Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 3,207)

Showing posts 64,121 - 64,140 of67,522
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I never slapped a Commissionedho, but I was hell on Junior Petty Officers. There was an E-5 who wanted to show the Squadron how he could discipline a smart mouth E-3. The last time I saw him he was off to Naval Air Station Patuxent limping with a cane. He never made me stand Captain's Mast for it. My kind of guy.
You'd have loved being on my plane crew, I never forgot whose hands my ass was in. Liberty meant the first round was on me and I always got them back to the ship. I used to be such a great guy...now look at me.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

How can a dentist be expected to perform his duties with a raging boner getting in the way of his work station? I'm on his side. Back to Israel in a minute.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

As promised:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/07/world/middl...

>As that was playing out, Israel continued to plan intensively for a third war in Lebanon, where it believes Hezbollah has amassed 60,000 rockets aimed in its direction. Military leaders say that they have learned the lessons of their 34-day battle with Hezbollah in 2006, and that the next round will be short, deadly and urban: one top general recently described Lebanese homes as having “a living room and a missile room” right next to each other.

That is why the army built a mock Lebanese village here at the Elyakim base, complete with three fortified underground tunnels, similar to what Hezbollah uses to store supplies.

On Thursday morning, a battalion of reservists culminated a five-day exercise by storming the village with gunfire, grenades and eventually a trio of tanks that rolled through its hills. Eight enlisted men in American-made camouflage uniforms mimicking those worn by Hezbollah in 2006 played the enemy.

“It seems really important now in this time, with all that’s happening in Syria,” said one of the Hezbollah actors, Ishay, who is 21 and spoke on the condition his last name not be used, according to military rules.“What they have here is what they do there.”

Ishay and another actor, Adir, 22, said they fired at the reservists through windows and doors to attract them to a house, then threw fake grenades and shot their rifles, which were loaded with blanks, to stall them. They sneaked from building to building for about 90 minutes, then were declared defeated, as many of the reservists collapsed in naps on the floor after days with little sleep.“We always lose — like the enemy,” Adir said.“Our enemies lose, too, in the end.”<

Nothing like being ready.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
As promised:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/07/world/middl...
>As that was playing out, Israel continued to plan intensively for a third war in Lebanon, where it believes Hezbollah has amassed 60,000 rockets aimed in its direction. Military leaders say that they have learned the lessons of their 34-day battle with Hezbollah in 2006, and that the next round will be short, deadly and urban: one top general recently described Lebanese homes as having “a living room and a missile room” right next to each other.
That is why the army built a mock Lebanese village here at the Elyakim base, complete with three fortified underground tunnels, similar to what Hezbollah uses to store supplies.
On Thursday morning, a battalion of reservists culminated a five-day exercise by storming the village with gunfire, grenades and eventually a trio of tanks that rolled through its hills. Eight enlisted men in American-made camouflage uniforms mimicking those worn by Hezbollah in 2006 played the enemy.
“It seems really important now in this time, with all that’s happening in Syria,” said one of the Hezbollah actors, Ishay, who is 21 and spoke on the condition his last name not be used, according to military rules.“What they have here is what they do there.”
Ishay and another actor, Adir, 22, said they fired at the reservists through windows and doors to attract them to a house, then threw fake grenades and shot their rifles, which were loaded with blanks, to stall them. They sneaked from building to building for about 90 minutes, then were declared defeated, as many of the reservists collapsed in naps on the floor after days with little sleep.“We always lose — like the enemy,” Adir said.“Our enemies lose, too, in the end.”<
Nothing like being ready.
I don't know how you expect me to respond to this with a sudden-onset toothache.

Know what's scary? Thinking you've got a good idea of what to expect when you drive up to your enemy's home. It's especially scary to be surrounded by folks who think they've got it all figured out. What kind of training could it be if nobody died?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
And the problem is?
Who put those judgies on that?? There's a meanie there and it's not me. TRD? Perhaps.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Who put those judgies on that?? There's a meanie there and it's not me. TRD? Perhaps.
Homey don't game like dat...I do smileys.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Homey don't game like dat...I do smileys.
This homey does Cheftells and smileys is just the beginning. All you do is double up on that lil blue pill. LOL LOL Am I making faces again? I be tearin that mo fo up, fo sure!

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

When you mess with the bull, you get the horn. What a bunch of animals, and I'm not talking about the bulls. LMFAO Now that's what I'm talking about. Had this ignorant dude down to his girlie panties.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Way off topic, but it needs to be said. Why is FLA bracing for riots in the Zimnmerman's case? Why are cities all over the country bracing for riots after the jury renders its verdict? Do they fear crackers or Hispanics will loot the local Walmart and burn cars and assault other crackers and Hispanics? No. It's because these African-Americans have a chance to demonstrate, once again, that they are a mob of savages that return to those tribal instincts where the machete rules and justice is foreign. The police blotters all over the country shows this and yet, we tip-toe around it because of political correctness. Yo, Moderators, let it be. It's true.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
Way off topic, but it needs to be said. Why is FLA bracing for riots in the Zimnmerman's case? Why are cities all over the country bracing for riots after the jury renders its verdict? Do they fear crackers or Hispanics will loot the local Walmart and burn cars and assault other crackers and Hispanics? No. It's because these African-Americans have a chance to demonstrate, once again, that they are a mob of savages that return to those tribal instincts where the machete rules and justice is foreign. The police blotters all over the country shows this and yet, we tip-toe around it because of political correctness. Yo, Moderators, let it be. It's true.
I've been seeing news stories about faith based efforts to keep things under control, I'm not sure it's necessary but it can't hurt. This is an emotional issue and it's pretty clear the prosecution doesn't think they convicted him. If it gets ugly I think I'll blame the idiots who turned court proceedings into reality TV. A post-verdict riot would make the networks tons of money. I wonder if a spot in the Zimmerman verdict will beat the price of Superbowl airtime.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

I'm imagining a young Ize working as a news intern:

The National Transportation Safety Board has released a statement revealing the source of Friday afternoon's embarrassing KTVU hoax — a summer intern for the agency who "acted outside the scope of his authority" and "erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew" on the Asiana plane that crashed in San Francisco.
The Bay Area TV station read the racist crew names on air: Captain Sum Ting Wong, Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk, and Bang Ding Ow.

Here's the full statement:

The National Transportation Safety Board apologizes for inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots of Asiana flight 214, which crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6.

Earlier today, in response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft.

The NTSB does not release or confirm the names of crewmembers or people involved in transportation accidents to the media. We work hard to ensure that only appropriate factual information regarding an investigation is released and deeply regret today's incident.

Appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that such a serious error is not repeated.

The KTVU producer who tweeted "Oh sh*t" after the gaffe has since deleted his account. The station apologized for the error, noting that an NTSB official confirmed the names for them Friday morning.

It's not clear how the hoax originated, and whether or not the intern created the fake names.

The TV station's mistake is especially embarrassing considering that the Associated Press reported the correct names of the pilot and co-pilot on Wednesday. KTVU also published this post on its site after the crash bragging about its "100% accurate" breaking news coverage of the tragedy that beat competing news stations.

The Asian American Journalists Association has released its own statement on KTVU's screw-up, saying: " Words cannot adequately express the outrage we ... feel over KTVU’s on-air blunder that made a mockery of the Asiana Airlines tragedy and offended so many loyal viewers of the San Francisco Bay Area station."

The plane crash killed three people and is under investigation.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Faith wrote:
I'm imagining a young Ize working as a news intern:
The National Transportation Safety Board has released a statement revealing the source of Friday afternoon's embarrassing KTVU hoax — a summer intern for the agency who "acted outside the scope of his authority" and "erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew" on the Asiana plane that crashed in San Francisco.
The Bay Area TV station read the racist crew names on air: Captain Sum Ting Wong, Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk, and Bang Ding Ow.
Here's the full statement:
The National Transportation Safety Board apologizes for inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots of Asiana flight 214, which crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6.
Earlier today, in response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft.
The NTSB does not release or confirm the names of crewmembers or people involved in transportation accidents to the media. We work hard to ensure that only appropriate factual information regarding an investigation is released and deeply regret today's incident.
Appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that such a serious error is not repeated.
The KTVU producer who tweeted "Oh sh*t" after the gaffe has since deleted his account. The station apologized for the error, noting that an NTSB official confirmed the names for them Friday morning.
It's not clear how the hoax originated, and whether or not the intern created the fake names.
The TV station's mistake is especially embarrassing considering that the Associated Press reported the correct names of the pilot and co-pilot on Wednesday. KTVU also published this post on its site after the crash bragging about its "100% accurate" breaking news coverage of the tragedy that beat competing news stations.
The Asian American Journalists Association has released its own statement on KTVU's screw-up, saying: " Words cannot adequately express the outrage we ... feel over KTVU’s on-air blunder that made a mockery of the Asiana Airlines tragedy and offended so many loyal viewers of the San Francisco Bay Area station."
The plane crash killed three people and is under investigation.
BUSTED!

You've always been a great read but now that your intuition has blossomed, I plan to stalk you all over Topix. You'll have to excuse the distinguished gentleman from Connecticut...he and I have been dreaming about the same woman except in my dream, she's screaming and on fire.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>BUSTED!
You've always been a great read but now that your intuition has blossomed, I plan to stalk you all over Topix. You'll have to excuse the distinguished gentleman from Connecticut...he and I have been dreaming about the same woman except in my dream, she's screaming and on fire.
I share your lust for this intelligent Gray basher from the mid west. She shows up like the wild lily for a bit and then vanishes until next year. We are a boring group, until the sh!t hits from the stealth drone. But, no doubt, she's reading and laughing at us. She knows she can always get play here, if she gets lonely. Gotta have faith.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I share your lust for this intelligent Gray basher from the mid west. She shows up like the wild lily for a bit and then vanishes until next year. We are a boring group, until the sh!t hits from the stealth drone. But, no doubt, she's reading and laughing at us. She knows she can always get play here, if she gets lonely. Gotta have faith.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
How I love a courageous woman! I could read her walloping guys with head laundry all day long. We don't need to be funny for Faith's sake...we are desperately shy of Muslims for her to pick on. Know any?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Frankly, I'm getting sick of Muslims. They are so one-dimensional. That outrage bit gets boring.
I'm thinking about sending a telegram to that Barefoot guy. He was an avid gardener. You could talk to him about absolutely anything.......as long as it somehow looped around into a psychotic rave about the Liberty.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Faith wrote:
Frankly, I'm getting sick of Muslims. They are so one-dimensional. That outrage bit gets boring.
I'm thinking about sending a telegram to that Barefoot guy. He was an avid gardener. You could talk to him about absolutely anything.......as long as it somehow looped around into a psychotic rave about the Liberty.
Still? Some people just won't let it go. You can't be that bored though, I've been watching you emasculate from afar and I have to say it's a thing of beauty. I loved how you set that guy straight about our treatment of caravan bandit/warlord/pedophiles versus theirs. What was it you said? Something like "...we send ours to prison, we don't make them prophets". You crack me up.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Oh.....dear......I didn't think anyone noticed. I'm blushing.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Sorry about the double post. I'm in my corner of the garage sneaking a cigarette, a drink and my daughter's iPad device before anyone gets home.
In retrospect, I shouldn't have bought her the mini. It's hard for me to see even with these buck-fifty Walgreens reading glasses.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Faith wrote:
Sorry about the double post. I'm in my corner of the garage sneaking a cigarette, a drink and my daughter's iPad device before anyone gets home.
In retrospect, I shouldn't have bought her the mini. It's hard for me to see even with these buck-fifty Walgreens reading glasses.
It sucks when hindsight is the only 20/20 you've got. I've been thinking about upgrading my phone to one of those 5.5" Samsung Note II's. The trouble is, it's big enough to identify me as an old guy but not big enough to actually help an old guy out. Three zones in the new progressive lenses and not one of them works on the device.

You really should quit the cigarettes before they become a hindsight issue. If you have to smoke, get a prescription and grow your own.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

It's been a couple of hours since the verdict and we're all still here. Maybe we all learned something over the past couple weeks...

...nah.

On a lighter note: How come I'm just now learning about these?

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/variety/2013/...

“If there is sexual Jihad, we are ready to abandon Tahrir square and join Rabea al-Adawiya, may God destroy the Hashish camp.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,121 - 64,140 of67,522
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,071,647
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min mdbuilder 45,439
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 13 min hands on AR 1,756
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 13 min andet1987 386
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min LRS 173,560
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 31 min hands on AR 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 59 min Toj 97,431
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••