Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 3,072)

Showing posts 61,421 - 61,440 of67,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>The Egyptian election is still going on even though the vote was held last year. I guess if you don't like the outcome, you just riot until enough people die to force a no-confidence vote because the administration can't control the population.
Do you suppose this guy can read the shirt he's wearing?
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2013/01...
Which guy and what shirt???
Arab muslim springs are a great way to clean up the leftovers:-))))
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

A guy with big balls in Egypt.

http://twitchy.com/2013/01/25/sign-in-cairos-...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Which guy and what shirt???
Arab muslim springs are a great way to clean up the leftovers:-))))
They changed it, you had to be there. It was a crowd in the square with all but one guy facing away. The guy facing the camera standing on the barricade wore a shirt that said "fcuk the system".
Rambone

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

It was Baron Nathan Mayer de Rothschild (1840-1915) who once said: “I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the British Empire on which the sun never sets. The man that controls Britain’s money supply controls the British Empire, and I control the British money supply.” What was true of the British Empire is equally true of the US Empire, controlled remotely by the London based Elite through the Federal Reserve System. Judged by its consequences, the Federal Reserve System is the greatest con job in human history.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>They changed it, you had to be there. It was a crowd in the square with all but one guy facing away. The guy facing the camera standing on the barricade wore a shirt that said "fcuk the system".
Thanks
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

A reliable little bird reported to me that a few days ago an underground nuclear facility in Iran got blown up and about 240 scientist died and the whole thing is in shambles. Wonderful news but no real cross confirmation from any other source, yet. Oh those Mossad boys and girls sure work in many mysterious ways. Go Mossad go!!!!!!!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Uzi wrote:
A reliable little bird reported to me that a few days ago an underground nuclear facility in Iran got blown up and about 240 scientist died and the whole thing is in shambles. Wonderful news but no real cross confirmation from any other source, yet. Oh those Mossad boys and girls sure work in many mysterious ways. Go Mossad go!!!!!!!
Don't know your "little bird" and I can't find substantiation on that .....(the rest of my thoughts will be left unsaid!) haha

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know your "little bird" and I can't find substantiation on that .....(the rest of my thoughts will be left unsaid!) haha
Are you suggesting wishful thinking on Uzi's post? He has been known to spread undocumented "facts" in the past. But, you must remember that Iran is tight lipped about anything negative of their ability to remain the greatest thing since hummus. They are the masters of propaganda and if it suits their purpose, like blaming the U.S. or Israel for sabotage, they will say so. Only time will tell if uzi's bird is reliable. Something of this magnitude can't remain a secret for long. Don't hold your breath for confirmation, though. It just might be a sh!t-bird.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting wishful thinking on Uzi's post? He has been known to spread undocumented "facts" in the past. But, you must remember that Iran is tight lipped about anything negative of their ability to remain the greatest thing since hummus. They are the masters of propaganda and if it suits their purpose, like blaming the U.S. or Israel for sabotage, they will say so. Only time will tell if uzi's bird is reliable. Something of this magnitude can't remain a secret for long. Don't hold your breath for confirmation, though. It just might be a sh!t-bird.
I hear 'ya. Welcome back! I hate hummus!

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear 'ya. Welcome back! I hate hummus!
Did you know where hummus came from? We had this discussion ad-nausea in this thread when we had a few Palestinians here who take credit for everything good. You hate it, I hate it, but these people would slit your throat for a bowl of it. Check it out.

http://humus101.com/EN/2007/05/04/hummus-is-i...

>Most Israelis, and many people around the world, believe hummus to be an Israeli dish. On the other hand, when they want to eat good hummus, most Israelis will go to an Arab hummus place. So how invented it? Who does hummus belong to?

If you’d tell a Syrian, a Palestinian or an Israeli Arab, that hummus is an Israeli dish, they will probably laugh at your face. Hummus is eaten all over the middle-east, and is a part of the traditional Arab kitchen. There’s no way it was brought here by European Jews…

This does sound reasonable, although chickpeas are known to man for at least 9000 years. The Greeks loved it and the Romans made various dishes with it. Technically, the first documented use of chickpeas to make hummus is from the time of the crusaders, and it took place in ancient Israel.

True, the use of chickpeas to make a traditional dish called “Hamitz” was mentioned in the Talmud, some 700 years earlier.
There’s even a theory dating hummus invention around 1000BC, claiming it was mentioned in the bible.<

And the beat goes on.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Democracy at work.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea...

I always said you can take the animal out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the animal.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
Democracy at work.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea...
I always said you can take the animal out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the animal.
Know what you call 26 Egyptians killed after a guilty verdict (none of them defendants)?

A good start.

Find anything interesting on your business trip?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Know what you call 26 Egyptians killed after a guilty verdict (none of them defendants)?
A good start.
Yup. See your PM.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Know what you call 26 Egyptians killed after a guilty verdict (none of them defendants)?
A good start.
That doesn't include the 74 dead at the Soccer game. Between the two events, over a thousand injured. It doesn't take much to make them violent. Remind me of Baboons. See how quickly they become agitated? I think it's an evolution thing.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't include the 74 dead at the Soccer game. Between the two events, over a thousand injured. It doesn't take much to make them violent. Remind me of Baboons. See how quickly they become agitated? I think it's an evolution thing.
It's kind of convenient then that they've turned their evolution into a televised blood sport. We didn't even have to start a war to get this kind of entertainment?

How did we ever get by on boxing?
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
No problemos mister. When I noted that looks like Israel just knocked out a Syrian nuclear facility there was total silence. For about 3 weeks, than it hit the news. Lets wait and see. with Iran.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Muslim Brotherhood, The US communist Party etc etc.
Hussein Obama is the President of whom??

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics...
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Isnt muslim Turkey a part of NATO???? Of course it is. Well better somebody tell them.

Greeks intercept Turkish ship loaded with weapons
The ship was flying under the flag of St. Vincent and was registered as a cement bulk cargo ship. In reality, it was a Turkish ship loaded with weapons and bound for Libya, which a Greek paper speculated may have been on their way to the jihadists in Mali.

"SHOCK - Turkish Ship With Tonnes of Weapons Sails To Volos!," from HellasFrappe, January 25 (thanks to Joshua):

Port and customs officials were put on alert on Thursday after finding out that a cargo ship that had requested to be refueled (transit oil) at the port of Heracles (in Asteria Agrias) was carrying heavy weaponry and ammunition. Officials immediately informed the ministries of Foreign Affairs, Finance, Merchant Marine and the headquarters of the Hellenic Coast Guard. Following this, officials secured the area around the port and special forces from the Coast Guard conducted a thorough investigation.
According to a report from the Thessaly Journal, the ship "Alexandretta" -which was flying the flag of Saint Vincent- was from Turkey, and although it is registered as a cement bulk cargo ship was in all reality suspiciously transporting a huge quantity of weapons and ammunition. It said that unconfirmed reports also spoke of portable antiaircraft guns and anti-tank missiles, ammunition and infantry weapons such as Kalashnikov guns, etc.

The newspaper noted that the ship was bound for Libya, but also said that it could have been headed towards Mali (which boarders [sic] Libya) to arm Islamic rebels fighting there.

The newspaper, quoting reliable sources, said that as soon as Greek authorities were notified, they surrounded the ship, and prevented any embarking and disembarking to be conducted. For security purposes the ship was then forced to dock at the port of Volos, where it was immediately quarantined and under the watchful eye of competent authorities.

According to legislation, ships transporting weaponry -bound for countries such as Libya, Iran, Syria- are forbidden to pass through Greece. The newspaper said that the ship's capacity is 4,000 tonnes, but it did not disclose the exact weight of the cargo.

It should be reminded that Yemen authorities had discovered a similar shipment from a Turkish ship last November on the outskirts of the Anten port. The report in the Thessaly Journal noted that at the time, authorities were shocked to discover the $120 million shipment, and even more so when they uncovered that the ship was transporting 3,000 Turkish made pistols with silencers that were well hidden in biscuit boxes!
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Mr. Bean about "peaceful islam".

"What is wrong with inciting intense dislike of a religion if the activities or teaching of that religion are so outrageous, irrational or abusive of human rights that they deserve to be intensely disliked." -- Rowan Atkinson

Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Recently, a Pakistani religious leader, Pirzada Muhammad Raza Saqib Mustafai, said: "When the Jews are wiped out ... the sun of peace [will] begin to rise on the entire world." The same preaching is routinely done not only by clerics, but by politicians -- in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and elsewhere. This is not just Ahmedinijad; it is at the heart of Islamic theology that world peace will be established only when all the Jews are wiped from the earth. But few people in Western media are alarmed by this kind of rhetoric or care to expose this dreadful dark side of Islam's obsession with Jew-hatred.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,421 - 61,440 of67,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min ritedownthemiddle 1,072,050
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,153
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 12 min Hatti_Hollerand 394
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,602
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min ritedownthemiddle 45,466
Blood on the Fourth of July 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Amy 7-11 1 hr Kuuipo 9
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE