Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#70001 Jun 6, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>
I would keep this stuff secret. If one of them doesn't survive, guess who'll be to blame.
Y'know, all winter Faith talked about the cabin fever and snow blindness and general pain in her finely crafted tush it was to live in Michigan in the winter time. Well here we are, almost fully a week into the Atlantic hurricane season and I'm sitting under the first named storm of the season. At least snow doesn't soak your groceries as you carry them in from the car.
DAMN YOU AL GORE!
Andrea!!! Only a tropical storm. Suck it up, Cry Baby.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#70002 Jun 6, 2013
Another thing. How do you know about her finely crafted tush? I'm hearing that it qualifies for a commercial license plate.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#70003 Jun 6, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
Another thing. How do you know about her finely crafted tush? I'm hearing that it qualifies for a commercial license plate.
Which Muslim are you listening to?

I'll have you know I've crossed the Gulf Stream in an 18' boat with worse weather. It just sucks that the cruising season is effectively over in the Caribbean until December.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#70006 Jun 6, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Which Muslim are you listening to?
I'll have you know I've crossed the Gulf Stream in an 18' boat with worse weather. It just sucks that the cruising season is effectively over in the Caribbean until December.
Not listening to Muslims. Just reading about them. How about this? Could it be because its very difficult to stuff a tumbleweed into bikini without a blowtorch? The very fact that they bowed under pressure from a vocal minority is amazing. But, where its at should be a lesson. WTF is a sarong?

http://www.examiner.com/article/bikini-ban-mu...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#70008 Jun 6, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not listening to Muslims. Just reading about them. How about this? Could it be because its very difficult to stuff a tumbleweed into bikini without a blowtorch? The very fact that they bowed under pressure from a vocal minority is amazing. But, where its at should be a lesson. WTF is a sarong?
http://www.examiner.com/article/bikini-ban-mu...
It's at trying times like these that I ask myself...WWDTD? Trump had a Muslim girl win in a bikini.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#70009 Jun 6, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is a sarong?
P U H L E E Z E - http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/W...
redd

Anonymous Proxy

#70013 Jun 6, 2013
yo
redd

Anonymous Proxy

#70014 Jun 6, 2013
what
redd

France

#70016 Jun 6, 2013
hi
hitdrew

Pittsburgh, PA

#70017 Jun 6, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
Wheres the Beef?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#70020 Jun 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Which Muslim are you listening to?
So? How was it? The news showed some pretty good footage of paradise.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#70021 Jun 7, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
So? How was it? The news showed some pretty good footage of paradise.
No biggie, it just rained (a lot). The only significant thing about this storm is it's timing...first week of the season is somewhat ominous when you consider the forecast. Still, I wouldn't trade places with a Syrian even if we were talking Powerball money.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#70022 Jun 7, 2013
Sure, why not let the fox guard the hen house?

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-e...

Either his divorce has made him stupid or he thinks it has made us stupid...there's just nothing smart about this offer.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#70024 Jun 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
Sure, why not let the fox guard the hen house?
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-e...
Either his divorce has made him stupid or he thinks it has made us stupid...there's just nothing smart about this offer.
He wants the easy way. Be a "good" UN member. Have troops on the Israeli border. Spy on Israel from 10 feet away. No way Jose, I hope. Bibi cant be that stupid. The last time Russian advisors were on the Golan right on the Israeli border they just fled leaving behind maps and info about attacking Israel. No thanks.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#70025 Jun 7, 2013
Good morning Europe and the whole stupid world!!!

Danish Defence Intelligence:'Greatest threat to the West' is European jihad-tourists returning from Syria to 'carry out attack'
This confirms what thinking people have known for many months, but few state authorities admit: that Western Muslims travelling to Syria to learn jihad are returning to the West in order to carry out attacks. Berlingske - FE: Westerners are the primary threat

The greatest threat to the West from al-Qaeda's involvement in Syria is Westerners who have links to the militant network and return home with bad intentions, estimates The Danish Defence Intelligence Service.
The Defence Intelligence Service (FE) is closely monitoring the civil war in Syria and its influence on Denmark's security.

This is the conclusion in a new report from the FE that gives an insight into FE's assessments and general work in 2011 and 2012.

"The primary threat to the West from al-Qaeda's involvement in Syria is Westerners who get weapons training, combat experience and contact with the militant network and then travel back to the West to carry out attacks," says the report.

No shit.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#70026 Jun 7, 2013
Sure sure , the problem is Israel.....

Iraq: Sunni jihad-martyrdom suicide bomber murders nine Shi'ite pilgrims on bus
But remember: the real problem is "Islamophobia." Sunni/Shi'ite Jihad Update: "Iraq bomber hits Iranian pilgrims, at least nine dead," from Reuters, June 7
BAGHDAD (Reuters)- A suicide bomber rammed his car into a bus carrying Iranian Shi'ite Muslim pilgrims in Iraq on Friday, killing at least nine people in an attack likely carried out by Sunni Muslim insurgents trying to ignite sectarian conflict.
Al Qaeda's local wing and other Sunni insurgents have been on the offensive since the start of the year in an attempt - spurred in part by the mainly Sunni rebellion in neighboring Syria - to provoke the kind of Shi'ite-Sunni bloodshed that killed thousands in Iraq in 2006-2007.

Police said that in Friday's attack in Muqdadiya, 80 km northeast of Baghdad, the bomber targeted a convoy of three buses carrying Iranian pilgrims, who often visit Iraq's Shi'ite shrines in the south of the country. At least nine people were killed and 27 wounded, according to police.

"When the buses passed, a white car driving very fast came out of an alley way and hit the second bus, and I saw that bus burst into flames," said Ahmed Ferhan, an Iraqi man injured in the blasts.

An official with Iran's Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization told the semi-official Fars news agency that based on preliminary information, 16 Iranians had been killed and 44 wounded in the attack....
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#70027 Jun 7, 2013
But of course , Israel is the problem in the Middle East....

Saudi's Grand Mufti calls for jihad against Hizballah
This escalating Sunni-Shi'ite conflict over Syria could put a serious crimp in the jihad against the West. "Saudi's Grand Mufti calls for jihad against Hezbollah," from Al Bawaba, June 7:

Saudi Arabia’s Grand Mufti Abdul Aziz al-Asheikh hailed on Thursday senior Muslim cleric Sheikh Youssef al-Qaradawi’s stance against Iran and Hezbollah, Al Arabiya television reported.
Sheikh Qaradawi, president of the International Union of Muslim Scholars, criticized last Saturday the Lebanese Shiite militia group for its military intervention in Syria and called for Jihad against it.

Qaradawi, a Sunni cleric, said in a speech in the Qatari capital Doha that “every Muslim trained to fight and capable of doing that [must] make himself available” for Jihad against Assad and Hezbollah in Syria, AFP quoted him as saying.

“Iran is pushing forward arms and men, so why do we stand idle?” he asked, describing Hezbollah, which means the party of God in Arabic, as the “party of Satan.”

“The leader of the party of the Satan comes to fight the Sunnis... Now we know what the Iranians want... They want continued massacres to kill Sunnis,” Qaradawi said.

“How could 100 million Shiites [worldwide] defeat 1.7 billion [Sunnis]? Only because [Sunni] Muslims are weak.”

Sheikh Qaradawi said he was mistaken in his previous support of Hezbollah and Iran, in front of Saudi clerics.

“I defended the so-called Nasrallah and his party, the party of tyranny... in front of clerics in Saudi Arabia,” he said.

“It seems that the clerics of Saudi Arabia were more mature than me,” Qaradawi added, according to AFP.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#70028 Jun 7, 2013
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
He wants the easy way. Be a "good" UN member. Have troops on the Israeli border. Spy on Israel from 10 feet away. No way Jose, I hope. Bibi cant be that stupid. The last time Russian advisors were on the Golan right on the Israeli border they just fled leaving behind maps and info about attacking Israel. No thanks.
He doesn't give a shit about being a good UN member. I guess in all the excitement about Syria, someone forgot to remind Putin that the Med is a NATO lake. He got a bye when we thought his ships might be needed to evacuate Russian personnel but Assad refuses to give up the ghost.

Transferring ships from multiple fleets is looking a lot more like a permanent assignment and that's unacceptable.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#70030 Jun 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't give a shit about being a good UN member. I guess in all the excitement about Syria, someone forgot to remind Putin that the Med is a NATO lake. He got a bye when we thought his ships might be needed to evacuate Russian personnel but Assad refuses to give up the ghost.
Transferring ships from multiple fleets is looking a lot more like a permanent assignment and that's unacceptable.
Unacceptable? To who? Iran, China and the Russians will go wherever they want and they won't ask for a permission slip. In fact, they make it a point to challenge NATO. What's NATO going to do? Yell and scream and stomp their tiny little feet in protest? Maybe buzz them with some stealth bombers? I can see them trembling in their lockstep jack-boots. NATO, much like the UN is getting long in the tooth and lacks testosterone to serve up some serious objections. Except in the news. That's where Putin is getting his stones. Are you watching re-runs from the 80's?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#70031 Jun 7, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unacceptable? To who? Iran, China and the Russians will go wherever they want and they won't ask for a permission slip. In fact, they make it a point to challenge NATO. What's NATO going to do? Yell and scream and stomp their tiny little feet in protest? Maybe buzz them with some stealth bombers? I can see them trembling in their lockstep jack-boots. NATO, much like the UN is getting long in the tooth and lacks testosterone to serve up some serious objections. Except in the news. That's where Putin is getting his stones. Are you watching re-runs from the 80's?
Kerry should be getting sidetracked with this issue since that is where we traditionally (we as in us, the US) drew the line. We wouldn't let them breath there in the 70's and kept them under our boot when they were this all-powerful Soviet Union. It would be a shame not to recognize the opportunism for what it is. By recognize I mean assign another carrier battle group to the area with instructions to closely monitor the Russian ships and dedicate some full-time satellite oversight to make sure we know when the S300s arrive. A no-fly zone may become a reality and those things are game changers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,154,509
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,923
French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) 9 min dango64 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 39 min PEllen 98,858
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 42 min barefoot2626 25
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 53 min Cali Girl 2014 51,266
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 49,253
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:13 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:13PM