Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 3,215)

Showing posts 64,281 - 64,300 of67,186
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/national/Pioneering-...

>In 2010, that tendency ended her storied career at the White House. She told a rabbi making a video that Israeli Jews should "get the hell out of Palestine" and "go home" to Germany, Poland or the United States. The video circulated on the Internet and brought widespread condemnation of Thomas, forcing her to quit her job as a Hearst columnist.<

Obama brought her cupcakes.

I’m totally devastated. 8>)

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

While on vacation in Rome, a neighbor noticed a marble column in St. Peter's with a golden telephone on it. As a young priest passed by, He asked who the telephone was for. The priest said it was a direct line to heaven, and if he'd like to call, it would be a thousand dollars. He was amazed, but declined the offer. Throughout Italy, he kept seeing the same golden telephone on a marble column. At each, he asked about it and the answer was always the same: It was a direct line to heaven and a call could be made for a thousand dollars. Then - He continued his tour and arrived in Israel. He decided to attend temple services at a local synagogue. When he walked in the door, he couldn't help but notice the golden telephone. Underneath it, there was a sign stating: "DIRECT LINE TO HEAVEN: 25 cents." "Rabbi," my friend said, "I have been all over Italy and in all the cathedrals I visited, I've seen telephones exactly like this one. But the price is always a thousand dollars. Why is it that this one is only 25 cents?" The rabbi smiled and said, "You're in Israel now. It's a local call."

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
http://www.wfaa.com/news/natio nal/Pioneering-White-House-rep orter-Helen-Thomas-dead-at--21 6280461.html
>In 2010, that tendency ended her storied career at the White House. She told a rabbi making a video that Israeli Jews should "get the hell out of Palestine" and "go home" to Germany, Poland or the United States. The video circulated on the Internet and brought widespread condemnation of Thomas, forcing her to quit her job as a Hearst columnist.<
Obama brought her cupcakes.
I’m totally devastated. 8>)
Waleed Sadat had the follow up:

"Helen Thomas was considered a great Arab beauty. Just 2 weeks before her unfortunate demise she was seen in Washington, drooling into her bowl of tabbouleh and screaming that all Arabs should get out of France."

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/middle-east/...
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Bashar al ass whole wrote:
Uzi, I know what you did this summer ... in Europe.
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Politics/201...
and you were sworn to secrecy.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Bilbo Teabaggins wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit had a "rise" before the fall also...
Wait for it.
The politicians will ruin Miami just like they did Detroit.
Detroit had it all....the center of our industrial complex....then the perfect storm caught up with it. You're right about the politicians, it's already happened, we're just listening to the clock tick.

We wanted our clean air to breath and clean water to drink so we regulated our industry out of the country. The corporations didn't mind, business is business and they can do it anywhere. The government incentivized the outsourcing and now we have to shop our industrial staples overseas. Cities are struggling with the payroll pyramid and staring at the train while standing on the tracks. The annuities they bought (and sold and re-bought) for pensions didn't keep up with inflation and the new white-collar jobs that were supposed to replace the lost manufacturing ones never materialized. There's a mini social security crisis going on in almost every major metro. Who'd a thunk a living costs a lot less in India than it does at US prices?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Bilbo Teabaggins wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
Brown Noser. I saw him first.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>.
That wouldn't buy you a falafel and a coke ... around here.
Would this buy you? Dilldo Fleabaggins says I whack off to this. Blame me?

http://www.google.com/imgres...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Bilbo Teabaggins wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit had a "rise" before the fall also...
Wait for it.
The politicians will ruin Miami just like they did Detroit.
Are all the politicians appointed? Let me see, now. How did they get there? Hmmmmmmm. I only wish I knew. Could it be an issue of intelligence of the majority, once again? Hmmmmmmmmm. That needle keeps pointing to the same o same o, Yo. Say, Homie, what it be?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

<quoted text>.
Si, Hannaleh ... muy guapa... I know her aunt... from Brooklyn.
I read you want to give her a ride on the moustache ... not a bad idea for starters..
Then you flip her over and you tell her now you are going to have some ice cream ... but not on a cone ... Kapischh..??
Don't worry..(If tonight they take me for an investigation at the Mossad's underground cellars in Tel Aviv, the worst I can say about you ... is that all our relations was around learning some English ...) A "ride on the moustache".. I told that one to the lady of my heart ... and she rolled on the floor laughing..)
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/22/us-...

“Palestinians said negotiations could not begin unless it was clear in advance that they would be about a future state based on pre-1967 borders, while an Israeli official said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would seek the approval of his cabinet before going ahead.”

As you appear to like my English lessons, but the actual word is “French”, let me offer this:

Déjà vu, from French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced has been experienced in the past, whether it has actually happened or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_v...
So, we are all experiencing “déjà vu. Comprende?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

<quoted text>.
"Regulated"
TRD, you are the one that used that word.
One way to get America back on the right track is ..de-regulate..
But it takes cohones to do it…
There is a big pile of things that got 'regulated' many moons ago … perhaps because of a good reason on those days.
It takes a leadership that has a vision, understands business, financing, nuclear engineering and environmental engineering… to reverse the process.
… and this is where you get started.
Deregulate the…. the nuclear energy industry.
Every fckkn city, county or even every country in the world, with a four million of inhabitants or more, depending on income per capita and standard of life … is a potential customer for a mini nuclear energy power generation station.
And the good news is, the gringos have it all. The know how and the means to undertake the production and installation.
Goddamned Americans, had it all almost ready to go, on the very early 70's, when I was going to college and dreamed about working for the nuclear power station in Dimona.
You forgot all about it already …. but you have already paid for the investigation, research and you already built a few mini fusion nuclear stations …by YOURSELF..
You are far ahead and have an edge on any other country that would dare to challenge you … and there's going to be competition on the axis of time once 'they' see it works and generates money..
All the security-safety aspects and disposal of by-products is another money making business … when you think about it.
How about financing the 'projects' to cities, counties and countries ..??…. another fckkn money making machine
But ….. regulating is a money making 'machine' too.(Think how many people are getting paid to prevent things from happening)
Now, how do you get the 'regulators' to de-regulate the business..?? You force them..!! You fire them. You change them.. you de-regulate them.
Less dependency on fuel is also a spin off that has a tremendous value.
And don't give me any shit about green energy. That's good for broiling a jar of coffee baking a pie and seating around to bull shit about it.
If you are going to manufacture, cars, refrigerator and TV's, just to name three items … you need ready power … not green energy.
TRD, I believe in America. I believe on your creativity and ingenuity … but you'll have to start working from the root to reverse what has been going on for the last …. mmmhh.. forty five years or thereabout..
I saw this movie...the Jew dies in the end.

Deregulation is the reason for some of the gravest issues we face at this moment. We trusted the banking industry and a decade later 35% of my children's inheritance is gone and I'm further from retirement than ever. We deregulated broadcasting and now the pinnacle of intellectual programming is...

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/here-comes-honey-...

Usually, I would rather glow in the dark than source my gas from middle eastern oil but lately, that gag steps a little too close to reality. Just when we were over 3 Mile Island along came Chernobyl. Just when we were over Chernobyl, along comes Fukushima. Look at the industry's track record, then look at Honey Boo Boo. Do we really want any more deregulation?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I saw this movie...the Jew dies in the end.
Deregulation is the reason for some of the gravest issues we face at this moment. We trusted the banking industry and a decade later 35% of my children's inheritance is gone and I'm further from retirement than ever. We deregulated broadcasting and now the pinnacle of intellectual programming is...
http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/here-comes-honey-...
Usually, I would rather glow in the dark than source my gas from middle eastern oil but lately, that gag steps a little too close to reality. Just when we were over 3 Mile Island along came Chernobyl. Just when we were over Chernobyl, along comes Fukushima. Look at the industry's track record, then look at Honey Boo Boo. Do we really want any more deregulation?
From someone well beyond the mythical retirement age, and with a portfolio that started late and took a real beating, 50%, I can only give you the upside. When the alarm goes off @ 5:00 AM, the old man goes in for the hot shower and marvels at the opportunity for another day of answering phones and communicating with aszholes and nice people. Retirement is all the mind. Look at my main man. He didn't make it. But, what a great time he had. Dennis Farina. Think he cared? I loved this guy. I'm sure his portfolio was awesome, but guess what?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/201...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
From someone well beyond the mythical retirement age, and with a portfolio that started late and took a real beating, 50%, I can only give you the upside. When the alarm goes off @ 5:00 AM, the old man goes in for the hot shower and marvels at the opportunity for another day of answering phones and communicating with aszholes and nice people. Retirement is all the mind. Look at my main man. He didn't make it. But, what a great time he had. Dennis Farina. Think he cared? I loved this guy. I'm sure his portfolio was awesome, but guess what?
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/201...
I know, I know...you can't take it with you. I just figured that we'd be the ones pissing it away.

I was just reading about Farina on AOL and telling my daughter how much I admired his acting. He was one of those rare actors who could play both good and bad guys convincingly. Guess who else showed up in the news...

http://main.aol.com/2013/07/14/_n_3562115.htm...

You seldom see a bad guy on the run for his life who stops to help save a family from a burning car.
Roopie

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

G'day Snorlax, How are ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I know, I know...you can't take it with you. I just figured that we'd be the ones pissing it away.
I was just reading about Farina on AOL and telling my daughter how much I admired his acting. He was one of those rare actors who could play both good and bad guys convincingly. Guess who else showed up in the news...
http://main.aol.com/2013/07/14/_n_3562115.htm...
You seldom see a bad guy on the run for his life who stops to help save a family from a burning car.
When I saw that yesterday, I thought, "he's hiding in plain sight". The uglies must be gnashing those crusted teeth at the good press he's getting and the imaginary hit squad running around in circles. I'm sure they are holding his piece out of spite, but George has got to be still packing. I love it.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>,
Give him back his gun .. and send him over.
In the mornings we are going to hit three high schools and he's going to lecture about integrity, duty and cohones.
Lunch, siesta ... and in the evening we are going to patrol a part of town where just the presence of two pair of eyes will keep down the rate of crimes that mtthr fckkn azz holes commit against their own neighbors and families..
Here in the Mediterranean it's Tuesday 6:30. I'm going to have this guy from Eritrea paint white the roof of our building... in order to keep the sun radiation from blowing up the electrical bill...
What kind of roof? Tile? Membrane? You don't paint shingles. Need any tips?
Roopie

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
When I saw that yesterday, I thought, "he's hiding in plain sight". The uglies must be gnashing those crusted teeth at the good press he's getting and the imaginary hit squad running around in circles. I'm sure they are holding his piece out of spite, but George has got to be still packing. I love it.
I bet your wife wishes she could do this!!!

Go Stace!!!

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Roopie wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet your wife wishes she could do this!!!
Go Stace!!!
I would never click on a link from a demented Aussie. So, keep sending and we keep ignoring.
Roopie

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>.
Thanks, Y .... now I remember reading, many moons ago, that your son is into roofing ('roofing' for lack of a better technical term).
Our roof is a cast concrete slab... more than forty years old. On top of it there are a few layers of tar, in order to prevent the few inches of rain through the year, to leak into my bed and Turkish smuggled carpets..
At the top of the sunny season the temperature of the tar can reach, in USD's ... 140 degrees. At that temp tar deteriorates, cracks and gases forced under the layers produce storaging space for water. Painting the roof in white keeps the temperature down..
Since I have 3240 characters left on this message, for the same price ... how about having a pint of beer or a cup of wine to salute the Brits for the arrival of the new wannabe King..??
I hope mommy is doing fine ..and the prince grows to be a mentch.
Cheeers ... friends in the UK and elswhere..
Lechaim..!!
Go IDF!!

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

<quoted text>.
Thanks, Y .... now I remember reading, many moons ago, that your son is into roofing ('roofing' for lack of a better technical term).
Our roof is a cast concrete slab... more than forty years old. On top of it there are a few layers of tar, in order to prevent the few inches of rain through the year, to leak into my bed and Turkish smuggled carpets..
At the top of the sunny season the temperature of the tar can reach, in USD's ... 140 degrees. At that temp tar deteriorates, cracks and gases forced under the layers produce storaging space for water. Painting the roof in white keeps the temperature down..
Since I have 3240 characters left on this message, for the same price ... how about having a pint of beer or a cup of wine to salute the Brits for the arrival of the new wannabe King..??
I hope mommy is doing fine ..and the prince grows to be a mentch.
Cheeers ... friends in the UK and elswhere..
Lechaim..!!
Your roof is constructed like we build bridges here in the states. Have you driven on it lately? I'm going to send you some info on a product that is what we use on similar roofs. As an Engineer, you can appreciate any information you can get and evaluate. Stay tuned.
Roopie

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never click on a link from a demented Aussie. So, keep sending and we keep ignoring.
A demented Aussie Lol!.

Ya gonna love this one mate!

We can give it and take it aye!.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,281 - 64,300 of67,186
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

96 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min dem 1,033,521
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 min KiMare 46,991
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min everybody 64,955
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min cheluzal 96,005
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min OzRitz 42,923
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Justice Dale 167,375
Strip club laws in Chicagoland and in Illinois.... (Oct '10) 35 min REAL POLICE 15
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]