Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 3,173)

Showing posts 63,441 - 63,460 of67,538
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
suzu

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

but of course it is not barbaric to kill guatemalan natives.
suzu

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
That's war. In short, when hostilities start, it tends to get ugly. If Mexicans from mexico were to fire rockets into San Diego, which was won in a war by the USA, what do you think the US is going to do? Just saying.
Israel is a tiny country surrounded by enemies sworn to Israel's destruction. Israel does hit hard. It has to. The attack in London is an example of radical islamic fanatics hell bent on killing westerners.
yes, poor tiny country surrounded by enemies but has enough resources to go terrorize guatemalans, 1000's of miles away
strange isn't it what a poor tiny country is capable of.
suzu

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

gotta feel sorry for poor tiny country surrounded by enemies
suzu

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

In an interview on Thursday, Ben-Menashe said the Israelis supplied a total of six helicopters to the Guatemalans along with computers and software to keep track of alleged subversives who could then be identified and executed. Ben-Menashe said he learned of the mass slaughters during his travels to Guatemala and reported back to his Israeli superiors about the atrocities involving the equipment that they had authorized. The response, he said, was concern but inaction.

“They weren’t for killing these people, not at all,” Ben-Menashe said.“But they thought their interest was to help the Reagan people. If the Reagan people wanted it [the equipment sent to Guatemala], they would do it.[They thought,]‘this is bad, but is it any of our business? Our American friends are asking for our help, so we should help them.’”

After our phone interview had ended, Ben-Menashe called me back to stress that the Israelis were unaware of the genocidal nature of the Guatemalan military campaigns

just mass murders, not genocide!! cute explanation of how israelis are not guilty, but still and always the victims
suzu

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

wondering how adopted girl likes this story. it could have been her relatives that the israeli helicopters helped to mass murder.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the party, Pal? How many times have you seen this, Old fart? 25 for me. LOL
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/17/top-25-a...
It never gets old.

Ever wonder how far the drone force will expand?

http://images.bwbx.io/cms/2013-02-13/openingr...
suzu

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
That video excerpt shows how hopeless it is to deal with this garbage. He looked like he just killed a goat for supper. Islam always justifies murder. You are 100% right on your assessment of these animals. I tried real hard to see something of value to this species. Nothing. Only Nazi Gray can see any redeeming features, but it's always at the expense of Israeli's. So he/she don't count. Stories like these are not made up. Stay alert. Looking like Syria is ready to test the waters of war, again. The bright side? You don't have to go into Lebanon to find the rats of Hezbollah.
yes, compare this to the high civilization of US-israel

Death Lists

From first-hand reporting in Guatemala, journalist Nairn also observed the security advantages gained from detailed death lists. Nairn said soldiers under Gen. Otto Perez Molina, the current president,“described how they would go into town armed with death lists provided them by G2 military intelligence, death lists of people who were suspected of being collaborators of the guerrillas or critics of the army.

“They told how they would strangle people with lassos, slit women open with machetes, shoot people in the head in front of the neighbors, use U.S. planes, helicopters and 50 gram bombs to attack people if they fled into the hills.”

Nairn said,“The U.S. had also arranged for Israel to step in and become the principal supplier of hardware to the Guatemalan army, in particular assault rifles, the Galil automatic rifle. This was because the administration was running into problems with Congress, which wouldn’t go along with a lot of their plans to aid the Guatemalan military, so they did an end run by using the government of Israel.”

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

suzu wrote:
Israel’s Hand in Guatemala’s Genocide. May 23, 2013 By Robert Parry
The Guatemalan genocide of the 1980s does not just implicate President Ronald Reagan and his senior aides but the Israeli government which secretly supplied helicopters, guns and computers that were used to hunt down and exterminate Ixil Indians and other perceived enemies of the state
At the height of Guatemala’s mass slaughters in the 1980s, including genocide against the Ixil Indians, the Reagan administration worked with Israeli officials to provide helicopters that the Guatemalan army used to hunt down fleeing villagers, according to documentary and eyewitness evidence.
During testimony at the recent genocide trial of former Guatemalan dictator Efrain Rios Montt, one surprise was how often massacre survivors cited the Army’s use of helicopters in the scorched-earth offensives.
Journalist Allan Nairn, who covered the war in Guatemala and attended the Rios Montt trial, said in an interview,“one interesting thing that came out in the trial, as witness after witness testified, was a very substantial number of them talked about fleeing into the mountains and being bombed, attacked and machine gunned from U.S. planes and helicopters.
“At the time this was going on, I was aware this was happening in some cases, but from the testimony of the witnesses, it sounded like these attacks from U.S. planes and helicopters were more frequent than we realized at the time. That’s an example of how we don’t know the whole story yet – how extensive the U.S. complicity was in these crimes.”
Pary of the mystery was where did Guatemala’s UH-1H “Huey” helicopters come from, since the U.S. Congress continued to resist military sales to Guatemala because of its wretched human rights record. The answer appears to be that some helicopters were arranged secretly by President Ronald Reagan’s National Security Council staff through Israeli intelligence networks.
Rios Montt began pressing the United States for 10 UH-1H helicopters in June 1983, as his military campaign was ramping up. Since Guatemala lacked the U.S. Foreign Military Sales credits or the cash to buy the helicopters, Reagan’s national security team looked for unconventional ways to arrange the delivery of the equipment.
On Aug. 1, 1983, NSC aides Oliver North and Alfonso Sapia-Bosch reported to National Security Advisor William P. Clark that his deputy Robert “Bud” McFarlane was planning to exploit his Israeli channels to secure the helicopters for Guatemala, according to a document that I discovered at Reagan’s presidential library.
Boo fcuking Hoo, Tubby

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

suzu wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, compare this to the high civilization of US-israel
Death Lists
From first-hand reporting in Guatemala, journalist Nairn also observed the security advantages gained from detailed death lists. Nairn said soldiers under Gen. Otto Perez Molina, the current president,“described how they would go into town armed with death lists provided them by G2 military intelligence, death lists of people who were suspected of being collaborators of the guerrillas or critics of the army.
“They told how they would strangle people with lassos, slit women open with machetes, shoot people in the head in front of the neighbors, use U.S. planes, helicopters and 50 gram bombs to attack people if they fled into the hills.”
Nairn said,“The U.S. had also arranged for Israel to step in and become the principal supplier of hardware to the Guatemalan army, in particular assault rifles, the Galil automatic rifle. This was because the administration was running into problems with Congress, which wouldn’t go along with a lot of their plans to aid the Guatemalan military, so they did an end run by using the government of Israel.”
Crawl back in your hole, Fatbody.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

suzu wrote:
but of course it is not barbaric to kill guatemalan natives.
Nothing can distract from the brutal murder of Muslims by Muslims

State forces and militias loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad stormed the coastal village of Baida on Thursday, killing at least 50 people including women and children, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

The pro-opposition monitoring group said the final death toll was likely to exceed 100. Many of those killed appeared to have been executed by shooting or stabbing, it said, and other bodies were found burned.

Photos and videos are emerging from Syria of dozens of innocent men, women and children brutally murdered by Syrian militia gangs in Baniyas. The photos, pixilated due to their horrific and graphic nature shows bodies shot, stabbed and burned, lying in the village streets.

Some children are shown lying in pools of blood. Another toddler was covered in burns, her clothes singed and her legs charred. Some of the women victims were mutilated.

At least 77 people - 20 from the same family - were killed, a day after 72 died in nearby Bayda. Assad's regime claimed it had fought back against "terrorist groups" and restored peace and security to the area.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

suzu wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, poor tiny country surrounded by enemies but has enough resources to go terrorize guatemalans, 1000's of miles away
strange isn't it what a poor tiny country is capable of.
Hey, leave Henry alone...he's busy arguing with 2009. Know what you can do to make this a better place (besides thinking every once in a while)? You could post a link to the article you are citing, that way we're all on the same page.

You kind of missed the mark on all the Iran/Contra problems, didn't you? Guatemalan Mayans were purely collateral damage during an otherwise successful anti-communist campaign in Central America. You may want to rethink your anti APAC rant. At least with that you showed some familiarity with the subject.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

waleed sadat wrote:
<quoted text>
State forces and militias loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad stormed the coastal village of Baida on Thursday, killing at least 50 people including women and children, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The pro-opposition monitoring group said the final death toll was likely to exceed 100. Many of those killed appeared to have been executed by shooting or stabbing, it said, and other bodies were found burned.
Photos and videos are emerging from Syria of dozens of innocent men, women and children brutally murdered by Syrian militia gangs in Baniyas. The photos, pixilated due to their horrific and graphic nature shows bodies shot, stabbed and burned, lying in the village streets.
Some children are shown lying in pools of blood. Another toddler was covered in burns, her clothes singed and her legs charred. Some of the women victims were mutilated.
At least 77 people - 20 from the same family - were killed, a day after 72 died in nearby Bayda. Assad's regime claimed it had fought back against "terrorist groups" and restored peace and security to the area.
Thanks Waleed, if it weren't for you keeping us on-topic, Grey would probably lose his mind over all the Iran/Contra gossip.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

waleed sadat wrote:
<quoted text>
suzu doesn't give a sh!t about any of that stuff. This fat Jew hater just stops by hoping to talk to a real live Jew. Something the POS would never do in person. He/she will go back to the beginning of time to make his/her case against Jews. As neighbors, I have offered to console her/him in his/her time of need. But, alas, a face to face will not happen as that would require stepping out from behind that laptop and anonymity.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, leave Henry alone...he's busy arguing with 2009. Know what you can do to make this a better place (besides thinking every once in a while)? You could post a link to the article you are citing, that way we're all on the same page.
You kind of missed the mark on all the Iran/Contra problems, didn't you? Guatemalan Mayans were purely collateral damage during an otherwise successful anti-communist campaign in Central America. You may want to rethink your anti APAC rant. At least with that you showed some familiarity with the subject.
Let me help you. Check out some their outstanding reporting. You'll get the drift.

Anyway, this is Porky's reference material.

http://consortiumnews.com/2013/05/23/israels-...

The Consortium News

Independent Investigative Journalism Since 1995. LMFAO

I'm surprised it wasn't Gaye's favorite source of information. Veterans Today. Check this out.

Since "Veterans Today" quite literally epitomizes the definition of "disinformation", and because I want to save you time, energy, and frustration, I've done the bulk of research in order to hopefully demonstrate why trusting "Veterans Today" may not be the best idea.

http://screechingkettle.blogspot.com/2011/04/...
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Dear nazislamist bitch, once the helicopters sold they are not Israeli choppers and not american either. Poor muslim idiot.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you. Check out some their outstanding reporting. You'll get the drift.
Anyway, this is Porky's reference material.
http://consortiumnews.com/2013/05/23/israels-...
The Consortium News
Independent Investigative Journalism Since 1995. LMFAO
I'm surprised it wasn't Gaye's favorite source of information. Veterans Today. Check this out.
Since "Veterans Today" quite literally epitomizes the definition of "disinformation", and because I want to save you time, energy, and frustration, I've done the bulk of research in order to hopefully demonstrate why trusting "Veterans Today" may not be the best idea.
http://screechingkettle.blogspot.com/2011/04/...
Is it me? Am I unreasonable when I ask if you are trying to make an argument, that you also present your supporting documentation?

It's reassuring to know there are others out there who recognize Grey's unimpeachable sources for what they are. If the internet had rest rooms, his supporting sites would be found on a roll hanging inside the stalls.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Is it me? Am I unreasonable when I ask if you are trying to make an argument, that you also present your supporting documentation?
It's reassuring to know there are others out there who recognize Grey's unimpeachable sources for what they are. If the internet had rest rooms, his supporting sites would be found on a roll hanging inside the stalls.
Is it you? Are you you? It's more work for us that are interested in the source, but google is amazing tool for locating sources. I found Fatso's garbage immediately. It also paints a picture of what these morons read for entertainment, hence their character. Although, Plate-In-The-Head was easy to figure out from the Gitgo.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it you? Are you you? It's more work for us that are interested in the source, but google is amazing tool for locating sources. I found Fatso's garbage immediately. It also paints a picture of what these morons read for entertainment, hence their character. Although, Plate-In-The-Head was easy to figure out from the Gitgo.
I guess that in the company we keep around here, there's no sense breaking a sweat making a coherent argument. Any extra effort is wasted so why go through the motions?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that in the company we keep around here, there's no sense breaking a sweat making a coherent argument. Any extra effort is wasted so why go through the motions?
Faith gave me my laugh for the week. Do you think Elvis was the second gunman on the grassy knoll? That entire post was hilarious.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith gave me my laugh for the week. Do you think Elvis was the second gunman on the grassy knoll? That entire post was hilarious.
Her's is a sublime sense of humor. I wish we were more interesting...give her a reason to stick around.

P.S. Elvis was the ONLY gunman on the grassy noll. The other guy was in the book depository across the street. I know a trick question when I see one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 63,441 - 63,460 of67,538
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,072,575
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,685
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min Go Blue Forever 97,443
Abby 7-11 43 min edogxxx 19
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,517
Abby July 12 54 min Cass 2
Chicago's bloody Fourth: 82 shot, 14 dead 57 min mike 8
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••