Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
62,281 - 62,300 of 68,085 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68508
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Really? China would rather prop up another generation of megalomaniacal Asian sunglass models than get paid? We're not talking about grandpa's China anymore...Communism in China doesn't look like Communist Korea nor has it for a while.
I bet the drummies are spoken for already, aren't they?
Kaleidoscope, your hypothetical nuke scenario gave me a reason to say why NK will never happen. China has already said so. Now, Russia is sending warnings about attacking Iran. How long do we "fantasize" that we number one without some indication that we are? Old school? Or old fool?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68509
Mar 9, 2013
 
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Kaleidoscope, your hypothetical nuke scenario gave me a reason to say why NK will never happen. China has already said so. Now, Russia is sending warnings about attacking Iran. How long do we "fantasize" that we number one without some indication that we are? Old school? Or old fool?
Do I have to choose? Why can't I be both? Saying so doesn't necessarily make it so. We still haven't pulled out the "you are not the boss of me" gambit so there's still a lot of diplomatic wiggle room left.

More importantly who do I have to kill to get a leg?

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68510
Mar 9, 2013
 
Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!!!! Hmmm - where did you get the 3-legged turkey? Oh, never mind. I still want one! LOL
Okay. For you Southern miscreants. I spent a month in New Smyrna, Fla, and could not find a decent hotdog anywhere. I'm talking links, not the 8 to a pack Hebrew skinless. And, try to find a place to get a chunk of Genoa Salami for my antipasto. Besides not meeting anybody who could make the correct change, I thought I was in a another country where the simplest request was answered with "Huh?". Now, ANYBODY who would attempt to purchase Turkey legs would know that they come 3 to a pack. Not two because Turkeys have 2 legs. 3, because they want to get into you pockets. Next time either one of you world travelers go to your Henny Penny or whatever the fcuk they call it, try to find them (good luck with that. Clearing that first hurdle, count the pieces in the package. More importantly, after the purchase, check your change.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68512
Mar 9, 2013
 
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Do I have to choose? Why can't I be both? Saying so doesn't necessarily make it so. We still haven't pulled out the "you are not the boss of me" gambit so there's still a lot of diplomatic wiggle room left.
More importantly who do I have to kill to get a leg?
(Saying so doesn't necessarily make it so) Deep. Heavy. Cryptic. LOL The leg was delicious and so was the breast. We're not talking Cheftell here, but we could be. ;<)

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68513
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. For you Southern miscreants. I spent a month in New Smyrna, Fla, and could not find a decent hotdog anywhere. I'm talking links, not the 8 to a pack Hebrew skinless. And, try to find a place to get a chunk of Genoa Salami for my antipasto. Besides not meeting anybody who could make the correct change, I thought I was in a another country where the simplest request was answered with "Huh?". Now, ANYBODY who would attempt to purchase Turkey legs would know that they come 3 to a pack. Not two because Turkeys have 2 legs. 3, because they want to get into you pockets. Next time either one of you world travelers go to your Henny Penny or whatever the fcuk they call it, try to find them (good luck with that. Clearing that first hurdle, count the pieces in the package. More importantly, after the purchase, check your change.
My butcher will put as many in a sack as I ask for, I just don't ask. My son is the smoker in the family. When I want ribs or brisket or a slab of salmon I just tell him I'm bringing him a present. I do steaks, birds and seafood on the grill as nature intended. Veggies are good too. We have one of those Kitchenaid stand mixers and I've debated getting the sausage attachment over and over. I keep losing because I just had to have the pasta attachments and I've used them once in about 10 years. Even then we were making papyrus.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68514
Mar 9, 2013
 
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>My butcher will put as many in a sack as I ask for, I just don't ask. My son is the smoker in the family. When I want ribs or brisket or a slab of salmon I just tell him I'm bringing him a present. I do steaks, birds and seafood on the grill as nature intended. Veggies are good too. We have one of those Kitchenaid stand mixers and I've debated getting the sausage attachment over and over. I keep losing because I just had to have the pasta attachments and I've used them once in about 10 years. Even then we were making papyrus.
I found a butcher shop in Flagler that had hotdogs links, but they weren't Hummels or Deutchmakers They were more like Brown and Serve breakfast links. As for the Genoa, no comprende. LOL

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68515
Mar 9, 2013
 
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>My butcher will put as many in a sack as I ask for, I just don't ask. My son is the smoker in the family. When I want ribs or brisket or a slab of salmon I just tell him I'm bringing him a present. I do steaks, birds and seafood on the grill as nature intended. Veggies are good too. We have one of those Kitchenaid stand mixers and I've debated getting the sausage attachment over and over. I keep losing because I just had to have the pasta attachments and I've used them once in about 10 years. Even then we were making papyrus.
Nature intended to have meat smoked as per our Native Americans. Ya know. We added the grills because we are civilized. I'm also a Blue Rhino customer. You have them down there? You don't? Google it. Grilling is good, but if you have the time, the texture and moistness of the food cannot match a 3-4 hour slow cook. Know what I'm saying , Bubba? Can you hear me, Knucklehead? Give me a hug.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68516
Mar 9, 2013
 
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature intended to have meat smoked as per our Native Americans. Ya know. We added the grills because we are civilized. I'm also a Blue Rhino customer. You have them down there? You don't? Google it. Grilling is good, but if you have the time, the texture and moistness of the food cannot match a 3-4 hour slow cook. Know what I'm saying , Bubba? Can you hear me, Knucklehead? Give me a hug.
They have the casings and tips and stuff at Bass Pro so I may have to break down and start DIYing some snozzeges. I'll let you smoke them all you want. Some of us like to watch sausage being made:-)

Do we have Blue Rhino down here? Did you really just infer that we don't have propane down south?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68517
Mar 9, 2013
 
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
The leg was delicious and so was the breast. We're not talking Cheftell here, but we could be. ;<)
YAK!!!! I heard that!

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68518
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
YAK!!!! I heard that!
Nothing like a French Dip!
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68519
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. For you Southern miscreants. I spent a month in New Smyrna, Fla, and could not find a decent hotdog anywhere. I'm talking links, not the 8 to a pack Hebrew skinless. And, try to find a place to get a chunk of Genoa Salami for my antipasto. Besides not meeting anybody who could make the correct change, I thought I was in a another country where the simplest request was answered with "Huh?". Now, ANYBODY who would attempt to purchase Turkey legs would know that they come 3 to a pack. Not two because Turkeys have 2 legs. 3, because they want to get into you pockets. Next time either one of you world travelers go to your Henny Penny or whatever the fcuk they call it, try to find them (good luck with that. Clearing that first hurdle, count the pieces in the package. More importantly, after the purchase, check your change.
Those are imported turkeys from Chernobile, Russia. Its a collectors item inside the great Russian vampire:-)))))))
You clueless gringos.......
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68520
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TWO SKINNY LAWYERS

For all of you who have made disparaging remarks about President Obama,
please read the following...

I'm sure most of us have read the so-called comparison of Lincoln and
Kennedy, but did you ever consider the relationship between Obama and
Lincoln?

You might be surprised...

Parallels of Abraham Lincoln and Barack Hussein Obama:

1. Lincoln placed his hand on the Bible for his inauguration. Obama used the
same Bible.

2. Lincoln came from Illinois . Obama comes from Illinois .

3. Lincoln served in the Illinois Legislature. Obama served in the Illinois
Legislature.

4. Lincoln had very little experience before becoming President. Obama had
very little experience before becoming President.

5. Lincoln rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his
inauguration. Obama rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his
inauguration.

6. Lincoln was a skinny lawyer. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

7. Lincoln was a Republican. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

8. Lincoln was in the United States military. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

9. Lincoln believed in everyone carrying their own weight. Obama is a skinny
lawyer.

10. Lincoln did not waste taxpayers' money on personal enjoyments. Obama is
a skinny lawyer.

11. Lincoln was highly respected. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

12. Lincoln was born in the United States . Obama is a skinny lawyer.

13. Lincoln was honest, so honest he was called Honest Abe. Obama is a
skinny lawyer

14. Lincoln saved the United States . Obama is a skinny lawyer.

AMAZING, ISN'T IT?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68521
Mar 10, 2013
 
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. For you Southern miscreants. I spent a month in New Smyrna, Fla, and could not find a decent hotdog anywhere. I'm talking links, not the 8 to a pack Hebrew skinless. And, try to find a place to get a chunk of Genoa Salami for my antipasto. Besides not meeting anybody who could make the correct change, I thought I was in a another country where the simplest request was answered with "Huh?". Now, ANYBODY who would attempt to purchase Turkey legs would know that they come 3 to a pack. Not two because Turkeys have 2 legs. 3, because they want to get into you pockets. Next time either one of you world travelers go to your Henny Penny or whatever the fcuk they call it, try to find them (good luck with that. Clearing that first hurdle, count the pieces in the package. More importantly, after the purchase, check your change.
Get off your yumpin soapbox. I, also, eat only hotdogs that are sold by the foot. Love em - nothing else is a real dog! Salami? I don't do antipasto. YUK. I'll have to check how turkey legs are sold - never bought 'em without the bird attached. We don't make change or count change in this part of the country; we swipe cards. Henny Penny? LOL Calm down and get real, Sugar.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68522
Mar 10, 2013
 
TRD wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not sad, I'm real (it's right there in my name), and he was lawfully re-elected. Four more years babe, them's the rules.
Seriously, Real, I don't believe the "lawfully" part. I have big issues with that. To each his own.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68523
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, Real, I don't believe the "lawfully" part. I have big issues with that. To each his own.
I understand, I really do. It's just that after four years, birthers were unable to prove their assertions and he was re-elected. With that in mind, it will take all of his second term in office to prove that you still can't prove anything wrong, after which he will be ex-president and you'll have wasted another four years wishing it went the other way.

If I were still in uniform, he'd be my commander in chief and you and I would have much stronger words.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68524
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off your yumpin soapbox. I, also, eat only hotdogs that are sold by the foot. Love em - nothing else is a real dog! Salami? I don't do antipasto. YUK. I'll have to check how turkey legs are sold - never bought 'em without the bird attached. We don't make change or count change in this part of the country; we swipe cards. Henny Penny? LOL Calm down and get real, Sugar.
Just recounting my month long experience in Limestone land. Great weather and I got to see an evening launch from Titusville from my 8th floor balcony on the waterfront. One day I got hit by a swarm of gross hoppers the size of clothespins. It was raining them. Bouncing of windows, doors and my back. Stung. One last thing. Only dumb people buy groceries with credit/debit cards. Because thyey can'tg count their change. Ark Yak

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68525
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

No typo police please. It's early.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68526
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just recounting my month long experience in Limestone land. Great weather and I got to see an evening launch from Titusville from my 8th floor balcony on the waterfront. One day I got hit by a swarm of gross hoppers the size of clothespins. It was raining them. Bouncing of windows, doors and my back. Stung. One last thing. Only dumb people buy groceries with credit/debit cards. Because thyey can'tg count their change. Ark Yak
We have a lot of nature here, what did you expect? At least you didn't get hit by any tire iron sized bugs...you should try riding a motorcycle down here.

Come to think of it...

http://www.daytonabikeweek.com/

I got stuck waiting for the big start-up run to rumble through town. Every scooter-cop in three counties runs interference for thousands of bikes, leap frogging intersections so they don't have to stop. I stood through five light cycles at a major intersection watching the red light camera take pictures of almost every tag as they blew through the light. Those robo-tickets can't be beat and will follow them back to Kansas or Connecticut or wherever. BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68527
Mar 10, 2013
 
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>We have a lot of nature here, what did you expect? At least you didn't get hit by any tire iron sized bugs...you should try riding a motorcycle down here.
Come to think of it...
http://www.daytonabikeweek.com/
I got stuck waiting for the big start-up run to rumble through town. Every scooter-cop in three counties runs interference for thousands of bikes, leap frogging intersections so they don't have to stop. I stood through five light cycles at a major intersection watching the red light camera take pictures of almost every tag as they blew through the light. Those robo-tickets can't be beat and will follow them back to Kansas or Connecticut or wherever. BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!
In back of that Condo I stayed at, away from the ocean view, there was at least 25 White Ibis roosting on mossy stumps every morning. That's something a bird lover has etched into their memory as one of those things that CT Yankees don't see every day. Like the evening launch from Titus Ville. Actually saw the fuel tanks jettison with my Bi-Nocs. Too bad the job didn't work out. I might still be there. In those days, I could have sold and easily bought a ranch home like the Golden Girls owned. But, if it doesn't work out, you can't come back under the same circumstances. One of my regrets. Of many. Shoulda coulda woulda. Where's my hug?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68528
Mar 10, 2013
 
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
In back of that Condo I stayed at, away from the ocean view, there was at least 25 White Ibis roosting on mossy stumps every morning. That's something a bird lover has etched into their memory as one of those things that CT Yankees don't see every day. Like the evening launch from Titus Ville. Actually saw the fuel tanks jettison with my Bi-Nocs. Too bad the job didn't work out. I might still be there. In those days, I could have sold and easily bought a ranch home like the Golden Girls owned. But, if it doesn't work out, you can't come back under the same circumstances. One of my regrets. Of many. Shoulda coulda woulda. Where's my hug?
No regrets whatsoever. If that had worked out, who knows if we'd have ever collided here. Besides, you make the most adorable snow angels it'd be a shame to waste a skill like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Buroc Millhouse Obama 1,084,539
Abby 8-1-14 15 min not a ghost 3
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 21 min Pay to Play 1,881
Ask Amy 8-1-14 22 min Kuuipo 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Bellweather 175,243
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 97,587
Ku Klux Klan recruitment drive raises old fears... 2 hr Hurray 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••