Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 3,077)

Showing posts 61,521 - 61,540 of67,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Don't get me wrong, I know Muslims are in deep sh*t these days. But I like to give credit where it's due. Also, I'm not proud of being Arab or Muslim. I don't have that tribal mentality. That said, no one can discount Muslims' contribution to science throughout history. People like TRD and trolls like Uzi are always saying crap like "Muslims have been killing Muslims for thousands of year" which is not true at all. Believe or not, the Middle East was prosperous and safe at one point in history, until it was destroyed by Mongols from the east and crusaders from the west.
Uzi, maybe...not me. I've been saying that if they weren't killing Jews they'd be killing other Muslims. There's a subtle distinction.

Are you denying that sectarian tension has existed among Muslims for the last 1,600 or so years? You'd be splitting hairs on the definition of "thousands".

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyhing that the arabs did and they did some came BEFORE i-slime took over. Since then they are in the gutters where islam belongs.
So, let me see if I have this straight...

Ancient Arabs were Ferrari's until Islam came along and threw the boot onto the front driver-side tire?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Uzi, maybe...not me. I've been saying that if they weren't killing Jews they'd be killing other Muslims. There's a subtle distinction.
Are you denying that sectarian tension has existed among Muslims for the last 1,600 or so years? You'd be splitting hairs on the definition of "thousands".
AT LEAST 1600 years? Where the f*ck do you people get your facts from?
Islam has been around for barely 1450 years, and the division, or "Fitna" as it's called by Muslims, happened about 30-40 years later (I think). It was between Hassan and Hussein(sons of the fifth man of Islam, Ali)and and the Umayyads (who later became the Moors of Spain). It didn't last long, and Hassan and Hussein were betrayed by their followers from Iraq, and were eventually killed by the Umayyads. The "traitors" later became the Shia of Ali, which literally means the party/group of Ali. The reason you see Shia followers beat the sh*t out of themselves on Ashura (the day Hassan and Hussein were killed) is that they see it as a form of punishment for betraying them. After that, all the conflicts were political and small. The Shia-Sunni sh*t started again after the invasion of Iraq.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>So, let me see if I have this straight...
Ancient Arabs were Ferrari's until Islam came along and threw the boot onto the front driver-side tire?
Yes Sir, but thats history for now. Its a fact i-slime makes you an idiot. No proof needed just look around. Right now arab muslims besides making delicious food they know shit. And yes, according to the UN muslims killed 11 million muslims so far. I say go baby go.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>AT LEAST 1600 years? Where the f*ck do you people get your facts from?
Islam has been around for barely 1450 years, and the division, or "Fitna" as it's called by Muslims, happened about 30-40 years later (I think). It was between Hassan and Hussein(sons of the fifth man of Islam, Ali)and and the Umayyads (who later became the Moors of Spain). It didn't last long, and Hassan and Hussein were betrayed by their followers from Iraq, and were eventually killed by the Umayyads. The "traitors" later became the Shia of Ali, which literally means the party/group of Ali. The reason you see Shia followers beat the sh*t out of themselves on Ashura (the day Hassan and Hussein were killed) is that they see it as a form of punishment for betraying them. After that, all the conflicts were political and small. The Shia-Sunni sh*t started again after the invasion of Iraq.
Sure sure.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Islam explained :

A Pakistani immigrant goes to a Doctor and says "I feel terrible". The Doctor says "You need to pee and crap in a bucket for a week, Throw in a dead fish and a rotting cabbage. Put a towel over your head and inhale the vapours' for 3 days". The man does this and goes back to the Doctor and says, "I feel wonderful!! What was wrong with me?" * "You were homesick".*

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>AT LEAST 1600 years? Where the f*ck do you people get your facts from?
OK, I rounded up...so sue me.

And I guess I owe you (and all Muslims) an apology wrecking Iraq and getting the sectarian ball rolling. Clearly, this shit is all my fault.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Sir, but thats history for now. Its a fact i-slime makes you an idiot. No proof needed just look around. Right now arab muslims besides making delicious food they know shit. And yes, according to the UN muslims killed 11 million muslims so far. I say go baby go.
Great, now I'm all turned around. You like them because they have wonderful food, you just hate them because they're violent dumb asses. Talk about conflicted...who believes anything coming out of the UN?

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Great, now I'm all turned around. You like them because they have wonderful food, you just hate them because they're violent dumb asses. Talk about conflicted...who believes anything coming out of the UN?
70 MPH winds last night. Phones ringing off the hook. Yahoo!! Trees down, power outages. Trees on roofs. Mega blow-offs. Halleluiah!!!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
70 MPH winds last night. Phones ringing off the hook. Yahoo!! Trees down, power outages. Trees on roofs. Mega blow-offs. Halleluiah!!!
I am happy and excited for your misery although the coincidence of this storm and your day off have me scratching my head. This is what you do with your free time...ice fishing and changing the weather? It's a good thing we're buddies.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I am happy and excited for your misery although the coincidence of this storm and your day off have me scratching my head. This is what you do with your free time...ice fishing and changing the weather? It's a good thing we're buddies.
Hey Bud. Which would bother you most? Russia and Hezbollah condemning the attack on Syria's sovereign soil or the UN declaring that the settlements are a violation of the Geneva Convention and Palestinian rights or the Egyptians denouncing violence or Hamas and Fatah kissing up in Feb? Huh? Huh?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bud. Which would bother you most? Russia and Hezbollah condemning the attack on Syria's sovereign soil or the UN declaring that the settlements are a violation of the Geneva Convention and Palestinian rights or the Egyptians denouncing violence or Hamas and Fatah kissing up in Feb? Huh? Huh?
E. None of the above.

A. "Alleged" Israeli attack
B. UN...seriously?
C. Egyptians denouncing violence as their funerals are attacked. Hah.
D. As it should be. For good or bad they can't take the next step without unification.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>E. None of the above.
A. "Alleged" Israeli attack
B. UN...seriously?
C. Egyptians denouncing violence as their funerals are attacked. Hah.
D. As it should be. For good or bad they can't take the next step without unification.
Okay. Do think this Coke ad to be shown during the Superbowl is racist towards Arabs? The Arab Defamation League says it makes Arabs look dumb. I kid you not. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Do think this Coke ad to be shown during the Superbowl is racist towards Arabs? The Arab Defamation League says it makes Arabs look dumb. I kid you not. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Y'know, I saw this in my Al Jazeera scan this morning and decided not to bring it up on account of Ahmad's breakthrough yesterday. I didn't want to rub it in that the Arab guy doesn't have a chance but I never thought it made him look dumb...just Arab.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

What happens if the spot airs, the people vote, and then it turns out to have been a tortoise and hare story all along? The Arab Anti Defamation League will look pretty silly getting all insulted then I bet.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Y'know, I saw this in my Al Jazeera scan this morning and decided not to bring it up on account of Ahmad's breakthrough yesterday. I didn't want to rub it in that the Arab guy doesn't have a chance but I never thought it made him look dumb...just Arab.
You call it breakthrough, I call it his coming out. It's no fun when you can't hate the guy. 8>)

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
You call it breakthrough, I call it his coming out. It's no fun when you can't hate the guy. 8>)
Meanie.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Meanie.
Not a chance. That's what they're all cranked up about. I mean, they're saying that the coke people are saying than an Arab could never win anything. The camel and his handler aren't listed on the cokechase website as a candidate. Hahahahahahahahah. Funny sh!t dat.

http://www.cokechase.com/

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a chance. That's what they're all cranked up about. I mean, they're saying that the coke people are saying than an Arab could never win anything. The camel and his handler aren't listed on the cokechase website as a candidate. Hahahahahahahahah. Funny sh!t dat.
I dunno, maybe "Open happiness" doesn't translate into Arabic but clearly all Coke was saying is that Arabs are handsome and camels are stubborn. Of course, even lost in translation it never takes much to get the masses stirred up. If they were included in the field then they'd probably be complaining about being lumped in with the leggy Jezebels.

I voted for the Showgirls.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TRD wrote:
What happens if the spot airs, the people vote, and then it turns out to have been a tortoise and hare story all along? The Arab Anti Defamation League will look pretty silly getting all insulted then I bet.
Is there an echo?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,521 - 61,540 of67,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min angel 1,036,083
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Scrutiny 167,778
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 43,114
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 4,037
ask amy 4-22 2 hr Zap Brannigan 59
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Dusty Mangina 47,151
Abby 4-22 4 hr pde 30
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr ScarletandOlive 96,199
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••