Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
64,741 - 64,760 of 68,369 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago

Since: Jun 10

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71421 Aug 17, 2013

Wishfull tinking ... or the House of Ibn el Saud is throwing its weight into the 'issues'..??

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#71422 Aug 17, 2013
Voice of Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
Inshallah..
That's what got them into this mess in the first place.

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71423 Aug 17, 2013

""The most important lesson we can learn from our messy transitions – this is the meaning of the suicide bombings or snipers’ bullets Thursday in Baghdad, Damascus, Beirut and Cairo – is that the six dominant regional phenomena that have defined the modern Arab world are totally inappropriate for creating modern pluralistic democracies. These six are religion (mainly Islamism), armed forces, resistance, sectarianism, Arabism and tribalism. These powerful shapers of personal identity and immensely effective instruments for mass mobilization and street activism are also utter failures as entry points into stable democratic states.""

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Opinion/Columnist...

Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#71424 Aug 17, 2013
How long will the world keep / blaming ISRAEL17/08/2013 08:51for the UNREST and MURDER in the MIDDLE EAST? What will it take to understand that ISRAEL IS AN ISLAND OF SANITY in a REGION that has to resolve its SUSHI (SUNI SHIITE) conflict and rise from the 14th century to the 21st....to relitnquish its CULTURE OF DEATH to LEARN TO RESPECT WOMAN, LIFE and PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS upon MIDEAVAL CATATONIC LIFE?! Israel is a BEACON OF LIGHT in the midst of all this DARKNESS!

Quote from Ma'an forum.(love that Sushi)

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#71425 Aug 17, 2013
Voice of Peace wrote:
""The most important lesson we can learn from our messy transitions – this is the meaning of the suicide bombings or snipers’ bullets Thursday in Baghdad, Damascus, Beirut and Cairo – is that the six dominant regional phenomena that have defined the modern Arab world are totally inappropriate for creating modern pluralistic democracies. These six are religion (mainly Islamism), armed forces, resistance, sectarianism, Arabism and tribalism. These powerful shapers of personal identity and immensely effective instruments for mass mobilization and street activism are also utter failures as entry points into stable democratic states.""
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Opinion/Columnist...
If I didn't know it is an Arab country I'd have thought it was a Mongolian clusterfcuk.

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71427 Aug 18, 2013

That ain't look good ...
We'll have to think what can we do with all the Rubles you have..

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#71428 Aug 18, 2013
Muslims

Barack (the great fake one)
Obama, during his Cairo speech, said:

"I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America's history."

AN AMERICAN CITIZEN'S
RESPONSE

Dear Mr. Obama:

Have you ever
seen a Muslim hospital?

Have you heard a Muslim orchestra?

Have you seen a Muslim band march in a parade?

Have you witnessed a Muslim charity?

Have you seen
Muslims, shaken hands with a Muslim Girl Scouts?

Have you
seen a Muslim Candy Striper?

Have your seen a Muslim do
anything that contributes positively to the American way of life
????

The answer is no, you did not. Just ask yourself WHY
???

Were those Muslims that were in America when the
Pilgrims first landed? Funny, I thought they were Native American
Indians.

Were those Muslims that celebrated the first
Thanksgiving day? Sorry again, those were Pilgrims and Native
American Indians.

Can you show me one Muslim signature on
the: United States Constitution? Declaration of Independence? Bill
of Rights? Didn't think so.

Did Muslims fight for this
country's freedom from England? No.

Did Muslims fight
during the Civil War to free the slaves in America? No, they did
not. In fact, Muslims to this day are still the largest
traffickers in human slavery. Your own half-brother, a devout
Muslim, still advocates slavery himself, even though Muslims of
Arabic descent refer to black Muslims as "pug nosed slaves." Says
a lot of what the Muslim world really thinks of your family's
"rich Islamic heritage," doesn't it Mr. Obama?

Where were
Muslims during the Civil Rights era of this country? Not present.
There are no pictures or media accounts of Muslims walking side by
side with Martin Luther King, Jr. or helping to advance the cause
of Civil Rights.

Where were Muslims during this country's
Woman's Suffrage era? Again, not present. In fact, devout Muslims
demand that women are subservient to men in the Islamic culture So
much so, that often they are beaten for not wearing the 'hajib' or
for talking to a man who is not a direct family member or their
husband. Yep, the Muslims are all for women's rights, aren't they?

Where were Muslims during World War II? They were
aligned with Adolf
Hitler. The
Muslim grand mufti himself met with Adolf Hitler, reviewed the
troops and accepted support from the Nazi's in killing Jews.

Finally, Mr. Obama, where were Muslims on Sept. 11th,
2001? If they weren't flying planes into the World Trade Center,
the Pentagon or a field in Pennsylvania killing nearly 3,000
people on our own soil, they were rejoicing in the Middle East .

No one can dispute the pictures shown from all parts of
the Muslim world celebrating on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and other
cable news networks that day. Strangely, the very "moderate"
Muslims who's asses you bent over backwards to kiss in Cairo ,
Egypt on June 4th were stone cold silent post 9-11. To many
Americans, their silence has meant approval for the acts of that
day.

And THAT, Mr. Obama, is the "rich heritage" Muslims
have here in America ...

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to
mention the Barbary Pirates. They were Muslims.

And now we
can add November 5, 2009 - the slaughter of American soldiers at
Fort Hood by a Muslim major, is a doctor and a psychiatrist , who
was supposed to be counseling soldiers returning from battle in
Iraq and Afghanistan .

That, Mr.
Obama is the "Muslim heritage" in
America

P.S. Now, also adding to the
Boston Marathon bombings, too!

EVERY CANADIAN and AMERICAN
MUST READ THIS !! Be sure to SEND IT TO ALL.

Muslim Heritage, my ass!

And if you don't share this message, you are part of the
problem!

Obama , go back to Kenya, they have a tree reserved for you.

Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#71429 Aug 18, 2013
and just when you thought you heard everything from asshole muslims.......hahahah hahahah

"Al-Jazeera Commentator, Former MB Official, Gamal Nassar: Al-Sisi Is Jewish, Implementing Protocols of Elders of Zion in Egypt," from MEMRI, August 17:

Following are excerpts from a statement made by Gamal Nassar, former media secretary to the General Guide of the Muslim Brotherhood, which aired on the Al-Jazeera network on August 17, 2013.
Gamal Nassar: I was trying to figure out Al-Sisi's origins. I wanted to know more about him. I was surprised to learn, from the Algerian Al-Watan newspaper, that Al-Sisi is of Jewish origin. His mother is called Mulaika Titani, and her brother was a member of the Jewish Haganah organization. Thus, we see that this man, by any standard, is implementing a Zionist plan to divide Egypt.

[…]

This man, who heads the armed forces today, is committing a crime, in the full sense of the word. Many massacres have taken place. In my opinion, if decisive measures are not taken, the massacres will continue. Al-Sisi has come to destroy everything.

[…]

Within the framework of his plot, he wants to ignite civil war, in order to portray himself as trying to protect state institutions, while he, in fact, is the one who is burning them down. He portrays himself as trying to defend national security, while he, in fact, is undermining it. In short, he wants to set the state of Egypt ablaze.

This is a Zionist plot, and I am willing to be held responsible for what I say. Whoever reads The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and the writings of [the Jews], including those who were writing in the U.S., realizes that this plot was premeditated.

p.s. Nasser was a jew too so was Genghis Cohen and King George.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#71430 Aug 18, 2013
Uzi wrote:
and just when you thought you heard everything from asshole muslims.......hahahah hahahah
"Al-Jazeera Commentator, Former MB Official, Gamal Nassar: Al-Sisi Is Jewish, Implementing Protocols of Elders of Zion in Egypt," from MEMRI, August 17:
Following are excerpts from a statement made by Gamal Nassar, former media secretary to the General Guide of the Muslim Brotherhood, which aired on the Al-Jazeera network on August 17, 2013.
Gamal Nassar: I was trying to figure out Al-Sisi's origins. I wanted to know more about him. I was surprised to learn, from the Algerian Al-Watan newspaper, that Al-Sisi is of Jewish origin. His mother is called Mulaika Titani, and her brother was a member of the Jewish Haganah organization. Thus, we see that this man, by any standard, is implementing a Zionist plan to divide Egypt.
[…]
This man, who heads the armed forces today, is committing a crime, in the full sense of the word. Many massacres have taken place. In my opinion, if decisive measures are not taken, the massacres will continue. Al-Sisi has come to destroy everything.
[…]
Within the framework of his plot, he wants to ignite civil war, in order to portray himself as trying to protect state institutions, while he, in fact, is the one who is burning them down. He portrays himself as trying to defend national security, while he, in fact, is undermining it. In short, he wants to set the state of Egypt ablaze.
This is a Zionist plot, and I am willing to be held responsible for what I say. Whoever reads The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and the writings of [the Jews], including those who were writing in the U.S., realizes that this plot was premeditated.
p.s. Nasser was a jew too so was Genghis Cohen and King George.
LOL...He may be a general officer and the most powerful man in Egypt but I don't think they can promote him to Jew.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#71432 Aug 19, 2013
What a letter to the great fake one......

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Ahmed-Said-Ob...

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71433 Aug 19, 2013

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
U.S.A.

Need a stamp..??

http://www.israelpost.co.il/mall.nsf/6EB5C218... $file/00560_l.jpg

Ohh ... and Shana Tova ... after seeing that green apple with honey..

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71434 Aug 19, 2013

""After torching a Franciscan school, Islamists paraded three nuns on the streets like "prisoners of war" before a Muslim woman offered them refuge. Two other women working at the school were sexually harassed and abused as they fought their way through a mob.

In the four days since security forces cleared two sit-in camps by supporters of Egypt's ousted president, Islamists have attacked dozens of Coptic churches along with homes and businesses owned by the Christian minority. The campaign of intimidation appears to be a warning to Christians outside Cairo to stand down from political activism.

Christians have long suffered from discrimination and violence in Muslim majority Egypt, where they make up 10 percent of the population of 90 million. Attacks increased after the Islamists rose to power in the wake of the 2011 Arab Spring uprising that drove Hosni Mubarak from power, emboldening extremists. But Christians have come further under fire since President Mohammed Morsi was ousted on July 3, sparking a wave of Islamist anger led by Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood.

Nearly 40 churches have been looted and torched, while 23 others have been attacked and heavily damaged since Wednesday, when chaos erupted after Egypt's military-backed interim administration moved in to clear two camps packed with protesters calling for Morsi's reinstatement, killing scores of protesters and sparking deadly clashes nationwide.

One of the world's oldest Christian communities has generally kept a low-profile, but has become more politically active since Mubarak was ousted and Christians sought to ensure fair treatment in the aftermath. ""

Waleed Sadat
August 19th, 2013

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#71435 Aug 19, 2013
Voice of Peace wrote:
""After torching a Franciscan school, Islamists paraded three nuns on the streets like "prisoners of war" before a Muslim woman offered them refuge. Two other women working at the school were sexually harassed and abused as they fought their way through a mob.
In the four days since security forces cleared two sit-in camps by supporters of Egypt's ousted president, Islamists have attacked dozens of Coptic churches along with homes and businesses owned by the Christian minority. The campaign of intimidation appears to be a warning to Christians outside Cairo to stand down from political activism.
Christians have long suffered from discrimination and violence in Muslim majority Egypt, where they make up 10 percent of the population of 90 million. Attacks increased after the Islamists rose to power in the wake of the 2011 Arab Spring uprising that drove Hosni Mubarak from power, emboldening extremists. But Christians have come further under fire since President Mohammed Morsi was ousted on July 3, sparking a wave of Islamist anger led by Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood.
Nearly 40 churches have been looted and torched, while 23 others have been attacked and heavily damaged since Wednesday, when chaos erupted after Egypt's military-backed interim administration moved in to clear two camps packed with protesters calling for Morsi's reinstatement, killing scores of protesters and sparking deadly clashes nationwide.
One of the world's oldest Christian communities has generally kept a low-profile, but has become more politically active since Mubarak was ousted and Christians sought to ensure fair treatment in the aftermath. ""
Waleed Sadat
August 19th, 2013
So, the first casualties any time the Muslims go at it are the Christians...nice. Nine million prospective victims who just happen to fit the bill as collateral damage. How long before we call the war on terror the war on Islam?

This is all your fault.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#71436 Aug 19, 2013
Oh what a woman!!!!!!!!!!
Hillary the Clit......

she will make a great president hahahaha (missy ) Remember the blow up during the Benghazi inquiry? "What difference does it make?" Well, that was just the tip of the iceberg. Apologies for the (implied) language, but these are the "lady's" actual words:
The following are excerpts from several books written about the Clintons . The language isn't mine, so do not shoot the messenger. The "prolific" speaker is the person the liberals want as the next leader of our once great Nation.

"Where is the G*damn f**king flag! I want the G*damn f**king flag up every morning at f**king sunrise." Hillary to staff at the Arkansas Governor's mansion on Labor Day 1991. From the book "Inside the White House" by Ronald Kessler, p.244.

"F**k off! It's enough I have to see you shit-kickers every day, I'm not going to talk to you too! Just do your G*damn job and keep your mouth shut." Hillary to her State Trooper body guards after one of them greeted her with "Good Morning." From the book "America Evita" by Christopher Anderson, p.90.

"If you want to remain on this detail, get your f**king ass over here and grab those bags!" Hillary to a Secret Service Agent who was reluctant to carry her luggage because he wanted to keep his hands free in case of an incident. From the book "The First Partner" p.259.

"Stay the f**k back, stay the f**k back away from me! Don't come within ten yards of me, or else! Just f**king do as I say, Okay!?" Hillary screaming at her Secret Service detail . From the book "Unlimited Access" by Clinton FBI Agent in Charge, Gary Aldrige, p.139.

"Where's the miserable c**k sucker!" Hillary shouting at a Secret Service officer. From the book "The Truth About Hillary" by Edward Klein, p.5.

"You f**king idiot." Hillary to a State Trooper who was driving her to an event. From the book "Crossfire" p.84.

"Put this on the ground! I left my sunglasses in the limo. I need those sunglasses. We need to go back!" Hillary to Marine One helicopter pilot to turn back while en route to Air Force One. From the book "Dereliction of Duty" p.71-72.

"Come on Bill, put your d**k up! You can't f**k her here!!" Hillary to Governor Clinton when she spots him talking with an attractive female. From the book "Inside the White House" by Ronald Kessler, p.243.

This ill-tempered, violent, loud mouth, hateful and abusive woman wants to be our next president and have total control as commander-in-chief of our Military, the very Military for which she has shown incredible disdain and hate throughout her public life. Surely the people of the United States can easily do better than this, so pass this along to everyone you know. Obviously, as she demonstrated during the Benghazi hearings, she hasn't changed much.

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71437 Aug 19, 2013

Uzi, how do I apply for an USA passport..??

I want to vote for Hillary, work for her for free .. she's my kind of woman..

I'm sure once we get to know each other .. we are going to find 'a common language'..

Go, Hilly ..goooo..!!

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71438 Aug 19, 2013
I'm sure once Hilly and I .... we get to know each other ..

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71439 Aug 19, 2013

Interesting copy-paste from one of the threads @Topix ... to remind us who is who @da'Kremlin an Duma..

""Subject: Putin's Speech on Feb. 04, 2013

This is one time our elected leaders should pay attention to the advice of Vladimir Putin....

On February 4th, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma,(Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia:

"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat inRussia, should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities needRussia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most minorities. When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the national interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians.

The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a five minute standing ovation.""

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71440 Aug 19, 2013

It's not even 07:00 in Terra Sancta ... and I just did it..!!

... a sling shot of shit, tar and garbage to the Duma and Putin..

'Like' if you think this humble rapist, well poissoning, organ dealer, savage terrorist .... deserved his first cup of Made in Korea 'Taster Choice' coffee..

Bartender, another round ..!!

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71441 Aug 19, 2013

Only if you ... like VOP does ... don't trust this Putin guy ... click on the following link.

...specially becouse the reading is from the snakes' nest a.k.a. NY Times..

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/05/opinion/glo...

I particularly like how they try to humanize the s.o.b. in the eyes of the innocent unsuspecting and ignorant readerssss..

No more coffee today ... that's what the female doctor yelled at me from the safety of her chair, behind the overloaded desk with papers, files, books and other shit..

Tel Aviv, Israel

#71442 Aug 19, 2013
... specially because..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min usanew 1,100,247
Win a Free McDonalds Gift Card 8 min Gift Card Expert 1
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 9 min Union Corrupt 7,561
Abby 8-30 20 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
Amy 8-30 28 min edogxxx 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min gcaveman1 46,321
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,935
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info