want that; would much rather be a balanced human being -- and loyalty, integrity, compassion have to a part of that even if they come at the expense of EGO or naked ambition...

so maybe that's why I subconsciously relate to not just Deb Morgan but Dexter too (the whole wanting to become more "human".... let's not over-think it though, haha, it's just silly entertainment right?)

I do disagree with you on the writing part. Unless you mean the entire concept of the series, in which case yeah looking back to around 2006-2007, Dexter would have probably the best thing on TV.

But that shouldn't excuse the subsequent assassination of character, plausibility & sheer self-satisfied laziness (had a misfortune of seeing one podcast with the new showrunners, mercy are they delusional or what!)

Guess we compartmentalize things differently. You don't seem to separate the hotness factor or lack thereof of Jennifer Carpenter -- and comparison her to (prime) Brigitte Bardot is pretty unfair, LOL.... while I find Debra Morgan to be quite likable and admirable, flaws and all.

Anyway, I'll try to drop by later today, if you feel like chatting some more about silly TV fare and such. It's definately enjoyable and blast from the past for me and a change of pace from the complicated world of "real-life".
Freedom terrister

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>That site spends a lot of time buffering and pandering for premium service. I'll download the torrent and watch it again...I promise. In the beginning of this conversation I said that after this season, a lot of good writing would be lost. Your passion for the subject speaks volumes on behalf of my statement. As well, your concern for qualities like loyalty and integrity speak to your metamorphosis and growth as an actor and person. It wasn't always the case but I'm feeling lucky to have an internet buddy like you.
You don't need to defend Ize to me...we're doing fine. He does need a good fight every once in a while to flush the dark thoughts from his system, other than that, he's a big, cuddly Teddy Bear of a pal.
I wouldn't recommend downloading anything. I rechecked it, once you close the pop-ups, it plays smoothly.

I like passion & passionate people even in fiction, you're right. Just having fun with cyber buddies, no biggie. I almost backed into Dexter by accident but since you appeared to like it and are based in Miami, hey I thought hey we have something in common afterall.

But like I said even though it's TV, I couldn't turn off the mental gears completely (although that grueling 4 day marathon can really screw with your head at times).

Plus my world has expanded, not geographically like before, but in a much broader/deeper sense of the word over recent years. This seemingly out of left field choice of lib/performance arts probably helped shape that -- or maybe it was the other way around and I was rebelling against the old order, instinctively drawn to what seemed more natural... and it was a perfect match, a calling if you will. Who knows, though as Life seems so mysterious & it's really hard to be objective about one's self.

I used to think I was pretty fearless, but have since realized that a person can be fearless or tough physically but a coward morally & cripple emotionally. I don't want that; would much rather be a balanced human being -- and loyalty, integrity, compassion have to a part of that even if they come at the expense of EGO or naked ambition...

so maybe that's why I subconsciously relate to not just Deb Morgan but Dexter too (the whole wanting to become more "human".... let's not over-think it though, haha, it's just silly entertainment right?)

I do disagree with you on the writing part. Unless you mean the entire concept of the series, in which case yeah looking back to around 2006-2007, Dexter would have probably the best thing on TV.

But that shouldn't excuse the subsequent assassination of character, plausibility & sheer self-satisfied laziness (had a misfortune of seeing one podcast with the new showrunners, mercy are they delusional or what!)

Guess we compartmentalize things differently. You don't seem to separate the hotness factor or lack thereof of Jennifer Carpenter -- and comparison her to (prime) Brigitte Bardot is pretty unfair, LOL.... while I find Debra Morgan to be quite likable and admirable, flaws and all.

Anyway, I'll try to drop by later today, if you feel like chatting some more about silly TV fare. It's definately enjoyable and blast from the past for me and a change of pace from the complicated world of "real-life"

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Freedom terrister wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus my world has expanded, not geographically like before, but in a much broader/deeper sense of the word over recent years. This seemingly out of left field choice of lib/performance arts probably helped shape that -- or maybe it was the other way around and I was rebelling against the old order, instinctively drawn to what seemed more natural... and it was a perfect match, a calling if you will. Who knows, though as Life seems so mysterious & it's really hard to be objective about one's self.
Anyway, I'll try to drop by later today, if you feel like chatting some more about silly TV fare. It's definately enjoyable and blast from the past for me and a change of pace from the complicated world of "real-life"
Reclaiming your lost column inches?

I feel compelled to come clean about a couple of things...

First, I really don't watch much TV anymore. When I do turn it on, the TV is like a snooze button that helps me disconnect and drift off. For that reason I watch some laughs and then some learns and soon I'm off to sleep.

Second, I haven't lived in Miami for over 30 years but yes, I still follow the pulse of my home town. Not via a fictional show set there, but by reading the Miami Herald or talking to my brother who stubbornly refuses to abandon the ancestral ship.

Third, I definitely don't endorse marathon viewing in order to catch up on a show. Just look what it's done to Mr. Ize.
Freedom terrister

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Reclaiming your lost column inches?
First, I really don't watch much TV anymore. When I do turn it on, the TV is like a snooze button that helps me disconnect and drift off. For that reason I watch some laughs and then some learns and soon I'm off to sleep.
Second, I haven't lived in Miami for over 30 years but yes, I still follow the pulse of my home town. Not via a fictional show set there, but by reading the Miami Herald or talking to my brother who stubbornly refuses to abandon the ancestral ship.
Third, I definitely don't endorse marathon viewing in order to catch up on a show. Just look what it's done to Mr. Ize.
"Ya killin me smalls" :)

I thought we finally found something in commmon, however trivial. And don't knock fiction; it not only is informed by real life, created by real people, it sometimes can be more "real" than reality itself. Certainly more entertaining & insightful. Even guilty pleasure fare like Dexter.

Hey whatever, I am enjoying this back and forth, irregardless. I hope the links help be on the same page, I tend to try to reference things in real-time so as to make sure we're on tne same page (tried to provide the exact time-frame, so you and Ize don't have to watch the whole thing).

I get it, as I said before, I never used to think much of the TV realm either (if it weren't for my studies/craft component, certainly wouldn't put myself through 4-day wringers like that, however enjoyable it was truth be told). To be fair, TV quality in the last decade is WAY up, at times exceeding the movies even the literary source-material, just have to find the right show(s).

For some reason I remembered you mentioning Miami. Either way, you can't take Miami out of a person, right? Keeping the pulse on the place as you say, does show get the essence/vib of Miami right? Has it changed in 30 years (cocaine wars, hispanification and all? Why did you leave if you don't mind?)

Does fasting on this Yom Kippur extend to internet posting? I am atoning, but maybe not enough?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Reclaiming your lost column inches?
As for the third thing, it costs money , Jew Cork Soaker. You know, pay for premium viewing? If you ain't taking you fall asleep. I get it. LOL
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Some "NEWS", I am saying this for many many years and now the arabs are saying the same thing. Good morning America!!!!!!!!!!

http://personalliberty.com/2013/09/11/is-obam...
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>FTW?
Playing Hangman again?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Uzi wrote:
Some "NEWS", I am saying this for many many years and now the arabs are saying the same thing. Good morning America!!!!!!!!!!
http://personalliberty.com/2013/09/11/is-obam...
That publication is great for lining the cat's litter box. Ranks right up there with Gravy's Veterans Today. Nice work.

Since: Jun 10

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Uzi wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/why-pale stinians-want-learn-israelis-1 45612784.html#/video/clashes-c ontinue-turkish-capital-064434 367.html

Good piece..

After 5 - 6 times we had parents complain to the five old timers that set up our improvised headquarters at the local library to help the Arab kids with homework ... and after seven successful results ... all of them, knock on wood, still studying .. two Illuminati israeli commies lawyers wrote a threatening note to the library director, with a copy to the city mayor ....listing our names and accusing us of 'brain washing the innocent kids'..

NONE of the Arab parents but one .. came out and supported us.

We abandoned ship ... and until this moment nobody took the bull by the horns and set up a symilar joint within the Arab community to help the kids..

There are private after-school classes that cost money ... and that none of the kids we helped could or can afford..

M,(71), a Polish born Israeli full hearted volunteer, undoubtly the very best of us ... summarized the situation we got into..

"I wish those parents loved the kids more than they hate us.." (Golda had a similar line a few moons ago).

Since: Jun 10

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

From subject to subject ... however, remaining always on the same subject..

""The distance between Gaza and Ramallah in sheer miles is hardly significant.

But in actuality, both cities represent two different political realities, with inescapable cultural and socioeconomic dimensions. Their geopolitical horizons are vastly different as well Gaza is situated within its immediate Arab surroundings and turmoil, while Ramallah is westernized in too many aspects to count.""

...from the donkey's mouth..

http://maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Voice of Peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
Good piece..
After 5 - 6 times we had parents complain to the five old timers that set up our improvised headquarters at the local library to help the Arab kids with homework ... and after seven successful results ... all of them, knock on wood, still studying .. two Illuminati israeli commies lawyers wrote a threatening note to the library director, with a copy to the city mayor ....listing our names and accusing us of 'brain washing the innocent kids'..
We abandoned ship ... and until this moment nobody took the bull by the horns and set up a symilar joint within the Arab community to help the kids..
There are private after-school classes that cost money ... and that none of the kids we helped could or can afford..
M,(71), a Polish born Israeli full hearted volunteer, undoubtly the very best of us ... summarized the situation we got into..
"I wish those parents loved the kids more than they hate us.." (Golda had a similar line a few moons ago).
"Good piece" Mutt said to Jeff. One lies and the other swears to it. LMFAO.

http://www.google.com/imgres...
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
That publication is great for lining the cat's litter box. Ranks right up there with Gravy's Veterans Today. Nice work.
Hey dickhead, talking about the muslim publications or you just "missed" it. Sooner or later your kind will have to get out of your coma.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Voice of Peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
Good piece..
Did I ever tell you that arab muslims are stupid?? Go to Haifa and see the difference between muslims and christians (both arabs).Day and night. Have fun.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dickhead, talking about the muslim publications or you just "missed" it. Sooner or later your kind will have to get out of your coma.
Coma? How about your obsession with our POTUS? They put Hinkley away and shot Oswald. You need treatment. Here's your prescription. Call me in the morning.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Did anybody else break the fast with Belgian waffles?

In bed?

Unalone?

I think I may have further reformed Judaism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

95 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Eman 1,082,804
Am 7-29 10 min Stina2 8
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min CDC 48,970
North Korea Vows to Nuke White House 41 min Maybe we could 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,034
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min Sublime1 97,573
Abby 7-29 1 hr Pippa 14
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE