Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#68623 Mar 15, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>It's possible the boy dictator had no choice about how far the threat went once spoken but I bet his intended audience was domestic. In other words, we got spammed on a diplomatic level.
I don't think this ones going to make the threshold for White House bandwidth. It hasn't done anything since I signed it and none of my pals are taking the hint.(puss) Time to just leave Afghanistan and let them slaughter themselves.
See the boys in the air made an Iranian jet change its mind as it was attempting to confront a drone in International airspace. He apparently wasn't about to engage anything that could shoot back. That's what I'm talkin about, Willis.

>One pilot issued an oral warning, and the American jets then closed to within 2 miles of the Iranian jet, which flew away<

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...

Since: Sep 09

Tel Aviv, Israel

#68624 Mar 15, 2013
A new government was born today in Israel, leaving me very optimistic. This is not the government prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu hoped for, he was forced to leave the Ultra-Orthodox parties out of his coalition and give in to the joint demands of the YeshAtid and BayitYehudi parties, leading to the creation of a center-right government of liberal economic agendas, dedicated to strengthening the middle class and changing the relationship between religion and state.

Yair Lapid, a rising star in Israeli politics whose party won 19 seats out of 120 in the Israeli Knesset, was appointed Minister of the treasury and will manage Israel's economy in the coming years after leading a successful campaign with the slogen "Where is our money?", a huge achivement for the former news anchor and talkshow host.

Hit it ladies!

Ev'ry night a star is
Right in sight a star is
Burning bright a star is born

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#68625 Mar 15, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
See the boys in the air made an Iranian jet change its mind as it was attempting to confront a drone in International airspace. He apparently wasn't about to engage anything that could shoot back. That's what I'm talkin about, Willis.
>One pilot issued an oral warning, and the American jets then closed to within 2 miles of the Iranian jet, which flew away<
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...
I can't believe the Persians still fly the F-4. The Predator might have the advantage with Hellfire in a front aspect attack profile. Hell, with that old plane it might win a tail chase too. That would be poetic justice...a drone shooting down an Iranian plane.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#68626 Mar 15, 2013
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
A new government was born today in Israel, leaving me very optimistic. This is not the government prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu hoped for, he was forced to leave the Ultra-Orthodox parties out of his coalition and give in to the joint demands of the YeshAtid and BayitYehudi parties, leading to the creation of a center-right government of liberal economic agendas, dedicated to strengthening the middle class and changing the relationship between religion and state.
Yair Lapid, a rising star in Israeli politics whose party won 19 seats out of 120 in the Israeli Knesset, was appointed Minister of the treasury and will manage Israel's economy in the coming years after leading a successful campaign with the slogen "Where is our money?", a huge achivement for the former news anchor and talkshow host.
Hit it ladies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jyhSc0LBEywXX
Ev'ry night a star is
Right in sight a star is
Burning bright a star is born
Good luck with it Eran. I hope you get a high-paying government job out of it ;-))

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#68627 Mar 15, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe the Persians still fly the F-4. The Predator might have the advantage with Hellfire in a front aspect attack profile. Hell, with that old plane it might win a tail chase too. That would be poetic justice...a drone shooting down an Iranian plane.
The F-4 was the s!ts in my day. Then the Phantom. They never landed on my ships. We had boardwalk decks. LOL

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#68630 Mar 16, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
The F-4 was the s!ts in my day. Then the Phantom. They never landed on my ships. We had boardwalk decks. LOL
And steam engines ;>)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#68631 Mar 16, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
The F-4 was the s!ts in my day.
I saw an old clip of Orville and Wilbur Wright and could have sworn I saw you in it! LOL

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#68633 Mar 16, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>And steam engines ;>)
You being an Officer and all, probably never had the opportunity to perform "wheels watch" at the end of the runway. At Quonset we had a wagon with red paddles to alert pilots that their wheels weren't down. Visiting A-4's used to come screaming in and were a sight to see as we were mainly prop squadrons.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#68634 Mar 16, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
You being an Officer and all, probably never had the opportunity to perform "wheels watch" at the end of the runway. At Quonset we had a wagon with red paddles to alert pilots that their wheels weren't down. Visiting A-4's used to come screaming in and were a sight to see as we were mainly prop squadrons.
That's pretty pathetic, getting dirty was never a problem for me. I ran checklists through my head so many times it was second nature, not to mention the guy in back.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#68635 Mar 16, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty pathetic, getting dirty was never a problem for me. I ran checklists through my head so many times it was second nature, not to mention the guy in back.
For some reason they didn't trust checklists or indicators, hence the need for wheel watchers and a flare gun. Dare you question the intelligence prevelant at the time? They were, after all, OFFICERS! BwaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaa. I did abandon my cart on a couple of mishaps. No wheels up incidents, just props into the concrete and tire blowout kind of things. It was exciting. I loved it. Better than Fire Watches. What are those, you say? BwaaaaaaHaaaaaa
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#68637 Mar 16, 2013
The Rolling Stones and Israel.

http://unitycoalitionforisrael.org/news/...

Go Stones Go!!!!!!!!!

Old timers, Cliff Richard, Neil Zedaka also coming.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#68638 Mar 16, 2013
Uzi wrote:
The Rolling Stones and Israel.
http://unitycoalitionforisrael.org/news/...
Go Stones Go!!!!!!!!!
Old timers, Cliff Richard, Neil Zedaka also coming.
Neil who? If not a scam, go for it. You going?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#68639 Mar 16, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty pathetic, getting dirty was never a problem for me. I ran checklists through my head so many times it was second nature, not to mention the guy in back.
When did you ever get dirty, Commander? Handing somebody your barf bag? Ever scrub a commode? Mop a floor? Drop your pretentious BS. Officers always had somebody to do that for them. And, gladly. Us enlisted peepuls wuz always there to surv. Mo Fo.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#68640 Mar 16, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you ever get dirty, Commander? Handing somebody your barf bag? Ever scrub a commode? Mop a floor? Drop your pretentious BS. Officers always had somebody to do that for them. And, gladly. Us enlisted peepuls wuz always there to surv. Mo Fo.
You know I was an E-4 in the reserves when I got accepted to ROTC, right? Did boot camp, monthly drills, summer cruises, the whole .5 yards. Ever stand a bilge watch on a mahogany minesweeper? Got buckets?

You're damn right life was better after commissioning.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#68641 Mar 16, 2013
By getting dirty I meant slowing down and entering the pattern. Flaps, gear, hook...checklist stuff.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#68642 Mar 17, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Neil who? If not a scam, go for it. You going?
Looks like that that old bitch coming for 2 performances too, talking about Barbara Streisand.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#68644 Mar 17, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>You know I was an E-4 in the reserves when I got accepted to ROTC, right? Did boot camp, monthly drills, summer cruises, the whole .5 yards. Ever stand a bilge watch on a mahogany minesweeper? Got buckets?
You're damn right life was better after commissioning.
E-4? Say it wasn't so. That was me after 4 years. They said I had an attitude. Can you believe that? LOL

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#68645 Mar 17, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
E-4? Say it wasn't so. That was me after 4 years. They said I had an attitude. Can you believe that? LOL
NO!! Get out! Really? It stuck with you for life! ROFLMAO

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#68646 Mar 17, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>You know it! It's different out in the world when you aren't begging for props. How's it going, are you still playing the game Mr. 8?
Which game is that? I quit playing the topix game a long time ago and no longer seek props but I still play the game of billiards.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#68647 Mar 17, 2013
Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!! Get out! Really? It stuck with you for life! ROFLMAO
Readily accepts orders from senior officers, but balks at orders from junior petty officers. Quick to complain, sharp wit. Too bad it can't be channeled towards positive leadership. A pleasure to work with, as long as things are going well. Ark Ark Ark

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Smart Alex 1,153,364
Why do some cover for obumbler? 9 min HolderjakdMyCock 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min auntiesemite 70,992
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,743
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 min Mister Tonka 98,833
It's the Gangs and Not the Police as Chicago's ... 57 min Culture Auditor 1
Abby 12-18 1 hr pde 4
Deat Abby 12-16 1 hr Mister Tonka 70
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:02 pm PST

NBC Sports12:02PM
Marc Trestman thinks Jay Cutler can benefit from benching
ESPN12:14 PM
Bears seek 'spark', bench Cutler for Clausen
NBC Sports12:20 PM
Cutler says he was "shocked" and "disappointed" to lose job
NFL12:26 PM
Trestman on Cutler benching: I think we need a spark
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Jay Cutler wants to stay in Chicago, but will the Bears keep him?