Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 3,079)

Showing posts 61,561 - 61,580 of67,253
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have a .0635% sales tax, you simply triple it and it gets you close. If she has great cleavage, add 1%.
That's a handy tipping tip, thanks. And if there's junk in the trunk what do you do?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

meds2you wrote:
no comment
Have all six of your comments been "no comment"?

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>That's a handy tipping tip, thanks. And if there's junk in the trunk what do you do?
I rarely frequent Diners.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that settles it. You really ARE a split-tail. I'll be dawgone. Greetings and salutations, Bon Femme.
Are you for real? This does not make you a Bonhomme, Monsieur.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I rarely frequent Diners.
Exactly why is this funny, brilliant and racy? Self-voted, huh? Hmmmm .. although I do think the tipping chart is funny and racy. Go to school, bud.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly why is this funny, brilliant and racy? Self-voted, huh? Hmmmm .. although I do think the tipping chart is funny and racy. Go to school, bud.
Try voting for yourself. It don't let you. At any rate, you judged me. You found it funny because Diners are prone to hire chubbies. You found it racy because of the junk in the trunk rebuttal and you found it brilliant because I am. Now roll over and go back to sleep. ;>)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Try voting for yourself. It don't let you. At any rate, you judged me.
I honestly, positively, absolutely did NOT judge you! Word of honor!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly, positively, absolutely did NOT judge you! Word of honor!
I cannot tell a lie, the middle east conflict...the judgies...I did it. Chalk it up to a twisted sense of humor.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot tell a lie, the middle east conflict...the judgies...I did it. Chalk it up to a twisted sense of humor.
Don't you just love it when noobs take those judgies seriously? If I ever paid attention to them, I'd never post. LOL I love giving you lemons and meanies, Butchie.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you just love it when noobs take those judgies seriously? If I ever paid attention to them, I'd never post. LOL I love giving you lemons and meanies, Butchie.
Not as much as I love agreeing with you...who loves ya?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Not as much as I love agreeing with you...who loves ya?
I love you both! LOL
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>When I had horses I steered away from Arabians because they are high-strung. They look good and show well but for utility I wouldn't risk it.
Besides, I've been through Egypt and Jordan and I've been to Lebanon and you don't see many horses. Donkeys are still everywhere (workhorses) but the most prevalent working animal on the peninsula and northern Africa is the camel. No offense intended but when I picture Arabs in the desert it's aboard a camel.
The reason is cause horses got a small footprint, cant handle sand too good, they sink in and makes it hard for them to move. The word is camel urine.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

http://www.news24.com/World/News/Israel-arres...

>Jerusalem - Israel's Shin Bet domestic security service and army announced on Thursday the arrest of about 20 members of Hamas' armed wing in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.

The Shin Bet and army arrested "approximately 20 terrorists affiliated with the Hamas who were planning a kidnapping attack in order to bargain for the release of prisoners", a joint statement read.<

Go Shin Bet. Looks like a little R & R in one of Israel's fine prisons.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
I love you both! LOL
Let's make a wish..

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason is cause horses got a small footprint, cant handle sand too good, they sink in and makes it hard for them to move. The word is camel urine.
I know where you're leading and I'm not biting, I'm sure it's an acquired taste.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/83423

..."And Allaah knows best."

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's make a wish..
I wish this wish doesn't offend the fuzz ball.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>When I had horses I steered away from Arabians because they are high-strung. They look good and show well but for utility I wouldn't risk it.
Besides, I've been through Egypt and Jordan and I've been to Lebanon and you don't see many horses. Donkeys are still everywhere (workhorses) but the most prevalent working animal on the peninsula and northern Africa is the camel. No offense intended but when I picture Arabs in the desert it's aboard a camel.
Did you expect to see Arabians trotting on the side of the road next to donkeys and mules? A purebred Arabian costs more than a Ferrari. People treat these animals like family members. They keep records of the horse's ancestry, sort of like a family tree.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Did you expect to see Arabians trotting on the side of the road next to donkeys and mules? A purebred Arabian costs more than a Ferrari. People treat these animals like family members. They keep records of the horse's ancestry, sort of like a family tree.
Yeah I know. Horse people are nuts...I've insulted far more horse people than Arabs. I'll tell you one thing Ahmad...never buy an Arabian horse but ABSOLUTELY NEVER buy one from an Arab. If those a-holes are willing to fork over that kind of money for a pedigree they have too much money and it's certain that they have no sense.

Do you think having the Arabian horse instead of the camel would have enhanced the Arab's image in the commercial? They do cost as much as an Italian sports car and everyone likes Italians.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I know. Horse people are nuts...I've insulted far more horse people than Arabs. I'll tell you one thing Ahmad...never buy an Arabian horse but ABSOLUTELY NEVER buy one from an Arab. If those a-holes are willing to fork over that kind of money for a pedigree they have too much money and it's certain that they have no sense.
Do you think having the Arabian horse instead of the camel would have enhanced the Arab's image in the commercial? They do cost as much as an Italian sports car and everyone likes Italians.
Arabs love and respect horses. They used to (they still do?) let horses sleep inside their tents with the rest of the family. They even took pride in their horses' ancestry. For example, a horse would have a name like Abhar bin Atlal bin Ahzam bin Ashqar bin....etc.(Bin means son of, as in Osama bin Laden LOL).
There are folders upon folders of ancient Arabic poetry and literature about horses. Adham, which is one of the popular Arabic boy names, was the name of a horse that belonged to a pre-Islamic poet and knight called Antara bin Shadad.

If I ever find myself with an extra 200,000 dollars laying around, I'd happily invest in an Arabian horse. Very beautiful, sensitive, high spirited, proud, and loyal animals. What's not to love about them?

As for the Ad, well, like I said, it's f*ckin stupid. Those racism claims are ridiculous. That said, it would have been FAIR to give us the option to vote for the Arab guy. After all, the ad suggests that the race is taking place in Rub' Al Khali desert.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Arabs love and respect horses. They used to (they still do?) let horses sleep inside their tents with the rest of the family. They even took pride in their horses' ancestry. For example, a horse would have a name like Abhar bin Atlal bin Ahzam bin Ashqar bin....etc.(Bin means son of, as in Osama bin Laden LOL).
There are folders upon folders of ancient Arabic poetry and literature about horses. Adham, which is one of the popular Arabic boy names, was the name of a horse that belonged to a pre-Islamic poet and knight called Antara bin Shadad.
If I ever find myself with an extra 200,000 dollars laying around, I'd happily invest in an Arabian horse. Very beautiful, sensitive, high spirited, proud, and loyal animals. What's not to love about them?
As for the Ad, well, like I said, it's f*ckin stupid. Those racism claims are ridiculous. That said, it would have been FAIR to give us the option to vote for the Arab guy. After all, the ad suggests that the race is taking place in Rub' Al Khali desert.
Cripes two in a row. Will wonder ever cease? I agree that it should have been considered, if not for just the financial reasons. You don't alienate your customers for any reason. Coke is big in the Middle East and many of the store owners are Arabs. Never let the camel bite the hand that keeps corporate profits up. I bet one penny that the ad does not appear during the superbowl. I can't believe I even posted this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,561 - 61,580 of67,253
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]