Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67854 Feb 6, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that an offer? No thanks. I like my stuff tighter than a bow string. Need help? Like, labia excess, fabricated for new ears for a burn victim? I fell out over all the place.
It's a win-win, she gets the look and feel she wants and somebody gets to put the trim to work. That's better than adopting Russian orphans.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67855 Feb 6, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> What an embarrassment of a president. Morsi should've walked up to the podium and bicth-slapped Abbas across his fat flabby face.
Is that any way to end an Islamic conference? Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about Abbas...he stepped on his Johnson but good this time. But shouldn't they all join hands and sing Kumbaya or something?
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67856 Feb 7, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> I honestly, wholeheartedly feel sorry for anyone who believes this crap. Muslims will just remove the blood/pig from the ground and get on with their lives.
Sure sure, Islam and the truth shall never meet, never.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67858 Feb 7, 2013
Israel is sooooooooo isolated.......

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130207/jsp/nat...
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67860 Feb 7, 2013
Presenting the French bastards:

Ahhhhh!

France is now at war in Mali because it says “we cannot have a terrorist state at the door of Europe,” but when Israel launches a defensive operation to protect its citizens from missile attacks from terrorists in Gaza, all the French newspapers and television commentators scream about Israeli aggression.

The distance between Bamako and Paris: 6266 km. The distance between Gaza and Israel: 1km.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#67861 Feb 7, 2013
Uzi wrote:
Ahhhhh!
France is now at war in Mali because it says “we cannot have a terrorist state at the door of Europe,” but when Israel launches a defensive operation to protect its citizens from missile attacks from terrorists in Gaza, all the French newspapers and television commentators scream about Israeli aggression.
The distance between Bamako and Paris: 6266 km. The distance between Gaza and Israel: 1km.
It ain't just the French who are bastards. No country would allow themselves to be fired on, yet they all complain about Israel. So, what's new?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67862 Feb 7, 2013
Uzi wrote:
Ahhhhh!
Pardon me for stating the obvious but which brilliant surrender-monkey had the bright idea of putting a door to Europe in a Muslim country? The weatherstripping has needed replacement for about the last four decades and now France is full of them..

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67863 Feb 7, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't just the French who are bastards. No country would allow themselves to be fired on, yet they all complain about Israel. So, what's new?
It's so refreshing to see the tension building in Asia. Let's count Mississippi's until they figure out whether Japan is lying or if Russia is up to it's old overflight tricks. Freedom of navigation works in both directions.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67865 Feb 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>It's so refreshing to see the tension building in Asia. Let's count Mississippi's until they figure out whether Japan is lying or if Russia is up to it's old overflight tricks. Freedom of navigation works in both directions.
Lots of tension. Lots of contested Islands. Lots of provocative actions. Lots of bluster. A day don't go by without some country threatening another. Just once I would like to see the U.S state equivalently to North Korea or Iran that an attack on the U.S. will be the last thing they ever did. See the video of New York burning put out by North Korea? We just keep maintaining the "high road" and they get braver and braver.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67866 Feb 7, 2013
uh state "unequivocally"

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67867 Feb 7, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of tension. Lots of contested Islands. Lots of provocative actions. Lots of bluster. A day don't go by without some country threatening another. Just once I would like to see the U.S state equivalently to North Korea or Iran that an attack on the U.S. will be the last thing they ever did. See the video of New York burning put out by North Korea? We just keep maintaining the "high road" and they get braver and braver.
So? It's merchandising.

Sometimes a leader like Kim or Putin/Medvedev (Siamese presidents) needs to take control of the news cycle so as to highlight something they're doing or to hide it. Look at the video Iran is shopping around of video they say they got from the drone. That's Khamenei punctuating his refusal of direct nuclear talks with the US at what he calls the point of a gun.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67868 Feb 7, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
uh state "unequivocally"
I saw this headline and I thought "What's he doing in Tasmania?".

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67869 Feb 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I saw this headline and I thought "What's he doing in Tasmania?".
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...
Headlines can be deceptive and others, well:

http://www.mercurynews.com/education/ci_22502...

"You don't have to spend much time in Vietnam before you notice something unusual. You hear no birds singing, see no squirrels scrambling up trees or rats scurrying among the garbage. No dogs out for a walk."
"In fact, you see almost no wild or domesticated animals at all. Where'd they all go? You might be surprised to know: Most have been eaten.

I bet you didn’t realize how much you were helping the wildlife over there by eliminating diners.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67870 Feb 7, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Headlines can be deceptive and others, well:
http://www.mercurynews.com/education/ci_22502...
"You don't have to spend much time in Vietnam before you notice something unusual. You hear no birds singing, see no squirrels scrambling up trees or rats scurrying among the garbage. No dogs out for a walk."
"In fact, you see almost no wild or domesticated animals at all. Where'd they all go? You might be surprised to know: Most have been eaten.
I bet you didn’t realize how much you were helping the wildlife over there by eliminating diners.
You know I loves me some critters but nobody ever told me to do it for mom, apple pie and the rodents in the alley. That first cruise I bet I got as many squirrels as VC.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67871 Feb 7, 2013
You know this guy Ahmad?

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx...

Too funny...if we jailed everybody who criticized the government, Uzi would be serving a death sentence (in absentia).

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67872 Feb 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
You know this guy Ahmad?
Too funny...if we jailed everybody who criticized the government, Uzi would be serving a death sentence (in absentia).
Ahmad could receive the same sentence right now after posting that Morsi should have slapped Abbas' fat flabby face after the confusion of who he was actually kissing. Good thing Ahmad's here enjoying our sweet liberties and anonymity. I mean Nablus is in the West Bank. Even his family would have felt reprisals for what their boy frequently says about their revered leader.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67873 Feb 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
You know this guy Ahmad?
Now lets go to Tahrir square in Cairo where in the spirit of a muslim spring/summer 35 muslim women were raped during the demonstrations by very "nice" muslim men. 5-6 men grab a women , pull hir into a side street and bang.
Well ladies and ladies today its official, a god like mullah declared that its OK to rape those evil women cause they are good for nothing with their wild hair and colorful dresses. Go muslims rape, and while you at it kill kill kill. Who the f..ck said muslims dont treat their women right???

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67874 Feb 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
You know this guy Ahmad?
And one more thing, over here people lose their jobs if they criticize our glorious leader on Facebook and Twitter, but they stay out of serious trouble, unless they joke about terminating his term with extreme prejudice. First Amendment be damned.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67875 Feb 7, 2013
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Now lets go to Tahrir square in Cairo where in the spirit of a muslim spring/summer 35 muslim women were raped during the demonstrations by very "nice" muslim men. 5-6 men grab a women , pull hir into a side street and bang.
Well ladies and ladies today its official, a god like mullah declared that its OK to rape those evil women cause they are good for nothing with their wild hair and colorful dresses. Go muslims rape, and while you at it kill kill kill. Who the f..ck said muslims dont treat their women right???
Stop making stuff up.
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2013/02...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67876 Feb 7, 2013
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not too safe in Cairo for Persians either.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2013/02...

Perhaps the trend will turn around...Abu Islam's comments were not well received in the Twitter universe.

“When will you Egyptians kill Abu Islam? We do not need more [idiots.]”

Twitter is the great equalizer of the Arab world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,895
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min No Surprize 1,154,438
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Earthling-1 49,247
Abby 12-22 37 min Mister Tonka 5
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min Frijoles 71,131
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Deputy Dog 98,857
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 2 hr Le Jimbo 20
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News