Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
62,721 - 62,740 of 68,297 Comments Last updated 32 min ago

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Some assembly required, batteries and sights not included.
I'm actually for closing all the loopholes so that even gun show sales have background checks and cooling off periods consistent with brick & stick gun stores. If the Bass Pro Shop has to wait, so should the gun shows.
I don't get the registration of ammunition. I mean, all one has to do is pick up the casings and poof, no traceability. As for actual people who would commit crimes, think they care? Do you think they have cooling off periods imposed or background checks? It's asinine.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they ever drop your security clearances when you retire or are in the reserves? Curious how quickly it can be re-instated if need be.
I think the guys who separate from the service to consult for a contractor still need to come in under the company's clearances which means it's a pre-employment requirement to pass the gummint colonoscopy. When I seperated, I burned the bridge.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get the registration of ammunition. I mean, all one has to do is pick up the casings and poof, no traceability. As for actual people who would commit crimes, think they care? Do you think they have cooling off periods imposed or background checks? It's asinine.
It's the 21st century, remember? We already have the tech to give every bullet it's own discreet RFID. If I bought a box of 50 numbers and one within that range ends up in somebody, they could track it easily. The trouble with that is that we also have the ability to make self destructive frangible ammo that can render itself unrecognizable. Bad guys will probably hoard the older stuff if we make ID-able ammo mandatory.

There are a lot of tech related things we can do to help solve the crime but there aren't many that work at preventing it. We may not be able to prevent bad people from ending up with the tools of their trade but we can definitely make them harder to get. Don't convicts forfeit their civil rights? Why don't we enact a law requiring manufacturers to build a governor into every gun that will disable it in the presence of a criminal. The first step in the process of incarceration would be injection of an RFID device in each of a prisoner's hands. If he were to pick up a gun the RFID sensor would automatically disable it. Now would be a really good time to put a plan like this in action seeing as how the UN just passed a resolution controlling the international flow of small arms.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Know much about military transport do you? I used to do this when I had my plane. I bet you know just as much about the budget and appropriations process as you do about the military. Learn who to blame before you start throwing it around.
Hey, Old Timer. I know who to blame. The Big O. Did you read the article, Bozo?

<Jen Salvati, VAC Operations Manager, said that Dishon’s illness had been designated as 100 percent service-connected since he contracted it while still on active duty, and that he thus would ordinarily have qualified for military air transport; however, she said, she had been informed that funding for such mercy flights has been curtailed by Sequester budget cuts and that the armed forces have been appealing to private sources for help.“We got a call from Sgt. Dishon’s social worker,” she said.

“It’s a duty and an honor to be doing this,” Summey said.“For me it’s an uplifting experience. But I can’t help noticing the irony that the President of the United States can spend a million dollars’ worth of taxpayer money to have Air Force One fly him to a golf game with Tiger Woods but the Air Force can’t afford to fly a terminally ill veteran with a hundred-per-cent service related disability to his hospice.”>

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>They let me post on Topix, don't they?
That's really nothing to brag about! LOLOLOL And you HAVE HAD posts REMOVED, you know! LOLOLOL

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>It's the 21st century, remember? We already have the tech to give every bullet it's own discreet RFID. If I bought a box of 50 numbers and one within that range ends up in somebody, they could track it easily. The trouble with that is that we also have the ability to make self destructive frangible ammo that can render itself unrecognizable. Bad guys will probably hoard the older stuff if we make ID-able ammo mandatory.
There are a lot of tech related things we can do to help solve the crime but there aren't many that work at preventing it. We may not be able to prevent bad people from ending up with the tools of their trade but we can definitely make them harder to get. Don't convicts forfeit their civil rights? Why don't we enact a law requiring manufacturers to build a governor into every gun that will disable it in the presence of a criminal. The first step in the process of incarceration would be injection of an RFID device in each of a prisoner's hands. If he were to pick up a gun the RFID sensor would automatically disable it. Now would be a really good time to put a plan like this in action seeing as how the UN just passed a resolution controlling the international flow of small arms.
Puleeze. You're just arguing to argue. RFID in my copper jacketed hollow point .38? Casings left behind, are traceable. Lead, uh uh. Your "pipe" dreams disregard costs and determination for a Running Mans's head collar for all ammunition purchasers. Already re-loading devices are flying off the shelves. Just as enforceable as the UN's latest resolution. The shooter out there today, haven't been incarcerated yet. They are alive and well in Hartford, Bridgeport, Waterbury and Norwich. I know you are yanking my chain, but, at least let me lube up.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Old Timer. I know who to blame. The Big O. Did you read the article, Bozo?
<Jen Salvati, VAC Operations Manager, said that Dishon’s illness had been designated as 100 percent service-connected since he contracted it while still on active duty, and that he thus would ordinarily have qualified for military air transport; however, she said, she had been informed that funding for such mercy flights has been curtailed by Sequester budget cuts and that the armed forces have been appealing to private sources for help.“We got a call from Sgt. Dishon’s social worker,” she said.
“It’s a duty and an honor to be doing this,” Summey said.“For me it’s an uplifting experience. But I can’t help noticing the irony that the President of the United States can spend a million dollars’ worth of taxpayer money to have Air Force One fly him to a golf game with Tiger Woods but the Air Force can’t afford to fly a terminally ill veteran with a hundred-per-cent service related disability to his hospice.”>
Read it, lived it...did you read my response?

It once took me five days to catch a flight out of Subic and then I had to wait another day in Hawaii for a connection back to the mainland. It's not like scheduled airline transport. I think the issue here was that this guy might not have made it if he had waited for standby space-available transport. He was delivered directly to hospice care as soon as he arrived.

You are awfully judgemental for someone with so few facts. Military personnel and their families have always dealt with this system, not only under Obama. I understand you don't like the President but keep your indignation and crocodile tears to yourself. Your blatant exploitation of this dead man walking speaks volumes.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Puleeze. You're just arguing to argue. RFID in my copper jacketed hollow point .38? Casings left behind, are traceable. Lead, uh uh. Your "pipe" dreams disregard costs and determination for a Running Mans's head collar for all ammunition purchasers. Already re-loading devices are flying off the shelves. Just as enforceable as the UN's latest resolution. The shooter out there today, haven't been incarcerated yet. They are alive and well in Hartford, Bridgeport, Waterbury and Norwich. I know you are yanking my chain, but, at least let me lube up.
Cocktail yet? Good.

Neither one of the Dobermans have figured it out yet, the Vet just gave them a shot. If they ever get loose, all their particulars can be read through their skin. It's smaller than a grain of rice and can absolutely fit in a .38 slug.

I can't believe you pulled the reloading card after stating that bad guys don't care about background checks or cooling off periods. No crook is going to steal a gun without stealing ammo and he/she is definitely not going to stop the crime spree to weigh out powder and reprime cases.

What just happened at the UN will likely take decades to fully enact plus there are objectors like North Korea, Syria and so forth who don't like the idea of gun control and will back door their guns through Russia and China. Before that shift is complete, the state of the manufacturing art will make secure personal weapons like the "Lawgiver" a la Judge Dredd possible. It may not take your hand off but it can definitely be made to work for only one person.

Crooks will always be crooks which is why we need to change the things we can control...the guns and ammo. I doubt we can keep guns out of the hands of bad people, if they really want them they'll find them. But there'll come a day (and it's not too far off) when we can have our guns and keep them too. Having one stolen really bothered me, I wished I could have turned it off with Lojack...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Cocktail yet? Good.
Neither one of the Dobermans have figured it out yet, the Vet just gave them a shot. If they ever get loose, all their particulars can be read through their skin. It's smaller than a grain of rice and can absolutely fit in a .38 slug.
I can't believe you pulled the reloading card after stating that bad guys don't care about background checks or cooling off periods. No crook is going to steal a gun without stealing ammo and he/she is definitely not going to stop the crime spree to weigh out powder and reprime cases.
What just happened at the UN will likely take decades to fully enact plus there are objectors like North Korea, Syria and so forth who don't like the idea of gun control and will back door their guns through Russia and China. Before that shift is complete, the state of the manufacturing art will make secure personal weapons like the "Lawgiver" a la Judge Dredd possible. It may not take your hand off but it can definitely be made to work for only one person.
Crooks will always be crooks which is why we need to change the things we can control...the guns and ammo. I doubt we can keep guns out of the hands of bad people, if they really want them they'll find them. But there'll come a day (and it's not too far off) when we can have our guns and keep them too. Having one stolen really bothered me, I wished I could have turned it off with Lojack...
Babble Babble. What they put in your dog is real. That other crap is just your imaginary straw man crap. How about you pack that time machine where the sun don't shine? Law abiding citizens are re-loading, Bonzo. The "cream" of the crime committing populace, don't have the patience or the brains to practice that discipline. Licensed gun owners I know can't even find ammo anymore because limp wristed liberals, like yourself, have made sure that they can't get any. And, it's just gonna get worse. Keep applauding your loss of freedoms, one day at a time. Now I'll have that Cocktail, Loser.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Babble Babble. What they put in your dog is real. That other crap is just your imaginary straw man crap. How about you pack that time machine where the sun don't shine? Law abiding citizens are re-loading, Bonzo. The "cream" of the crime committing populace, don't have the patience or the brains to practice that discipline. Licensed gun owners I know can't even find ammo anymore because limp wristed liberals, like yourself, have made sure that they can't get any. And, it's just gonna get worse. Keep applauding your loss of freedoms, one day at a time. Now I'll have that Cocktail, Loser.
Have it your way but there will come a time when my bullets will shoot your bullets down and it's closer than you think. Look at the guns the founders carried then look at what we have now. In the 1700's you couldn't fight if it was raining.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Have it your way but there will come a time when my bullets will shoot your bullets down and it's closer than you think. Look at the guns the founders carried then look at what we have now. In the 1700's you couldn't fight if it was raining.

In the year 6565, you'll pick your sons and daughters, too, from a long glass tube.

You'll never see your bullets shoot down my bullets.

So very far away, maybe it's only yesterday. You fcuken Stoner.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Read it, lived it...did you read my response?
It once took me five days to catch a flight out of Subic and then I had to wait another day in Hawaii for a connection back to the mainland. It's not like scheduled airline transport. I think the issue here was that this guy might not have made it if he had waited for standby space-available transport. He was delivered directly to hospice care as soon as he arrived.
You are awfully judgemental for someone with so few facts. Military personnel and their families have always dealt with this system, not only under Obama. I understand you don't like the President but keep your indignation and crocodile tears to yourself. Your blatant exploitation of this dead man walking speaks volumes.
I think I saw you @ 2:25 minutes. Was that you? Can you look backwards as well as forwards? LOL

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I saw you @ 2:25 minutes. Was that you? Can you look backwards as well as forwards? LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =InRDF_0lfHkXX
Make it 2:20, Killah!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

This thread is over!

Nazi/Islamic leave.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Republican Eagle wrote:
This thread is over!
Nazi/Islamic leave.
It's over when we say it's over, Skinhead Troll.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Make it 2:20, Killah!
Naw, that's my father in law. I did some 2:10ing though.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Naw, that's my father in law. I did some 2:10ing though.
I get it. Were you a morning person?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. Were you a morning person?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bPXVGQnJm0wXX
I was open for business 24/7 back then...not so much now.

Excuse me, I've got some library books and deposit bottles I have to return before we shut this MFer down.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Naw, that's my father in law. I did some 2:10ing though.
F-5's?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
F-5's?
F-105's, he was THUD driver in VN.

You are now officially hosed.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2013/04/09/Stu...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Obumbles the Zero 1,096,197
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL 68,850
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min edogxxx 97,827
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Beavis 176,805
Abby 8-22 20 min edogxxx 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min Chickenpoo 49,272
Red-light cameras: Carol Stream police officer ... (Jul '09) 24 min Redlex busted 179

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:28AM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••