Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 20 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#71928 Sep 11, 2013
Freedom Terrister wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, nah you mentioned missing MCH, i was just off-handedly pointing out that not only Deborrah Morgan only got unbelievably screwed over and over by both her older sibling and father -- I'd blown my brains out like 3 times by now.... but that even the actress playing her Jennifer Carpenter had to rise above years of, alternatively, atrociously unimaginative and then ridiculously implausible writing-- and if that weren't not enough, even the Emmy's snubbed her (while perennially nominating her ex-hustand).
Surresli, have you seen a single episode of so called Emmy darlings of yore like aformentioned Cagney and Lacey? Sure technically wasn't even born when it orginally aired, but come on duderino: it's laughably bad/campy on par with Charlie's Angels or 60's Batman, lulz. Or heck, someone like Carmela Soprano get auto Emmy's for same ol' same ol' every year.
re: cup size. eh, granted it doesn't get more shallow and cruel than in the circle(s) I hang out these days.... but I come here to take respite from that, so honestly whatever happened to variety being the spice of life, or whatever that American idiom says? Sometimes you're in a mood for a Kate Upton or a (young) Angelina. Other times, a potty-mouthed, sporty, hyper-sexual, ms. black and white morality Deb Morgan presents another kind of challenge altogether, especially with my childhood background in athletics I know plenty girls like that. I am all about challenge, the morer the betterer, as it were. So sue me, haha
but since you mention it, in the Dexter books, Deborrah actually is supposed to be more conventionally pretty and voluptuous - think Jessica Simpson or Katherine Heigl. but here's the thing: Julliard-trained Carpenter apparently blew the producers away in early auditions, so they cast against type.
and what do you get? An empowering, fun female character the likes which hasn't quite been seen before. Again, I am thankfully not a Miami type a person, no offense TRD, and my familiarity with the show is mostly derived from watching all 7 seasons in 4 days and for different reasons (scene break-down, transitions, other technical stuff as is usually the case when I foray into tv, but here I am speaking only as a lay-person about enjoyable fluff)
what's more, while, Dexter is a unique character that carries the water, thematically/philosophically without Deb there is no show, either. Simple as that.
sorry for the typos, at this hour i am literally on the run, will try to check back
I'm not denying her quality as an actor or the intrinsic nature of her performance in the ensemble...just sayin' she's flat chested. In the beginning of TV that may have been a vague advantage because women wore their collars buttoned up. Now, it's a competition to see who can get more Miley Cyrus the fastest. I know I'm not the shallowest guy out here so lets hope there are more female Emmy judges in the future to lend the breastessesless a hand.
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

#71930 Sep 11, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lewis was great in Band of Brothers. Took me awhile to figure out where I had seen him before. Being out of the loop and all. LOL Longmire's key character is the busiest Australian actor they have. Phillips plays an Indian and his best friend. All these shows are available on Demand and I have marathoned all of them, once I get hooked. For you, I'll take a shot at Dexter. Showtime-Demand is also available. Speaking of which, Canelo-Mayweather. Who ya got?
no for really reals, i try not to recommend things like marathoning since the shows were not designed for that. at least when i do it, i do for specific reasons (and as byproduct because of those 4 days, i can pretty much "quote" or act out any scene with any character from the show, switching mid-line, splicing, fusing, etc this is my idea of effin around, don't try this at home kids, lulz).

if you like the type of dark humour not found in glorified museum pieces like, say, Boardwalk Empire or Daunton Abbey.... and you don't expect too much gore (better served to go Hostel or Saw for that)....

you may just enjoy the manipulative "neat lil' monster" like Dexteroo

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#71933 Sep 11, 2013
Freedom Terrister wrote:
<quoted text>
no for really reals, i try not to recommend things like marathoning since the shows were not designed for that. at least when i do it, i do for specific reasons (and as byproduct because of those 4 days, i can pretty much "quote" or act out any scene with any character from the show, switching mid-line, splicing, fusing, etc this is my idea of effin around, don't try this at home kids, lulz).
if you like the type of dark humour not found in glorified museum pieces like, say, Boardwalk Empire or Daunton Abbey.... and you don't expect too much gore (better served to go Hostel or Saw for that)....
you may just enjoy the manipulative "neat lil' monster" like Dexteroo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-BWM-2RKRPcXX
Museum piece? I am. Nucky Thompson is the man. I guess I better check Daunton Abbey. I like classics. LOL As far as on demand goes I never would have caught the last two seasons of Homeland, which premiers season 3 at the end of this month. Like, you really care what the shows were designed for. What's Hulu designed for? live viewing? Huh? Huh? The big plus is being able to fast forward by those dreadful commercials. Back it up to catch any missed dialogue or watch a torrid sex scene over and over until you soil your long johns. Ann Coulter misses you and I do, too.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#71934 Sep 11, 2013
and don't call me reals. I'm Caucasian. Mayweather vs Canelo. Who ya got?
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#71936 Sep 11, 2013
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

#71937 Sep 11, 2013
my posts #71929, 31, 32 and 36 to Rinnisons Man aren't showing up, good ol' Topix haha or just this phone? will never know

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#71940 Sep 11, 2013
Freedom Terrister wrote:
my posts #71929, 31, 32 and 36 to Rinnisons Man aren't showing up, good ol' Topix haha or just this phone? will never know
They don't show up here, either. Has to be the phone. As you can see, Rinnisons Man, is running the show and he would never block you. Did you tick him off? I did. LMFAO. So, who ya got? Mayweather/Alvarez? Or, did your craft slowly remove your knowledge, hence, interest in such things?

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#71941 Sep 11, 2013
Faith, are you lurking? Were you stoned in Nov 2012 when you posted this? Have you changed your mind? Talk to us, Sweets.

&fe ature=related
FrTr

Chicago, IL

#71942 Sep 11, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't show up here, either. Has to be the phone. As you can see, Rinnisons Man, is running the show and he would never block you. Did you tick him off? I did. LMFAO. So, who ya got? Mayweather/Alvarez? Or, did your craft slowly remove your knowledge, hence, interest in such things?
What about posts 71938-39?

Here's the thing: me and TRD disagree on/argue about almost everything as you can tell, haha....

but I consider him a friend, look up to him since I was 14 years old when this thread started and I was just in the beginning stages of my rebellion against my family/lifestyle and discovering the amazing immensity we call "Life Itself".

So you will never see me insult the guy; I pride myself on being loyal to a fault (maybe it's one of the reason I like and relate to Debra Morgan, ya think? lol)

We don't know each other personally, and that's not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. There is appropriate time and a place for everything. But if one advice I can give you, Ize, is it's not worth insulting the few good people remaining on the sh!thole that is internet - just because you feel mad, or because it's Wednsday or just for laughs.

I know I've done it too, probably unfairly mocked NaNa and a few others, so I am no better. So try to make peace with Commander, Ize.

Anyway, see apparently I've turned into somewhat of a sentimental p*ssy in my newfound lib-arts environment... and you ask my opinion about boxing?!

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#71943 Sep 11, 2013
FrTr wrote:
<quoted text>
What about posts 71938-39?
Here's the thing: me and TRD disagree on/argue about almost everything as you can tell, haha....
but I consider him a friend, look up to him since I was 14 years old when this thread started and I was just in the beginning stages of my rebellion against my family/lifestyle and discovering the amazing immensity we call "Life Itself".
So you will never see me insult the guy; I pride myself on being loyal to a fault (maybe it's one of the reason I like and relate to Debra Morgan, ya think? lol)
We don't know each other personally, and that's not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. There is appropriate time and a place for everything. But if one advice I can give you, Ize, is it's not worth insulting the few good people remaining on the sh!thole that is internet - just because you feel mad, or because it's Wednsday or just for laughs.
I know I've done it too, probably unfairly mocked NaNa and a few others, so I am no better. So try to make peace with Commander, Ize.
Anyway, see apparently I've turned into somewhat of a sentimental p*ssy in my newfound lib-arts environment... and you ask my opinion about boxing?!
Oh stop it. I was here long before you showed up. I have a personal relationship with the Commander that goes way beyond your pseudo-intellectuaL BS. It will survive your grandstanding faux outrage of mistreatment of him or anybody. I don't care if you turned gay. It will make you a better actor. Just don't put it in print for us stupid pimples to see. Confessing your past indiscretions? Too late fcukstick. I have his e-mail. Address. Real name. The Commander doesn't need a pip-squeak like you to fight his battles. He's a real warrior. Not some Internet Clown inflating his importance to mankind. Tell us for the 10th time how you owned Pierre. Egotistical prik. Fcuk off, Veeky.

Since: Aug 13

Phoenix, AZ

#71944 Sep 11, 2013
Come czech out the http://thebeerbarrel.net/forums/brews-n-jews.... subforum it talks about all different jewish/zionist issues, all ideologies welcome to partake.
FrTr

Chicago, IL

#71945 Sep 11, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop it. I was here long before you showed up. I have a personal relationship with the Commander that goes way beyond your pseudo-intellectuaL BS. It will survive your grandstanding faux outrage of mistreatment of him or anybody. I don't care if you turned gay. It will make you a better actor. Just don't put it in print for us stupid pimples to see. Confessing your past indiscretions? Too late fcukstick. I have his e-mail. Address. Real name. The Commander doesn't need a pip-squeak like you to fight his battles. He's a real warrior. Not some Internet Clown inflating his importance to mankind. Tell us for the 10th time how you owned Pierre. Egotistical prik. Fcuk off, Veeky.
So all better now? Always happy to serve as a uniquely qualified catalyst for renewed friendships & mended hearts. You're welcome, Ize.

Just for the record, are # 38-39 missing?

“For God & Country”

Since: Aug 13

The Promised Land Illinois

#71946 Sep 11, 2013
To everyone one here please take a moment and remember all of the people who lost their life 12 years ago and one year ago today.

God Bless our Troops and those that have served this Great Land

And may God Give our Leaders the wisdom to do the right thing, not what is right for them.

And to our Allies a God Bless as well and stay strong

And with this God Bless you all have fun and be safe

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#71947 Sep 11, 2013
FrTr wrote:
<quoted text>
So all better now? Always happy to serve as a uniquely qualified catalyst for renewed friendships & mended hearts. You're welcome, Ize.
Just for the record, are # 38-39 missing?
You're good peeps Veekster, I appreciate the direction you're going. If you want to help Ize out, find him someone to pound on. He didn't start this thread to make friends and that's all that's left here. I just watched a Fish Eagle devour a Flamingo on PBS. Without any of his natural prey, Ize uses us to keep his talons sharp.

Also, NSA called and said they have your posts.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#71948 Sep 11, 2013
Occupy-Chicago wrote:
To everyone one here please take a moment and remember all of the people who lost their life 12 years ago and one year ago today.
God Bless our Troops and those that have served this Great Land
And may God Give our Leaders the wisdom to do the right thing, not what is right for them.
And to our Allies a God Bless as well and stay strong
And with this God Bless you all have fun and be safe
Seconded.
FrTr

Chicago, IL

#71949 Sep 11, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>You're good peeps Veekster, I appreciate the direction you're going. If you want to help Ize out, find him someone to pound on. He didn't start this thread to make friends and that's all that's left here. I just watched a Fish Eagle devour a Flamingo on PBS. Without any of his natural prey, Ize uses us to keep his talons sharp.
Also, NSA called and said they have your posts.
Weird now it shows up again, not a mystery afterall, too bad huh?

So i'll just requote it instead of wasting time and the conversational continuity is somewhat restored before I disappear again by Friday, dropping by on account of 9/11 and this thread's connection to global terrorism and whatnot.....

you don't have to reply if you don't want to since it's more of the same silly diversion fluff we were talking about before
TRD wrote:
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not denying her quality as an actor or the intrinsic nature of her performance in the ensemble...just sayin' she's flat chested. In the beginning of TV that may have been a vague advantage because women wore their collars buttoned up. Now, it's a competition to see who can get more Miley Cyrus the fastest. I know I'm not the shallowest guy out here so lets hope there are more female Emmy judges in the future to lend the breastessesless a hand.
i fail to see your point, Rinnisons Man, as figures no less than Julius Caesar, George Washington uh Carver and Albert Pike were known to sport B-cup manziere, so Ms. Carpenter is in good company in that regard. But were the former 3 multi-multi-multi-orgasmic and could take on a "gross British titty vampire" arsonist like JC? I very much doubt it. And since life is a compromise, I think I'll go with Carpenter here. YMMV.

at least we're in agreeance on Michael C. Hall. He was thought to be permanently typecast as homosexual David Fisher; credit to the dude for bouncing back so quick with what was once a borderline revolutionary character in Miami Homicide.

unfortunately the hack writers proved too cowardly, lazy and unimaginative in the way they decided to rehabilitate and humanize Dexter way past any suspension of disbelief, internal or narrative logic. I understand that that Lindsay creation in the books was much more of a text-book sociopath & sadist -- and as such, Dexter would have literally been unwatchable/un-filmable. Then the are realities and rules of serialized fiction & specific network req's that the show had to conform to, I get that; these type of changes happen all the time in adaptations.

for instance, were Dex a classic psychopath, he would have been incapable and certainly uninterested in expressing the types of thoughts, feelings & behaviors in the season preview or the ep below

[insert link 1]

in fact, I think MCH and JC interpretation of their respective characters is an improvement over the literary depiction. However, that doesn't excuse the at times atrociously bad quality of writing they had to overcome and the repeated crossing of red lines, IMO

[insert link 2]

from 42:08 to 47:20, you could tell Jennifer Carpenter can barely keep from vomitting with each successive line of her declaration of incestuous love to her ex-husband who apparently did some Julia Stiles and others while they were married... LOL

like I said, poor poor Deb

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#71951 Sep 11, 2013
FrTr wrote:
<quoted text>
Weird now it shows up again, not a mystery afterall, too bad huh?
So i'll just requote it instead of wasting time and the conversational continuity is somewhat restored before I disappear again by Friday, dropping by on account of 9/11 and this thread's connection to global terrorism and whatnot.....
you don't have to reply if you don't want to since it's more of the same silly diversion fluff we were talking about before
<quoted text>
i fail to see your point, Rinnisons Man, as figures no less than Julius Caesar, George Washington uh Carver and Albert Pike were known to sport B-cup manziere, so Ms. Carpenter is in good company in that regard. But were the former 3 multi-multi-multi-orgasmic and could take on a "gross British titty vampire" arsonist like JC? I very much doubt it. And since life is a compromise, I think I'll go with Carpenter here. YMMV.
at least we're in agreeance on Michael C. Hall. He was thought to be permanently typecast as homosexual David Fisher; credit to the dude for bouncing back so quick with what was once a borderline revolutionary character in Miami Homicide.
unfortunately the hack writers proved too cowardly, lazy and unimaginative in the way they decided to rehabilitate and humanize Dexter way past any suspension of disbelief, internal or narrative logic. I understand that that Lindsay creation in the books was much more of a text-book sociopath & sadist -- and as such, Dexter would have literally been unwatchable/un-filmable. Then the are realities and rules of serialized fiction & specific network req's that the show had to conform to, I get that; these type of changes happen all the time in adaptations.
for instance, were Dex a classic psychopath, he would have been incapable and certainly uninterested in expressing the types of thoughts, feelings & behaviors in the season preview or the ep below
[insert link 1]
in fact, I think MCH and JC interpretation of their respective characters is an improvement over the literary depiction. However, that doesn't excuse the at times atrociously bad quality of writing they had to overcome and the repeated crossing of red lines, IMO
[insert link 2]
from 42:08 to 47:20, you could tell Jennifer Carpenter can barely keep from vomitting with each successive line of her declaration of incestuous love to her ex-husband who apparently did some Julia Stiles and others while they were married... LOL
like I said, poor poor Deb
Methinks you over think it. The point is that she's great but she's no...well...

http://bertc.com/subfour/truth/loren.htm

...you know.
FrTr

Chicago, IL

#71952 Sep 11, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Methinks you over think it. The point is that she's great but she's no...well...
http://bertc.com/subfour/truth/loren.htm
...you know.
And here I thought I was under-thinking it. Go figure.

I can't believe I am the one to belabor this point, but you need to not obsess about looks quite so much. You're losing out on some stuff and things if you stick to just one ideal or type, brah.

And I as entertaining and fascinating as we both found the (white-washed TV version of) Dexter Morgan to be.... let's not lose sight of the fact that underneath it all the dude is an incredibly selfish murderous monster by his own admission and any credible system of morality. And as such deserves to be exposed for the world to see and at least end his life in prison or death row. But not before killing the while writing team :)

Since: Jun 10

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71954 Sep 11, 2013
.

Derka shmerka..
Hey hoe.."Y"… is time for celebration..!!

In the eyes on any unsuspecting innocent occasional Topix user that might show up to read from this thread… what you have done aint fair and doesn't look right..

Elohim,….. how much lower this thread can get..??

I mean … I left for three days…
….three fckkn days only..!!
I went down south, on one of Her Majesty's secret missions to check on something that can be utterly important in case shit hits the fan … and the next thing that happens here, out of a myriad of available nicks, Y takes my nick (in vain.. and that by itself is a sin)… and uses it for evil purposes, on his quest to demonize the greatest of all our regulars .. namely, Comrade Uzi..

Y, derka shmerka, my hairy ass..!!

According to the Jewish calendar….only forty years ago, on this week … the Soviets, after having trained and equipped Egypt and Syria up to their teeth … they also lured and instigated these two customers on the hood, to join forces and intentions .. and kick the goddamned Khazaar Zionists into the blue Mediterranee.. once and for all..!!

Well,….it took us some guts and sweat, a 'nickel grass'… that we will be eternally thankful for, Israeli blood and lives (lots of it)… but, once the dust and smoke of battle settled down,…the Soviets, the Egyptians and Syrians … guess what..??... they emerged as the eternal mtthr fckkn losers… Kapisch..??

God bless the People of the United States of America, the USAF, their pilots … and God bless too, the Jewish People and the People of Israel.. all minorities included..!!

Since 1987 ….ZIONISM ROCKS..!!

http://www.airforcemag.com/MagazineArchive/Do...

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs40/i/2009/003/d/...

.

Since: Jun 10

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71955 Sep 11, 2013
..Since *1897*....ZIONISM ROCKS..!!

1897 ...
.. 116 YEARS ..

(I have to quit abusing Smirnoff early in the morning ...)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min loose cannon 187,896
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min sonicfilter 1,224,536
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr jimi-yank 53,065
Word (Dec '08) 10 hr _Zoey_ 5,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr _Zoey_ 5,951
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 16 hr boundary painter 1,175
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 16 hr boundary painter 1,650
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]