Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 3,207)

Showing posts 64,121 - 64,140 of67,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Bashar al ass whole wrote:
<quoted text>.
""No matter what we do in the Muslim sphere whether ...blablabla""
No matter how many times I explained it you, free of charge, not to bring along with you the fckkkn STANLEY measuring tape ... you insist on measuring the length and the width of Tahrir Square in inches and sixteenths of an inch..
HOw come Putin in Red Square, the first time I explained it to him he understood ..
How come Mr. Hu when he held the reigns at Tiananmen Square, accepted my humble advise..
How come the Frenchies, the Krauts and the Brits in power.. just to name another three ... how come they don't use STANLEY principles, values, codes of blablablabla ...
TRD, you are interacting with a system that has its own world axis of rotation, its own center of gravitation ... and even its own solar system.
Look at the picture from the top .. and tell yourself, we better keep the Egyptian Army well supplied, the top brass happy and under the presumption that any of them is good enough to lecture at West Point and the Pentagon .... because if they are happy with YOU you will be able to influence their thinking processes ... which include, among other, keeping an eye on those valuabe lots of real estate around them, that are vital for ALL western economies because blablabla ......(we talked about it already, didn't we..??).
Ship those F-16's .... and don't forget to attach to every single one of the a carton of Marlboro ... they like that shit around here.
They can have all the Marlboro's as far as I'm concerned, we should make that the extent of our assistance. It may be easy for you to hear over and over again how you are the "Baby Satan" since you are the actual object of their affection. We, on the other hand, listen to the hordes as they reach out for our money, all the while calling us "Great Satan" and wonder why our doctrine of buying cooperation doesn't seem to really get us much influence.

I think it's because we're being played by these cutthroats on an unprecedented level. If we had seen even the remotest change in the calculus of the area we could be satisfied but doing it so they'll take our money instead of the Russians' is just stupid. Our aid to Israel has paid dividends in so many areas that it's hard to finance the orgy that is "Political Islam" without reaching the point where cutting and running seems our best option. If Putin wants to walk this dog for a while, I'm half way to handing him the leash.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

"We lost our footing in Egypt because the tension between our values and interests results in unpopular and inconsistent policies."

Any way you look at it, we're just fcuked.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/11/opinion/mil...

Have a safe trip.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Now everyone knows you cheat! ark ark
And the problem is?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

TRD wrote:
"We lost our footing in Egypt because the tension between our values and interests results in unpopular and inconsistent policies."
Any way you look at it, we're just fcuked.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/11/opinion/mil...
Have a safe trip.
You know what they say about opinions. Everybody has one.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what they say about opinions. Everybody has one.
True dat, except around 1.6 billion people share the same opinion because we say one thing and do another.

You can't sell democracy where it doesn't exist without including a service contract. I hate that...I have learned over the years to accept that we may never be able to convince some people of the value of a free system. I don't like it but I accept it. A billion opinions that would rather submit to 7th century rules than join us in modernity.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>True dat, except around 1.6 billion people share the same opinion because we say one thing and do another.
You can't sell democracy where it doesn't exist without including a service contract. I hate that...I have learned over the years to accept that we may never be able to convince some people of the value of a free system. I don't like it but I accept it. A billion opinions that would rather submit to 7th century rules than join us in modernity.
I remember a time when blaming the U.S. was unheard of without a shred of proof. Now, we are constantly in the headlines being accused of slowing dawn. I guess that in this age of instant information, it easy to make an accusation without any proof, and, fortunately, most of it's forgotten almost as soon as it hits the BS trail. I don't give a sh!t about the billions of opinions. I care about food & fuel prices, my car starting, Cheftell and, of course, you, Sugar. Fcuk them all. I feel much better now. LOL (sarcasm intended) LMFAO

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember a time when blaming the U.S. was unheard of without a shred of proof. Now, we are constantly in the headlines being accused of slowing dawn. I guess that in this age of instant information, it easy to make an accusation without any proof, and, fortunately, most of it's forgotten almost as soon as it hits the BS trail. I don't give a sh!t about the billions of opinions. I care about food & fuel prices, my car starting, Cheftell and, of course, you, Sugar. Fcuk them all. I feel much better now. LOL (sarcasm intended) LMFAO
I bet you made that face again :>))

I'm with you. I say we pat ourselves on the back for our success in countries we've been able to help and cut our losses in the countries we can't. To be honest, I know now how arrogant we were thinking we could or even should change the Arabs in our image. They don't want it, aren't suited for it, and will never reach democracy under sharia.(when I say we, I'm owning my share like a citizen should even though I was adamant about not invading Iraq)

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you made that face again :>))
I'm with you. I say we pat ourselves on the back for our success in countries we've been able to help and cut our losses in the countries we can't. To be honest, I know now how arrogant we were thinking we could or even should change the Arabs in our image. They don't want it, aren't suited for it, and will never reach democracy under sharia.(when I say we, I'm owning my share like a citizen should even though I was adamant about not invading Iraq)
Really? In our image? First, we would have to teach them use toilet paper. I don't buy that we want them like us. We want them to like us and get a taste of what capitalism is like. Look at China. In my smoking days, on a stoned summer night, I told my Brother-In-Law that if China/Russia knew what they could have, there would be no fear of Nuclear War. They would lie on their backs and gaze on the stars and think, "Man, this is beautiful. Why would we want to destroy it? For real. Today? Might is right and our guard has to be up to defend what is ours. Go Obama. Go Drones. Go CIA, NSA, FBI, Topix! ;>)

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? In our image? First, we would have to teach them use toilet paper. I don't buy that we want them like us. We want them to like us and get a taste of what capitalism is like. Look at China. In my smoking days, on a stoned summer night, I told my Brother-In-Law that if China/Russia knew what they could have, there would be no fear of Nuclear War. They would lie on their backs and gaze on the stars and think, "Man, this is beautiful. Why would we want to destroy it? For real. Today? Might is right and our guard has to be up to defend what is ours. Go Obama. Go Drones. Go CIA, NSA, FBI, Topix! ;>)
I think we may be in a position to say definitively we taught them how to use toilet paper but that is all. Not bad for 65 years and $$$ billions $$$, that's some learning curve. If we only had a numbers guy around who could give us the CPA (cost per ass)...hey wait...did you ever wonder which was our best year for TP training? I bet it was back during your rambunctious slapacommissionedho period.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I think we may be in a position to say definitively we taught them how to use toilet paper but that is all. Not bad for 65 years and $$$ billions $$$, that's some learning curve. If we only had a numbers guy around who could give us the CPA (cost per ass)...hey wait...did you ever wonder which was our best year for TP training? I bet it was back during your rambunctious slapacommissionedho period.
Hey, I never slapped a Commissionedho, but I was hell on Junior Petty Officers. There was an E-5 who wanted to show the Squadron how he could discipline a smart mouth E-3. The last time I saw him he was off to Naval Air Station Patuxent limping with a cane. He never made me stand Captain's Mast for it. My kind of guy.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I never slapped a Commissionedho, but I was hell on Junior Petty Officers. There was an E-5 who wanted to show the Squadron how he could discipline a smart mouth E-3. The last time I saw him he was off to Naval Air Station Patuxent limping with a cane. He never made me stand Captain's Mast for it. My kind of guy.
You'd have loved being on my plane crew, I never forgot whose hands my ass was in. Liberty meant the first round was on me and I always got them back to the ship. I used to be such a great guy...now look at me.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

How can a dentist be expected to perform his duties with a raging boner getting in the way of his work station? I'm on his side. Back to Israel in a minute.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

As promised:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/07/world/middl...

>As that was playing out, Israel continued to plan intensively for a third war in Lebanon, where it believes Hezbollah has amassed 60,000 rockets aimed in its direction. Military leaders say that they have learned the lessons of their 34-day battle with Hezbollah in 2006, and that the next round will be short, deadly and urban: one top general recently described Lebanese homes as having “a living room and a missile room” right next to each other.

That is why the army built a mock Lebanese village here at the Elyakim base, complete with three fortified underground tunnels, similar to what Hezbollah uses to store supplies.

On Thursday morning, a battalion of reservists culminated a five-day exercise by storming the village with gunfire, grenades and eventually a trio of tanks that rolled through its hills. Eight enlisted men in American-made camouflage uniforms mimicking those worn by Hezbollah in 2006 played the enemy.

“It seems really important now in this time, with all that’s happening in Syria,” said one of the Hezbollah actors, Ishay, who is 21 and spoke on the condition his last name not be used, according to military rules.“What they have here is what they do there.”

Ishay and another actor, Adir, 22, said they fired at the reservists through windows and doors to attract them to a house, then threw fake grenades and shot their rifles, which were loaded with blanks, to stall them. They sneaked from building to building for about 90 minutes, then were declared defeated, as many of the reservists collapsed in naps on the floor after days with little sleep.“We always lose — like the enemy,” Adir said.“Our enemies lose, too, in the end.”<

Nothing like being ready.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
As promised:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/07/world/middl...
>As that was playing out, Israel continued to plan intensively for a third war in Lebanon, where it believes Hezbollah has amassed 60,000 rockets aimed in its direction. Military leaders say that they have learned the lessons of their 34-day battle with Hezbollah in 2006, and that the next round will be short, deadly and urban: one top general recently described Lebanese homes as having “a living room and a missile room” right next to each other.
That is why the army built a mock Lebanese village here at the Elyakim base, complete with three fortified underground tunnels, similar to what Hezbollah uses to store supplies.
On Thursday morning, a battalion of reservists culminated a five-day exercise by storming the village with gunfire, grenades and eventually a trio of tanks that rolled through its hills. Eight enlisted men in American-made camouflage uniforms mimicking those worn by Hezbollah in 2006 played the enemy.
“It seems really important now in this time, with all that’s happening in Syria,” said one of the Hezbollah actors, Ishay, who is 21 and spoke on the condition his last name not be used, according to military rules.“What they have here is what they do there.”
Ishay and another actor, Adir, 22, said they fired at the reservists through windows and doors to attract them to a house, then threw fake grenades and shot their rifles, which were loaded with blanks, to stall them. They sneaked from building to building for about 90 minutes, then were declared defeated, as many of the reservists collapsed in naps on the floor after days with little sleep.“We always lose — like the enemy,” Adir said.“Our enemies lose, too, in the end.”<
Nothing like being ready.
I don't know how you expect me to respond to this with a sudden-onset toothache.

Know what's scary? Thinking you've got a good idea of what to expect when you drive up to your enemy's home. It's especially scary to be surrounded by folks who think they've got it all figured out. What kind of training could it be if nobody died?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
And the problem is?
Who put those judgies on that?? There's a meanie there and it's not me. TRD? Perhaps.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Who put those judgies on that?? There's a meanie there and it's not me. TRD? Perhaps.
Homey don't game like dat...I do smileys.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Homey don't game like dat...I do smileys.
This homey does Cheftells and smileys is just the beginning. All you do is double up on that lil blue pill. LOL LOL Am I making faces again? I be tearin that mo fo up, fo sure!

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

When you mess with the bull, you get the horn. What a bunch of animals, and I'm not talking about the bulls. LMFAO Now that's what I'm talking about. Had this ignorant dude down to his girlie panties.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Way off topic, but it needs to be said. Why is FLA bracing for riots in the Zimnmerman's case? Why are cities all over the country bracing for riots after the jury renders its verdict? Do they fear crackers or Hispanics will loot the local Walmart and burn cars and assault other crackers and Hispanics? No. It's because these African-Americans have a chance to demonstrate, once again, that they are a mob of savages that return to those tribal instincts where the machete rules and justice is foreign. The police blotters all over the country shows this and yet, we tip-toe around it because of political correctness. Yo, Moderators, let it be. It's true.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
Way off topic, but it needs to be said. Why is FLA bracing for riots in the Zimnmerman's case? Why are cities all over the country bracing for riots after the jury renders its verdict? Do they fear crackers or Hispanics will loot the local Walmart and burn cars and assault other crackers and Hispanics? No. It's because these African-Americans have a chance to demonstrate, once again, that they are a mob of savages that return to those tribal instincts where the machete rules and justice is foreign. The police blotters all over the country shows this and yet, we tip-toe around it because of political correctness. Yo, Moderators, let it be. It's true.
I've been seeing news stories about faith based efforts to keep things under control, I'm not sure it's necessary but it can't hurt. This is an emotional issue and it's pretty clear the prosecution doesn't think they convicted him. If it gets ugly I think I'll blame the idiots who turned court proceedings into reality TV. A post-verdict riot would make the networks tons of money. I wonder if a spot in the Zimmerman verdict will beat the price of Superbowl airtime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,121 - 64,140 of67,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]