Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 3,120)

Showing posts 62,381 - 62,400 of67,863
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
More of that walking softly and carrying that big stick?
All it takes is 99,994 more signatures to influence policy...then one BIG signature to make it the stick. Speak your mind where it counts.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>All it takes is 99,994 more signatures to influence policy...then one BIG signature to make it the stick. Speak your mind where it counts.
I was referring to this administration that keeps their mouths shut while being threatened by these terrorist supporting countries. Now this. YOU made reference to the "walk softly and carry a big stick" when I b!tched about it before. Member? Huh?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Breaker 19. Breaker 19. Radio check, over.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/hartford-ct/T...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to this administration that keeps their mouths shut while being threatened by these terrorist supporting countries. Now this. YOU made reference to the "walk softly and carry a big stick" when I b!tched about it before. Member? Huh?
You were serious about that? Oh.

All I'm sayin' is that withdrawing from a country you've been pounding on for the last decade is a real test of friendship. Karzai fails the test. I can't really blame him since our leaving will mean he'll die.

If you need it to go louder, the address I posted will let you start a petition for the nuclear bombing of anyone who threatens us. 150 signatures gives it public play on the White House website, after which you can probably call yourself a movement.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>You were serious about that? Oh.
All I'm sayin' is that withdrawing from a country you've been pounding on for the last decade is a real test of friendship. Karzai fails the test. I can't really blame him since our leaving will mean he'll die.
If you need it to go louder, the address I posted will let you start a petition for the nuclear bombing of anyone who threatens us. 150 signatures gives it public play on the White House website, after which you can probably call yourself a movement.
LOL. I don't want to Nuke anybody. I want somebody to man up to threats. Not assume it's all bluster and brinkmanship. You know, like, "if you think that I'm wrong, then on my chest's where you belong." Or, "nothing between you and me but air,(Suck in) "now the air is gone, MOFO. Stuff like like. Instead, we get commentary from pundits about how it would be suicide for N. Korea and other know nothings. Their guess is as good as mine. Worthless. Start waving the big stick around.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I don't want to Nuke anybody. I want somebody to man up to threats. Not assume it's all bluster and brinkmanship. You know, like, "if you think that I'm wrong, then on my chest's where you belong." Or, "nothing between you and me but air,(Suck in) "now the air is gone, MOFO. Stuff like like. Instead, we get commentary from pundits about how it would be suicide for N. Korea and other know nothings. Their guess is as good as mine. Worthless. Start waving the big stick around.
It's possible the boy dictator had no choice about how far the threat went once spoken but I bet his intended audience was domestic. In other words, we got spammed on a diplomatic level.

I don't think this ones going to make the threshold for White House bandwidth. It hasn't done anything since I signed it and none of my pals are taking the hint.(puss) Time to just leave Afghanistan and let them slaughter themselves.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>It's possible the boy dictator had no choice about how far the threat went once spoken but I bet his intended audience was domestic. In other words, we got spammed on a diplomatic level.
I don't think this ones going to make the threshold for White House bandwidth. It hasn't done anything since I signed it and none of my pals are taking the hint.(puss) Time to just leave Afghanistan and let them slaughter themselves.
See the boys in the air made an Iranian jet change its mind as it was attempting to confront a drone in International airspace. He apparently wasn't about to engage anything that could shoot back. That's what I'm talkin about, Willis.

>One pilot issued an oral warning, and the American jets then closed to within 2 miles of the Iranian jet, which flew away<

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...

Since: Sep 09

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

A new government was born today in Israel, leaving me very optimistic. This is not the government prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu hoped for, he was forced to leave the Ultra-Orthodox parties out of his coalition and give in to the joint demands of the YeshAtid and BayitYehudi parties, leading to the creation of a center-right government of liberal economic agendas, dedicated to strengthening the middle class and changing the relationship between religion and state.

Yair Lapid, a rising star in Israeli politics whose party won 19 seats out of 120 in the Israeli Knesset, was appointed Minister of the treasury and will manage Israel's economy in the coming years after leading a successful campaign with the slogen "Where is our money?", a huge achivement for the former news anchor and talkshow host.

Hit it ladies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Ev'ry night a star is
Right in sight a star is
Burning bright a star is born

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
See the boys in the air made an Iranian jet change its mind as it was attempting to confront a drone in International airspace. He apparently wasn't about to engage anything that could shoot back. That's what I'm talkin about, Willis.
>One pilot issued an oral warning, and the American jets then closed to within 2 miles of the Iranian jet, which flew away<
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...
I can't believe the Persians still fly the F-4. The Predator might have the advantage with Hellfire in a front aspect attack profile. Hell, with that old plane it might win a tail chase too. That would be poetic justice...a drone shooting down an Iranian plane.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
A new government was born today in Israel, leaving me very optimistic. This is not the government prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu hoped for, he was forced to leave the Ultra-Orthodox parties out of his coalition and give in to the joint demands of the YeshAtid and BayitYehudi parties, leading to the creation of a center-right government of liberal economic agendas, dedicated to strengthening the middle class and changing the relationship between religion and state.
Yair Lapid, a rising star in Israeli politics whose party won 19 seats out of 120 in the Israeli Knesset, was appointed Minister of the treasury and will manage Israel's economy in the coming years after leading a successful campaign with the slogen "Where is our money?", a huge achivement for the former news anchor and talkshow host.
Hit it ladies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ev'ry night a star is
Right in sight a star is
Burning bright a star is born
Good luck with it Eran. I hope you get a high-paying government job out of it ;-))

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe the Persians still fly the F-4. The Predator might have the advantage with Hellfire in a front aspect attack profile. Hell, with that old plane it might win a tail chase too. That would be poetic justice...a drone shooting down an Iranian plane.
The F-4 was the s!ts in my day. Then the Phantom. They never landed on my ships. We had boardwalk decks. LOL

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
The F-4 was the s!ts in my day. Then the Phantom. They never landed on my ships. We had boardwalk decks. LOL
And steam engines ;>)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
The F-4 was the s!ts in my day.
I saw an old clip of Orville and Wilbur Wright and could have sworn I saw you in it! LOL

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>And steam engines ;>)
You being an Officer and all, probably never had the opportunity to perform "wheels watch" at the end of the runway. At Quonset we had a wagon with red paddles to alert pilots that their wheels weren't down. Visiting A-4's used to come screaming in and were a sight to see as we were mainly prop squadrons.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
You being an Officer and all, probably never had the opportunity to perform "wheels watch" at the end of the runway. At Quonset we had a wagon with red paddles to alert pilots that their wheels weren't down. Visiting A-4's used to come screaming in and were a sight to see as we were mainly prop squadrons.
That's pretty pathetic, getting dirty was never a problem for me. I ran checklists through my head so many times it was second nature, not to mention the guy in back.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty pathetic, getting dirty was never a problem for me. I ran checklists through my head so many times it was second nature, not to mention the guy in back.
For some reason they didn't trust checklists or indicators, hence the need for wheel watchers and a flare gun. Dare you question the intelligence prevelant at the time? They were, after all, OFFICERS! BwaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaa. I did abandon my cart on a couple of mishaps. No wheels up incidents, just props into the concrete and tire blowout kind of things. It was exciting. I loved it. Better than Fire Watches. What are those, you say? BwaaaaaaHaaaaaa
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

The Rolling Stones and Israel.

http://unitycoalitionforisrael.org/news/...

Go Stones Go!!!!!!!!!

Old timers, Cliff Richard, Neil Zedaka also coming.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Uzi wrote:
The Rolling Stones and Israel.
http://unitycoalitionforisrael.org/news/...
Go Stones Go!!!!!!!!!
Old timers, Cliff Richard, Neil Zedaka also coming.
Neil who? If not a scam, go for it. You going?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty pathetic, getting dirty was never a problem for me. I ran checklists through my head so many times it was second nature, not to mention the guy in back.
When did you ever get dirty, Commander? Handing somebody your barf bag? Ever scrub a commode? Mop a floor? Drop your pretentious BS. Officers always had somebody to do that for them. And, gladly. Us enlisted peepuls wuz always there to surv. Mo Fo.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you ever get dirty, Commander? Handing somebody your barf bag? Ever scrub a commode? Mop a floor? Drop your pretentious BS. Officers always had somebody to do that for them. And, gladly. Us enlisted peepuls wuz always there to surv. Mo Fo.
You know I was an E-4 in the reserves when I got accepted to ROTC, right? Did boot camp, monthly drills, summer cruises, the whole .5 yards. Ever stand a bilge watch on a mahogany minesweeper? Got buckets?

You're damn right life was better after commissioning.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 62,381 - 62,400 of67,863
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Hey Stupid Democrats 1,078,396
Abby 7-23 23 min edogxxx 2
Amy 7-23 26 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min wojar 174,460
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,512
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Stuart Cudahy 45,764
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr truth 48,841
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 3:16AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search